Home
Help
Search
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Oct 25, 2014, 09:48:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search: Advanced search
658137 Posts in 9262 Topics by 3396 Members Latest Member: - vlozan86 Most online today: 63 - most online ever: 494 (Jul 01, 2007, 02:59:53 PM)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 21
Print
Author Topic: "I'm gonna tinker with myself 'til I say only promises" (Thread of Strong Drink)  (Read 28529 times)
elpollodiablo

« Reply #150 on: Jul 27, 2008, 04:00:20 AM »

Conversation in the other room

"Dude just hit me. I don't wanna walk around in debt for the next three days"

"No man I don't wanna hit you"

"Cmon man better now than when I lest expect it you know"

"You sure?"

"yes I'm sure just do it"

"...okay, which side you want it on?"

"It doesn't matter"

"GUYS THIS IS FUCKING STUPID, CUT IT OUT"

"Mandy you might wanna step into the other room, this isn't gonna be pretty"

"YOU GUYS ARE FUCKING ASSHOLES SERIOUSLY WHAT THE FUCK"

"Just give it to me man"

"I can't do it when you're expecting it"

"That's the whole fucking point, I don't want it when I'm not expecting it"

"You got me when I wasn't expecting it"

"yeah but I'm asking you to be the better person here"

"By smacking you across the mouth"

"Exactly"

*WHAP*

"Oh... dude... fuck"

"HAHHAAHAHAHAA"

think 'on the road.'
Antero

« Reply #151 on: Jul 27, 2008, 08:27:03 AM »

Crosspost!

I just drank a case of High Life with a racist motherfucker who just moved in next door, who joined the Aryan Brotherhood in prison, has lightning bolts tattooed on his arms, and is voting for Obama.

This was an interesting night.

Lessons/Confirmations:

A) High Life is fucking disgusting shite and now I will always associate it with Nazism.

B) Racism is truly incoherent, and starkly economic in its genesis.

C) Nationalism is stronger than racism.

D) I swear to fucking god America is doomed.

Quote from: nonotyet
this has been OPINIONS IN CAPSLOCK
coldforge

« Reply #152 on: Jul 27, 2008, 09:23:48 AM »

Aren't you AzN?

l'era del terzo mondo.
Greg Nog

« Reply #153 on: Jul 27, 2008, 09:24:52 AM »

Only half, if I remember correctly.  Aryan guy probably just thought Antero was a Night Elf or something.
Antero

« Reply #154 on: Jul 27, 2008, 09:36:03 AM »

No no, in the course of the conversation I pointed out that I was half Japanese and half Jewish.  He approved, actually, on the basis of some sort of bizarre nationalistic America-as-melting-pot ideal.  Racism demands a lot of rationalization these days.

Also, guys, seriously, OBAMA.

Quote from: nonotyet
this has been OPINIONS IN CAPSLOCK
Andrew_TSKS

« Reply #155 on: Jul 27, 2008, 11:06:19 AM »

Yeah, I think it's a lot more likely that frustrated working-class Neo-Nazi's are gonna vote Obama than it is that rich white people from the suburbs who swear they're not racist but "just don't trust the bastard" are gonna do so. I feel like guys like your Aryan Brotherhood acquaintance are so open with everyone about their fucked up beliefs that they don't have to screen them behind weird rationalizations in their own minds, which therefore makes them more likely to be able to reconsider them? I'm not sure how well this thought process really holds up, but that's what my instinctive reaction to that story is.

I just want to be myself and I want you to love me for who I am.
dumbfish

« Reply #156 on: Jul 27, 2008, 11:06:40 AM »

i am alternating fat tire
It's strange to me how Fat Tire is the not-Anheuser, not-Miller beer on tap everywhere on the West Coast, because y'all have plenty of good microbrews available and Fat Tire is syrupy and gross.

Reminds of how everyone drinks Sierra Nevada, even people who don't like hoppy beers, even though Sierra is often the hoppiest beer available.

Are good-lookin' labels really that influential?

Love is awesome and has only Darko to fight for rebounds.
elpollodiablo

« Reply #157 on: Jul 27, 2008, 11:26:30 AM »

High Life is the champagne of beers you chump

think 'on the road.'
dieblucasdie

« Reply #158 on: Jul 27, 2008, 01:05:19 PM »

Pollo spittin truth.

The Fat Tire thing does vex me too though, I mean, especially since so many of New Belgium's other beers are so much better.

he was basically your only chance at making the world love you.
YojimboMonkey

« Reply #159 on: Jul 27, 2008, 01:06:00 PM »

Word, La Folie is a personal favorite, especially the special version they whip up for the barrel aged festival every year.

Anus-licking causes sepsis; if not given antibiotics within a half hour, they perish.
davy

« Reply #160 on: Jul 27, 2008, 01:15:30 PM »

The Fat Tire thing does vex me too though, I mean, especially since so many of New Belgium's other beers are so much better.

it was never my favorite, either. best thing i ever tasted by them was the transatlantique kriek. so good they only gave you 4 bottles at a time.

The drummer IS the foundation, p3wn.
diesel_powered

« Reply #161 on: Jul 27, 2008, 01:29:06 PM »

I think what's even weirder about Fat Tire is that it's all over the west coast and yet, fair majorities of the midwest can't get it/never heard of it.

she had me at "let's make a sandwich"
davy

« Reply #162 on: Jul 27, 2008, 01:36:51 PM »

and nobody in the east can get it whether they've heard of it or not. they've got oceans of beer from the left hand brewery at the package store around the corner, but nothing from new belgium. when i was living in colorado, new belgium was a lot more popular than left hand, and they're located pretty close to one another.

The drummer IS the foundation, p3wn.
citrus

« Reply #163 on: Jul 27, 2008, 01:41:35 PM »

yeah, i'd have to say those 2 are not my favorites, but beggars can't be choosers, really. not my turn to buy beer.

i give thee the first suggestion, the problem and indirection
dieblucasdie

« Reply #164 on: Jul 27, 2008, 01:45:03 PM »

and nobody in the east can get it whether they've heard of it or not. they've got oceans of beer from the left hand brewery at the package store around the corner, but nothing from new belgium. when i was living in colorado, new belgium was a lot more popular than left hand, and they're located pretty close to one another.

Yeah, I think this has to do with the vagaries of interstate alcohol distribution, licensing, etc.  Also breweries as relatively small companies in a crowded marketplace, so it's likely a nationwide distribution scheme isn't worth the risk/expense for the guys at somewhere like Left Hand. 

Still sucks, though.  Yesterday I was in the liquor store and they had a whole bunch of Spanish Peaks shit.  I was like, "Damn, out of all the Montana breweries they have Spanish Peaks? WTF"

edit:  Hmmm apparently Spanish Peaks closed and reopened under new ownership.  Maybe their beer is better now.  I'mna try that shit!

« Last Edit: Jul 27, 2008, 01:51:55 PM by dieblucasdie » Logged

diesel_powered

« Reply #165 on: Jul 27, 2008, 02:03:34 PM »

I can't remember if Minnesota just finally got it the last time I was up there or if they were just complaining that nobody had it, but the distributorships around that area are continually vexing. And really, I think NB is good, but they're far from my favorite. I can't say I'm all that broken up about not being able to find it around Michigan.

dieblucasdie

« Reply #166 on: Jul 27, 2008, 02:19:05 PM »

Yeah, I end up drinking NB seasonals (Mothership and Skinny Dip right now, hella 5 Below in the winter) a lot, because they're some of the few good beers at that price point I can find consistently in the liquor stores around me.  Though it seems more of them are starting to carry Great Lakes as well, which is all kinds of good news.
« Last Edit: Jul 27, 2008, 02:22:29 PM by dieblucasdie » Logged

diesel_powered

« Reply #167 on: Jul 27, 2008, 02:26:20 PM »

Whenever I went to a particular bar in Omaha, I'd always down the 1554. It's nice and dark without being heavy. A good dark beer for that set that "hates dark beers".  Rolling Eyes

dieblucasdie

« Reply #168 on: Jul 27, 2008, 02:28:17 PM »

Yeah, now and then I'll buy one of those NB "sampler" 12-pack and people are always like ZOMG 1554!!!11!  It's ok, I guess, but I like even Goose Island's dark beers better.

YojimboMonkey

« Reply #169 on: Jul 27, 2008, 02:34:04 PM »

I can't remember if Minnesota just finally got it the last time I was up there or if they were just complaining that nobody had it, but the distributorships around that area are continually vexing. And really, I think NB is good, but they're far from my favorite. I can't say I'm all that broken up about not being able to find it around Michigan.

Yeah, you've got both New Holland and Bell's, no need to be greedy.  (among others I'm sure--those are the two that stand out to me)

Anus-licking causes sepsis; if not given antibiotics within a half hour, they perish.
diesel_powered

« Reply #170 on: Jul 27, 2008, 02:40:53 PM »

New Belgium was in the past year, maybe less.

And Bell's is the opposite of that spectrum. Bell's is like New Belgium in Minneapolis.

But that doesn't matter because when you're in Minneapolis, you have Surly.

Had some of their Bitter Brewer the last time I was up there. Excellent.

Thermofusion

« Reply #171 on: Jul 27, 2008, 05:46:28 PM »

I'm drinking Harpoon IPA on a recommendation and it tastes like an ashtray

someone point me in the direction of an American IPA that isn't ultra-bitter/hops-y

or is there such a thing

blech

triple paisley minimum
diesel_powered

« Reply #172 on: Jul 27, 2008, 05:49:35 PM »

Um... they're all like that. It's kind of why they're an IPA.

Thermofusion

« Reply #173 on: Jul 27, 2008, 05:51:02 PM »

I was kind of afraid of that.  In that case I'm jumping off the IPA train (was barely on it to begin with) and there's 5 free bottles of Harpoon IPA for whoever wants em.

triple paisley minimum
dieblucasdie

« Reply #174 on: Jul 27, 2008, 05:59:58 PM »

mail them to me.

or bet yet learn to love IPA, wuss.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 21
Print
LPTJ | Last Plane Forums | Departure Lounge | Topic: "I'm gonna tinker with myself 'til I say only promises" (Thread of Strong Drink)
Jump to: