Home
Help
Search
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Aug 23, 2014, 02:11:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search: Advanced search
657909 Posts in 9260 Topics by 3396 Members Latest Member: - vlozan86 Most online today: 68 - most online ever: 494 (Jul 01, 2007, 02:59:53 PM)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 21
Print
Author Topic: So I ate this food with my mouth the other day and hey listen to this:  (Read 88184 times)
elpollodiablo

« Reply #75 on: Mar 16, 2008, 11:01:31 PM »

Everything looks delicious but upon closer inspection the business part of the sandwich looks like something Winston Smith would choke down with some Victory gin

think 'on the road.'
heather marie

« Reply #76 on: Mar 16, 2008, 11:03:13 PM »

I have no idea what that means and I'm not sure if I want to?
diesel_powered

« Reply #77 on: Mar 16, 2008, 11:04:15 PM »

He's saying it looks like it was made in 1984.

I'd kick his ass if I were you.

she had me at "let's make a sandwich"
Little Sixes Little Nines

« Reply #78 on: Mar 17, 2008, 02:25:31 AM »

Haha, that's an interesting way of looking at it. "it looks like it's really old" instead of "it looks like dictatorship force-food"

i just sighed (my shitty tumblr)
diesel_powered

« Reply #79 on: Mar 17, 2008, 04:06:49 AM »

Personally, I am in full support of the aforementioned sandwich.

I'm not sure how I feel about the tofurkey, but I'll try anything twice.

G.C.R

« Reply #80 on: Mar 17, 2008, 08:50:11 PM »

Anh! I was super super hungry, having had nothing but beer and coffee for a full 24, so I made rice preparatory for beans and rice, and I got distracted and man, I burnt the shit out of that rice. So I had to eat toast and cereal and it was not exciting or satisfying, it just took off the hunger so that anything really good I eat now will not be quite so amazing. I'm peeved.

I think it's fair to assume we'll be inebriated and covered in bodily effluvia all weekend
diesel_powered

« Reply #81 on: Mar 17, 2008, 09:32:22 PM »

I picked up some Kashi oatmeal dark chocolate cookies and after I got over the vaguely agricultural taste (it's kind of like a grain silo,) they turned out to be pretty good. Not my favorite thing in the universe, but the dark chocolate is a nice touch. And they purport to be slightly healthy, or at least higher in fiber than cookies usually are.

jess

« Reply #82 on: Mar 17, 2008, 10:00:54 PM »

Yeah, those are pretty good. Then again, I kind of like that whole grain silo-esque flavor to breads and things.
davy

« Reply #83 on: Mar 17, 2008, 10:09:42 PM »

a $3 bottle of
fair trade wine
cheddar cheese lasagna
green olives from a jar
and brownies.

cream
cheese
brownies

with vanilla bean
ice cream.

top that, dylan thomas.

The drummer IS the foundation, p3wn.
diesel_powered

« Reply #84 on: Mar 17, 2008, 10:46:13 PM »

Yeah, those are pretty good. Then again, I kind of like that whole grain silo-esque flavor to breads and things.

I'm glad the flavor came across. I wasn't sure how to describe it without referencing dog food. It's not a bad flavor, but sometimes it can take some getting used to.

diesel_powered

« Reply #85 on: Mar 19, 2008, 01:41:29 AM »

I would just like to take this opportunity to mention that after a mere three days on the Josharino System For Life Awesomeness, I now find in my possession approximately 3 pounds of cooked turkey, 15-20 tiny rolls, two cups of mayo, and a similar amount of raspberry bruschetta mix. All acquired at no charge to me.

I'm hoping for free beer by next Monday.

Andrew_TSKS

« Reply #86 on: Mar 19, 2008, 02:53:11 AM »

wait, what's the system for life awesomeness? was there an official guide that i missed while i was in delaware?

I just want to be myself and I want you to love me for who I am.
Little Sixes Little Nines

« Reply #87 on: Mar 19, 2008, 04:03:56 AM »

What'd you do in Delaware?

i just sighed (my shitty tumblr)
Andrew_TSKS

« Reply #88 on: Mar 19, 2008, 11:59:09 AM »

oh, ha, it's really inappropriate to the actual topic of this thread, because i didn't do much eating of note, but i was in delaware to practice with a delaware based band i've joined. i'm playing bass in it. my friend sam, who i run a little tiny diy label with, is the singer/guitarist, his cousin plays a 12 string electric guitar, and the guitarist for count von count plays drums. none of us are very good at our instruments, but it doesn't matter because the songs sam writes are really easy to play. we have 7 so far; 6 originals and a really weird cover of the mary tyler moore show theme.

diesel_powered

« Reply #89 on: Mar 19, 2008, 06:40:42 PM »

wait, what's the system for life awesomeness? was there an official guide that i missed while i was in delaware?

I forget which thread it was in, but Josh was talking about all the free drinking he did at SXSW and I mentioned something about him showing me how to be awesome the Josharino way (free booze, almost free tacos, etc.) and it's just sort of gone on from there.

kadiekatRN

« Reply #90 on: Mar 19, 2008, 07:46:59 PM »

Davy, cream cheese brownies sound fantastic right now.

The boy and I just had Chili Tostadas courtesy of Cooking Light:
Red Peppers, Onions, jalapenos, chili powder, cumin, oregano, pinto beans, stewed tomatoes and hominy all stewed together.  Toasted corn tortillas underneath, cheese, lettuce, tomato, and sour cream on top.

Yum!

Tonight, perhaps we will tap into our peanut butter cup ice cream.

I love the day or two after grocery shopping.
diesel_powered

« Reply #91 on: Mar 19, 2008, 07:53:08 PM »

So I tried one of those energy shot things that seem to be so popular these days and wow. I am like speeding right now. Jeepers.

girl

« Reply #92 on: Mar 19, 2008, 08:09:18 PM »

we have 7 so far; 6 originals and a really weird cover of the mary tyler moore show theme.

I can't even describe how much this makes me smile.  That's such a great song. Husker Du's cover of it is one of my favorite things EVER!

this is a story and you're not in it
peacocks

« Reply #93 on: Mar 19, 2008, 09:32:52 PM »

my roommate and I are both vegetarians but she found this 15 bean soup that says it is chicken flavored but it has no chicken in it!  CRAZY.  it was yummy, but I think it is really weird that they can simulate the taste of chicken without using actual chicken parts.

INGREDIENTS: Contains 15 of these varieties: Northern, Pinto, Large Lima, Garbanzo, Baby Lima, Green Split Pea, Kidney, Cranberry Bean, Small White, Pink Bean, Small Red, Yellow Split Pea, Lentil, Navy, White Kidney, Black Bean.

SEASONING PACKET: Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Salt, Sugar, Maltodextrin, Spices and Spice Extractives, Soybean Oil, Citric Acid, Dehydrated Onion, Silicon Dioxide (Added less than 2% as an anti-caking agent).

dick-check your priviledge
heather marie

« Reply #94 on: Mar 19, 2008, 09:36:12 PM »

yeah, they have vegetarian chicken bouillon that has spices & hydrolized soy protein in it and it has a chicken-ish flavor. i'm still sort of amazed by it.
Andrew_TSKS

« Reply #95 on: Mar 19, 2008, 09:50:21 PM »

we have 7 so far; 6 originals and a really weird cover of the mary tyler moore show theme.

I can't even describe how much this makes me smile.  That's such a great song. Husker Du's cover of it is one of my favorite things EVER!

ours sounds nothing like that one. i have no idea if the notes we're playing bear any relation to those in the original version. all i'm sure of is that it's the same words.

girl

« Reply #96 on: Mar 19, 2008, 10:02:52 PM »

ours sounds nothing like that one. i have no idea if the notes we're playing bear any relation to those in the original version. all i'm sure of is that it's the same words.

Close enough!  Much Love

this is a story and you're not in it
jess

« Reply #97 on: Mar 19, 2008, 10:24:16 PM »

I just had multi-grain salmon sushi. Apparently my hippie/yuppie/health-food-eating preferences stop just after brown rice sushi (yummy!) and before it starts including little beans and seeds in there. It was ok, but just... kind of wrong. (This is also what happens when you go to Whole Foods hungry and tired.)
diesel_powered

« Reply #98 on: Mar 20, 2008, 12:16:03 AM »

Ooof. Much like all of the prepared food at Whole Foods, the sushi looks infinitely better than it tastes.

Actually, I've never had remotely edible grocery store sushi, multigrain or not.

jess

« Reply #99 on: Mar 20, 2008, 12:21:52 AM »

Actually, I've had decent luck with their other sushi, though I have to only buy what looks really good that day. Like I said, I rather like the brown rice ones, but I don't know that would be to everyone's taste. And the spicy tuna sucks, stick to the regular or the salmon. I mean, it's not amazing sushi, but for supermarket sushi, it's rather good and since I can buy it on my walk home from work, that makes it pretty tempting sometimes.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 21
Print
LPTJ | Archives | The Hangar | Topic: So I ate this food with my mouth the other day and hey listen to this:
Jump to: