Home
Help
Search
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Sep 21, 2014, 12:10:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search: Advanced search
658017 Posts in 9261 Topics by 3396 Members Latest Member: - vlozan86 Most online today: 45 - most online ever: 494 (Jul 01, 2007, 02:59:53 PM)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11
Print
Author Topic: Tell Me About Philadelphia, Please  (Read 33307 times)
dumbfish

« Reply #100 on: Aug 19, 2008, 03:54:34 PM »

Yeah. Always figured the juxtaposition, while jarring, was convenient for all the business-boys on lunch break.

Love is awesome and has only Darko to fight for rebounds.
girl

« Reply #101 on: Aug 20, 2008, 01:04:34 AM »

That's really the only weekend I have something scheduled, so any other weekend would be ok. Who else is in? silentsigh, Nog, milesofsparks, pollo will be in NY by then, right? Whit, what will work for you?

Anything works for me. Is this for Philly, Centralia, or seeing blucas' girlfriend take her clothes off? Because I'm up for any of these.

Blucas is in NY the weekend of the 20th. I think we're just planning to meet for drinks one day. You should come! I'm hoping the Philly field trip will be for the weekend, because it's not really worth it to go that far just for a day, right? I'm pretty free in September and October, after that, we're getting close to holiday and it'll be harder for me to take a weekend off.

this is a story and you're not in it
dieblucasdie

« Reply #102 on: Aug 20, 2008, 01:06:55 AM »

Hells yeah!  I'm still uncertain what the exact plans are going to be like, since I'll be staying in either Astoria or Sunnyside, but the strippin' is going down in Manhattan, but I'll figure out how to fit y'all in.

he was basically your only chance at making the world love you.
auto-da-fey

« Reply #103 on: Aug 20, 2008, 01:45:58 AM »

Blucas is in NY the weekend of the 20th. I think we're just planning to meet for drinks one day. You should come! I'm hoping the Philly field trip will be for the weekend, because it's not really worth it to go that far just for a day, right? I'm pretty free in September and October, after that, we're getting close to holiday and it'll be harder for me to take a weekend off.

oh shit, this might be made more complicated on my end by the fact that Gaby's coming out here for a monthlong rotation pretty much from late Sept. through most of October. I'll have to check in with her about dates, though.

I might be up for the 20th, though. I'm still kicking myself because I picked up the Village Voice while in town last week and just read it over breakfast this morning, thus discovering that I missed a screening of the ultrarare 1970 Elliott Gould film I Love My Wife--for which I probably would have Chinatown-bussed it back in--by one fucking day. You can't imagine my feeling of regret. Not even a late-night Jess Franco bootleg of The Sadist of Notre Dame could cheer me up.
auto-da-fey

« Reply #104 on: Aug 20, 2008, 01:49:37 AM »

but hey, on topic, Philly tonight:

Andrew_TSKS

« Reply #105 on: Aug 20, 2008, 01:52:08 AM »

You're just reminding me of how fucking bad I need to buy a camera. Too bad my money situation is looking prohibitive for at least another month.

Also, I want an Asus eee, and I want to pay for the thousand bucks worth of repairs my car needs. Sigh.

I just want to be myself and I want you to love me for who I am.
girl

« Reply #106 on: Aug 20, 2008, 01:55:48 AM »

Oh man, I meant to tell you about the Elliott Gould thing, too. I read about it, but then forgot to post anything.

How's early September, then? The weekend with the 6th, or the weekend with the 13th?

auto-da-fey

« Reply #107 on: Aug 20, 2008, 02:05:09 AM »

You're just reminding me of how fucking bad I need to buy a camera. Too bad my money situation is looking prohibitive for at least another month.

for what it's worth, I'm in the same boat, but I just figured since I was going into the red with the move anyway, why not splurge and make things ever so slightly redder?

and I think the 6th or 13th would work--I'm being signed up for work-related social events that I'm praying aren't cocktail parties with alarming rapidity, but so far so good for those weekends.
Andrew_TSKS

« Reply #108 on: Aug 20, 2008, 02:24:21 AM »

Hah, I have no credit. Going into the red is a physical impossibility for me. And considering how much trouble I got myself into with credit cards in the late 90s, I think it's best I keep it that way (as if I have a choice--I had to have my dad's name on my bank account or I might not have even been able to get one of those).

girl

« Reply #109 on: Aug 20, 2008, 02:29:36 AM »

If this is ever going to happen, we really should agree on a date. Is early September ok, or do we have to push it back?

Also, I want an Asus eee.
I'll bring mine so you can play with it.

elpollodiablo

« Reply #110 on: Aug 20, 2008, 02:38:45 AM »

Hells yeah!  I'm still uncertain what the exact plans are going to be like, since I'll be staying in either Astoria or Sunnyside, but the strippin' is going down in Manhattan, but I'll figure out how to fit y'all in.

Def. have to look us up if you're in the neighborhood, man. We should go to KGB bar.

Also count me in for whatever NYC shenanigans end up coming together, as I'll likely be jobless and doing little else beyond experiencing a Travis Bickle-like descent into a nightmare of urban madness 

think 'on the road.'
Andrew_TSKS

« Reply #111 on: Aug 20, 2008, 02:49:19 AM »

If this is ever going to happen, we really should agree on a date. Is early September ok, or do we have to push it back?

Also, I want an Asus eee.
I'll bring mine so you can play with it.

Sounds good on both counts. I just can't schedule it with less than two weeks notice or thereabouts.

Andrew_TSKS

« Reply #112 on: Aug 20, 2008, 02:49:54 AM »

Def. have to look us up if you're in the neighborhood, man. We should go to KGB bar.

Also count me in for whatever NYC shenanigans end up coming together, as I'll likely be jobless and doing little else beyond experiencing a Travis Bickle-like descent into a nightmare of urban madness 

I can't wait to see what you look like with a mohawk.

girl

« Reply #113 on: Aug 20, 2008, 12:53:38 PM »

Ok, so does the weekend of Septmeber 13-14 work for all of us?

coldforge

« Reply #114 on: Aug 20, 2008, 01:23:12 PM »

What, this is a multi-day affair?

l'era del terzo mondo.
C of heartbreak

« Reply #115 on: Aug 20, 2008, 01:31:18 PM »

day 1: brunch, keynote speaker
day 2: orgy

HOW WOULD I BE? WHAT WOULD I DO?
Andrew_TSKS

« Reply #116 on: Aug 20, 2008, 08:25:55 PM »

Ok, so does the weekend of Septmeber 13-14 work for all of us?

I'll do what I have to do where work schedules are concerned and hopefully that will make it work.

auto-da-fey

« Reply #117 on: Aug 20, 2008, 08:57:25 PM »

sounds good to me. if it is a multi-day affair, anyone who wants it is welcome to my floor, but that's literally what you get, so bring your own pillows, blankets, etc., if you're going that way. and towels, too, if you want to shower, since I forgot to bring many and prefer to do laundry as infrequently as possible.

also protection for the orgy. and lube, i left mine in l.a.
Andrew_TSKS

« Reply #118 on: Aug 20, 2008, 09:08:24 PM »

Hah, if I can make it, I will almost certainly have to sleep on your floor.

girl

« Reply #119 on: Aug 20, 2008, 09:14:58 PM »

Are you near any hotels?  Also, can you tell us who you lined up for the keynote address, or is it a surprise? Also, TSKS, what do you mean IF?

Andrew_TSKS

« Reply #120 on: Aug 20, 2008, 09:28:21 PM »

Work could be a problem, and so could money. I unfortunately get paid on the Monday after that weekend, so it's entirely possible that I won't be able to save enough money up to actually get there. Worst of all, my car could die or some shit.

I mean, realistically, I can't guarantee anything, but I'm gonna TRY.

Man, this would be the first time I've met any current LPTJ-ers besides Jeb and Wally. All the others I've met don't post anymore (except DCDave, and he posts pretty rarely).

girl

« Reply #121 on: Aug 20, 2008, 09:33:40 PM »

Well then why don't we push the date back to early November?

C of heartbreak

« Reply #122 on: Aug 20, 2008, 09:37:34 PM »

Hey tisskiss, are you gonna drive through deec/blatimore? I'd be glad to split gas with you, and maybe beth too though I don't wanna speak for her. Also if yr car dies I will fix it.

HOW WOULD I BE? WHAT WOULD I DO?
girl

« Reply #123 on: Aug 20, 2008, 09:40:05 PM »

. . . or that, which is better than postponing!

Andrew_TSKS

« Reply #124 on: Aug 20, 2008, 09:59:00 PM »

Well, OK, that all sounds pretty good to me! We'll get this happening one way or another.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11
Print
LPTJ | Last Plane Forums | White Courtesy Phone | Topic: Tell Me About Philadelphia, Please
Jump to: