Home
Help
Search
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Aug 28, 2014, 03:15:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search: Advanced search
657918 Posts in 9260 Topics by 3396 Members Latest Member: - vlozan86 Most online today: 54 - most online ever: 494 (Jul 01, 2007, 02:59:53 PM)
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22
Print
Author Topic: The first thought that pops into your sweet head: new Random  (Read 88979 times)
citrus

« Reply #400 on: May 05, 2008, 11:06:16 PM »

Man, there have been like less than two dozen posts today. What gives?

Yeah it's been pretty tumbleweed-filled. I guess there's not too much to talk about?

i give thee the first suggestion, the problem and indirection
elpollodiablo

« Reply #401 on: May 05, 2008, 11:17:39 PM »

You should say your private ideas

think 'on the road.'
G.C.R

« Reply #402 on: May 05, 2008, 11:20:40 PM »

I love university. My brain is groaning with new information about different models and theories of sacred pain. I think I need to play tetirs for a while and let my head decompress.

I think it's fair to assume we'll be inebriated and covered in bodily effluvia all weekend
girl

« Reply #403 on: May 05, 2008, 11:30:34 PM »

Man, there have been like less than two dozen posts today. What gives?

Headache. Monster inside my head clawing at my skull, sometimes pounding on it. Make him leave!  Sad

this is a story and you're not in it
citrus

« Reply #404 on: May 05, 2008, 11:41:09 PM »

I have exactly one more final exam to do before I have done every single thing required of me to receive my bachelor of arts degree. It consists of 3 pages of writing. It doesn't even have to be good writing, when it comes down to it. 4 years of procrastination are a hard habit to break, though. And it's even weirder in this case because it feels so final. For some reason I have this feeling that once I email it in I will burst into tears. Emotions are bad. I only have one sentence written, and it is as follows:

Duke Ellington’s influence on jazz music can not be understated.

jebreject

« Reply #405 on: May 05, 2008, 11:47:51 PM »

So tonight I was lucky enough to witness about thirty people gather around and watch six or so people beat someone with a baseball bat.

I'm not racist, I've got lots of black Facebook friends.
El_Josharino

« Reply #406 on: May 05, 2008, 11:49:16 PM »

the hell?

Hey sexy mama, wanna kill all humans?
citrus

« Reply #407 on: May 05, 2008, 11:49:53 PM »

So tonight I was lucky enough to witness about thirty people gather around and watch six or so people beat someone with a baseball bat.

you have to finish that story

jebreject

« Reply #408 on: May 06, 2008, 01:37:22 AM »

There's not much else to it. We decided to bring some stuff down to our practice space (which is the basement of a venue). While there, we noticed that our friend Ray's guitar was there. Remembered that his band played there last night, I figured it was left there accidentally. I called him up to confirm, and I was right. So I told him we'd bring it over. And we drive over to his house, and when we get on his block we see probably about forty people, mostly in the street. It looked like a block party or something, but it seemed sort of menacing. I grabbed the guitar and got out. Josh stayed behind to wait. As I made my way through the throng, I hear a lot of yelling and cursing and crying and threats. "I swear on my mama," that kind of thing. This one woman (hard to say what her age was--probably late teens/early twenties) had tears in her eyes and someone was telling her she had to go rinse her eyes out. Had she been sprayed by mace? There's a lot of commotion and chaos and I really have no fucking clue what to do or what's going on so I just try to get to the house as quickly as possible. I see a middle aged woman trying to hold some other girls back. I see an older woman carrying a curtain rod. The majority of the people--men and women--are congregated at the end of the block, near a couple of cars. Others are watching from their porches. Still more are making their way toward the main group. I get into the house. Ray's not there, but Adam's staring intently out the window. He doesn't know what the fuck is going on. We see a group of three teens open a trunk and pull out a baseball bat. I smoke a cigarette and try to figure out what to do. Figured I should just get the fuck outta there, really. Adam walked me out to see if he could find out what was going on, but he didn't really think there was anyone he could safely ask and went back inside. As I'm walking back to Josh's car, I see a group of six or seven people in a tight circle, the baseball bat raised above their heads, and then it comes down, and again. The other forty or so people are looking on, trying to get closer and closer. Some of them cheering. Other people are literally running from their houses to check out the action. I see the woman who was crying, now the whole front of her shirt is soaked. She's yelling threats. I notice now that there's a car in front of this woman's house with a smashed windshield. I've no idea whether this is related or not. I get in the car and we turn around so we don't have to drive through the mass, and I call 911, 'cause seriously, someone is getting the fuck beat out of them with a baseball bat. The whole thing was disgusting, and I still don't really have any idea what was actually happening.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2008, 01:50:46 AM by jebreject » Logged

I'm not racist, I've got lots of black Facebook friends.
G.C.R

« Reply #409 on: May 06, 2008, 01:49:13 AM »

That sounds real real scary. I hate that menace feeling just before there starts being pain given.

I think it's fair to assume we'll be inebriated and covered in bodily effluvia all weekend
FreddyKnuckles

« Reply #410 on: May 06, 2008, 09:57:01 AM »

Why is it that PETA has complete nuts for their spokespeople? I wanted to listen to what the lady was saying about the inhumanity of horse racing, I really did, and she was making some great points. But every great point was countered by some absurd emotional appeal that I can't relate to.

Quote from: Heathcote
I'm in with Greg Nog, IT'S FUCKING FAFFLE TIME!
Maaik

« Reply #411 on: May 06, 2008, 10:40:28 AM »

There's not much else to it. We decided to bring some stuff down to our practice space (which is the basement of a venue). While there, we noticed that our friend Ray's guitar was there. Remembered that his band played there last night, I figured it was left there accidentally. I called him up to confirm, and I was right. So I told him we'd bring it over. And we drive over to his house, and when we get on his block we see probably about forty people, mostly in the street. It looked like a block party or something, but it seemed sort of menacing. I grabbed the guitar and got out. Josh stayed behind to wait. As I made my way through the throng, I hear a lot of yelling and cursing and crying and threats. "I swear on my mama," that kind of thing. This one woman (hard to say what her age was--probably late teens/early twenties) had tears in her eyes and someone was telling her she had to go rinse her eyes out. Had she been sprayed by mace? There's a lot of commotion and chaos and I really have no fucking clue what to do or what's going on so I just try to get to the house as quickly as possible. I see a middle aged woman trying to hold some other girls back. I see an older woman carrying a curtain rod. The majority of the people--men and women--are congregated at the end of the block, near a couple of cars. Others are watching from their porches. Still more are making their way toward the main group. I get into the house. Ray's not there, but Adam's staring intently out the window. He doesn't know what the fuck is going on. We see a group of three teens open a trunk and pull out a baseball bat. I smoke a cigarette and try to figure out what to do. Figured I should just get the fuck outta there, really. Adam walked me out to see if he could find out what was going on, but he didn't really think there was anyone he could safely ask and went back inside. As I'm walking back to Josh's car, I see a group of six or seven people in a tight circle, the baseball bat raised above their heads, and then it comes down, and again. The other forty or so people are looking on, trying to get closer and closer. Some of them cheering. Other people are literally running from their houses to check out the action. I see the woman who was crying, now the whole front of her shirt is soaked. She's yelling threats. I notice now that there's a car in front of this woman's house with a smashed windshield. I've no idea whether this is related or not. I get in the car and we turn around so we don't have to drive through the mass, and I call 911, 'cause seriously, someone is getting the fuck beat out of them with a baseball bat. The whole thing was disgusting, and I still don't really have any idea what was actually happening.

Holy shit, dude.  That's.... just holy shit.

I need anne the man lessons
Andrew_TSKS

« Reply #412 on: May 06, 2008, 03:05:42 PM »

so, last night, i went to bed at about 3 am, which is pretty normal for nights when i'm not working in the morning. i took a benadryl before bed because i was having a bad allergy day and didn't want to be up all night sneezing. by the time i got into bed, i was really really tired, and went to sleep quickly ...only to wake up, at quarter to six in the morning, in my roommate's bed. fortunately, he's on tour right now, so i was the only one there, but it was a truly freaky experience nonetheless. i have no idea how i ended up in a different bed in a different room than the one i'd gone to sleep in, and i certainly don't remember getting up in the night to use the bathroom or anything like that, so i suppose this is my first documented instance of somnambulism. i've definitely talked to people in my sleep, but i never knew i was capable of sleepwalking. looks like i am. weird.

I just want to be myself and I want you to love me for who I am.
citrus

« Reply #413 on: May 06, 2008, 05:09:38 PM »

I used to sleepwalk when I was a kid. I would wake up in the bathroom trying to get out after locking myself in.

In other news, 96 GUESTS HOLY FUCK

Greg Nog

« Reply #414 on: May 06, 2008, 05:16:43 PM »

Uh hey guests I was kind of just kidding about the whole Ted Kaczynski thing
Babar

« Reply #415 on: May 06, 2008, 05:23:52 PM »

looks like i am weird.

fxd

Oh man, I'm gonna have cause to regret this post. I know it.
citrus

« Reply #416 on: May 06, 2008, 05:34:49 PM »

I picked the right place to go to grad school next year:

http://bleex.me.berkeley.edu/bleex.htm

Andrew_TSKS

« Reply #417 on: May 06, 2008, 06:04:56 PM »

well, once you make it that general of a statement, it's actually something i've known for a long long time.

I just want to be myself and I want you to love me for who I am.
elpollodiablo

« Reply #418 on: May 06, 2008, 06:10:11 PM »

Dude I coulda told ya that without the link to the robotics lab. You must have had one helluva undergraduate record, kid! Congrats.

think 'on the road.'
citrus

« Reply #419 on: May 06, 2008, 06:14:06 PM »

Dude I coulda told ya that without the link to the robotics lab. You must have had one helluva undergraduate record, kid! Congrats.

Well I'm not going into robotics (I wish), I'm neuroscience, but thanks.  Heart

citrus

« Reply #420 on: May 06, 2008, 06:14:49 PM »

The point is hopefully I'll have a full exoskeleton by the time I graduate.

elpollodiablo

« Reply #421 on: May 07, 2008, 03:57:10 PM »

Hey what do the Irishman and Jesus Christ have in common?

The Irishman thinks his mother's a virgin; his mother thinks he's the son of god.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2008, 04:13:19 PM by elpollodiablo » Logged

think 'on the road.'
DCDave

« Reply #422 on: May 07, 2008, 04:33:51 PM »

The guy (who used to be) down the hall from me funded that.

But what the fuck do I know, I have a penis.
citrus

« Reply #423 on: May 07, 2008, 05:10:58 PM »

The guy (who used to be) down the hall from me funded that.

That's awesome. There is such incredible work being done in that field. I'm jealous of people who get to do it/are involved with it somehow.

girl

« Reply #424 on: May 07, 2008, 10:14:57 PM »

Shouldn't the expiration date on my allergy pills have a year? It just says "exp Feb 11". That's weird.

this is a story and you're not in it
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22
Print
LPTJ | Archives | The Hangar | Topic: The first thought that pops into your sweet head: new Random
Jump to: