Home
Help
Search
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Jul 30, 2014, 03:14:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search: Advanced search
657807 Posts in 9259 Topics by 3396 Members Latest Member: - vlozan86 Most online today: 73 - most online ever: 494 (Jul 01, 2007, 02:59:53 PM)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 15
Print
Author Topic: Don't Blame Me, I Voted for Kodos! (Election 2008)  (Read 28076 times)
slow west vultures

« on: Mar 19, 2008, 05:52:16 PM »

its sad that the little remaining joy in my life comes from naming threads.

carried on from here:
http://www.lastplanetojakarta.com/forums/index.php/topic,10154.msg461690.html#msg461690

hey how about that democratic nomination process we've got going on?  boy howdy. 
« Last Edit: Mar 19, 2008, 05:53:55 PM by slow west vultures » Logged

Ocean in view! O! The joy!
Andrew_TSKS

« Reply #1 on: Mar 19, 2008, 07:28:52 PM »

by the way, i am not NEARLY as secure that mccain will lose the general as everyone else seems to be. as far as i can tell, mccain's approval ratings seem nearly unaffected by his unrelenting support for wars in iraq, iran, and afghanistan, let alone his blunders and hypocrisies where lobbyists, the economy, and even facts about said wars are concerned. granted, if he wins, it'll be because no one paid attention to his record, but isn't that what happened to bush in 04?

well, i guess the election was tampered with in ohio in 04, but still.

I just want to be myself and I want you to love me for who I am.
jebreject

« Reply #2 on: Mar 19, 2008, 07:41:35 PM »

Yeah I can't really imagine a likely scenario in which we have a McCain White House

Terrorist attack

I'm not racist, I've got lots of black Facebook friends.
elpollodiablo

« Reply #3 on: Mar 19, 2008, 07:45:24 PM »

I dunno if that's all that likely between now and November

think 'on the road.'
jebreject

« Reply #4 on: Mar 19, 2008, 08:00:29 PM »

Listen, I know something

JUST KIDDING NO I DON'T I'M JUST PLAYING AROUND OH GOD I CAN'T SURVIVE GITMO

C of heartbreak

« Reply #5 on: Mar 19, 2008, 08:05:53 PM »

Don't worry Jeb, I reported you as a suspicious individual a long time ago, so you're already on The List.

HOW WOULD I BE? WHAT WOULD I DO?
dieblucasdie

« Reply #6 on: Mar 19, 2008, 08:06:49 PM »

too late I already called you in.

Also TSKS, America had yet to hear McCain criticized from the left, only from the right, which serves to make him look sensible and moderate.  Obama, especially, pretty much doesn't have to do anything but hammer him on the war for six months, and his defense is going to look pathetic.

he was basically your only chance at making the world love you.
dieblucasdie

« Reply #7 on: Mar 19, 2008, 08:09:04 PM »

And Oh God, if the economy continues to get worse (which it will), forget it, McCain's going to look like a fool with that tax-cut flip-flop.  "Voted to give a bunch of money to the wealthiest Americans while the middleclass were losing their homes," etc.

he was basically your only chance at making the world love you.
hannah

« Reply #8 on: Mar 19, 2008, 08:53:55 PM »

I don't know, I kind of like the Iraq War
Babar

« Reply #9 on: Mar 19, 2008, 09:11:58 PM »

let me just say, a fantastic thread title, one of the best lines of hjs. now i'll be on my way and let you guys continue the bickering.
« Last Edit: Mar 19, 2008, 11:12:20 PM by Babar » Logged

Oh man, I'm gonna have cause to regret this post. I know it.
jebreject

« Reply #10 on: Mar 20, 2008, 02:36:41 AM »

lines of hjs

I don't know how you run things in Swede-land or wherever you're from, but, while this might sound like a good idea, handjobs are NOT the answer.

Babar

« Reply #11 on: Mar 20, 2008, 09:13:05 AM »

lines of hjs

I don't know how you run things in Swede-land or wherever you're from, but, while this might sound like a good idea, handjobs are NOT the answer.

they are the answer to some things, you must admit. but obvsly i was referring to homer j simpson, but i'm sure you got that. and i'm not from volvo-land. anyway, obamarama woooo

Oh man, I'm gonna have cause to regret this post. I know it.
FreddyKnuckles

« Reply #12 on: Mar 20, 2008, 09:16:51 AM »

yeah, I don't know, I feel like you guys are in this world where you are surrounded other liberals and can't possibly imagine anyone in the world voting republican.  Yet the fact remains: your parents and your friends' parents vote more than you and your friends do, and on top of that, your grandparents mailed in their ballots because they're the ones in there on election day counting the damn things.

I just remember a damn lot of people around me in 2004, saying things like "I can't imagine a scenario where GWB gets reelected, absent a terrorist attack". 

I'm not saying the republicans are going to win, or that they even have a shot, but don't count them out so early.  They're crippled right now, but they've got tricks up their sleeves and its already starting.

Quote from: Heathcote
I'm in with Greg Nog, IT'S FUCKING FAFFLE TIME!
elpollodiablo

« Reply #13 on: Mar 20, 2008, 09:19:45 AM »

yeah, I don't know, I feel like you guys are in this world where you are surrounded other liberals and can't possibly imagine anyone in the world voting republican. 

That's not true, I imagine idiots and the evil will be out voting for them in droves

think 'on the road.'
FreddyKnuckles

« Reply #14 on: Mar 20, 2008, 09:30:00 AM »

I just remember living in hippie college land and everyone I knew hated GWB and loved John Kerry, but it turns out none of them voted. 

Thermofusion

« Reply #15 on: Mar 20, 2008, 09:37:01 AM »

Just out of curiosity, FK, do you consider yourself a particular kind of conservative (fiscal, social, what-have-you).  Do you align yourself with the Republican party by default or do you consider yourself more independent? 

triple paisley minimum
elpollodiablo

« Reply #16 on: Mar 20, 2008, 09:49:18 AM »

You're right to a certain extent FK, but I think anyone can look at the current political climate and see that the Republican party has fallen on damn hard times recently. It's going to be a much harder sell for them come November than it will be for the Dems. And I don't know too many people who "loved" John Kerry; more that they justed hated GWB. This time we've got a presumptive nominee whom people seem to really like and respect, and not just because he's opposing John McCain.

think 'on the road.'
FreddyKnuckles

« Reply #17 on: Mar 20, 2008, 09:59:04 AM »

I don't really align myself with the republican party to tell you the truth.  I'm kinda all over the place

1. Pro-life
2. Anti-death penalty
3. In favor of fairly strict gun control
4. Indifferent toward gay marriage
5. I like getting money back in April instead of paying it
6. I don't give money to homeless people because it perpetuates their condition
7. I give money to churches instead
8. I'm Catholic
9. I voted for John Kerry in 2004
10. I think the troop surge is reducing overall violence in Iraq
11. I think we should withdraw as soon as is safely possible
12. I thought the initial decision to invade Iraq was horrifically premature
13. I think if Iraq becomes reasonably stabilized within the next 5 years there will be a net gain for the safety of the world.
14. I'm for Republicans when they ACTUALLY support small government rather than just saying that they support it.
15. I think that if you add up the costs of the various proposals Obama has made on the campaign trail the taxes of every american would at least triple.
16. I think it would be nice if we could do the things Obama promises but I don't think they're realistic.
17. I think Obama will probably be the next president.
18. I'm ok with that.

DCDave

« Reply #18 on: Mar 20, 2008, 10:12:25 AM »

FK: My parents and their friends are about 8x more liberal than I am.

But what the fuck do I know, I have a penis.
Thermofusion

« Reply #19 on: Mar 20, 2008, 10:17:01 AM »

I don't really align myself with the republican party to tell you the truth.  I'm kinda all over the place

Yeah, points 3, 9 and 11 definitely put you at odds with the Republican establishment (or whatever makes up the Republican establishment nowadays, since from an outsider's perspective it looks nowadays like an amorphous blob/Rorschach test with as many as five or six different-yet-occasionally-overlapping factions).  I've noticed, though, that the conservative Catholics (like yourself) I've known tend to have a more independent political mentality than other conservative Christians, who don't appear to have any ability for original thought.  So, props on that.
« Last Edit: Mar 20, 2008, 10:18:51 AM by Thermofusion » Logged

triple paisley minimum
Andrew_TSKS

« Reply #20 on: Mar 20, 2008, 02:22:01 PM »

15. I think that if you add up the costs of the various proposals Obama has made on the campaign trail the taxes of every american would at least triple.

you know, there's definitely something to this, but i'm of the opinion that getting rid of the bush tax cuts for the rich and for corporations will help that situation considerably. and if taxes on the upper class have to be raised beyond that level for rich people, i'm fine with that too. but i don't think it's as bad as "triple", even for the richest of the rich.

also, thermofusion, i don't know if you've picked up on this, but freddy and blucas are brothers, which makes the contrast between the two of them in the political threads even more interesting.

I just want to be myself and I want you to love me for who I am.
Thermofusion

« Reply #21 on: Mar 20, 2008, 03:16:56 PM »

also, thermofusion, i don't know if you've picked up on this, but freddy and blucas are brothers, which makes the contrast between the two of them in the political threads even more interesting.

I finally pieced that together recently.  I've recently figured out:

Freddy/Blucas : brother/brother
Heather Marie/Titus : girlfriend/boyfriend
Pollo/Jeb : master/sex slave

So, as you can see, I'm quite the learner.

triple paisley minimum
elpollodiablo

« Reply #22 on: Mar 20, 2008, 03:21:18 PM »

YEAH BITCHES I AM A TOP

think 'on the road.'
Mike24

« Reply #23 on: Mar 20, 2008, 03:24:12 PM »

I finally pieced that together recently.  I've recently figured out:

Freddy/Blucas : brother/brother
Heather Marie/Titus : girlfriend/boyfriend
Pollo/Jeb : master/sex slave

So, as you can see, I'm quite the learner.

it's more like heather marie/titus/jeb/pollo: girlfriend/boyfriend/boyfriend/voyeur

she doesn't like it too hot, she doesn't like it too cold, room temperature, room temperature
elpollodiablo

« Reply #24 on: Mar 20, 2008, 03:24:55 PM »

JUST PUT THE LOTION IN THE FUCKING BASKET

think 'on the road.'
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 15
Print
LPTJ | Last Plane Forums | Departure Lounge | Topic: Don't Blame Me, I Voted for Kodos! (Election 2008)
Jump to: