Home
Help
Search
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Jul 30, 2014, 03:03:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search: Advanced search
657807 Posts in 9259 Topics by 3396 Members Latest Member: - vlozan86 Most online today: 68 - most online ever: 494 (Jul 01, 2007, 02:59:53 PM)
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 ... 21
Print
Author Topic: "I'm gonna tinker with myself 'til I say only promises" (Thread of Strong Drink)  (Read 28198 times)
elpollodiablo

« Reply #200 on: Jul 29, 2008, 07:30:42 PM »

I tend not to drink home alone for the most part, but I had a nice cool beer (a La Chouffe on tap) with a colleague after work today, and it was so great that I couldn't resist the temptation of picking up a few bottles of beer while I was grocery shopping afterwards. So I'm now enjoying a Westmalle Dubbel and thinking about how I should definitely do this more often.

The La Chouffe is still on tap at my favorite bar! So delicious!

think 'on the road.'
dumbfish

« Reply #201 on: Jul 29, 2008, 09:34:27 PM »

Budweiser + some worms + and a dock = a nice buzz and two catfish.

Love is awesome and has only Darko to fight for rebounds.
girl

« Reply #202 on: Jul 29, 2008, 09:37:17 PM »

Normally I would say something like "Oh right, drinking. Good idea.", but Budweiser doesn't count as drinking. . . I'm having gin and tonics again tonight anyhow.

this is a story and you're not in it
girl

« Reply #203 on: Jul 29, 2008, 10:01:30 PM »

Ouch. I have a small cut on my hand that I didn't know about until I got lime juice in it. (Serves me right for being snarky.)

dieblucasdie

« Reply #204 on: Jul 29, 2008, 10:02:03 PM »

girl spittin truth, but I didn't want to harsh dumbfish's buzz

I really need to buy some gin.  It's just my old friend Old Style right now.

he was basically your only chance at making the world love you.
girl

« Reply #205 on: Jul 29, 2008, 10:05:02 PM »

Remember when I bought tonic and limes and thought I had 1/2 a bottle of gin but couldn't find it? I found it. It's like free gin! Woo!

diesel_powered

« Reply #206 on: Jul 29, 2008, 10:25:15 PM »

I got home early today and grew tired of drinking (!). But then I got blazed and realized that beer was my friend.

she had me at "let's make a sandwich"
Antero

« Reply #207 on: Jul 30, 2008, 12:34:07 AM »

I'm moving.  What should I drink while I'm moving?

Quote from: nonotyet
this has been OPINIONS IN CAPSLOCK
rockmeamadeus

« Reply #208 on: Jul 30, 2008, 01:17:24 AM »

Hey hey back up on the Budweiser hate, that is the tried and true beer of the proletariat. If the revolution comes, that is what we will be drinking, bottles of Budweiser holding down the corners of maps detailing enemy locations, emptied kegs of Bud (now full of C-4) being rolled into police stations, makeshift Molotov's made from torn bits of Old Glory, some Jim Beam, and an empty Bud bottle.

I am not even kidding here people that shit is the lifeblood of the proletariat. Marx himself would have crushed the brew.

Brothers and Sisters! We must not distance ourselves from the People's Brew!!!
dieblucasdie

« Reply #209 on: Jul 30, 2008, 01:30:18 AM »

Budweiser is the drink of the proletariat like Kyle Busch is a regular ol' redneck.

rockmeamadeus

« Reply #210 on: Jul 30, 2008, 01:32:21 AM »

... what does that mean man, isn;t that the Nascar driver?

I am just saying every time I crush brews with normal working class types, cooks and construction workers and one time this stripper, they drank the Bud.
dieblucasdie

« Reply #211 on: Jul 30, 2008, 01:34:37 AM »

He's the (very good) NASCAR driver, who's, ya know, a fuckin' heir who's never worked a day in his life.

Also by that rationale where are your Toby Keith CDs dawg

Augo

« Reply #212 on: Jul 30, 2008, 01:49:47 AM »

four ireish car bombs
two miller high lifes yuk
three shots of bulleit burbuon
one bowl of the good stuff

i am decidedly not sober and I think i just failed my pspycology clssa because of it.

Gonococcus Bear pays a visit!
Andrew_TSKS

« Reply #213 on: Jul 30, 2008, 01:50:15 AM »

I wanna take spycology.

I just want to be myself and I want you to love me for who I am.
lastclearchance

« Reply #214 on: Jul 30, 2008, 01:52:45 AM »

Budweiser is the opiate depressant of the masses.

Quote from: cold before sunrise
Look, who's giving the report, YOU chowderheads or ME?
lastclearchance

« Reply #215 on: Jul 30, 2008, 01:53:31 AM »

I wanna take spycology.

Is that like the study of classified fungi?

Quote from: cold before sunrise
Look, who's giving the report, YOU chowderheads or ME?
rockmeamadeus

« Reply #216 on: Jul 30, 2008, 02:09:26 AM »

Whatever, you are talking theory and I am talking practice. Normal folk drink Budweiser, I mean other shit too but Nascar Heirs drink Corona. Wicker Park people drink Corona. Farmers drink Bud.

jesus fuck what is this all about.

I went to the Green Mill tonight which was Al Capone's bar and has secret exits and live good jazz 7 nights a week, tonight they had this trio that was an old blind dude on a Hammond B-3 organ, a guitarist, and a drummer. They fucking killed.

With all my talk of proletariat, I drank 4 martinis and a few Schlitz tonight so take it with a grain of salt.
davy

« Reply #217 on: Jul 30, 2008, 02:15:41 AM »

had 1 carlsberg tonight at the max canada. that's a nice little beer.

The drummer IS the foundation, p3wn.
davy

« Reply #218 on: Jul 30, 2008, 02:16:30 AM »

after drink works

tell me i'm not the only one who noticed... Razz

The drummer IS the foundation, p3wn.
edison

« Reply #219 on: Jul 30, 2008, 03:29:01 AM »

I tend not to drink home alone for the most part, but I had a nice cool beer (a La Chouffe on tap) with a colleague after work today, and it was so great that I couldn't resist the temptation of picking up a few bottles of beer while I was grocery shopping afterwards. So I'm now enjoying a Westmalle Dubbel and thinking about how I should definitely do this more often.

Heh, I have totally been doing the same thing lately, on and off (pretty much when it gets really hot). The other day a friend of my brother's who was visiting along with him left a bottle of Tripel Karmeliet, and I've enjoyed the hell out of it last night. I should really go to the beer store at some point and pick up a bottle of La Chouffe to finally see what that's about (or did I ever taste it in Vienna and Maastricht? Could be, but I don't remember)
Antero

« Reply #220 on: Jul 30, 2008, 03:45:46 AM »

I have no idea why anyone, proletariat or otherwise, would drink Bud.

of course I'm responsible for things like this:

----

Okay, I was thinking of making a Boxcar but I didn't really want gin, and then I considered a Jamie Boudreau recipe called the Petruchio Cocktail but I have no orange bitters or Aperol and still didn't want gin.  So!

1 1/2 oz rye whiskey
1 oz Campari
1/2 oz lemon juice
1/4 oz simple syrup
2 dashes Angostura bitters
1 egg white
Shaken like whoa

=Victory.

Quote from: nonotyet
this has been OPINIONS IN CAPSLOCK
Greg Nog

« Reply #221 on: Jul 30, 2008, 04:15:46 AM »

Budweiser ain't the devil or anything, but the corporation Annheuser-Busch would be razed more quickly and bloodily than Coca-Cola or McDonald's, if I had my way.
YojimboMonkey

« Reply #222 on: Jul 30, 2008, 07:46:58 AM »

blake, you're my homie and all, but I come from Budweiser country, and if Budweiser is the beer of the proletariat, the proletariat are a bunch of fucking assholes.

Anus-licking causes sepsis; if not given antibiotics within a half hour, they perish.
YojimboMonkey

« Reply #223 on: Jul 30, 2008, 07:59:29 AM »

But it's like, if you had a friend who listened to Steve Miller Band Greatest Hits 1974-1978 over and over again, and that was the only album he'd ever listen to, and you wanted this dude to expand his horizons or something, so you'd suggest all this other music for him to listen to, and he wouldn't even bother, just play Steve Miller again, all closing his eyes and singing along with "I'm a midnight toker" and completely ignoring the tons of different--not even judging, not even saying better, though I may think so, just different--music out there, well, that dude is the musical equivalent of the guy who only drinks Budweiser. 

Anus-licking causes sepsis; if not given antibiotics within a half hour, they perish.
jebreject

« Reply #224 on: Jul 30, 2008, 08:13:11 AM »

Jim for the win. And man, I don't know what Blake's on about anyway. Budweiser is hardly the official beer of the working class; in my experience people tend to go for the Miller products, and, at least here in Milwaukee, Pabst.

I'm not racist, I've got lots of black Facebook friends.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 ... 21
Print
LPTJ | Last Plane Forums | Departure Lounge | Topic: "I'm gonna tinker with myself 'til I say only promises" (Thread of Strong Drink)
Jump to: