Home
Help
Search
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Jul 28, 2014, 06:33:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search: Advanced search
657793 Posts in 9259 Topics by 3396 Members Latest Member: - vlozan86 Most online today: 75 - most online ever: 494 (Jul 01, 2007, 02:59:53 PM)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 21
Print
Author Topic: Dodd/Kucinich 08': Election Blu-Galoo  (Read 75724 times)
elpollodiablo

« Reply #50 on: Feb 16, 2008, 10:42:43 AM »

To whom are you speaking?

think 'on the road.'
jebreject

« Reply #51 on: Feb 16, 2008, 11:17:22 AM »

Only four more days (including today) until I get to vote for Ron Paul

I'm not racist, I've got lots of black Facebook friends.
DCDave

« Reply #52 on: Feb 16, 2008, 11:30:03 AM »

To whom are you speaking?

It was just a general reminder for folks that are worried about Obama in PA/OH/TX

But what the fuck do I know, I have a penis.
FreddyKnuckles

« Reply #53 on: Feb 16, 2008, 11:38:48 AM »

So has the 'nuh uh you can't talk about that' defensive posturing about Bill's infidelity finally ready to come out now that republicans are setting their aim on dems instead of each other?

He put a cigar in an intern's pussy in the oval office.  Or more aptly, he put a cigar in her oval office.   Please please please vote for obama.

Quote from: Heathcote
I'm in with Greg Nog, IT'S FUCKING FAFFLE TIME!
YojimboMonkey

« Reply #54 on: Feb 16, 2008, 11:43:08 AM »

Dude I don't even know where the fuck you're coming from there.  I've done all kinds of things to all kinds of vaginas in my day and it doesn't keep me from being able to do my job.  My job isn't President of the United States but fuck, a) your sex life doesn't affect your job, and b) how the fuck is his sex life supposed to affect his wife's job 10 years later?

Anus-licking causes sepsis; if not given antibiotics within a half hour, they perish.
jebreject

« Reply #55 on: Feb 16, 2008, 11:45:14 AM »

Yeah, Freddy, isn't a bit early for you to be drinking like this?

I'm not racist, I've got lots of black Facebook friends.
Andrew_TSKS

« Reply #56 on: Feb 16, 2008, 12:03:04 PM »

clinton campaign rents mailing list to telemarketing company

Reports from Clinton's campaign show that on Dec. 3, it collected payment for renting out three mailing lists, the sale of which netted them $8,225.

It was an unusual transaction, according to Roger Craver, a liberal guru of the political direct-mail industry.

"As a general rule, a campaign will not let its donor list out into the markets until the campaign is over," he said. "This is the mother's milk of small-gift fundraising, and they use these lists frequently."

and not just any telemarketing company:

After Bill Clinton left the White House in January 2001, Gupta hired him as a consultant, a relationship that has continued. Clinton has been paid $3.3 million through 2007, in addition to receiving options on 100,000 shares of stock. A shareholder lawsuit against Gupta has been filed, saying that such payments benefited primarily Gupta, not his corporation, and that the corporation has improperly paid for homes, cars, and a yacht for Gupta.

I just want to be myself and I want you to love me for who I am.
Andrew_TSKS

« Reply #57 on: Feb 16, 2008, 01:13:19 PM »

something weird is going on with the new york democratic primary vote counts

Black voters are heavily represented in the 94th Election District in Harlem’s 70th Assembly District. Yet according to the unofficial results from the New York Democratic primary last week, not a single vote in the district was cast for Senator Barack Obama.

That anomaly was not unique. In fact, a review by The New York Times of the unofficial results reported on primary night found about 80 election districts among the city’s 6,106 where Mr. Obama supposedly did not receive even one vote, including cases where he ran a respectable race in a nearby district.

City election officials this week said that their formal review of the results, which will not be completed for weeks, had confirmed some major discrepancies between the vote totals reported publicly — and unofficially — on primary night and the actual tally on hundreds of voting machines across the city.

In the Harlem district, for instance, where the primary night returns suggested a 141 to 0 sweep by Senator Hillary Rodham Clinton, the vote now stands at 261 to 136. In an even more heavily black district in Brooklyn — where the vote on primary night was recorded as 118 to 0 for Mrs. Clinton — she now barely leads, 118 to 116.

probably not as a result of shenanigans, though:

“It looked like a lot of the numbers were wrong, probably the result of human error,” said Marcus Cederqvist, who was named executive director of the Board of Elections last month. He said such discrepancies between the unofficial and final count rarely affected the raw vote outcome because “they’re not usually that big.”

BUT this may effect delegate counts coming out of new york city, because the discrepancy is apparently that big.

elpollodiablo

« Reply #58 on: Feb 16, 2008, 01:40:59 PM »

So has the 'nuh uh you can't talk about that' defensive posturing about Bill's infidelity finally ready to come out now that republicans are setting their aim on dems instead of each other?

He put a cigar in an intern's pussy in the oval office.  Or more aptly, he put a cigar in her oval office.   Please please please vote for obama.

This is what years of dating republicans does to a person

think 'on the road.'
guanajuato

« Reply #59 on: Feb 16, 2008, 01:42:56 PM »

i wish dodd would put a cigar in kucinich's pussy.

we're celebrating your sprint anniversary!
Andrew_TSKS

« Reply #60 on: Feb 16, 2008, 02:26:50 PM »

i'm not going to say a thing to insult kucinich's virility. have you seen his wife? he must be doing something right.

SPACERACE

« Reply #61 on: Feb 16, 2008, 02:41:58 PM »

definitely no one talked about the lewinski affair enough. we should all talk about that.

in fact, i want to hear all about it on the news. lord knows they didn't do that enough.

someone should write, like, another report about it maybe.

then maybe we can ask all the republicans if they have had or are having affair. or not, because they're so upstanding it would be impossible for them to have an affair.

and yes, dennis kucinich's wife is a fucking sexy fox, and every time i see her next to her husband, i lose my words.
« Last Edit: Feb 16, 2008, 02:45:36 PM by SPACERACE » Logged

Supplier of highest-quality synthetic duck butter
diesel_powered

« Reply #62 on: Feb 16, 2008, 03:14:11 PM »

i'm not going to say a thing to insult kucinich's virility. have you seen his wife? he must be doing something right.

Yeah... making money.

HEY-O!

she had me at "let's make a sandwich"
Andrew_TSKS

« Reply #63 on: Feb 16, 2008, 03:20:38 PM »

took me a minute, but i got the joke.

diesel_powered

« Reply #64 on: Feb 16, 2008, 03:21:49 PM »

What's doubly silly is that I think she's independently wealthy.

she had me at "let's make a sandwich"
DCDave

« Reply #65 on: Feb 16, 2008, 03:22:26 PM »

I wish more Democrats were bothered that Clinton didn't take the opportunity to just say "Yeah, I did.  Also, it's my second term of my presidency, and it's none of your fucking business." Rather than, you know, LYING TO CONGRESS.

dieblucasdie

« Reply #66 on: Feb 16, 2008, 03:38:22 PM »

At the time I was, but it's pretty hard to care 10 years, a recession, a terrorist attack, and a war later, and FK is crazy if he thinks the vast majority of Americans don't feel the same way.

he was basically your only chance at making the world love you.
DCDave

« Reply #67 on: Feb 16, 2008, 03:53:08 PM »

Sure, but then there's Ann Coulter's minions and etc.

dieblucasdie

« Reply #68 on: Feb 16, 2008, 03:54:44 PM »

Also I don't know what the fuck FK is on about; no one's saying Bill's infidelities are off the table (though it's hard to see how anyone would find them relevant), just that it's absolute horseshit when people say things like, "Oh, Bill's just campaigning because Hillary's punishing him!  That ol' battleaxe! har har!"  

xpost with Dave:  1)  if we start worrying too much about them all is lost, 2)  they hate McCain anyway.

davy

« Reply #69 on: Feb 16, 2008, 04:08:47 PM »

update!

Quote from: reuters
Clinton's criticism came as a poll showed her trailing Obama in Texas by 6 percentage points. The American Research Group survey, which had a margin of error of 4 percentage points, showed Clinton with 42 percent support versus 48 percent for Obama.

The drummer IS the foundation, p3wn.
slow west vultures

« Reply #70 on: Feb 16, 2008, 06:16:34 PM »

clearly these pollers must be stopped.

Ocean in view! O! The joy!
slow west vultures

« Reply #71 on: Feb 16, 2008, 06:25:16 PM »

At the time I was, but it's pretty hard to care 10 years, a recession, a terrorist attack, and a war later, and FK is crazy if he thinks the vast majority of Americans don't feel the same way.

i don't think a good majority of americans have forgot - especially the republican christian conservative element of this country.

quote from my neighbor a couple of years ago when  we were talking about politics and what they thought of the kennedys and the politics of massachusetss.  they moved here four years ago, and one of the first things i noticed about them was that their suburban had a W sticker on it.  somehow we were talking about bill clinton and how that whole episode sickened them

"you're a history major.  you know reagan had so much respect for that office, that he never so much as loosened his tie"

i think a lot of americans are gonna shudder at the thought of slick willy being back in the white house, even if its in a first husband role.   

Ocean in view! O! The joy!
RavingLunatic

« Reply #72 on: Feb 16, 2008, 06:40:29 PM »

I don't walk lock-step with the party.  I have never understood why Hillary Clinton is well-respected in the party other than to be contrarian to Republicans who dislike her.  She is a Machiavellian politician and she is bad at it.  She has no authentic center.  She compromises.  She vascillates.  She offers a completely meaningless vision of the future.

I've never agreed more with DCDave.

I will meditate and then destroy you!
DCDave

« Reply #73 on: Feb 16, 2008, 06:41:05 PM »

From the Atlantic blogs, Obama the Wonk:

http://andrewsullivan.theatlantic.com/the_daily_dish/2008/02/obama-and-subst.html

dieblucasdie

« Reply #74 on: Feb 16, 2008, 06:43:39 PM »

i don't think a good majority of americans have forgot - especially the republican christian conservative element of this country.

quote from my neighbor a couple of years ago when  we were talking about politics and what they thought of the kennedys and the politics of massachusetss.  they moved here four years ago, and one of the first things i noticed about them was that their suburban had a W sticker on it.  somehow we were talking about bill clinton and how that whole episode sickened them

"you're a history major.  you know reagan had so much respect for that office, that he never so much as loosened his tie"

i think a lot of americans are gonna shudder at the thought of slick willy being back in the white house, even if its in a first husband role.   

Right but voters like him aren't up for grabs anyhow.  I just can't see Bill being a big issue in the general, particularly since McCain is the nominee.  If *anything* there'll be some code-talk about "dynasty" but that's about it.

Plus there are voters who feel sympathetic toward Hillary over the whole ordeal.  Talking about it might be red meat for the base, but it's a wash with swing voters.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 21
Print
LPTJ | Archives | The Hangar | Topic: Dodd/Kucinich 08': Election Blu-Galoo
Jump to: