Home
Help
Search
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Jul 25, 2014, 11:08:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search: Advanced search
657786 Posts in 9259 Topics by 3396 Members Latest Member: - vlozan86 Most online today: 68 - most online ever: 494 (Jul 01, 2007, 02:59:53 PM)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 21
Print
Author Topic: So I ate this food with my mouth the other day and hey listen to this:  (Read 85512 times)
Wally

« Reply #150 on: Mar 20, 2008, 04:27:08 PM »

I grow all my own food in the mud that appears between my toes.

Thus begin the chronicles of the Self-Loathing Gay Commando.
jebreject

« Reply #151 on: Mar 20, 2008, 07:41:04 PM »

We do pretty much all of our shopping at Pick 'N Save as well, with supplementing at the Riverwest Co-op (which I love supporting!) and Outpost (which I do not love so much, but C works there, and sometimes they have some pretty good deals, so whatever). I will not shop at Whole Foods, union busting motherfuckers that they are.

We usually spend I'd say 100-200 a month on groceries for the two of us. But we buy a lot of stupid stuff
« Last Edit: Mar 20, 2008, 07:50:21 PM by jebreject » Logged

I'm not racist, I've got lots of black Facebook friends.
slow west vultures

« Reply #152 on: Mar 20, 2008, 08:05:29 PM »

ate some german food last night at this german restaurant in central phoenix that we had read about it.  it was a nice place inside, and our waiter (who i think was indian, but he said he was from vienna originally) was very helpful.  ordered some sauerbraten, which was drenched in this creamy gravy/raisin sauce, and pretty tasty, but i couldn't really touch the sides - spaetzel, and red cabbage.  mostly just the meat and the bread were tasty.  i had their spaten oktoberfest beer, which was an amber style beer.  it didn't blow my mind, it was a little more watery than i expected.  i'll have to go back to try their other ones.  they're having a beer fest in two weeks that looks like it should be fun.  but mostly i'm kind of 'meh' on the food of my teutonic ancestors. 

Ocean in view! O! The joy!
jess

« Reply #153 on: Mar 20, 2008, 08:55:20 PM »

See I'd love to shop at a co-op, but the one near me is both more expensive than Whole Foods and has worse produce and a smaller selection of other products. So yeah, not going to happen. There's an awesome market for produce in the suburbs, but I have to drive to go there, and they're less good about carrying organic products (and dude, I live in MA, most of it isn't really local anyway, and none of it is this time of year). I do go to the farmer's markets though when they are going on (summer and fall) and when I can make it to them while they're open.
YojimboMonkey

« Reply #154 on: Mar 21, 2008, 03:02:26 PM »

Mutton biryani is awesome.  Samosas are awesome.  Garlic naan is awesome.

I guess basically what I'm saying is, food is awesome*

*some of you may already be aware of this fact

Anus-licking causes sepsis; if not given antibiotics within a half hour, they perish.
diesel_powered

« Reply #155 on: Mar 21, 2008, 03:16:18 PM »

I'm intrigued by your viewpoints and wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

she had me at "let's make a sandwich"
C of heartbreak

« Reply #156 on: Mar 21, 2008, 04:18:28 PM »

Specifically, food from the Indian subcontinent is pretty damn awesome.

HOW WOULD I BE? WHAT WOULD I DO?
Maaik

« Reply #157 on: Mar 21, 2008, 04:20:39 PM »

Fuck yeah it is!  Had me some deep fried spicy chicken wrapped in naan last week at this place around the corner from me and man o man was it ever tasty.

It also made my farts smell like the third circle of hell.

I need anne the man lessons
elpollodiablo

« Reply #158 on: Mar 21, 2008, 04:21:08 PM »

Mutton biryani is awesome.  Samosas are awesome.  Garlic naan is awesome.

I'm pretty sure I could subsist entirely on fresh red peppers and garlic nan

think 'on the road.'
C of heartbreak

« Reply #159 on: Mar 21, 2008, 04:23:57 PM »

On the subject of Indian/middle eastern food, my favorite Indian restaurant (which I think is actually Bengal--I guess it makes me a bad patron for not knowing) recently opened back up. Like a week before it closed a dude came with a gun and robbed the place, and I'm sure that contributed to the closing. But I drove by it the other day and it's open again! Their spinach was to fucking kill for. I can't wait to go back.

HOW WOULD I BE? WHAT WOULD I DO?
YojimboMonkey

« Reply #160 on: Mar 21, 2008, 10:57:27 PM »

Fuck yeah it is!  Had me some deep fried spicy chicken wrapped in naan last week at this place around the corner from me and man o man was it ever tasty.

It also made my farts smell like the third circle of hell.

Oh my fucking god dude, I just farted and I swear if I hadn't known it was mine I'd have thought it was a dog fart.  A GODDAMN DOG FART.  Have you ever smelled a dog fart?  Dude that ain't right

Anus-licking causes sepsis; if not given antibiotics within a half hour, they perish.
andronicus

« Reply #161 on: Mar 22, 2008, 11:03:54 AM »

In every pot luck at a mosque I've ever attended, the food is always supplied by the subcontinentals, and there emerges a strict hierarchy of food quality, in which Bangladeshis always fall in the bottom, and are assigned to bring pop and paper plates and the like.  This is the kind of thing that launches housewife wars, with their doctor husbands looking on inconsolably.
peacocks

« Reply #162 on: Mar 22, 2008, 10:00:01 PM »

I'm about to finish my second can of pringles in two days.  I didn't buy them!  my roommate got them for free and put them on the kitchen table.  WHY!

dick-check your priviledge
diesel_powered

« Reply #163 on: Mar 23, 2008, 05:24:31 PM »

So I can't say enough about how impressed I am with the little energy shots that have hit the market these days. I was at a local juice shop and picked up one of the ONGO hippy ones and I couldn't believe how well it worked. After that, I picked up a two pack of the 5 Hour Energy ones and I couldn't believe how well they worked. Like... mother's little helper well. Other than about the peak that lasts around 15-20 minutes and feels a bit too speedy to focus well, it does pretty much exactly what it says it does with my body's chemistry. 5-8 hours of sustained, non-jittery alertness with no sugar crash at the end. Apparently they're pretty much a big shot of B vitamins along with a touch of caffeine and some amino acids.

The only thing close to it that I've had are the teeny medicine bottles of Thai Red Bull that you can sometimes find at Asian markets and those don't last nearly as long. This is good news since I've pretty much worn out the caffeine pathways in my system and now I pretty much go from baseline to jittery and sick to my stomach.

diesel_powered

« Reply #164 on: Mar 23, 2008, 09:03:32 PM »

Okay, so adventures in turkey, pt. 2.

So I'm through the sliced part of the package and I come to the bone. I pull out my big sharp knife and clean all the meat off and throw it in the mini chopper with a dash of mayo, a couple sprinkles of hot pepper, and a squirt off BBQ sauce. I made a sandwich with it, but it could just as easily be piped into little puffs.

El_Josharino

« Reply #165 on: Mar 23, 2008, 10:52:45 PM »

Oh shit guys. Augustine family dinner at Grandma's. So much prime rib. So much green bean casserole. So many cheesy potatoes. So much strawberry shortcake. So much prime rib.

Hey sexy mama, wanna kill all humans?
girl

« Reply #166 on: Mar 23, 2008, 10:58:43 PM »

I'm sort of kicking myself for not taking pictures of Easter dinner at mom's. There was so much food. Ham, turkey, potatoes, asparagus, cauliflower, rolls, fruit salad, red wine, tiramisu cake, cookies and coffee. Plus, you know, good company.

this is a story and you're not in it
Antero

« Reply #167 on: Mar 24, 2008, 03:43:57 AM »

What should we do on a Saturday night?  Well, cook, I guess!

-Rosemary-rubbed sirloin with mushrooms, onions, peaches, and balsamic glaze, which somehow came out so fucking classy you have no idea.  Like, fancy restaurant critical success stuff.
-Mixed green salad with vinaigrette and reggianno parmesan
-Artisan-style sourdough bread (homemade) and goat cheese
-Rittenhouse rye whiskey sours and lots of Jameson on the rocks.

Finish with a couple of very nice beers at Jerry's Sandwiches, some more Jameson, and chocolate chip cookies (homemade).  Some girls are definitely more fun to hang out with than others.

Quote from: nonotyet
this has been OPINIONS IN CAPSLOCK
Daniel

« Reply #168 on: Mar 26, 2008, 04:28:21 AM »

Okay, so I had to have a quick dinner tonight, and looky here what I found at my friendly local grocery store.

This image has not been altered in any way. There is an aftertaste of beer to the soup but it is not alcoholic. To eat it is an experience that is both terrifying and exhilarating. Heinz must have extrapolated from beef and Guinness pie but it's not even approaching being as good as that. Except for the label of the can.
RoyBiggins

« Reply #169 on: Mar 27, 2008, 08:59:28 AM »

Guys!  You know what didn't get any less delicious when you became adults?  Fruity Pebbles.

This year's Village Voice Jizz and Pap list had a whole lot of birds I'd never even heard of before.
Maaik

« Reply #170 on: Mar 27, 2008, 09:02:58 AM »

Yeah--for pretty much the same reason, I've been trying to convince tMO that we should get kids toothpaste cos it pretty much does the same thing as adult toothpaste, except it tastes like bubblegum.

I need anne the man lessons
Greg Nog

« Reply #171 on: Mar 27, 2008, 10:27:31 AM »

Guys!  You know what didn't get any less delicious when you became adults?  Fruity Pebbles.

My roommate and I were just talking about our favorite sugary cereals last night!  He's working on a Cinnamon Toast Crunch commercial, and is hoping to snare a couple of free boxes of the cereal.

JW:  ...'cause you know, I think that's my favorite sugary cereal.

G:  Huh!  I didn't know that!  I think mine's a tie, between Oreo cereal and Fruity Pebbles.

JW:  OH GOD NO

G:  They're delicious!

JW:  NO!  I eat like half a bowl of that, and it feels like my mouth is getting chemical burn!

G:  (grins, nods head vigorously)  YES!

We also discussed the fact that it's a wicked tasty topping for vanilla soft-serve.
jess

« Reply #172 on: Mar 27, 2008, 10:31:46 AM »

Your roommate is totally right though. It's all about the Cinnamon Toast Crunch, mmmmm.

My favorite kind of sugary/kind of healthy cereal (we didn't have real sugary cereal in my house) though is Peanut Butter Puffins. Think Cap'n Crunch, but with much larger, less abrasive, slightly less greasy, peanut butter flavored pieces. I can't really see eating it as cereal, but it's an awesome snack.
Thermofusion

« Reply #173 on: Mar 27, 2008, 11:18:16 AM »

My fave adult sweet cereal is Target's Archer Farms Multigrain, which is surprisingly sugary and thus way addictive.

Fave kid's sweet cereal is a tie between Frosted Mini-Wheats and Count Chocula (from a cultural studies viewpoint, still the most ridiculous exponent of the '70s horror craze)

triple paisley minimum
Greg Nog

« Reply #174 on: Mar 27, 2008, 11:31:46 AM »

I think my favorite adult cereal is Cracklin' Oat Bran. 

Hey, lately I've been thinking about making my own granola.  If anyone has any good recipes, I'd be very grateful if you posted 'em in the Recipes thread.  Otherwise, I'll probably just use Abbie Hoffman's recipe that's in Steal This Book because ANARCHIST GRANOLA
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 21
Print
LPTJ | Archives | The Hangar | Topic: So I ate this food with my mouth the other day and hey listen to this:
Jump to: