Home
Help
Search
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Sep 21, 2014, 12:10:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search: Advanced search
658017 Posts in 9261 Topics by 3396 Members Latest Member: - vlozan86 Most online today: 45 - most online ever: 494 (Jul 01, 2007, 02:59:53 PM)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 22
Print
Author Topic: Happiness Is a Warm Post: The Happy Thread  (Read 102869 times)
Babar

« Reply #100 on: May 04, 2008, 12:00:04 AM »

i've been playing a lot of tetris lately and am beginning to experience this. I think it's awesome.

Oh man, I'm gonna have cause to regret this post. I know it.
G.C.R

« Reply #101 on: May 04, 2008, 12:09:26 AM »

What alarms me is your attitude seems to be less "I am going to enjoy listening to music" and more "I am going to enjoy making my neighbours miserable".

Hey I think I may have mentioned my enjoyment of listening to music here once or twice in the past.
And I'm really pretty quiet - the neighbours aren't here during the loud listening periods much, and I usually spend the really key listening hours (10pm to 3am) listening to late night records over and over again.

But I wouldn't mind if I didnt have to lie in bed and listen to them urinating above my head.

I was refering more to your previous comment specifically... but I can see if we both keep trying to explain ourselves it will devolve into a big public argument and I dont want to do that...

I think it's fair to assume we'll be inebriated and covered in bodily effluvia all weekend
guanajuato

« Reply #102 on: May 04, 2008, 01:18:56 AM »

man i got fat during the winter. i reached 237 lbs, and being only 5'10, you gotta believe gravity was dicking me. but in march around my birthday i got fed up when none of my clothes fit except for two pairs of pants. so, of course, i start trying to lose it in april (it's called putting it off for tomorrow, people...or, a month).
well, on friday i hit 220!

my goal is 165. i've never been that small, and it'd probably look like i was kafka's hunger artist, but i wanna die with the words 'i got to 165 once' on my lips and one silent fist raised in victory.

well, let's just say i can fit into THREE PAIRS OF PANTS now. i retired the green adidas pants, and fit into my banana republic pants. i'm still dressing up a pig, and my face is still pudgy, and such, but it's a faith no moreesque 'small victory'.

i don't imagine for a second i'm losing weight healthily, but i feel better every day. i perused hacking the diet, then i used a website to count up the calories for my height and age, and how to lose 2.5 lbs per week, then i used an igoogle program called google 15 to calculate my moving average (my biggest weakness is math). because i was bursting at the seams, i think i've dropped a lot more weight than 2.5 lbs per week. plus i think i've been non-nutritionally undereating as i calculated how to lose 2.5 lbs with a non-exercise lifestyle, and i've been exercising. so i expect it all to slow down.

i'm happy obviously, because i've lost some stress for every pound, but this is also my attempt to reach out to all the fatties like myself. we can achieve our fighting weight again, even, if, like me, you're the laziest sod this side of the carolinas.

we're celebrating your sprint anniversary!
dieblucasdie

« Reply #103 on: May 04, 2008, 01:27:48 AM »

Dude all you have to do is go to India and get dysentery.  That's how I lost 15 pounds over the last two weeks!  I'm going to write a book.  Chapter One:  "Go Ahead, Eat the Chicken."

Seriously, though, congrats; changing your lifestyle is never easy.

he was basically your only chance at making the world love you.
G.C.R

« Reply #104 on: May 04, 2008, 01:30:37 AM »

Hmmm, wasn't diesel advocating dysentery recently? How do you get it again? (bearing in mind that I dont eat chicken and cant afford to go to india.)

I think it's fair to assume we'll be inebriated and covered in bodily effluvia all weekend
dieblucasdie

« Reply #105 on: May 04, 2008, 01:41:20 AM »

All you have to do is go somewhere in the developing world and eat something that looks dodgy!  Again, really surprised that every Hollywood starlet doesn't do it.

guanajuato

« Reply #106 on: May 04, 2008, 01:43:22 AM »

Dude all you have to do is go to India and get dysentery.  That's how I lost 15 pounds over the last two weeks!  I'm going to write a book.  Chapter One:  "Go Ahead, Eat the Chicken."

Seriously, though, congrats; changing your lifestyle is never easy.

ha! thanks, but don't tempt me with dysentary. i was on my way to work one day a couple years ago and i was walking down the street in downtown des moines and suddenly i shit myself.
dude, when i met you at the cat power pitchfork show i was 215. so if you go again, and i find you, you're gonna see a skinny dude, who will this time, most likely be beat up by the mad gir who does no want a danzig coverl.

we're celebrating your sprint anniversary!
andronicus

« Reply #107 on: May 04, 2008, 11:03:46 AM »

man i got fat during the winter. i reached 237 lbs, and being only 5'10, you gotta believe gravity was dicking me. but in march around my birthday i got fed up when none of my clothes fit except for two pairs of pants. so, of course, i start trying to lose it in april (it's called putting it off for tomorrow, people...or, a month).
well, on friday i hit 220!

my goal is 165. i've never been that small, and it'd probably look like i was kafka's hunger artist, but i wanna die with the words 'i got to 165 once' on my lips and one silent fist raised in victory.

well, let's just say i can fit into THREE PAIRS OF PANTS now. i retired the green adidas pants, and fit into my banana republic pants. i'm still dressing up a pig, and my face is still pudgy, and such, but it's a faith no moreesque 'small victory'.

i don't imagine for a second i'm losing weight healthily, but i feel better every day. i perused hacking the diet, then i used a website to count up the calories for my height and age, and how to lose 2.5 lbs per week, then i used an igoogle program called google 15 to calculate my moving average (my biggest weakness is math). because i was bursting at the seams, i think i've dropped a lot more weight than 2.5 lbs per week. plus i think i've been non-nutritionally undereating as i calculated how to lose 2.5 lbs with a non-exercise lifestyle, and i've been exercising. so i expect it all to slow down.

i'm happy obviously, because i've lost some stress for every pound, but this is also my attempt to reach out to all the fatties like myself. we can achieve our fighting weight again, even, if, like me, you're the laziest sod this side of the carolinas.

Hey mf, I thought fatness was our bond!  I thought I was king fat compared to you, and you were just one of my pudgy peons.  Now I find out that I aint even batting in the same league.  Well I just ate two eggs in the basket for breakfast, but like an animal I'm going to pound back two more eggs.  You're coming down and I'm going up, I shall not rest until I reign supreme!
Bernard

« Reply #108 on: May 04, 2008, 11:13:02 AM »

All you have to do is go somewhere in the developing world and eat something that looks dodgy! 

I don't have the energy to get into it. Needless to say, you can get dysentery in the US.

If you want to shit yourself to 165, just stop washing your hands.

Ha, see, and look how Julian Casablancas ended up!!!!
Greg Nog

« Reply #109 on: May 04, 2008, 11:34:52 AM »

milly, you must focus on andronicus; you can psychically transmit your fat to him.  I've been doing that to Harold Ramis for the past couple of years.
dieblucasdie

« Reply #110 on: May 04, 2008, 11:49:04 AM »

All you have to do is go somewhere in the developing world and eat something that looks dodgy! 

I don't have the energy to get into it. Needless to say, you can get dysentery in the US.

If you want to shit yourself to 165, just stop washing your hands.

Well, I had amoebic dysentery, not bacterial dysentery.  The former is very uncommon in US since there's much more access to clean drinking water.

Bacterial dysentery is also much easier to get overseas, because your body isn't used to different bacterial strains.  So enough with responding to drunk posts with the bored schoolteacher act, you're really annoying when you get like that.

elpollodiablo

« Reply #111 on: May 04, 2008, 11:50:04 AM »

This kitten's got claws

think 'on the road.'
dumbfish

« Reply #112 on: May 04, 2008, 02:08:20 PM »

milly, you must focus on andronicus; you can psychically transmit your fat to him.  I've been doing that to Harold Ramis for the past couple of years.
Does it have to be somebody who bears a physical resemblance to you? If so, Ryan Styles can look forward to waking up tomorrow with a jacked-up lower back.

Love is awesome and has only Darko to fight for rebounds.
milesofsparks

« Reply #113 on: May 04, 2008, 02:51:40 PM »

I got my federal monies recently and spent them in new orleans.  oh man I ate so many good things, heard so much good music, and generally had a fantastic time.  also, there is architecture there.  happiness.

With some of my research and knowledge I am a little sure about it.
Kelp Murmur

« Reply #114 on: May 04, 2008, 04:50:55 PM »

Almost finished with my first review for Poetry magazine. The Poetry Foundation gots a gold mine of big-pharma cash behind them, which means they pay quite a lot for reviews. The other journals I've reviewed for, Chicago Review & Boston Review, paid reviewers two contributors' copies of the journal. So I'm happy.

Murk! Now with 40% more self-aggrandizement.
El_Josharino

« Reply #115 on: May 04, 2008, 04:55:20 PM »

i've been playing a lot of tetris lately and am beginning to experience this. I think it's awesome.

Oh man. I think I have permanent Tetris Effect. That's cool.

Hey sexy mama, wanna kill all humans?
hannah

« Reply #116 on: May 04, 2008, 05:58:44 PM »

I am going to New York City in two weeks, where I will have a job far sweeter than the one I have now, as well as New York City.
alex

« Reply #117 on: May 04, 2008, 06:08:29 PM »

That sounds wicked awesome. Congrats, hannah!
hannah

« Reply #118 on: May 04, 2008, 06:11:28 PM »

Thanks! It is only temporary, of course, seeing how I have to get ready for graduate school at some point, but I am very excited to return to the place I love most and to see many of the people I love most, too.
El_Josharino

« Reply #119 on: May 04, 2008, 07:58:15 PM »

I dunno if I've mentioned it here at all, but I'm moving out of the bread store house at the end of May. Basically, I moved here to take over someone else's portion of the lease, and the original plan was for them to move back in after the school year was out. That person's plans have changed, but I didn't find this out until I already had other plans. Which is fine. Me and a couple buddies have been looking around at places for the last few weeks. Found a couple we liked, but got snatched up ahead of us, natch. Today we looked at this incredibly nice place that's just about to open up. We all immediately liked it, which is a first. 3 good sized bedrooms, big living area, nice kitchen, front porch, decent neighborhood, lovely little park about half a block away, only 625 a month total. We're gonna end up splitting it 4 ways, so that'll be super cheap. Between rent and utilities, it'll probably be half of what I'm paying now. It's a little bit farther from my work than I am now, but not far enough for me to care. We're gonna get ON this shit so it doesn't get away. Pretty sweet.

El_Josharino

« Reply #120 on: May 04, 2008, 07:58:56 PM »

Oh, and nice one hannah. How long is temporary?

Greg Nog

« Reply #121 on: May 04, 2008, 08:00:13 PM »

3 good sized bedrooms, big living area, nice kitchen, front porch, decent neighborhood, lovely little park about half a block away, only 625 a month total.

and i am crying
ellaguru

« Reply #122 on: May 04, 2008, 08:06:12 PM »

3 good sized bedrooms, big living area, nice kitchen, front porch, decent neighborhood, lovely little park about half a block away, only 625 a month total.

and i am crying

Yup, that would be $250 cheaper than I'm paying for a smallish one bedroom, all by my lonesome.

I also engaged in a rigorous study of philosophy and religion...but cheerfulness kept creeping in.
El_Josharino

« Reply #123 on: May 04, 2008, 08:15:06 PM »

Nebraska is a magical place of living cheap and takin' it easy.

girl

« Reply #124 on: May 04, 2008, 08:34:46 PM »

Woo! hannah!

and good luck on the new place, josh!

this is a story and you're not in it
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 22
Print
LPTJ | Archives | The Hangar | Topic: Happiness Is a Warm Post: The Happy Thread
Jump to: