Home
Help
Search
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Sep 30, 2014, 07:54:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search: Advanced search
658063 Posts in 9262 Topics by 3396 Members Latest Member: - vlozan86 Most online today: 50 - most online ever: 494 (Jul 01, 2007, 02:59:53 PM)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 22
Print
Author Topic: Happiness Is a Warm Post: The Happy Thread  (Read 103716 times)
Andrew_TSKS

« Reply #150 on: May 05, 2008, 02:30:54 PM »

My post was "Northeast is not FOR YOU" and by you I meant white people.   North Capitol St/Rhode Island Ave. are still a dividing line (as is 11th St N of Florida Ave.)

ohhhh ok. i took that totally differently. got it now.

I just want to be myself and I want you to love me for who I am.
Doctor Bob

« Reply #151 on: May 05, 2008, 03:31:05 PM »

The parking spot next to the one I rent was up for sale for $36,000.  I was thinking about buying it and building a really tall skinny house on it.

http://ahboon.net/2007/03/08/narrow-habitation/

Yowza. Things happen when you go outside!
G.C.R

« Reply #152 on: May 05, 2008, 06:04:59 PM »

I wonder if you can fit a double bed in that house.

Making me happy, I made my boyfriend late for work because we were playing on the flying fox in the playground Very Happy such a great start to the day.

I think it's fair to assume we'll be inebriated and covered in bodily effluvia all weekend
elpollodiablo

« Reply #153 on: May 05, 2008, 06:15:52 PM »

I'll bite (and also attempt to preempt the cheesy sexual innuendo): what's a flying fox?

think 'on the road.'
G.C.R

« Reply #154 on: May 05, 2008, 06:23:14 PM »

its a ... huh, I dont know what another name is for it. But wait, wait, I'll check. Wiki says it is also called a zip line, an arial runway, a tyrolean crossing or a death slide. They have small ones in some playgrounds and are much fun.

I think it's fair to assume we'll be inebriated and covered in bodily effluvia all weekend
elpollodiablo

« Reply #155 on: May 05, 2008, 06:25:57 PM »

Ah, a zip line! Yes, those are quite fun.

think 'on the road.'
G.C.R

« Reply #156 on: May 05, 2008, 06:27:46 PM »

Thats really strange, I had no idea that that was totally a New Zealand English shibboleth, I seriously had no idea that there was any other word for those things.

Good Intentions

« Reply #157 on: May 05, 2008, 08:14:13 PM »

I've told you about the SA term, 'foofie slide' that you and every other NZer finds insanely ludicrous. It's not funny, that's its name!
G.C.R

« Reply #158 on: May 05, 2008, 09:43:39 PM »

I'm attempting to be serious, but I dare you to try and say "foofie slide" with a straight face. I cant get past the first syllable without snorting. I mean, foofie slide?!!!

G.C.R

« Reply #159 on: May 05, 2008, 09:50:24 PM »

On topic, I got a letter from the city council, and they have a bedsit for me to look at. And its not in a big fuck off block of flats, its in some row houses about 2 mins walk from where I am now, towards town so hence also 2 mins closer to town and uni. It is cheap. I am going to go see it tomorrow. I mean it might be crap, but its given a bounce to my step to think that I might be rid of flatmates and my cold, ant (and it would seem, rat) infested room, that smells of mould cos theres been a leak just across the hall and the walls there are rotting. This has been a nice room, but I so dont want to spend all winter here.

hannah

« Reply #160 on: May 05, 2008, 09:57:27 PM »

Oh lord Fiore's Deli -- makers of my favorite sandwich in the world and a constant awesome thing in the ever-suckier Hoboken -- has a website now! No way I can afford mail-ordering mozzarella now, esp. seeing how I'll be three minutes away in two weeks, but man it is nice to know that one day, should I ever desire it, their delicious, delicious cheese could be on its way...
Good Intentions

« Reply #161 on: May 05, 2008, 09:58:31 PM »

On topic, I got a letter from the city council, and they have a bedsit for me to look at. And its not in a big fuck off block of flats, its in some row houses about 2 mins walk from where I am now
In that block of council housing you looked at wistfully a few times when I was there?
G.C.R

« Reply #162 on: May 05, 2008, 10:02:34 PM »

Its part of that complex, yeah, but in the newer ones that were just across the road.

difficult

« Reply #163 on: May 06, 2008, 02:04:33 AM »

Hey, great! Good luck with that!

Do you want me to get you a new stylus for the old Technics? I'm ordering myself a new one for mine. My shout!

Your choke chain collars remind me of summer laughter
Ignatius

« Reply #164 on: May 06, 2008, 06:00:34 AM »

I just found twenty dollars on the sidewalk!  That triples my available cash!  I feel bad for the person who lost it but I maybe they threw it on the ground to express a strongly-held political viewpoint.
El_Josharino

« Reply #165 on: May 06, 2008, 07:26:16 PM »

I dunno if I've mentioned it here at all, but I'm moving out of the bread store house at the end of May. Basically, I moved here to take over someone else's portion of the lease, and the original plan was for them to move back in after the school year was out. That person's plans have changed, but I didn't find this out until I already had other plans. Which is fine. Me and a couple buddies have been looking around at places for the last few weeks. Found a couple we liked, but got snatched up ahead of us, natch. Today we looked at this incredibly nice place that's just about to open up. We all immediately liked it, which is a first. 3 good sized bedrooms, big living area, nice kitchen, front porch, decent neighborhood, lovely little park about half a block away, only 625 a month total. We're gonna end up splitting it 4 ways, so that'll be super cheap. Between rent and utilities, it'll probably be half of what I'm paying now. It's a little bit farther from my work than I am now, but not far enough for me to care. We're gonna get ON this shit so it doesn't get away. Pretty sweet.

Score. Domicile secured.

Hey sexy mama, wanna kill all humans?
jebreject

« Reply #166 on: May 06, 2008, 11:33:18 PM »

are you going to implement a slip 'n flip 'n dip 'n dive 'n slide at this new house? that is the question
« Last Edit: May 07, 2008, 09:46:02 AM by jebreject » Logged

I'm not racist, I've got lots of black Facebook friends.
G.C.R

« Reply #167 on: May 07, 2008, 01:27:13 AM »

On topic, I got a letter from the city council, and they have a bedsit for me to look at. And its not in a big fuck off block of flats, its in some row houses about 2 mins walk from where I am now, towards town so hence also 2 mins closer to town and uni. It is cheap. I am going to go see it tomorrow. I mean it might be crap, but its given a bounce to my step to think that I might be rid of flatmates and my cold, ant (and it would seem, rat) infested room, that smells of mould cos theres been a leak just across the hall and the walls there are rotting. This has been a nice room, but I so dont want to spend all winter here.

Yeah I'ma take it. Its cute. Will be warm and free.
Congrats also Josh, I'msure your domicile will be cooler than mine, but man, this one is going to be mine.

Bernard

« Reply #168 on: May 07, 2008, 02:52:17 AM »

I dunno if I've mentioned it here at all, but I'm moving out of the bread store house at the end of May. Basically, I moved here to take over someone else's portion of the lease, and the original plan was for them to move back in after the school year was out. That person's plans have changed, but I didn't find this out until I already had other plans. Which is fine. Me and a couple buddies have been looking around at places for the last few weeks. Found a couple we liked, but got snatched up ahead of us, natch. Today we looked at this incredibly nice place that's just about to open up. We all immediately liked it, which is a first. 3 good sized bedrooms, big living area, nice kitchen, front porch, decent neighborhood, lovely little park about half a block away, only 625 a month total. We're gonna end up splitting it 4 ways, so that'll be super cheap. Between rent and utilities, it'll probably be half of what I'm paying now. It's a little bit farther from my work than I am now, but not far enough for me to care. We're gonna get ON this shit so it doesn't get away. Pretty sweet.

Score. Domicile secured.

wtf where do you live that a 3-bd apt costs $625! Do you mean $625 each?

Ha, see, and look how Julian Casablancas ended up!!!!
Andrew_TSKS

« Reply #169 on: May 07, 2008, 02:55:11 AM »

i'm sure he doesn't. $625 each for a 3 bedroom apartment would be highway robbery here in richmond. that said, $625 total for a 3 bedroom place would either mean you were living in a horrible neighborhood or that it was still 2001, so obviously rent is cheaper in nebraska than it is here.

Bernard

« Reply #170 on: May 07, 2008, 03:04:49 AM »

You should see my face right now.

Also, why are you awake, Andrew?

Ha, see, and look how Julian Casablancas ended up!!!!
Andrew_TSKS

« Reply #171 on: May 07, 2008, 03:10:23 AM »

hah, yeah, i don't know either. i feel like a zombie.

Little Sixes Little Nines

« Reply #172 on: May 07, 2008, 03:36:49 AM »

my neighbours have come back from their holiday and their unsecured wireless is on!

i'm just starting to feel happy about my new single status, but am already going on a date tomorrow with a primary school friend who is now an amazing young woman. in short, life is sweet.

i just sighed (my shitty tumblr)
Anne the Man

« Reply #173 on: May 07, 2008, 05:44:18 AM »

Zip line? Foofie slide?

I am also in danger of snorting at foofie slide in a quiet study part of the library, where, OT, I have just finished one of my essays, so I'ma go home. I have another, longer one I have to do tomorrow, which is pretty much the same, all about the environment blah blah blah trees blah blah utilitarianism blah blah anthropocentric eels blah blah. Philosophy is turning out slightly gayyyyyy. I mean the futurity problem? Gayyyyer than gayyyyy things.

(I've started using the term gayyyy semi-ironically cos my friend does it all the time and it catches. It's non-bigoted if it has lots of Ys at the end.)

THERE'S A GUY HERE WHO KEEPS HISSING AT NOTHING AND NOBODY
HE DID IT THREE HOURS AGO
AND NOW HE'S DOING IT AGAIN

Apologies for mild incoherence and rambling. I'm very tired.

Hey jerks, mind if I watch you jerks do your jerk-bending?
difficult

« Reply #174 on: May 07, 2008, 06:45:41 AM »

Yeah I'ma take it. Its cute. Will be warm and free.
Congrats also Josh, I'msure your domicile will be cooler than mine, but man, this one is going to be mine.
EXCELLENT! Well done. When do you move?

Your choke chain collars remind me of summer laughter
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 22
Print
LPTJ | Archives | The Hangar | Topic: Happiness Is a Warm Post: The Happy Thread
Jump to: