Home
Help
Search
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Oct 25, 2014, 10:33:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search: Advanced search
658134 Posts in 9262 Topics by 3396 Members Latest Member: - vlozan86 Most online today: 51 - most online ever: 494 (Jul 01, 2007, 02:59:53 PM)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 21
Print
Author Topic: You're goddamn right I'm UNCERTAIN  (Read 74596 times)
girl

« Reply #50 on: Feb 14, 2008, 12:14:53 AM »

Jeepers, Whit.  Much Love

I'm hoping you've now gotten all of the bad things out of the way at least for the rest of the year. Good luck with your interview!

this is a story and you're not in it
girl

« Reply #51 on: Feb 14, 2008, 12:15:19 AM »

Also, luck to hannah for grad school!

this is a story and you're not in it
edison

« Reply #52 on: Feb 14, 2008, 03:37:19 AM »

Yes. Also, Whit, I really, really hope crappy shit stops happening to your lady and yourself now.
santaclaustral

« Reply #53 on: Feb 14, 2008, 07:16:04 AM »

Yes. Also, Whit, I really, really hope crappy shit stops happening to your lady and yourself now.

Yes, all of that, seriously.
Wally

« Reply #54 on: Feb 14, 2008, 08:17:25 AM »

Whit, I hiope things start improving quickly for you and yours.

Hannah, go get them killer. 

Thus begin the chronicles of the Self-Loathing Gay Commando.
hannah

« Reply #55 on: Feb 14, 2008, 11:10:06 AM »

Whit, take care. I'm thinking of you two.
heather marie

« Reply #56 on: Feb 14, 2008, 11:12:34 AM »

Hannah & Whit & everyone else who has posted in this thread: Heart
santaclaustral

« Reply #57 on: Feb 19, 2008, 07:46:50 AM »

I am in the middle of contacting some studios about recording an EP and, every time I say "would it be OK if we came to meet you and to have a look round the studio before deciding whether or not to book with you?", I feel really awkward and out of line. I have no idea why because, logically, it makes sense that if we're gonna hand over 1/3 of the cost of my dream accordion, we should at least see the place first. But, every time I ask, I feel awkward. Go figure. 

diesel_powered

« Reply #58 on: Feb 19, 2008, 09:41:22 AM »

Ask if you can sniff the mics. That'll take care of the initial awkwardness.

she had me at "let's make a sandwich"
diesel_powered

« Reply #59 on: Feb 25, 2008, 10:11:37 AM »

I'm uncertain, and I'll probably be all week as Friday is review day. This means I need to get my shit together. Also, I wanted to shoot a bunch of high def stuff, but the drive for the high def camera is broken. Sad

jebreject

« Reply #60 on: Feb 27, 2008, 01:07:24 AM »

I still haven't received my state tax return. I should probably call someone?

I'm not racist, I've got lots of black Facebook friends.
diesel_powered

« Reply #61 on: Feb 27, 2008, 01:28:25 AM »

A) Have you gotten your federal one yet?

B) How long ago did you file?

C) I dunno, usually those things take forever, don't they?

D)Not to tempt fate, but I've always wondered what would happen if I got audited. The whole thing seems funny until you start thinking about how hard it is to prove that you didn't make money.

das kranke Tier

« Reply #62 on: Feb 27, 2008, 02:50:48 AM »

Jesus Christ, Whit!  Call me if you've still got my number should you need anything or should there be anything I can do, man...

Compendious as hell
diesel_powered

« Reply #63 on: Feb 27, 2008, 02:56:49 AM »

And Jeezuz H Christ Whit, that's some shit. Hopefully the constant stream of bullshit will cease ASAFP. Thoughts, prayers, etc.

jebreject

« Reply #64 on: Feb 27, 2008, 11:20:30 AM »

A) Yes.

B) Three weeks ago.

C) Everyone else I know who filed around the same time as me got both their federal and state returns. C got hers on the same day, even.

D) Don't even joke about this.

dieblucasdie

« Reply #65 on: Feb 27, 2008, 09:19:30 PM »

Three weeks is not long enough to start worrying.

he was basically your only chance at making the world love you.
elpollodiablo

« Reply #66 on: Feb 27, 2008, 09:27:21 PM »

Over the past two weeks I've started eating like fresh veggies and fruit and very occasionally some smoked turkey or something, and I'm starting to feel a lot better and more energized and I'm walking and exercising a lot more and stopping myself after two beers (which really when you're a fat guy and operating on like 1500 calories a day will get you pretty twisted, son) but I live in mortal fear of like walking by a Chinese place or the smell of something frying and relapsing immediately but so far, so good!

think 'on the road.'
jebreject

« Reply #67 on: Feb 27, 2008, 10:14:23 PM »

I'ma call 'em anyway. I mean, it said 8-15 days for direct deposit. I mean, calling can't hurt.

jebreject

« Reply #68 on: Feb 27, 2008, 10:15:10 PM »

Over the past two weeks I've started eating like fresh veggies and fruit and very occasionally some smoked turkey or something, and I'm starting to feel a lot better and more energized and I'm walking and exercising a lot more and stopping myself after two beers (which really when you're a fat guy and operating on like 1500 calories a day will get you pretty twisted, son) but I live in mortal fear of like walking by a Chinese place or the smell of something frying and relapsing immediately but so far, so good!

Good for you, dude! Hopefully I will get on a similar path soon

das kranke Tier

« Reply #69 on: Feb 28, 2008, 02:11:42 AM »

I'm uncertain because I've been filled with all sorts of anxiety and dreadful feelings for the last couple of days...

I really hope I haven't offended or pissed off anyone on here, and if I have, I sincerely apologize.  Things have been strange lately.

Compendious as hell
santaclaustral

« Reply #70 on: Feb 28, 2008, 05:38:45 AM »

Much Love dkt - sourceless anxiety is the worst... hope it clears up soon.

Things have suddenly become extremely uncertain around here... I'm not worried, just very surprised and curious to see what happens next. This past week has been teh crazy.
Wally

« Reply #71 on: Feb 28, 2008, 08:46:57 AM »

Grace, now I'm going curious as to what's going on, hope it turns out to be fun and frolicks or as close to as possible.

Heart for Dennis. Look after your self matey.

As for my own uncertainty, it stems from New Years Eve, when the bf of a friend of mine told her that she either had to stop spending time with me, or he'd leave her. She did as he said, and I didn't have the time or energy to really kick up a fuss, so I left it all alone.

About half an hour ago she called me as I was leaving a seminar, and I got a ten minute distillation of her last 7 or 8 weeks. Basically, the boyfriend an aggressive, coke addled abusive half wit kinda of went of the rails. First by involiving them in a threesome with his best friend, and then getting incredibly insecure and jealous about the ammount of enjoyment my friend got with the best friend. He started to become more and more agressive, until one night a couple of weeks later she was around at his house with her kids upstairs asleep when he began to demand she brought him some more charlie, because he'd ran out of cash. She refused and he became violent, she sort of diffused the situation until the next morning when she ordered a taxi to go back to her mothers, when the taxi arrived the bf wouldn't let her leave, and then he said she could leave but the kids (not his) had to stay. This was pretty much the last straw for her, and found it in her to tell him they were finished and get out of the house with the kids.

Since then he's been turning up at her mother's house on a regular basis, and a week or so ago turned up in the middle of the night when my friend was "entertaining" a new friend. The ex-bf, went ballistic ended up smashing a hole in the kitchen wall. The new friend is a squadee and was able to get the ex-bf out of the house with minimal effort. That's pretty much the story, only the impression I got was that the squadee is the new bf and something of a hard case.

When the phone call ended we said we'd arrange to meet up for coffee or lunch over the next few days, my uncertainty stems from whether I really want to. I'm very fond of my friend and her kids, but she seems to go from one mentally or physically abusive dude to another, and whilst I shouldn't rush to judgement a hard case squadee could quite easily follow in this pattern. And I'm loathe to start dispelling wisdom and advice, given how useless it would be, both as advice given that I'm hardly an expert on healthy livng or relationship, and also because lets face it how likely is it that she'll listen. I'm also, no doubt a little pissed about her dismissing me in the manner she did in January, but I'm not really one for the whole bros before ho's nonsense, so I'm not that hung up with that.

In the end I'm doing my best to keep my life as steady and level as I can, and am uncertain as to whether getting involved in her life again will be conducive to that. Which kinda makes me a shitty friend, 'cause I should be trying to be there for her as that's probably what she needs.

Thus begin the chronicles of the Self-Loathing Gay Commando.
diesel_powered

« Reply #72 on: Feb 28, 2008, 11:20:28 AM »

I'ma call 'em anyway. I mean, it said 8-15 days for direct deposit. I mean, calling can't hurt.

Shocked What kind of government service is this?? I've never gotten a refund in less than a month.

Greg Nog

« Reply #73 on: Feb 28, 2008, 11:35:11 AM »

"charlie"? "squadee"?  What are these words I do not know?
DCDave

« Reply #74 on: Feb 28, 2008, 11:37:43 AM »

I had thought that charlie = horse = heroin.   Dunno what a squadee is.

But what the fuck do I know, I have a penis.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 21
Print
LPTJ | Archives | The Hangar | Topic: You're goddamn right I'm UNCERTAIN
Jump to: