Home
Help
Search
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Oct 25, 2014, 10:31:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search: Advanced search
658134 Posts in 9262 Topics by 3396 Members Latest Member: - vlozan86 Most online today: 51 - most online ever: 494 (Jul 01, 2007, 02:59:53 PM)
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 ... 21
Print
Author Topic: You're goddamn right I'm UNCERTAIN  (Read 74595 times)
andronicus

« Reply #325 on: Apr 22, 2008, 03:18:02 PM »

Shut up and enjoy the halls of power you fucking class traitor
I would probably enjoy it more if during all my spare hours I didn't have to read the packaging of items for these people, carry their expensive desks to their more expensive cars, and deal with their constant existential freakouts relating to the fact that the file folder they like no longer exists.  Christ.

At least I don't have to clean their toilets anymore. 
Andrew_TSKS

« Reply #326 on: Apr 22, 2008, 03:18:15 PM »

On-call doctor called me back, said there's nothing we can do, just watch for a rash.
Hey, go get naked and lie in the bathtub. 

this is never a bad suggestion.

I just want to be myself and I want you to love me for who I am.
elpollodiablo

« Reply #327 on: Apr 22, 2008, 03:20:22 PM »

Shut up and enjoy the halls of power you fucking class traitor
I would probably enjoy it more if during all my spare hours I didn't have to read the packaging of items for these people, carry their expensive desks to their more expensive cars, and deal with their constant existential freakouts relating to the fact that the file folder they like no longer exists.  Christ.

At least I don't have to clean their toilets anymore. 

Heh. Similarly I might enjoy the company of my classmates more if I didn't have to wait hand and foot on their entitled, idiotic yuppie parents.
Of course, compared to most of the students at UC, the yuppie larva here are like hobos and vagabonds, I'm sure.

think 'on the road.'
andronicus

« Reply #328 on: Apr 22, 2008, 03:22:19 PM »

Not necessarily richer, but certainly more upwardly-mobile, I would say would be the difference.
elpollodiablo

« Reply #329 on: Apr 22, 2008, 03:23:56 PM »

That's one of the reigning characteristics of the rich

think 'on the road.'
jebreject

« Reply #330 on: Apr 22, 2008, 03:28:52 PM »

On-call doctor called me back, said there's nothing we can do, just watch for a rash.
Hey, go get naked and lie in the bathtub. 

Our bathtub is so, so dirty. I guess I could go get naked and clean the bathtub.

Goddammit guys my house is seriously so disgusting. I think it's time to give up my refusal to clean until other people help out, since they clearly aren't going to.

I'm not racist, I've got lots of black Facebook friends.
elpollodiablo

« Reply #331 on: Apr 22, 2008, 03:32:30 PM »

I got an email from my landlord today blaming our poor housekeeping practices for his inability to rent the apartment. It really shocked me because we spent hours cleaning each time he said he was coming to show the apartment. I think perhaps he's just looking for someone to blame for the fact that he can't get $1250/qtr (the new, jacked up price) out of such a shabby place.

think 'on the road.'
andronicus

« Reply #332 on: Apr 22, 2008, 03:33:15 PM »

I will help for payment in beer.  I'm really an excellent cleaner. 
jebreject

« Reply #333 on: Apr 22, 2008, 03:37:34 PM »

IT'S A DEAL. How soon can you get here?

andronicus

« Reply #334 on: Apr 22, 2008, 03:41:42 PM »

You'll have to bear transport costs.  Also I have to be back by 4am tomorrow.

I can, however, provide my own cleaning supplies.
jebreject

« Reply #335 on: Apr 22, 2008, 03:44:21 PM »

If I give you A LOT of beer, will you do most of the work yourself because I am a fucking lazy ass?

Also, will drinking of said beer impede the cleaning process?

andronicus

« Reply #336 on: Apr 22, 2008, 03:50:29 PM »

I will do most all of the work myself anyway just because that's how I am.  Lots of beer would render me less resentful, however.

I think the last two times I've cleaned I've been drunk and it looks pretty good, so.
jebreject

« Reply #337 on: Apr 22, 2008, 04:00:22 PM »

Don't worry, I'll leave the whip in the closet, so long as you don't get too uppity.

G.C.R

« Reply #338 on: Apr 22, 2008, 08:42:41 PM »

You know, I think it would be really really fun to get drunk with friends and clean and crank the stereo real loud.
Though for cleaning I think it should be Martinis not beer possibly.

I think it's fair to assume we'll be inebriated and covered in bodily effluvia all weekend
jebreject

« Reply #339 on: Apr 23, 2008, 01:16:00 AM »

I drank gin tonight. About this I am very, very uncertain.

jebreject

« Reply #340 on: Apr 23, 2008, 01:16:20 AM »

PS still no rash as far as I can tell. I think I'm in the clear.

alex

« Reply #341 on: Apr 23, 2008, 06:50:19 AM »

Good to hear, Jeb.

I'm uncertain because I was just asked to teach a class that I think would be really, really fun to teach. It's also a class that my office roommate, who I like a lot (and whose contract here runs out just before that class starts, with indefinite plans for the future, but I know she is working on ways to continue working here, including some teaching options, none of which is definite at this point), taught in previous years. There's only one teaching slot for that class. Of course, it probably won't help her in any way if I turn down the offer, but still. I feel bad.
edison

« Reply #342 on: Apr 23, 2008, 08:02:20 AM »

Does she know you were offered the teaching job already?

Congratulations, too! What is the class about precisely?
alex

« Reply #343 on: Apr 23, 2008, 09:20:09 AM »

I doubt it. I forgot to ask when it was offered to me, too, so I'm not sure whether I should be the one telling her the news. She's not around today.

It's a class about sound technologies and cultural practice, for MA students. The "examination" is in the form of a radio documentary on a topic of their choice (related to the topic, obviously), based on some research of their own. I guess you kind of see why I don't want to say "no" to this?
edison

« Reply #344 on: Apr 23, 2008, 09:25:20 AM »

I certainly see, yes.

I guess it'll be OK as long as someone tells her about it openly and honestly and she doesn't learn it by accident later? I don't really know if it should be you or the person who offered you the job - but if you feel a bit uncomfortable about it, then by all means bring it up.
auto-da-fey

« Reply #345 on: Apr 25, 2008, 12:25:45 AM »

I think I finally broke my internet addiction. I'm barely even watching movies. Apparently abrupt transitions from barely-existing workweeks to crushing workloads will do that. But now I'm sitting in a hotel in Philadelphia, unable to sleep even though my plane for home leaves in eight hours, finding some really fun stuff on the internet--I especially liked the recent posts on Feministing about the Illinois College Republican who sent an inadvertently non-anonymous misogynist hatemail and then got his name published. Shit like that makes me remember why I enjoy squandering time online.

Also, I might get this job I was here to interview for. In which case I guess I'd have to move to Philadelphia. One of the things I like about my life is that I made an abrupt decision about eight years ago to lead a transient life, and I've adhered to that plan reasonably well. On the other hand, transience is a pain in the fucking ass. And I don't know about this place, though it was neat to go stroll Center City at 11pm and see people out walking--very un-L.A. But I like L.A. So, much to uncertainize about.
girl

« Reply #346 on: Apr 25, 2008, 12:30:39 AM »

Whit!

Phildadelphia is fun. You'd be on the correct coast and everything! No uncertainty as far as I can see.  Heart

this is a story and you're not in it
auto-da-fey

« Reply #347 on: Apr 25, 2008, 12:36:20 AM »

wait, doesn't this coast mostly alternate between snow and hot, humid summers? points for my coast there.

but yeah, i dunno, i probably won't get the damn thing anyway and will face another year of heavy commuting and no health insurance. but i do like living with my lady, after a year apart. so that's another factor to throw in to the uncertainty.
girl

« Reply #348 on: Apr 25, 2008, 12:41:50 AM »

*sigh* You always have to be the smartest person in the room, don't you? Fine. So Philadelphia does  get unbearably hot and humid in the summer. You would be far from G. and, truth be told, I've only been there once, and probably wouldn't see you if you moved there anyhow. . . I'm just glad to see you here. Good luck finding something permanent soon!

girl

« Reply #349 on: Apr 25, 2008, 12:44:00 AM »

Also, safe flight home!

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 ... 21
Print
LPTJ | Archives | The Hangar | Topic: You're goddamn right I'm UNCERTAIN
Jump to: