Home
Help
Search
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Sep 03, 2014, 03:17:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search: Advanced search
657943 Posts in 9260 Topics by 3396 Members Latest Member: - vlozan86 Most online today: 68 - most online ever: 494 (Jul 01, 2007, 02:59:53 PM)
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 [20]
Print
Author Topic: The Consolidated "Slate Is Stupid" Thread  (Read 32658 times)
G.C.R

« Reply #475 on: Mar 27, 2012, 12:06:30 AM »

I will make a fuzz about who likes what

I think it's fair to assume we'll be inebriated and covered in bodily effluvia all weekend
mountmccabe

« Reply #476 on: Mar 27, 2012, 08:09:00 AM »

I like yellow elephant friend with the eyes all over the best as I appreciate the carefree optimism though I will admit polka-dot friend seems to have a good story, an authentic "I will stick up for myself" vibe.

You know a pancake?
Ignatius

« Reply #477 on: Mar 27, 2012, 12:36:06 PM »

I think they all have significant birth defects and I'd be surprised if they lived to see their teenage years.
Anne the Man

« Reply #478 on: Mar 29, 2012, 07:09:36 AM »

Dinosaur friend looks like it's got a styly beret and going "zut alors!"

Hey jerks, mind if I watch you jerks do your jerk-bending?
hannah

« Reply #479 on: Apr 30, 2012, 06:26:58 PM »

Oh, Prudence, you make me feel terrible about myself:

Q. Dressing for a Man: I have always been a tomboy and only really put a lot of attention to my appearance on special occasions. My job is casual and I must look nice, but there is no reason to get all dressed up. Last week my boyfriend of nine months and I were shopping for some new work clothes for him because he recently got a promotion. As we were shopping, numerous times he either pointed out or tried to get me to try on some more feminine clothing. I finally asked if there was something he wanted to tell me. He said that he wished I put a bit more effort into my appearance and offered to pay for new clothes or some makeup and makeup application lessons. I was floored. We have known each other for years and this is always how I dressed. He told me that it isn't just him who thinks this, but he thinks it might eventually impede job prospects. I am really torn about this. I've never been a girly-girl and my job really does not require anything special. Should I change this about myself because he wants me to?

A: I work at home, so day in day out my outfit consists of casual pants, a T-shirt, and zip sweat shirt. It's my look, but at least I know I look like crap. (I also have a teenage daughter to remind me.) But you are a young professional. The adage for people in your position is, "Dress for the job you want." But you're saying to everyone, "I'm the casual tomboy who's not going anywhere." It sounds as if your boyfriend and friends have been thinking of submitting your name to What Not To Wear. But before Stacy London gets a hold of you, realize that doing the most with what you have is not selling yourself out. Go to a department store, get a personal shopper and give her a budget. Get a makeup application at the cosmetics counter and buy some basics. Marie Claire magazine has regular features on dressing for the job. I promise you that making yourself as attractive as possible will result in some pleasant rewards.

Q. Re: Dressing for a Man: Prudie, as a tomboy myself I agree with your advice to have the O.P. consider actually getting some makeup application lessons from those department-store counters (maybe personal shopper help? Lord and Taylor offers them free in some locations) if only to help her realize how putting an effort into her appearance will actually help in her career. (It helped me in mine.) HOWEVER, the big issue here is the fact that her boyfriend is TELLING her to start wearing makeup and dress differently. For me, that would be a bit of a red flag. Although I know that dressing a certain way will help me at work, I still would much rather date someone who loves me best when I look most like “myself” in my everyday life.

A: But she always looks like her unadorned self. I don't think there's anything wrong with a boyfriend who would occasionally like his girlfriend to enhance her prettiness. Turn it around—it doesn't seem so objectionable for a woman to say, "Babe, I want to take you shopping. I think a nicer wardrobe and a better haircut would make a good impression at work, and I'd enjoy it, too. "

Sad
Anne the Man

« Reply #480 on: Apr 30, 2012, 06:43:43 PM »

I don't really have anything to add except more sadfaces and internal writhing

Hey jerks, mind if I watch you jerks do your jerk-bending?
dieblucasdie

« Reply #481 on: May 09, 2012, 05:25:08 PM »

A scene on Twitter, today, before the OBAMA IS GAY announcement:

@jodyrosen
Kinda HATING Joe Biden for putting the President in a lose-lose political bind. Here's your wedge issue, Romney, all served up a platter!

@chrislagreca
.@jodyrosen @thehighsign sorry an accidental moment of content interrupted our yearlong trudge of meaningless political messaging #Biden

@jodyrosen
@chrislagreca Enjoy the Romney era, dude!

haha what a tool. how best to troll now, LPTJ?

he was basically your only chance at making the world love you.
elpollodiablo

« Reply #482 on: May 09, 2012, 05:29:18 PM »

Man tell me Dana Stevens was not also saying idiotic things

think 'on the road.'
dieblucasdie

« Reply #483 on: May 09, 2012, 05:30:48 PM »

I only saw that tweet of Rosen's because she re-tweeted it. She also said
idealistically throwing strategy to the winds is the last thing Obama needs now.
before the announcement.

he was basically your only chance at making the world love you.
elpollodiablo

« Reply #484 on: May 09, 2012, 06:02:23 PM »

Sad

think 'on the road.'
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 [20]
Print
LPTJ | Last Plane Forums | Departure Lounge | Topic: The Consolidated "Slate Is Stupid" Thread
Jump to: