Home
Help
Search
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Nov 21, 2014, 06:57:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search: Advanced search
658203 Posts in 9262 Topics by 3396 Members Latest Member: - vlozan86 Most online today: 50 - most online ever: 494 (Jul 01, 2007, 02:59:53 PM)
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 ... 22
Print
Author Topic: Super Tuesday 2! Election primary 08  (Read 78691 times)
FreddyKnuckles

« Reply #300 on: Mar 10, 2008, 04:41:30 PM »

Why does the media insist upon taking each state primary in isolation?  Its kinda weird?

Quote from: Heathcote
I'm in with Greg Nog, IT'S FUCKING FAFFLE TIME!
elpollodiablo

« Reply #301 on: Mar 10, 2008, 04:43:38 PM »

You mean how they can seem to place such significance on a win even if said win doesn't affect the delegate count? I think it's just that they're perceived as symbolic victories, because looking at em that way makes the election narrative much more exciting when we're talking about these small, isolated primaries that don't mean a lot in the long run.

think 'on the road.'
Thermofusion

« Reply #302 on: Mar 10, 2008, 04:47:25 PM »

Re: Rove: "Special Contributor" Karl Rove has been all over Fox News lately, so this'll help make the segue from Fox's bludgeoning of McCain prior to the Romney drop-out go a little smoother. 

Re: Obama as Veep:

Obama Ridicules Notion of VP Spot

[Obama] told the audience that it made no sense for Clinton to suggest he is not ready to be president and then hint that she might hand him the job that could make him president at a moment's notice.

"If I'm not ready, how is it that you think I should be such a great vice president?" he said, as the crowd laughed and cheered loudly.

laffs.

triple paisley minimum
FreddyKnuckles

« Reply #303 on: Mar 10, 2008, 04:48:02 PM »

Well, its like "CLINTON WINS MOMENTUM SHIFTING GAAAAA"

elpollodiablo

« Reply #304 on: Mar 10, 2008, 04:49:01 PM »

Honestly I don't think it's because of an agenda. More just because the closer it is, the more reversal, the more 'thrilling' the coverage.

think 'on the road.'
dumbfish

« Reply #305 on: Mar 10, 2008, 04:52:17 PM »

Horseraces make better copy than discussions.

Love is awesome and has only Darko to fight for rebounds.
elpollodiablo

« Reply #306 on: Mar 10, 2008, 04:54:40 PM »

Exactly. And pithier.

think 'on the road.'
dieblucasdie

« Reply #307 on: Mar 10, 2008, 05:24:01 PM »

Ruh Roh, Dobson's backpedalling on the "I'll never support McCain" thing now too?  No es bueno.

he was basically your only chance at making the world love you.
Andrew_TSKS

« Reply #308 on: Mar 10, 2008, 06:27:54 PM »

Honestly I don't think it's because of an agenda. More just because the closer it is, the more reversal, the more 'thrilling' the coverage.

oh yeah, this is totally it. the news is a business like anything else, and coverage like this sells papers.

I just want to be myself and I want you to love me for who I am.
FreddyKnuckles

« Reply #309 on: Mar 10, 2008, 06:31:47 PM »

Exactly. And pithier.

I think pollo's really bill or lly.

Andrew_TSKS

« Reply #310 on: Mar 10, 2008, 06:37:16 PM »

he definitely watches that guy's show (and only for lolz), but i think that's the closest connection he has to him.

davy

« Reply #311 on: Mar 10, 2008, 07:12:23 PM »

obama's finally got the buzz back on his side today with his response to hillary's "dream ticket" idea:

1) i've won twice as many states, i've got more delegates, i've got more popular votes...how can the person in 2nd place offer 2nd prize to the person in 1st place?

and 2) bill clinton, in his first campaign, said the most important qualification for a running mate is the ability to immediately step in and lead the country should something happen to the president, even if it's their first week in office. but hillary has said obama isn't ready to lead the country. so either her critique of his qualifications is a front, or she's willing to make an irresponsible choice for a running mate just to win the presidency.

oops.

The drummer IS the foundation, p3wn.
alex

« Reply #312 on: Mar 10, 2008, 07:23:41 PM »

and 2) bill clinton, in his first campaign, said the most important qualification for a running mate is the ability to immediately step in and lead the country should something happen to the president, even if it's their first week in office. but hillary has said obama isn't ready to lead the country. so either her critique of his qualifications is a front, or she's willing to make an irresponsible choice for a running mate just to win the presidency.

oops.

Or she values different qualities in a running mate than her husband does. She might, gasp, have some opinions and ideas of her own!
elpollodiablo

« Reply #313 on: Mar 10, 2008, 07:44:33 PM »

No WAY. Obviously she's nothing more than a puppet for her husband! How else could she have made it this far?

Also knucks, who's lly?

think 'on the road.'
dieblucasdie

« Reply #314 on: Mar 10, 2008, 07:45:31 PM »

it took me a minute too.  I thought it was a bill/hillary reference, but

it's a pun on "Bill O'Reilly" and "O RLY?"

he was basically your only chance at making the world love you.
RavingLunatic

« Reply #315 on: Mar 10, 2008, 08:35:35 PM »

And yeah, it looks like a team ticket will never happen. Dave, milly, et al were right. And once again, it's too bad. They would be, as Bill said, just about unstoppable.

You really think so? I mean, some Democrats may vote for a black man or a woman, but to have them both on the same ticket? The combined ire of the closet racists and misogynists would be too much methinks. By the way, if Obama wins, as seems likely, does anybody have any idea who his VP might be? I'd like to see Edwards, but I don't know if that's a possibility or not.

I will meditate and then destroy you!
C of heartbreak

« Reply #316 on: Mar 10, 2008, 08:37:24 PM »

Edwards is definitely a possibility. Look back a couple pages, we talked about it and mentioned Edwards, Richardson, Clark, maybe some others. It's really not clear whom either will choose though.

HOW WOULD I BE? WHAT WOULD I DO?
elpollodiablo

« Reply #317 on: Mar 10, 2008, 08:38:17 PM »

And yeah, it looks like a team ticket will never happen. Dave, milly, et al were right. And once again, it's too bad. They would be, as Bill said, just about unstoppable.

You really think so? I mean, some Democrats may vote for a black man or a woman, but to have them both on the same ticket? The combined ire of the closet racists and misogynists would be too much methinks. By the way, if Obama wins, as seems likely, does anybody have any idea who his VP might be? I'd like to see Edwards, but I don't know if that's a possibility or not.

Yeah well you also think that politicians having more experience makes them less qualified to be politicians, sooo...

think 'on the road.'
RavingLunatic

« Reply #318 on: Mar 10, 2008, 08:42:28 PM »

Less qualified to do good things when they're in office. What does "being a politician" even mean?

elpollodiablo

« Reply #319 on: Mar 10, 2008, 08:43:43 PM »

Being elected to public office by registered voters

think 'on the road.'
RavingLunatic

« Reply #320 on: Mar 10, 2008, 08:44:53 PM »

Well, I don't necessarily consider skill in being elected a good quality.

elpollodiablo

« Reply #321 on: Mar 10, 2008, 08:46:31 PM »

Alright, whatever.

think 'on the road.'
FreddyKnuckles

« Reply #322 on: Mar 10, 2008, 09:56:33 PM »

yeah blucas nailed it.  Bill O'Reill --> O RLY?  And you are him.

Andrew_TSKS

« Reply #323 on: Mar 10, 2008, 10:08:42 PM »

oops.

Or she values different qualities in a running mate than her husband does. She might, gasp, have some opinions and ideas of her own!

i dunno, i think this critique is correct. the fact is that a person who is vice president should be ready to step in and lead the country should something happen to the president. so either obama's ready, as she's implying by picking him as a potential running mate, or he's not, which is what she says all the time on the campaign trail. leave bill clinton out of it and the criticism's still valid.

also, i don't think it's in any way sexist to say that hillary's trying to make people see her as bill part 2--she's running on the strength of his presidency, during which she was first lady. which is really weaksauce if you ask me, since she seems to want to invoke her autonomy from bill whenever anyone brings up anything he did that might not be seen in the most positive light now. but then, whenever anything he did is brought up in a positive light, she acts like she was just as involved in the decision as bill was. that shit sucks.

Andrew_TSKS

« Reply #324 on: Mar 10, 2008, 10:09:53 PM »

Well, I don't necessarily consider skill in being elected a good quality.

ryan, you realize that if they don't have skill in being elected, their skills in any and every other department are rendered moot, correct?

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 ... 22
Print
LPTJ | Archives | The Hangar | Topic: Super Tuesday 2! Election primary 08
Jump to: