Home
Help
Search
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Nov 01, 2014, 04:57:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search: Advanced search
658143 Posts in 9262 Topics by 3396 Members Latest Member: - vlozan86 Most online today: 54 - most online ever: 494 (Jul 01, 2007, 02:59:53 PM)
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 ... 21
Print
Author Topic: Reducing Our Dependence on Foreign Vitriol: new annoyed thread  (Read 82025 times)
jebreject

« Reply #275 on: Mar 27, 2008, 03:30:23 AM »

Or, if teeth are a pain in your ass, you're doing it wrong!

I'm not racist, I've got lots of black Facebook friends.
YojimboMonkey

« Reply #276 on: Mar 27, 2008, 08:05:40 AM »

goddammit it's going to snow AGAIN today?

Anus-licking causes sepsis; if not given antibiotics within a half hour, they perish.
alex

« Reply #277 on: Mar 27, 2008, 08:43:51 AM »

My absent-mindedness is reaching new heights once again. Today, after getting my bicycle from the  patio of our house and then locking the door again (like you do), I took the key and put it into my pockets without even realising it (like you don't, because my roommates also store their bicycles in the same patio, and we have only one key, which just always remains in the lock). So I returned home a couple of hours later to find a note on the door from one of the roommates, inquiring about the whereabouts of the key and pointing out that she was late now because she couldn't access her bicycle. I'm an awful roommate. I do have a cold that I can blame my forgetfulness on, but still, awful.

(Also, I'm afraid the 40 I lost yesterday haven't reappeared.)
YojimboMonkey

« Reply #278 on: Mar 27, 2008, 09:45:23 AM »

Mindy's relatives are sending around e-mails about some new movie coming out that has something to do with teaching "intelligent design" in schools.  And of course they're all over it, and the discussion has naturally turned to the shortcomings of science.  They are comparing the proponents of intelligent design to Copernicus, Galileo and Kepler, in that their "theories" are being rejected by the establishment.  And my mind is just fucking boggling.  I mean, wasn't it the religious establishment that rejected the heliocentric model of the solar system and persecuted its proponents?  Wasn't the main objection to the idea of elliptical orbits that god would never design something less than perfect, and circular orbits were more perfect?

Also they're talking about scientists destroying and hiding evidence that might contradict evolution (human footprints among dino footprints, bullet holes in million year old skulls, etc), and they're also talking about how it's been conclusively proved that the world is way younger than the millions of years required by evolution, and I'm just like, how about citing something?  Something other than the bible?  Which they never do since they're mostly preaching to the choir.  Of course if I called them on it they could probably come up with some fruitcake pseudoscientific shit published at a vanity press and I just can't even bother anymore.  In fact, one of Mindy's great uncles has published books at a vanity press, including (I believe) a "scientific" explanation of biblical events like the flood. 

I kicked up a fuss when they were forwarding fear-mongering anti-Obama crap and they backed down, but this is a subject I just know they won't back down on.  Still, I really want to ask them to show me what the FUCK kind of proof they're talking about.

Fucking hell

Anus-licking causes sepsis; if not given antibiotics within a half hour, they perish.
Greg Nog

« Reply #279 on: Mar 27, 2008, 11:46:21 AM »

Oh, fuck.  Is it "Expelled"?  I remember the marketing for that, trying to be all "We're showing what the scientific ESTABLISHMENT is too AFRAID to show.  We're REBELS!"
YojimboMonkey

« Reply #280 on: Mar 27, 2008, 11:48:53 AM »

yeah that's the one.  Her fucking family.  I mean, they're nice as hell like 90% of the time and then out of nowhere a stream of WTF just pours out their damn mouths.

I mean, these are the same fucking people who, every time it snows, say something along the lines of "Well that's 'global warming' for you!" with a big implied rolleyes.

Greg Nog

« Reply #281 on: Mar 27, 2008, 11:51:48 AM »

FUUUUCK that would drive me nuts.  I've gotten better at not letting things annoy me over the years, but creationists are still way up there on stupid shit that consistently gets under my skin.
jebreject

« Reply #282 on: Mar 27, 2008, 12:28:04 PM »

The problem is that these fucking fucks are just going to find this to be more fuel for their insidious little fire. No offense to Mindy and her fam, but these Fundamentalist motherfuckers are destroying the world.

Also we need to start teaching critical thinking in kindergarten.

Also why the fuck can't we just give these fucks Montana and Utah and let it end there

Go save someone else's soul you shiteating bible-fuckers.

YojimboMonkey

« Reply #283 on: Mar 27, 2008, 12:47:07 PM »

Dude you know I love my wife, and her family has been surprisingly nice to a heathen who knocked up their miracle baby (since Mindy's mom had had a ton of miscarriages and she was born 14 weeks premature and nobody thought she had much of a shot of surviving and they prayed and prayed and prayed and hey, she made it! they consider her their miracle baby and everyone in the family has this weird protective sort of proprietary feeling for her) out of wedlock.  Though I suppose it helps that I subsequently "made an honest woman of her."  But that shit drives me straight up a wall too.

jebreject

« Reply #284 on: Mar 27, 2008, 12:54:40 PM »

//
« Last Edit: Mar 27, 2008, 10:02:51 PM by jebreject » Logged

Greg Nog

« Reply #285 on: Mar 27, 2008, 12:54:54 PM »

Wait, since I assume miraculousness is hereditary, that means your kids are Miracle Vikings!

I request that Ian get "Miracle Viking" tattooed on his knuckles.
jebreject

« Reply #286 on: Mar 27, 2008, 12:56:14 PM »

Man, that kid has a lot of fingers

diesel_powered

« Reply #287 on: Mar 27, 2008, 12:57:42 PM »

That's why he's the miracle viking.

she had me at "let's make a sandwich"
FreddyKnuckles

« Reply #288 on: Mar 27, 2008, 02:09:39 PM »

My opponent's work product is so poor I don't even know where to start.  It's like when you're playing basketball against a really shitty team and you play down at their level and only beat them by like 10 points.  this is a heading, honest to god.  A HEADING.  Not even a typo in some random sentence:

"Appellees possesses a duty of care towards Defendants to secure the premises under the common law and the Municipal Code"

Quote from: Heathcote
I'm in with Greg Nog, IT'S FUCKING FAFFLE TIME!
Andrew_TSKS

« Reply #289 on: Mar 27, 2008, 03:11:34 PM »

Wait, you guys have a lurker friend too?  Awesome!  Who else has a lurker friend?

my friend brandon reads the board, though not consistently. sometimes i'll be talking about some thread or another on here, and he'll be all "yeah, i read that one, what's up with dcdave saying
  • ?" but sometimes i'll be like "did you see the thread on lptj about [y]" and he'll be like "no, i haven't actually been on there all week.""

I just want to be myself and I want you to love me for who I am.
Andrew_TSKS

« Reply #290 on: Mar 27, 2008, 03:19:09 PM »

I mean, these are the same fucking people who, every time it snows, say something along the lines of "Well that's 'global warming' for you!" with a big implied rolleyes.

i've done some reading on the subject after encountering extensive discussion of global warming in a science fiction novel. it turns out that, due to jet stream changes that global warming is already causing to some extent, we could experience phenomena that actually make the winters in temperate zones a lot colder than they already are, even though in this circumstance the overall temperature of the globe would have increased. the thing people like this don't understand is that it doesn't have to turn into a "we'll grow oranges in alaska" type scenario for global warming to have disastrous effects on the ecosystem that sustains our environment and makes our current standards of living possible. but i mean, i know i don't need to tell you this, nor would i necessarily advise using any of these arguments on your wife's relatives. i just got fired up for a second there.

Andrew_TSKS

« Reply #291 on: Mar 27, 2008, 03:20:45 PM »

Wait, you guys have a lurker friend too?  Awesome!  Who else has a lurker friend?

my friend brandon reads the board, though not consistently. sometimes i'll be talking about some thread or another on here, and he'll be all "yeah, i read that one, what's up with dcdave saying
  • ?" but sometimes i'll be like "did you see the thread on lptj about [y]" and he'll be like "no, i haven't actually been on there all week.""
holy shit, i just typed [ x ] (but without the spaces), and it came out like THAT. who knew?

Greg Nog

« Reply #292 on: Mar 27, 2008, 03:28:04 PM »

• I did not know.
  • You did not know.
  • He/she/it did not know.
Wally

« Reply #293 on: Mar 27, 2008, 03:58:53 PM »

• I am home.

Thus begin the chronicles of the Self-Loathing Gay Commando.
G.C.R

« Reply #294 on: Mar 27, 2008, 09:34:38 PM »

Sucks about your teeth Jeb! Hope your mouth is ok! When I had my wisdom teeth out all at once, which luckily is the most tooth pain I've had, chocolate milk became quite a good buddy! Have some chocolate milk. Actually, everyone have chocolate milk. Go on. Its worth it.

I think it's fair to assume we'll be inebriated and covered in bodily effluvia all weekend
peacocks

« Reply #295 on: Mar 27, 2008, 09:42:39 PM »

we could experience phenomena that actually make the winters in temperate zones a lot colder than they already are, even though in this circumstance the overall temperature of the globe would have increased.

yes, yes, yes!  thank you for putting this in words.  every time I try to explain it to these types of people (some in my family) I get all tied up because they are always on the defense and I get scared about confrontation.  It goes like this:
me: "actually, this could be evidence of global warming."
them: "that doesn't make sense, what are they teaching you at that school, stop listening to that liberal radio"
me: "um... it's, like... the earth and trends and stuff... thousands of years and... um... ok"

dick-check your priviledge
jebreject

« Reply #296 on: Mar 28, 2008, 01:05:15 AM »

this vicodin ain't doing shit

someone come pull all my teeth out plz

girl

« Reply #297 on: Mar 28, 2008, 01:11:17 AM »

I used to work for a dentist. I'm pretty sure I could pull teeth.

this is a story and you're not in it
Augo

« Reply #298 on: Mar 28, 2008, 01:23:57 AM »

My fucking breaks are broken and they won't release agh fuck fuck I hate vehicle repairs what happened to horses?

Gonococcus Bear pays a visit!
El_Josharino

« Reply #299 on: Mar 28, 2008, 04:13:53 AM »

Hey jebbers, are they setting you up for a root canal or what?

If they are, when you're in there, don't be scared to tell them it hurts. They'll keep shootin' you full of painkillers until it doesn't.

Hey sexy mama, wanna kill all humans?
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 ... 21
Print
LPTJ | Archives | The Hangar | Topic: Reducing Our Dependence on Foreign Vitriol: new annoyed thread
Jump to: