Home
Help
Search
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Sep 02, 2014, 12:58:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search: Advanced search
657942 Posts in 9260 Topics by 3396 Members Latest Member: - vlozan86 Most online today: 83 - most online ever: 494 (Jul 01, 2007, 02:59:53 PM)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 21
Print
Author Topic: annoyed thread, now w/100% less swears in the title  (Read 29408 times)
Andrew_TSKS

« on: Aug 25, 2007, 11:49:11 AM »

you know, so greg nog will be happy again.

I just want to be myself and I want you to love me for who I am.
Andrew_TSKS

« Reply #1 on: Aug 25, 2007, 12:03:21 PM »

you say that as if you're married to the church and you need to get a divorce. as far as i always knew, one's membership in a religion ended the second you realized that you didn't believe in its central tenets anymore. are things different in austria?

Yeah, that's not how things work here - everyone who is baptised is automatically a registered member of the church, unless they specifically take steps to leave it, which I haven't done yet because I am forever too lazy to do so (it's not even possible to do it in written form, and you have to dig up some old documents and bring them with you, and some people report that they even had to pay for the process, although others say that it's free and that you only have to pay if you get a confirmation document, which you do not necessarily need - in other words, it's a drag). That not only means showing up in statistics you might not actually want to be part of, but also that you are legally required to pay a certain percentage of your income to the church. Now, right now I am exempt from this because I'm a student, but they still keep bothering me with their silly demands (okay, okay, they might not do this so frequently if I wasn't also too lazy to send them confirmation of my continuing student-status), and anyway I should certainly do it before I graduate, because, y'know, I can think of better causes to donate to than the fucking catholic church.

edit: ah, sorry, I got the x-post notification, but I didn't read on to the last line before posting, so I didn't notice about the new thread.

that's ok, i'll just move your post to the new thread!

seriously, legally enforced tithing? that's mindblowing. i didn't know any european countries still had that. thank god (wamp wamp) for the good ol' american bill of rights.

alex

« Reply #2 on: Aug 25, 2007, 12:14:42 PM »

seriously, legally enforced tithing? that's mindblowing. i didn't know any european countries still had that.

Yeah, in fact, several countries do - in Austria, they send you a bill which you have to pay (if you fail to do so, the church can get a levy of execution), whereas in Germany, the amount is drawn off your income together with taxes before you even receive it in the first place. I'm pretty sure some Scandinavian countries have similar arrangements. It is indeed pretty backwards.

I had my mind blown by the fact that apparently the de-clawing of cats is common practice in America in the other thread, so that's the payback! Thank god for the good ol' European laws against animal cruelty.
slow west vultures

« Reply #3 on: Aug 25, 2007, 12:18:11 PM »

well i'll start out the new thread with a slightly less serious complaint.  so last night i'm all set to do some milk and cookie binging, and i bring out the box of what i thought to be graham crackers out to the couch.  i reach into the box, and instead of the familiar plastic wrapping, its one long bag full of graham cracker 'squares'  that are much smaller.  fair enough.  but i eat one, and these things don't taste anything like the normal graham crackers.  they're all burnt and cardboardy tasting.  it says on the box that these things are perfect for s'mores: why, because they already taste burnt?  seriously disappointed honey maid that you would pull the switcheroo on me like that.  it says 'limited edition' on the package, so maybe these things will go away shortly, but in the meantime i've got a box of nearly inedible 'cookies'.  

Ocean in view! O! The joy!
SPACERACE

« Reply #4 on: Aug 25, 2007, 12:47:44 PM »

terrible, terrible morning.

everything smells like puke.

Supplier of highest-quality synthetic duck butter
C of heartbreak

« Reply #5 on: Aug 25, 2007, 01:25:24 PM »

It's hot outside. I went outside to fix something on my car and burned my hand when I lifted the hood.

I'm leaving the south.

HOW WOULD I BE? WHAT WOULD I DO?
SPACERACE

« Reply #6 on: Aug 25, 2007, 02:09:50 PM »

update: tried to clean shit up, got most of the visible stuff, but the room still smells so strongly of vomit that i can't keep anything in my stomach. ran to the general store and got some cheap orange juice, it tasted like vomit. puked that up. just realized i broke the window screen in my midnight haste.

things aren't looking so great. whenever something nice happens, like me getting a good paycheck, something shitty happens to accompany.

C of heartbreak

« Reply #7 on: Aug 25, 2007, 02:21:58 PM »

Probably get out of the room.

Edit: also blow your nose and flush it out with water, it's probably full of vomit.

SPACERACE

« Reply #8 on: Aug 25, 2007, 02:25:01 PM »

no, nose is clean, it's just that the room is filled with cloth things which have kind of absorbed it, and can't neccessarily just be thrown into a washing machine.

also i kind of have to clean this up. and now replace this fucking screen.

auto-da-fey

« Reply #9 on: Aug 25, 2007, 02:42:55 PM »

Once when I shared a scuzzy basement with another dude and we were both almost catatonically depressed, he puked into the garbage basket, but neither of us had the ambition to clean it up for several days. It was pretty foul. Because we hated the wrestlers who lived on the main level, we would also piss into the drain in the laundry room rather than venture up to see them. In retrospect, it's easy to see why we both remained celibate for an entire year.
SPACERACE

« Reply #10 on: Aug 25, 2007, 02:44:58 PM »

yeah, i'm really not even sure what's going to happen with the big pile of vomit on the roof outside my window.

auto-da-fey

« Reply #11 on: Aug 25, 2007, 02:49:03 PM »

That last post was inspired by Reese. By the time I was done writing it, I had forgotten what drew me to the annoyed thread. But it was this:

I'm annoyed at the fact that, upon being dumped by the first person I was ever all-consumingly in love with just over seven years ago (coincidentally, the event that precipitated my moving into that basement and being depressed), I left all my David Bowie albums with her, under the impression that I would never be able to listen to them again (Hunky Dory having been our album, and myself having purchased a nice glittery Bowie shirt for her while I spent the summer in Colorado unaware of my own dumpedness). I was wrong: not only could I listen to them were they here, I just had an overwhelming urge to throw on The Man Who Sold the World or Lodger. I'm half inclined to send a follow-up email politely asking if I could have them back, or maybe even burned copies. Damn.
auto-da-fey

« Reply #12 on: Aug 25, 2007, 02:51:33 PM »

But re: vomit, yeah, that's a quandary. Once a friend and I puked a shitload on the cement steps leading up to his father's apartment late at night. It was mostly liquid, and the next morning it was gone (evaporated?), but it left a big stain on the steps that absolutely would not wash out. Since we were too embarrassed to admit we had hurled our way home, we explained that we had sat on the steps and spit a lot, which wasn't a very satisfying explanation.
C of heartbreak

« Reply #13 on: Aug 25, 2007, 02:54:46 PM »

That reminds me of the time I vomited all over Hampton University.

SPACERACE

« Reply #14 on: Aug 25, 2007, 03:59:49 PM »

alright, so close to finishing this cleanup i can't taste it.

SPACERACE

« Reply #15 on: Aug 25, 2007, 05:31:52 PM »

ok, we'll call it done. only 6.5 hours of cleaning, all told.

now i'm going to go commit genocide.

hannah

« Reply #16 on: Aug 26, 2007, 06:56:09 PM »

My back and shoulders are killing me.

We stand to lose way too much money from this move, especially if the sublet falls through, which it will.

I have a migraine going on five days now!
Greg Nog

« Reply #17 on: Aug 27, 2007, 12:29:01 PM »

you know, so greg nog will be happy again.

That's very sweet!  It makes me the opposite of annoyed!
Nick Ink

« Reply #18 on: Aug 27, 2007, 01:02:14 PM »

I kind of sliced into my finger, just below the nail, when folding up the devil's own piece of barbaric shit which masquerades as Grace's pushchair, and then I managed to cut two(!) other fingers playing frisbee on the beach.

But finger-issues aside, it was a really lovely day.

Seest thou what happens, Laurence, when thou firk’st a stranger ‘twixt the buttocks?!
Lucy

« Reply #19 on: Aug 27, 2007, 01:36:54 PM »

My back and shoulders are killing me.

We stand to lose way too much money from this move, especially if the sublet falls through, which it will.

I have a migraine going on five days now!

that sucks. my back and shoulders are horrid right now too. sorry i wasn't able to follow through with the meet-up the other day...i was fighting a migraine as well. but! you are coming to chicago and we can do it again for real!
nonotyet

« Reply #20 on: Aug 27, 2007, 03:21:15 PM »

I am hateful.
I just got lost in a neighborhood I have never been in before on the way to a "job interview" (ie apparently the only places that are ever going to call me are temp agencies and I should run away to Mexico and learn Spanish and live off my wits and also bananas) and it was raining and I didn't bring an umbrella and I was lost and wet and it rained for the entirety of last week and it is never going to stop raining and  I have peed more times today than is possible for human beings to pee and if I get one more place of employment rejection email/letter/phone call I do not know what I am going to do, really, but it will be DRASTIC. 
Andrew_TSKS

« Reply #21 on: Aug 27, 2007, 04:37:11 PM »

I have peed more times today than is possible for human beings to pee

hey, it could be worse--i do that pretty much every day.

nonotyet

« Reply #22 on: Aug 27, 2007, 04:46:02 PM »

Not when you are LOST and it is RAINING and the rain IS MAKING YOU HAVE TO PEE MORE and you have to feel bad about using FOUR PUBLIC BATHROOMS without PURCHASING OR USING ANYTHING, it couldn't

actually there are several ways it could be worse
« Last Edit: Aug 27, 2007, 04:50:35 PM by nonotyet » Logged
Andrew_TSKS

« Reply #23 on: Aug 27, 2007, 05:04:48 PM »

hah, i've been through very similar things several times. keep in mind, the medicine i'm on makes me have to pee about once every 30 minutes, and i've been on it for nearly 3 years.

El_Josharino

« Reply #24 on: Aug 27, 2007, 05:20:37 PM »

(ie apparently the only places that are ever going to call me are temp agencies and I should run away to Mexico and learn Spanish and live off my wits and also bananas)

This is a good idea, actually. They still have Crystal Clear Pepsi down there.

Hey sexy mama, wanna kill all humans?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 21
Print
LPTJ | Last Plane Forums | Departure Lounge | Topic: annoyed thread, now w/100% less swears in the title
Jump to: