Home
Help
Search
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Sep 01, 2014, 07:39:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search: Advanced search
657937 Posts in 9260 Topics by 3396 Members Latest Member: - vlozan86 Most online today: 79 - most online ever: 494 (Jul 01, 2007, 02:59:53 PM)
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22
Print
Author Topic: While greg nibbled on an unhealthy snack/tim roth what films have you watched?  (Read 104453 times)
Andrew_TSKS

« Reply #375 on: May 12, 2008, 05:37:33 PM »

he's sensual and mysterious and you can fix him?

i'm kidding.

I just want to be myself and I want you to love me for who I am.
citrus

« Reply #376 on: May 12, 2008, 05:43:42 PM »

he's sensual and mysterious and you can fix him?

i'm kidding.

nah i think it's more of a weird masochistic thing. probably also more of a mhc thing.

i give thee the first suggestion, the problem and indirection
jebreject

« Reply #377 on: May 12, 2008, 07:09:26 PM »

hey citrus, how YOU doing

also look at this closet full of severed legs i have

I'm not racist, I've got lots of black Facebook friends.
difficult

« Reply #378 on: May 12, 2008, 08:08:00 PM »

It's a walk in closet....
Wallk in, hop out....

Your choke chain collars remind me of summer laughter
citrus

« Reply #379 on: May 12, 2008, 09:54:15 PM »

i am so turned on

jebreject

« Reply #380 on: May 12, 2008, 10:57:19 PM »

care for a pickled cop's ear?

citrus

« Reply #381 on: May 12, 2008, 10:58:23 PM »

which ear?

DCDave

« Reply #382 on: May 12, 2008, 11:03:10 PM »

Saw Annie Hall at the AFI Silver Tonight.

But what the fuck do I know, I have a penis.
elpollodiablo

« Reply #383 on: May 12, 2008, 11:05:33 PM »

Damn man, I just looked at the listings for that theater. Sweet.

think 'on the road.'
jebreject

« Reply #384 on: May 12, 2008, 11:06:43 PM »

which ear?

Oh, there's an assortment

On-topic: I tried watching Iron Man tonight. I tried watching Forgetting Sarah Marshall. The realization I came to is that I am never again downloading movies I want to actually see and hear and experience

elpollodiablo

« Reply #385 on: May 12, 2008, 11:11:34 PM »

Well yeah, not if you're downloading cam versions. And especially not if you're downloading cam versions of special effects extravaganzas.

think 'on the road.'
DCDave

« Reply #386 on: May 12, 2008, 11:17:37 PM »

Damn man, I just looked at the listings for that theater. Sweet.

It's pretty nice - I need to become a member - My lady and I go on Mondays, there's a wine bar around the corner that has $6 bottles if you order a pizza.

elpollodiablo

« Reply #387 on: May 12, 2008, 11:19:53 PM »

My favorite theater around here is this one in Dayton called the Neon. They do middling-obscure indie stuff and throwback flicks and they have the best full bar I've ever seen inside a theater.

What are the benefits if you become a member there? Cheaper tickets?

think 'on the road.'
DCDave

« Reply #388 on: May 12, 2008, 11:33:17 PM »

Four free movie passes and $1.75 off per ticket for normal screenings as well as discounts and pre-purchase for SilverDocs as well as two tickets for AFI L.A. FilmFest.

auto-da-fey

« Reply #389 on: May 14, 2008, 02:01:07 PM »

I saw Speed Racer yesterday!  It was one of the most unpleasant films I have ever seen in my life, and I'm including in that assessment:

-  home videos of random strangers' vacations
-  The entire filmography of Jean-Luc Godard
-  BangBus

Yeah, but have you seen 88 Minutes? Al Pacino as a student-fucking superstar forensic psychiatrist (though his door says psychologist) running around with a bad tan and poofy hair for more than 88 minutes as hot young women try to bed him while he combats a serial killer by calling him live on MSNBC and shouting like a drunken assclown in order to "get under his skin"? As directorial genius Jon Avnet keeps trying to convince us that Vancouver is Seattle by using close-ups of "Seattle Fire Department" or "Police Department" notices on vehicles about twice per scene? Because it makes BangBus look like Godard. Or vice versa. I haven't had so much fun at a movie since the time I went over to some guy's house in Memphis to watch Ted Bundy and the guy tried to put the moves on me and I got creepy chills, but creepy chills that enhanced the film's effect. It is perhaps the worst film ever made, and God bless it for that.

Also I tried to explain this to my students in class yesterday, and they responded with blank stares, so maybe I'm just not communicating my enthusiasm effectively.
RoyBiggins

« Reply #390 on: May 14, 2008, 02:42:53 PM »

You got me. I'm renting that shit post haste.

This year's Village Voice Jizz and Pap list had a whole lot of birds I'd never even heard of before.
auto-da-fey

« Reply #391 on: May 14, 2008, 03:04:03 PM »

well, it's still in the $3 theater here, but considering that it came out in Europe a year or two ago, I imagine they'll quietly dump it onto DVD any day now. But yeah, do check it out, if only to see Pacino further demolish his legacy and Deborah Kara Unger really convey the immense sadness that once having had a promising career must bring.
auto-da-fey

« Reply #392 on: May 14, 2008, 03:05:03 PM »

if, I dunno, being in the Crash where people screw leg-wounds counts as a promising career. I thought it did at the time.
hannah

« Reply #393 on: May 14, 2008, 04:39:51 PM »

I saw Iron Man last night. What I liked: it was short; Robert Downey, Jr.; that it made Transformers look all the more like caca; the soundtrack. And speaking of leg-wounds, the Cronenberg-like fascination with the hole in Downey's chest -- just right for a penis and/or a fist! What I didn't like: it was Ayn Rand Lite, the US Government was an unequivocal good guy, etc.
elpollodiablo

« Reply #394 on: May 14, 2008, 04:43:35 PM »

What's the direction like? I've heard differing accounts of Favreau's abilities

think 'on the road.'
DCDave

« Reply #395 on: May 14, 2008, 07:25:43 PM »

I saw Iron Man last night. What I liked: it was short; Robert Downey, Jr.; that it made Transformers look all the more like caca; the soundtrack. And speaking of leg-wounds, the Cronenberg-like fascination with the hole in Downey's chest -- just right for a penis and/or a fist! What I didn't like: it was Ayn Rand Lite, the US Government was an unequivocal good guy, etc.

Man, I saw it more as a neo-conservative awakening to a world in which he realizes it's not that simple.  I don't know how you can say it was Randian as unfettered corporations are the greatest evil organization.  Sure, an industrialist saves the day, but only after he abandons the pursuit of profit.

hannah

« Reply #396 on: May 14, 2008, 08:11:30 PM »

I enjoyed myself so I'm not going to disagree that much or anything... but like you have Tony Stark who is a genius and a hero, and on the other hand you have bald Jeff Bridges who is a parasite with a considerably fuddy-duddier sounding name. The whole deal is that ONLY Tony Stark, our genius hero genius hero, could do all this, etc., etc. Also Homeland Security -- or SHIELD, whatever -- will do what's best for the U.S.A.! U.S.A! U.S.A.!

And to answer your question, Miles, well, Favreau is not as distinctive a stylist as Nolan or Raimi, if that's what you're asking, but he gets points for staging the fight scenes in a way that mostly makes sense and also really letting you see the Iron Man costume come together -- this is why I mentioned Transformers, because that shit was so fast and loud and incomprehensible. He also gets a lot of great acting from Downey (natch) and even Paltrow; alas, my fave Jeff Bridges gets stuck with some boring-ass dialogue so somehow he doesn't fare so well. Overall kind of forgettable -- which is to say, better than abrasive (see: Transformers), kinda half-assed (Spiderman 3), despicable (Sin City), and cluttered (Batman Begins).
DCDave

« Reply #397 on: May 14, 2008, 08:19:55 PM »

I will not stand by while you sully the good name of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Ignatius

« Reply #398 on: May 14, 2008, 08:28:27 PM »

Just wait til the next one comes out when ghostface has to fight emperor ming and his buckteeth and fingernails and unfettered consumption.  And his big dragon, too.  Then you'll all feel sorry for the day you were down on SHIELD.
DCDave

« Reply #399 on: May 14, 2008, 08:44:43 PM »

Fin Fang Foom has a posse.

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22
Print
LPTJ | Archives | The Hangar | Topic: While greg nibbled on an unhealthy snack/tim roth what films have you watched?
Jump to: