Home
Help
Search
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Aug 28, 2014, 01:16:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search: Advanced search
657918 Posts in 9260 Topics by 3396 Members Latest Member: - vlozan86 Most online today: 44 - most online ever: 494 (Jul 01, 2007, 02:59:53 PM)
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20
Print
Author Topic: I'm fucking delighted. How about thee?  (Read 77771 times)
difficult

« Reply #350 on: Apr 15, 2008, 10:32:48 AM »

I think its just possible that my records might finally make it to wellington this week, after a long exile at Mr Killdozer's house(s).

Does this mean that KDSB will stop posting in the 'New Records "Bought" Today' thread now?

No. I'm pretty sure he actually paid for all those records... I hope he did...

Maybe they're just going to arrive as an empty box.....

oh, and you know, happy birthday Robert, young fellow

Your choke chain collars remind me of summer laughter
Wally

« Reply #351 on: Apr 15, 2008, 11:09:24 AM »

My student loan and paycheck check went into my bank account today, both far moe than I was expecting. Leaving me in with the tricky decision as to whether pay the next three months rent for both my place and Sophie's, and be damn careful with monies for the next few months, but then be able to be relatively comfortable over the summer. Or go the other way and be comfortable now and dirt poor in the summer. Either way it's a nice choice to have.

And, happy belated birthday bob! May this day contain less screaming and confusion then the day that directly followed your entry into this world.

edit: Not that the world was screaming and confused the day after your birth, at least not because of you. More that you, as one day old baby may not have settled entirely into your mortal skin.

Thus begin the chronicles of the Self-Loathing Gay Commando.
jebreject

« Reply #352 on: Apr 15, 2008, 11:55:50 AM »

Happy belated birthday, Bob. I gave the whole world a present in your honor.

I'm not racist, I've got lots of black Facebook friends.
Wally

« Reply #353 on: Apr 15, 2008, 11:59:29 AM »

Wipe your ass, jeb, just wipe your ass, flush the toilet and rub some soap into those hands.

Thus begin the chronicles of the Self-Loathing Gay Commando.
jebreject

« Reply #354 on: Apr 15, 2008, 12:25:17 PM »

Oh, that wasn't his present. That's yours.

elpollodiablo

« Reply #355 on: Apr 15, 2008, 12:57:28 PM »

These two clean cut kids with clipboards and t-shirts advertising different ministries just came up to this kid in the alcove I'm studying in and one of em said "Do you have a minute to answer a few questions about your faith?" and the kid they asked said, I shit you not, "Shove off, churchy."

think 'on the road.'
elpollodiablo

« Reply #356 on: Apr 15, 2008, 01:01:28 PM »

Wow, they were completely undeterred

"Let me ask you, on a scale of one to ten, how sure are you that you're going to heaven"

think 'on the road.'
C of heartbreak

« Reply #357 on: Apr 15, 2008, 01:04:12 PM »

People used to come up to me all the time when I sat on the grass studying.  I think they assumed that since I was sitting around by myself I was lonely and desperate for human/divine interaction. I wish I'd thought of "shove off, churchy."

HOW WOULD I BE? WHAT WOULD I DO?
elpollodiablo

« Reply #358 on: Apr 15, 2008, 01:04:38 PM »

Holy shit it turns out they're out repping for this new Ben Stein movie!

think 'on the road.'
ellaguru

« Reply #359 on: Apr 15, 2008, 01:07:48 PM »

Speaking of churchies, I don't know if this is a trend or not, but the last two times the Jehovah's Witnesses have knocked on my door, at least one of the pair was totally hot.

I also engaged in a rigorous study of philosophy and religion...but cheerfulness kept creeping in.
elpollodiablo

« Reply #360 on: Apr 15, 2008, 01:09:34 PM »

They figure you're less likely to be all "OFF MY PORCH, FREAKS" if you have a woody

think 'on the road.'
ellaguru

« Reply #361 on: Apr 15, 2008, 01:17:59 PM »

I'm certainly more likely to invite them in.

A friend of mine, a devoutly atheist philosophy college professor whose mother was a minister and whose wife is a devout Catholic (which is to say, a guy fairly well versed in that which he denies), likes to invite the Jehovah's Witnesses in to discuss the text until they make excuses and leave. Boring a zealot on their favourite topic is a victory I would dream not of, but if they keep sending the bible babes my way, I might be tempted to give it a try.

I also engaged in a rigorous study of philosophy and religion...but cheerfulness kept creeping in.
RoyBiggins

« Reply #362 on: Apr 15, 2008, 01:37:25 PM »

I did that once in high school.  Brought the JWs into the house and not just bored them, but made the two ladies leave and come back alter in the week with a man to talk to me while they sat dfferentially on either side of him.

What's doubly funny is, those same two ladies were in my neighborhodd a couple months ago whiel I was off work for lunch, and they remembered my name and career aspirations.  That was weird.

This year's Village Voice Jizz and Pap list had a whole lot of birds I'd never even heard of before.
Greg Nog

« Reply #363 on: Apr 15, 2008, 01:43:21 PM »

Speaking of churchies, I don't know if this is a trend or not, but the last two times the Jehovah's Witnesses have knocked on my door, at least one of the pair was totally hot.

Hey, that was the case with a recent pair at my apartment!  The less-hot one did all the talking.  They were friendly at not all pushy, though.  We chatted for maybe a minute or two, then they went away pleasantly.
Andrew_TSKS

« Reply #364 on: Apr 15, 2008, 03:51:43 PM »

Holy shit it turns out they're out repping for this new Ben Stein movie!

whoa, i hadn't heard of this at all. a documentary about how creationists are being systematically repressed? ben stein, i thought you were smart!

I just want to be myself and I want you to love me for who I am.
jebreject

« Reply #365 on: Apr 15, 2008, 04:08:59 PM »

You know he was a speechwriter for Nixon, right?

jebreject

« Reply #366 on: Apr 15, 2008, 04:14:08 PM »

And, AFAIK, the documentary isn't only about creationists being systematically repressed, it also posits the idea that belief in evolution is a necessary component of genocide.

Greg Nog

« Reply #367 on: Apr 15, 2008, 04:54:48 PM »

If you check out the movie's website, it makes science out to be this huge monolithic orthodoxy that the vital forces of "intelligent design" are bravely questioning.  It had me spitting in fury within the first ten seconds or so of seeing it.  I have no idea what Ben Stein is doing; I'd thought he was a smart dude who just had some weird political allegiances and moral flexibilities, but this movie has pretty much convinced me that he's wholly irredeemable.
Andrew_TSKS

« Reply #368 on: Apr 15, 2008, 04:58:46 PM »

yeah, i think greg and i are on the same page here.

and no, jeb, i had no idea he wrote speeches for nixon. i knew he was conservative, sure, but i didn't know he was THAT kind of conservative.

I just want to be myself and I want you to love me for who I am.
Greg Nog

« Reply #369 on: Apr 15, 2008, 05:34:39 PM »

The first big strike against him in my book was this op-ed he wrote defending Nixon.  In regards to Watergate, he was like, "Oh, so he lied.  Big deal, politicians lie all the time, that's cool."  It was one of the weirdest defenses of non-transparency I ever did see.
Killdozersnakeboy

« Reply #370 on: Apr 15, 2008, 06:17:56 PM »

I think its just possible that my records might finally make it to wellington this week, after a long exile at Mr Killdozer's house(s).

Does this mean that KDSB will stop posting in the 'New Records "Bought" Today' thread now?

I was quite surprised at the $$ a got for your records actually Diff. Thank god for Ebay. I've moved house by the way and will not be telling you where I now live.

"It's more easier to do it if you done it than what it is to explain it. Your middle part is all you move. There's a lot of 'em that does and no good about it"
Doctor Bob

« Reply #371 on: Apr 15, 2008, 06:37:50 PM »

I was quite surprised at the $$ a got for your records actually Diff. Thank god for Ebay. I've moved house by the way and will not be telling you where I now live.

G-d I'm good. But being right is cold comfort at such times.

I'm certainly more likely to invite them in.

A friend of mine, a devoutly atheist philosophy college professor whose mother was a minister and whose wife is a devout Catholic (which is to say, a guy fairly well versed in that which he denies), likes to invite the Jehovah's Witnesses in to discuss the text until they make excuses and leave. Boring a zealot on their favourite topic is a victory I would dream not of, but if they keep sending the bible babes my way, I might be tempted to give it a try.

Giving a whole new meaning to 'boring a zealot'.

(PS Thanks lads.)

Yowza. Things happen when you go outside!
jebreject

« Reply #372 on: Apr 15, 2008, 08:24:43 PM »

The first big strike against him in my book was this op-ed he wrote defending Nixon.  In regards to Watergate, he was like, "Oh, so he lied.  Big deal, politicians lie all the time, that's cool."  It was one of the weirdest defenses of non-transparency I ever did see.

Quote from: Ben Stein
Nixon was a peacemaker. He was a lying, conniving, covering-up peacemaker. He was not a lying, conniving drug addict like JFK, a lying, conniving war-starter like LBJ, a lying, conniving seducer like Clinton—a lying, conniving peacemaker.

Also he blames Mark Felt and Bob Woodward for the rise to power of the Khmer Rouge.

girl

« Reply #373 on: Apr 15, 2008, 09:26:02 PM »

Heart Happy Birthday, Doctor Bob!  Heart

this is a story and you're not in it
hannah

« Reply #374 on: Apr 15, 2008, 09:30:01 PM »

Birthday? What? Goodness! Happiness to you (and whatever brother you might have, I guess)!
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20
Print
LPTJ | Archives | The Hangar | Topic: I'm fucking delighted. How about thee?
Jump to: