Home
Help
Search
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Jul 30, 2014, 07:11:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search: Advanced search
657807 Posts in 9259 Topics by 3396 Members Latest Member: - vlozan86 Most online today: 68 - most online ever: 494 (Jul 01, 2007, 02:59:53 PM)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 22
Print
Author Topic: Super Tuesday 2! Election primary 08  (Read 68104 times)
Thermofusion

« Reply #100 on: Mar 05, 2008, 01:38:25 AM »

fine

still want a DA shirt though

triple paisley minimum
jebreject

« Reply #101 on: Mar 05, 2008, 01:46:19 AM »

k cool  Cool

so how about texas, huh? full of mutants and lucky strike

I'm not racist, I've got lots of black Facebook friends.
Andrew_TSKS

« Reply #102 on: Mar 05, 2008, 01:55:41 AM »

i thought the "i always want the cock" bit was pretty good, actually.

I just want to be myself and I want you to love me for who I am.
davy

« Reply #103 on: Mar 05, 2008, 02:04:14 AM »

i just feel the need to say:  john mccain looks like an idiot behind a podium. he is a terrible public speaker and has the weakest fake smile west of george w. bush.

i readily concede that he would be a presidential improvement over W, but not necessarily in regards to his public persona.

i'd be lying if i claimed that obama's enormous potential to become a--gasp!--presidential president wasn't a large part of his appeal.
« Last Edit: Mar 05, 2008, 02:06:06 AM by davy » Logged

The drummer IS the foundation, p3wn.
FreddyKnuckles

« Reply #104 on: Mar 05, 2008, 08:57:48 AM »

OB is going to take WY and Mississippi next week, padding his delegate lead, then lose by a close margin in Penn, regaining some ground for clintor,

next state with big number of delegates is NC.  Which I see Obama winning somewhere in the 5-10% range.    Then you've got Illinois, which obama will win by 1-5%, West Virginia is full of backwoods hicks, so who knows.   Then you got oregon, where obama will CRUSH, and then kentucky, which he'll probably either win or lose by a close margin

Basically, what I'm trying to say is that OB is going to gain some more ground this week in WY and Miss, and clinton's gonna take some back.  Then we're going to have wait a fucking months.  After Penn, everyone's gonna know that clinton can't pull it off, but she's gonna be sticking it out.  When Obama wins, he wins big, when she wins, she squeaks by.

Quote from: Heathcote
I'm in with Greg Nog, IT'S FUCKING FAFFLE TIME!
nonotyet

« Reply #105 on: Mar 05, 2008, 09:01:47 AM »

This is a bad bad day.
The most interesting thing I heard about the election results came from some dude they were interviewing on the radio in an Ohio exit poll:

"I don't trust Obama. I'm not prejudiced, I just don't trust him."

Why even mention it, Ohio exit poll dude?
Thermofusion

« Reply #106 on: Mar 05, 2008, 09:12:34 AM »

next state with big number of delegates is NC.

Speaking of, do any of the NC peeps know if us unaffiliated voters are shut out of the party primaries?  I can't find a straight answer on the board of elections website and nobody I've talked to seems to know. 

triple paisley minimum
YojimboMonkey

« Reply #107 on: Mar 05, 2008, 10:11:55 AM »

Well, there's the literal meaning of "douche", which is utterly irrelevant in this case.

Then there's the idiomatic "douche", which doesn't have anything to do with gender, and in my little world is interchangeable and synonymous with "asshole", which definitely doesn't have anything to do with gender.

still and all, you shoulda gone with asshole.

Okay, I retract douche on the grounds that everyone understand I meant it interchangably with asshole.

And since I think I called Romney a dick and McCain a cocksucker (while spewing other hyperbolic gutter profanities) in one of the previous threads, everyone please let the record state that sophomoric name-calling is simply my personal modus operandi for venting about politicians I don't like.

However if you had used the LPTJ-approved catchphrase "douchebad" you would have been gold.

This is a bad bad day.
The most interesting thing I heard about the election results came from some dude they were interviewing on the radio in an Ohio exit poll:

"I don't trust Obama. I'm not prejudiced, I just don't trust him."

Why even mention it, Ohio exit poll dude?

From the Sun-Times this morning:  "One fifth of white Ohio voters said race was an important issue in their vote, and those who did voted 3-to-1 for Clinton."

Anus-licking causes sepsis; if not given antibiotics within a half hour, they perish.
Wally

« Reply #108 on: Mar 05, 2008, 10:22:36 AM »

still and all, you shoulda gone with asshole.

In any political election you're forced to do this. It's just the size of the asshole that you take into consideration.

Thus begin the chronicles of the Self-Loathing Gay Commando.
elpollodiablo

« Reply #109 on: Mar 05, 2008, 10:24:28 AM »

I don't doubt in the slightest that race played a part in more than a few peoples' decisions. This is fucking Ohio, after all.

Anyway, cue you guys talking about how Obama's still got it locked, there's nothing HC can do, etc. Just like you were with TX for the past month. Smile

think 'on the road.'
elpollodiablo

« Reply #110 on: Mar 05, 2008, 10:27:58 AM »

What do you guys think about a shared ticket? Does Obama have it in him to accept VP? I know HC does.

think 'on the road.'
YojimboMonkey

« Reply #111 on: Mar 05, 2008, 10:35:33 AM »

I don't know, would Hilary really want him there?  I mean, what if the phone rang at 3am and he picked it up before she did?  THE FUCKING WORLD MIGHT END.

Anus-licking causes sepsis; if not given antibiotics within a half hour, they perish.
elpollodiablo

« Reply #112 on: Mar 05, 2008, 10:37:29 AM »

Well he (or we) is (are) the change we (or he) is seeking, so if she doesn't ticket up with him, she (we) could spend the next four years looking for ourselves (him and us). That would be a disaster!

think 'on the road.'
WhereTheSlimeLive

« Reply #113 on: Mar 05, 2008, 10:46:29 AM »

It's neat to see the map of Texas where the entire rural part of the state voted for Clinton.

I don't really care anymore, I'll support both of them.

Puddle Pants
elpollodiablo

« Reply #114 on: Mar 05, 2008, 10:49:36 AM »

The implication obviously being that rural areas are full of ignorant racist bumpkins who don't know what's good for em. Whereas urban areas are full of wealthy, educated progressives who are ready to ride this wave of Change on the surfboard of Hope all the way into the white sandy shores of Yeswecanistan.

think 'on the road.'
YojimboMonkey

« Reply #115 on: Mar 05, 2008, 10:54:41 AM »

Yeswecanistan.

So he DOES want to make this a muslim country!  EVERYBODY IN KANSAS WAS RIGHT

elpollodiablo

« Reply #116 on: Mar 05, 2008, 10:59:59 AM »

Dude, didn't you see the pictures of him in a turban?! That motherfucker's middle name is Muhammed Jihad al-Honkykiller for chrissakes!

think 'on the road.'
davy

« Reply #117 on: Mar 05, 2008, 11:00:55 AM »

hahaha

The drummer IS the foundation, p3wn.
Andrew_TSKS

« Reply #118 on: Mar 05, 2008, 11:42:51 AM »

What do you guys think about a shared ticket? Does Obama have it in him to accept VP? I know HC does.

well, hillary would need obama more than obama would need hillary, because hillary's got more of the backing from the type of democratic voters who will go for whoever wins the nomination without too much thought than obama does. and honestly, i would think that obama taking on hillary as running mate will depend on how authoritatively he wins the nomination. as it is right now, the climate for him to take on hillary as running mate is much more favorable than it was a couple weeks ago. if he's leading her pretty strongly, hillary could be an albatross in the eyes of the independents and repubs who are crossing lines to vote for him. however, if he barely pulls off the win, hillary will look more necessary in order to shore up the base of the party and keep things from splitting internally.

all of that said, i think he should pick bill richardson as his running mate if it comes to that.

hannah

« Reply #119 on: Mar 05, 2008, 11:50:08 AM »

Calling someone a "slimy douche" is like calling them a "shit-encrusted asshole" or saying, "Hey, dickhead, your ear is leaking smegma."

Oh, we're on page 5 now? I heard he's a suicide Obamer.
Andrew_TSKS

« Reply #120 on: Mar 05, 2008, 11:54:20 AM »

"shit-encrusted asshole" is an amazing insult. i'm gonna end up using that.

check this out, you guys, this is the weirdest thing i've seen yet.

http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2008/primaries/results/county/#TXDEMMAPprimary

there's a dark blue county at the top of the western panhandle over there. it went for obama. see it? point your mouse at it. you will see that, with 100% of precincts reporting, barack obama won loving county with 7 votes to hillary clinton's 5.

maybe i'm nuts, but that just blows my mind.

elpollodiablo

« Reply #121 on: Mar 05, 2008, 11:54:38 AM »

well, hillary would need obama more than obama would need hillary, because hillary's got more of the backing from the type of democratic voters who will go for whoever wins the nomination without too much thought than obama does. and honestly, i would think that obama taking on hillary as running mate will depend on how authoritatively he wins the nomination. as it is right now, the climate for him to take on hillary as running mate is much more favorable than it was a couple weeks ago. if he's leading her pretty strongly, hillary could be an albatross in the eyes of the independents and repubs who are crossing lines to vote for him. however, if he barely pulls off the win, hillary will look more necessary in order to shore up the base of the party and keep things from splitting internally.

all of that said, i think he should pick bill richardson as his running mate if it comes to that.

But he won't. It's been way too long since we've even heard Richardson's name. My gut says Edwards or HC, but HC if he's smart. Which is too bad. I like Edwards a great deal.

think 'on the road.'
C of heartbreak

« Reply #122 on: Mar 05, 2008, 11:55:02 AM »

"Hey, dickhead, your ear is leaking smegma."

Is there some kind of prize for this shit? Cause you deserve it hh.

HOW WOULD I BE? WHAT WOULD I DO?
Andrew_TSKS

« Reply #123 on: Mar 05, 2008, 11:57:25 AM »

word, i would LOVE it to be edwards. but the thing about vp picks is that it's not necessarily got to be someone in the public eye. barack obama has trouble with the hispanic vote--well, bill richardson is hispanic. he could help obama bring in the southwest, where he's had some trouble against clinton. it's a logical choice. edwards is really mostly strong in demographics that obama's also strong in. there's less of a net gain from picking edwards.

no, if it's not clinton, it oughtta be richardson.

C of heartbreak

« Reply #124 on: Mar 05, 2008, 11:59:22 AM »

Richardson will also probably get him farther with conservative moderates, even though he is arguably less conservative than Hillary. Also, Richardson has the executive experience that all the top three are lacking.

HOW WOULD I BE? WHAT WOULD I DO?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 22
Print
LPTJ | Archives | The Hangar | Topic: Super Tuesday 2! Election primary 08
Jump to: