Home
Help
Search
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Oct 24, 2014, 07:07:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search: Advanced search
658133 Posts in 9262 Topics by 3396 Members Latest Member: - vlozan86 Most online today: 61 - most online ever: 494 (Jul 01, 2007, 02:59:53 PM)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 20
Print
Author Topic: I'm fucking delighted. How about thee?  (Read 83389 times)
jebreject

« Reply #100 on: Mar 15, 2008, 11:30:02 PM »

How much was it?

I'm not racist, I've got lots of black Facebook friends.
ellaguru

« Reply #101 on: Mar 16, 2008, 01:47:12 AM »

How much was it?

$75 for the cheapest seat available + $15 for Ticketmaster to be willing to serve (I think there are two different service charges, I don't know how that works).

More expensive than it's worth to see a guy who can't sing, but I figured that in the end, this is one of those hundred dollars that was just going to end up going missing anyways.

I also engaged in a rigorous study of philosophy and religion...but cheerfulness kept creeping in.
Mike24

« Reply #102 on: Mar 16, 2008, 05:32:43 AM »

i got to ticketmaster way too late so all they had was standing room only for 95 plus fuckin 15 'convenience charge' so fuck if i'm gonna play $110 to stand in the friggin' back. 

but luckily, i have a plan B as he's playing in hamilton where the seats aren't as outrageously expensive. 

she doesn't like it too hot, she doesn't like it too cold, room temperature, room temperature
elpollodiablo

« Reply #103 on: Mar 16, 2008, 10:28:48 AM »

Wow man, that's crazy.

Not talkin shit, but I did come to the decision some years ago that I'm never again going to pay more than $25 to see any single act ever again. It's a pretty easy resolution to stick to what with $15 service charges and all.

think 'on the road.'
ellaguru

« Reply #104 on: Mar 16, 2008, 10:48:27 AM »

It is crazy and I agree with such a rule. However, I have a rule to only have general rules of thumb that admit of exceptions, and therefore would probably make exceptions to any under-$25 or similar rule anyway.

I also engaged in a rigorous study of philosophy and religion...but cheerfulness kept creeping in.
Wally

« Reply #105 on: Mar 16, 2008, 10:55:31 AM »

Tomorrow I have nothing planned. No work, no school, no jobs needing to be done, the assignments I've got to work on aren't due until after the easter break (in four weeks time), so for the first time in a quite a while I can spend 24 hours doing as little or as much as I want to. And on tueday I'm off to Bologna. Good times.

Thus begin the chronicles of the Self-Loathing Gay Commando.
elpollodiablo

« Reply #106 on: Mar 16, 2008, 10:58:25 AM »

That's sweet. I just have to get through Monday/Tues/Weds finals and write eight more pages of thesis to meet my quota and I'm in the same boat. Almost 14 days of sloth. I'm gonna read stuff I want to read!

think 'on the road.'
jebreject

« Reply #107 on: Mar 16, 2008, 11:38:59 AM »

I would pay up to a hundred dollars to see Leonard Cohen. I do not think this is true of any other artist, though. I mean, I've never seen Bob Dylan 'cause it's just too damn expensive, I won't go see Neil Young (and dudes, I'm a pretty big Neil Young fan). Honestly I don't really like paying more than 15 bucks for a show! But for LC, exceptions are made.

justinh

« Reply #108 on: Mar 16, 2008, 12:12:06 PM »

Yeah, for me, it really comes down to where the show is happening at.  I saw Bob Dylan in an arena and it left much to be desired (thankfully, my parents paid for that one).  Kirsten saw Dylan at a minor league baseball field with Willie Nelson, and I imagine that would be more worthwhile. 

So what I'm saying is that I wouldn't pay $100 to see LC at the Target Center, but I would probably pay $100 to see him at Edinburgh Castle (where he IS playing!). 

To wit, I just dropped $60 to see Nick Cave in Berlin, in what seems to be some kind of massive concrete circus big-top type thing.
Wally

« Reply #109 on: Mar 16, 2008, 04:40:41 PM »

Naturally, I decided to get on with the work I could have left to one side for another month. And the fact that it's an essay on Paul Gilroy, and I'm reading sentences like "Gilroy evokes the ‘Black Atlantic’ as countering both what he perceives to be cultural absolutism of black nationalism and closure of the western project" and then thinking about the character Gilroy in the Shield, who I'm guessing Andrew might remember was a half crazy drunk corrupt police officer who threatend to kidnap Mackey's children. Well, it makes the reading kind of amusing.

hannah

« Reply #110 on: Mar 16, 2008, 04:52:40 PM »

oh my...I may be getting 2/3rds tuition remission and a pretty big stipend...??? more as this develops, I certainly hope my hunch is not incorrect
heather marie

« Reply #111 on: Mar 16, 2008, 04:55:24 PM »

oh my...I may be getting 2/3rds tuition remission and a pretty big stipend...??? more as this develops, I certainly hope my hunch is not incorrect

woo! good luck to you, lady. you deserve it.
Wally

« Reply #112 on: Mar 16, 2008, 04:56:07 PM »

woo! good luck to you, lady. you deserve it.

Damn right! way to go hannah!

Ah_Pook

« Reply #113 on: Mar 18, 2008, 01:29:26 PM »

the natural gas company mailed me a check for $153 today. i called them and apparently its a refund for something from like 3 years ago where i overpaid them, and theyre just sending me a refund on it now.

its like me in the past is mailing money to me in the present, all "hey mark, its me mark. youre gonna need this!"

so anyway i like getting "free" money.

Blame it on the girls who know what to do
Blame it on the boys who keep hitting on you
Wally

« Reply #114 on: Mar 18, 2008, 05:29:10 PM »

I'm at Grace's in Bologna. Which is enough to make anyone happy. After a too long journey I'm fed and have just stepped out the shower. Strangely given that yesterday was my first day off in quite a while I am positively shattered, and will be dozing off to sleep sooner rather than later. Grace is at band practice getting ready for friday's show. This is going to be a sweet trip.

theothermike

« Reply #115 on: Mar 18, 2008, 10:02:07 PM »

Yeah, the wood rings are the bomb.

Three cheers for mahogany!
diesel_powered

« Reply #116 on: Mar 19, 2008, 12:18:22 AM »

A couple friends of mine just bought a house. Good for them!

she had me at "let's make a sandwich"
jebreject

« Reply #117 on: Mar 19, 2008, 01:23:00 AM »

Played an awesome show last night, sold a buncha CDs, made like 60 bucks. We played with an awesome band of youngsters from Nebraska called Yuppies. And hung out with them today and drank beers and watched Wonder Showzen. And then saw them again tonight, and they were even better than last night.

Also, we're going to be renting a practice space in the basement of this place, which is my favourite venue/art space in Milwaukee.

Little Sixes Little Nines

« Reply #118 on: Mar 19, 2008, 01:43:23 AM »

Cool, congratulations! Can you play shows there too?

i just sighed (my shitty tumblr)
jebreject

« Reply #119 on: Mar 19, 2008, 01:47:14 AM »

yeah, we've played there a few times and we've got a show coming up with ettrick (san francisco, sax-and-drums duo free jazz black metal noise exxxplosion) next month

El_Josharino

« Reply #120 on: Mar 20, 2008, 10:11:34 AM »

Played an awesome show last night, sold a buncha CDs, made like 60 bucks. We played with an awesome band of youngsters from Nebraska called Yuppies. And hung out with them today and drank beers and watched Wonder Showzen. And then saw them again tonight, and they were even better than last night.

Also, we're going to be renting a practice space in the basement of this place, which is my favourite venue/art space in Milwaukee.

Glad it went well! Those kids are doing some great stuff. They're involved in a couple other bands here as well, and they're consistently solid.

Hey sexy mama, wanna kill all humans?
Nick Ink

« Reply #121 on: Mar 20, 2008, 10:45:38 AM »

4 days off work for Easter now, a great feeling.   Smile
Tonight is poker night.  Cool
Tomorrow Mrs.Ink and I will be dining on the town as it's our 8th wedding anniversary.  Heart
Then, on Sunday, she and the girls are deserting me for a whole month and going off to Korea. What am I going to do!? Shocked

Seest thou what happens, Laurence, when thou firk’st a stranger ‘twixt the buttocks?!
RoyBiggins

« Reply #122 on: Mar 20, 2008, 10:51:56 AM »

Come have drinks with Chicago-Area LPTJers?  Cool

This year's Village Voice Jizz and Pap list had a whole lot of birds I'd never even heard of before.
Greg Nog

« Reply #123 on: Mar 20, 2008, 11:21:37 AM »

Build them a model airport out of wood, and surprise them when they get back!
silentsigh89

« Reply #124 on: Mar 20, 2008, 11:25:12 AM »

become a bird-watcher!!

I've got a nice new haircut and a really sweet boy who sends me nice messages throughout the day.

and and and I'm seeing the Gandalfs tonight. And seeing one of my closest friends who I haven't seen since January.

SPRING BREAK, ow ow! Happiness abounds.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 20
Print
LPTJ | Archives | The Hangar | Topic: I'm fucking delighted. How about thee?
Jump to: