Home
Help
Search
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Sep 17, 2014, 07:39:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search: Advanced search
658004 Posts in 9261 Topics by 3396 Members Latest Member: - vlozan86 Most online today: 60 - most online ever: 494 (Jul 01, 2007, 02:59:53 PM)
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22
Print
Author Topic: While greg nibbled on an unhealthy snack/tim roth what films have you watched?  (Read 106077 times)
edison

« Reply #475 on: May 19, 2008, 02:34:31 PM »

I really like Jeff Garlin in Curb Your Enthusiasm and have been intrigued about that movie for a while. I remember Hannah saying it sucked, but now I'm intrigued again.
Andrew_TSKS

« Reply #476 on: May 19, 2008, 02:38:31 PM »

it wasn't perfect, but it certainly didn't suck, at all.

I just want to be myself and I want you to love me for who I am.
hannah

« Reply #477 on: May 19, 2008, 03:05:58 PM »

yeah, no, it sucked
coldforge

« Reply #478 on: May 19, 2008, 03:19:23 PM »

Hannah found it essentially imperialist, and its superficial revolutionary nature was a clear indicator of its actual co-optational paradigm.

l'era del terzo mondo.
hannah

« Reply #479 on: May 19, 2008, 03:25:48 PM »

hmm, naw, I mean, perhaps, but, yeah, it was lame-o
diesel_powered

« Reply #480 on: May 20, 2008, 09:34:37 PM »

Continuing my vacation foray into the world of more recent action, tonight's feature is The Bourne Identity. I skipped this one and it's subsequent sequels the first time around and after seeing each of them in various parts on television, I figured it was time to actually sit down and watch this one. As quick as I usually am to dismiss such Clancyesque action flicks, this one stands up pretty well. Matt Damon has his endearingly nerdy thing going on (used to greater effect in the Ocean's franchise) and that plays well with his character's able-bodied confusion.

Plus, Franka Potente is like, way hot. And a more than capable action star in her own right.

she had me at "let's make a sandwich"
auto-da-fey

« Reply #481 on: May 20, 2008, 11:05:22 PM »

Being the kind of person I am, I worried that I'd spend the first hour of Lust, Caution twiddling my thumbs and waiting for the sexxin' to begin. Not the case--from the opening scene (easily the most riveting game of mahjong in cinema history), I was totally immersed. Ang Lee has this Alan Parker thing going, where he's not my favorite director but I love the sheer variety and unpredictability of his output. While this one could be reduced to his combined Last Notorious Tango in Shanghai were one to be a hater, I was certainly taken in by it to the point that I didn't mind. That climactic scene in the jewelry shop had my stomach in knots.
YojimboMonkey

« Reply #482 on: May 20, 2008, 11:50:09 PM »

jesus I just got done watching The Happiness of the Katakuris, what the fuck is up with this goddamn movie?  According to Wikipedia, "The film is a surreal horror-comedy in the farce tradition, which includes claymation sequences, musical and dance numbers, a karaoke-style sing-along scene, dream sequences and Hitchcockian symbolism."  That sentence makes a whole lot more goddamn sense than the movie does though. 

Anus-licking causes sepsis; if not given antibiotics within a half hour, they perish.
jebreject

« Reply #483 on: May 21, 2008, 12:05:21 AM »

holy shit i thought that movie ruled

I'm not racist, I've got lots of black Facebook friends.
YojimboMonkey

« Reply #484 on: May 21, 2008, 12:08:05 AM »

I think you might be strange in the head

Anus-licking causes sepsis; if not given antibiotics within a half hour, they perish.
jebreject

« Reply #485 on: May 21, 2008, 08:07:10 AM »

well, yeah

but still

I'm not racist, I've got lots of black Facebook friends.
guanajuato

« Reply #486 on: May 21, 2008, 11:37:38 PM »

indie. tomorrow!

we're celebrating your sprint anniversary!
elpollodiablo

« Reply #487 on: May 21, 2008, 11:44:29 PM »

So we tried to watch Walk Hard today

Someday I will see a Judd Apatow film that is somewhat good. Today was not that day.

think 'on the road.'
guanajuato

« Reply #488 on: May 21, 2008, 11:51:02 PM »

superbad was delicious, and so was knocked up. what recent comedy blows those movies away? what are you measuring these movies against?

elpollodiablo

« Reply #489 on: May 21, 2008, 11:53:15 PM »

Good films

Superbad was alright but Knocked Up was seriously some ho hum bullshit. Walk Hard was viciously unfunny, which is pretty hard to do when you've got John C Reilly and like Tim Meadows hanging around.

The Ladies Man movie was funnier than any Judd Apatow film I've ever seen

think 'on the road.'
guanajuato

« Reply #490 on: May 22, 2008, 12:00:11 AM »

i've not seen the ladies man so maybe it is. but i'm glad you did not name some ripe woody allen film.

elpollodiablo

« Reply #491 on: May 22, 2008, 12:02:20 AM »

The Ladies Man movie is genuinely hilarious in a lot of spots, mostly because T Meadows is the motherfucking man

"We gonna have to take your car baby because mine uh does not exist"

think 'on the road.'
moloko_plus

« Reply #492 on: May 22, 2008, 12:06:52 AM »

I have to admit, while the Ladies Man is no Pootie Tang, it's pretty much alright in my book.

murdered by pirates is good
guanajuato

« Reply #493 on: May 22, 2008, 12:10:34 AM »

when anything is compared to pootie tang, i flee!!!

moloko_plus

« Reply #494 on: May 22, 2008, 12:16:07 AM »

poote tang will get you in the end, friend.

guanajuato

« Reply #495 on: May 22, 2008, 12:21:42 AM »

not if i spend my life burying pootie tang vhs tapes and laserdiscs in a landfill, it won't.

G.C.R

« Reply #496 on: May 22, 2008, 12:22:39 AM »

jesus I just got done watching The Happiness of the Katakuris, what the fuck is up with this goddamn movie?  According to Wikipedia, "The film is a surreal horror-comedy in the farce tradition, which includes claymation sequences, musical and dance numbers, a karaoke-style sing-along scene, dream sequences and Hitchcockian symbolism."  That sentence makes a whole lot more goddamn sense than the movie does though. 
holy shit i thought that movie ruled

That movie was ALL FUCKING SORTS of awesome. There are Musical Numbers With Dancing Zombies. Do I need to say more. Do I. There is no question mark because no I do not need to say more, if dancing zombies dont make you want to see it then, well, theres no way to finish that sentence. You should see it.

Also, I say everyone should bug Campbell to make sure Little Bits of Light finds its way to a distributor with a quickness. Petition him constantly!

I think it's fair to assume we'll be inebriated and covered in bodily effluvia all weekend
moloko_plus

« Reply #497 on: May 22, 2008, 12:34:33 AM »

not if i spend my life burying pootie tang vhs tapes and laserdiscs in a landfill, it won't.
if you do this, you can look forward to an eternity in hell being whipped by pootie's magic belt.

Wally

« Reply #498 on: May 22, 2008, 06:08:23 AM »

Also, I say everyone should bug Campbell to make sure Little Bits of Light finds its way to a distributor with a quickness. Petition him constantly!

Campbell, get little bits of light to a distributor, because some of us have been wanting to see it for quite some time.

Thus begin the chronicles of the Self-Loathing Gay Commando.
Black Amnesia of Heaven

« Reply #499 on: May 22, 2008, 06:22:36 AM »

The new Indiana Jones film is boring.

I really should explain myself but I can't really organize my thoughts well at the moment, as it's 3 a.m. and my eyes hurt, but let's just say it's my least favorite of the four, given that:

1. Raiders is the movie, and will never be matched, yeah.
2. Last Crusade = Raiders redux with Sean Connery, which I personally find awesome, but others find not awesome.
3. Temple of Doom had enough high points to make its low points (Kate Capshaw, racism) bearable, however grating.  It's also really pulpy, and that sort of quality fills me with unconditional forgiveness.

But this one just mediocred its way throughout.  I dunno, I'll add to this tomorrow.

EDIT: The A.V. Club review is accurate, especially in its description of the plot seeming like "an overstuffed amalgam of rejected drafts."  I have a feeling a lot of people will tell me, "It was fun!  WHY CAN'T YOU HAVE ANY FUN?" but honestly I tried, and I was just damn bored.  Nothing in the plot even attempted to grab my attention, and yes, Harrison Ford as Indiana Jones will never get old, will never stop being badass, and yes, that badassery could almost hold up an entire movie.  But just almost.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2008, 06:42:37 AM by Black Amnesia of Heaven » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22
Print
LPTJ | Archives | The Hangar | Topic: While greg nibbled on an unhealthy snack/tim roth what films have you watched?
Jump to: