Home
Help
Search
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Aug 21, 2014, 10:06:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search: Advanced search
657908 Posts in 9260 Topics by 3396 Members Latest Member: - vlozan86 Most online today: 82 - most online ever: 494 (Jul 01, 2007, 02:59:53 PM)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Bolt Thrower Apprectiation Thread, go buy Those Once Loyal!!  (Read 3090 times)
Ah_Pook

« on: Jan 30, 2005, 11:35:36 PM »

So Bolt Thrower seems to be perpetually overlooked when people talk about Totally Fucking Awesome metal bands and it makes me sad. they shoulda been huge, in my personal estimation. they were part of the early English grind scene with Carcass and Napalm Death and all that stuff, but they were more about being really fucking heavy and spewing out huge walls of crushing sound than those other dudes. they were pretty firmly in the grind genre on their first couple albums, then went off into their own slow paced grinding death thing from there on out. anyway i dunno, ive been getting back into them a lot recently and i wanted to share the love thats all. so heres a track off their stone cold classic album Realm Of Chaos from 1989, dig it

http://s13.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0U6X97NM35LRJ1D4TZR281QECL

i hadnt heard this track since i originally had this album back in middle school, but i still remembered the lyrics and the riffs once i started it up and was growling along and shit. so yeah.

Blame it on the girls who know what to do
Blame it on the boys who keep hitting on you
rtotalexvii

« Reply #1 on: Jan 30, 2005, 11:36:29 PM »

one of the reasons i like this website is that i can hit refresh and something appears called "bolt thrower appreciation thread"

have a bleedin' guess
Ah_Pook

« Reply #2 on: Jan 30, 2005, 11:39:57 PM »

plus look at this art man, its classic games workshop shit with the beaky helmets... i mean you gotta love the beaky helmets

Maaik

« Reply #3 on: Jan 30, 2005, 11:42:23 PM »

Quote from: "Ah_Pook"
plus look at this art man, its classic games workshop shit with the beaky helmets... i mean you gotta love the beaky helmets

Holy shit dude!  That looks like a Neo*Geo game!  Awesome.

I need anne the man lessons
rtotalexvii

« Reply #4 on: Jan 30, 2005, 11:48:59 PM »

i am appreciating bolt thrower right now

didn't they invent what is now called "war metal"?  with that idiosyncratic drumming style?  i am totally in over my head here.

have a bleedin' guess
Maaik

« Reply #5 on: Jan 30, 2005, 11:53:10 PM »

Dunno what it's called, but I too dl'ed the song and fuck do I love it.  Thanks Ah Pook, you Destroyer, you.

I need anne the man lessons
Good Intentions

« Reply #6 on: Jan 31, 2005, 07:37:03 AM »

Quote from: "Ah_Pook"

Some of us play Games Workshop stuff, you know.  British sphere of influence and all that...

So, is my girlfriend the only person on earth who likes Annihilator?
justinh

« Reply #7 on: Jan 31, 2005, 07:37:54 AM »

i used to rock the "realm of chaos" cassette tape in my car a lot, but then i lost it somewhere along the road.  

I love how the games workshop stuff is like dungeons and dragons meets battlestar gallactica.  didn't they have some contract w/ games workshop or somethng so they could write lyrics about that shit?
Good Intentions

« Reply #8 on: Jan 31, 2005, 07:42:48 AM »

Is it a surpirse to anybody that I met damn-near all my metalhead friends through the local comics/wargames shop?  The sheer beautiful cheesiness of it all just boggles the mind.  It's also the only place in town that stocks Anvil magazine, and if there is a better metal mag than that in the world, that mag must be the work of Jesus in his shut-in-bedroom-listening-to-Morbid-Angel phase himself.
Andrew_TSKS

« Reply #9 on: Jan 31, 2005, 12:21:36 PM »

i was totally thinking when i saw that album cover that it looked like a d&d game module from the 80s. glad i'm not the only one that sees it.

and what is this "anvil magazine" of which you speak? the best metal mag i personally have found is "terrorizer," and it's not but so great, i've found.

I just want to be myself and I want you to love me for who I am.
below the lights

« Reply #10 on: Jan 31, 2005, 12:25:45 PM »

Wasn't it the Warhammer universe that they based all of their songs in?

nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!
Andrew_TSKS

« Reply #11 on: Jan 31, 2005, 12:31:34 PM »

wouldn't surprise me.

below the lights

« Reply #12 on: Jan 31, 2005, 12:36:23 PM »

Quote from: "Good Intentions"
It's also the only place in town that stocks Anvil magazine, and if there is a better metal mag than that in the world, that mag must be the work of Jesus in his shut-in-bedroom-listening-to-Morbid-Angel phase himself.

I've never heard of Anvil before, but I always liked Terrorizer the best myself.

nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!
Ah_Pook

« Reply #13 on: Jan 31, 2005, 12:38:05 PM »

on that album Realm Of Chaos some of the songs were based on the Warhammer 40k universe, and the art is all taken from Warhammer 40k. that album cover is also the cover to the first edition Warhammer 40k rule book.

Good Intentions

« Reply #14 on: Feb 01, 2005, 06:41:08 AM »

To Ah_Pook's dismay, Games Workshop have dropped the beaked helmets from that specific group of models...

Anvil is a really, really over-the-top, we-love-what-we're-doing mag with a black metal slant.  Imagine if the blowhards from a few metal forums got to make a mag with great production.  Reviews are between 1 and 10 skulls, and the best albums get a 666 FUCKING SKULLS score.  Its a monthly and its damn near cover to cover reviews with a few large and good articles strewn inbetween.  I think its a British mag, and it seems to have a rather limited distribution.  But they cover everything, and I mean everything, that gets released in the metal world each month.

I don't know Terrorizer.
Ah_Pook

« Reply #15 on: Feb 01, 2005, 03:48:06 PM »

To Ah_Pook's dismay, Games Workshop have dropped the beaked helmets from that specific group of models...

oh i know all about them dropping the beaky helmets. truly, it was a sad day for fashion conscious space marines everywhere.

Ah_Pook

« Reply #16 on: Oct 10, 2005, 01:00:40 PM »

hey so

NEW BOLT THROWER TRACKS!

new albums out early november. i cant fucking wait, sounds killer.

DCDave

« Reply #17 on: Oct 10, 2005, 11:58:07 PM »

The Beaky Helmets are actually back and have been since the latest revamp of the 40K ruleset. There is 1 beaky helmet/helmet sprue IIRC.

But what the fuck do I know, I have a penis.
Stewart

« Reply #18 on: Oct 11, 2005, 01:08:14 PM »

Anvil is a really, really over-the-top, we-love-what-we're-doing mag with a black metal slant.  Imagine if the blowhards from a few metal forums got to make a mag with great production.  Reviews are between 1 and 10 skulls, and the best albums get a 666 FUCKING SKULLS score.  Its a monthly and its damn near cover to cover reviews with a few large and good articles strewn inbetween.  I think its a British mag, and it seems to have a rather limited distribution.  But they cover everything, and I mean everything, that gets released in the metal world each month.

Did this used to be called Sounds Of Death?  I LOOOOOOVED that shit.  It cost $6.66.
Andrew_TSKS

« Reply #19 on: Oct 11, 2005, 03:21:36 PM »

it seems to me that sounds of death is more into death metal than black metal, and in fact dislikes most black metal, so i'm thinking this is a separate magazine. although, i will admit, it's been years since i bought s.o.d., so i don't really know what they're up to.

Stewart

« Reply #20 on: Oct 11, 2005, 07:58:14 PM »

Quote from: "Andrew_TSKS"
it seems to me that sounds of death is more into death metal than black metal, and in fact dislikes most black metal, so i'm thinking this is a separate magazine. although, i will admit, it's been years since i bought s.o.d., so i don't really know what they're up to.

Yeah, but aside from the "black vs. death" thing it sounds identical.  Though I guess two seperate metal mags coming up with a "1- 666 Fucking Skulls" review scale isn't that far- fetched.
Ah_Pook

« Reply #21 on: Oct 13, 2005, 04:36:23 AM »

yea so, advance word on Those Once Loyal is that its as good as For Victory or IVth Crusade. oh man oh man i cant even wait.

Ah_Pook

« Reply #22 on: Nov 14, 2005, 06:10:49 PM »

Conscience still remains
Horror - amongst the flames
Ashes keep on falling

I close my eyes
And even now
The distant memory remains
Of the last lament
To be played

When cannons fade

go buy this album. no i mean really. you. you reading this, stop reading this and go buy this fucking album right now.

coldforge

« Reply #23 on: Nov 14, 2005, 07:46:43 PM »

Wow. A minute in and suddenly this is the best record I've ever heard.

l'era del terzo mondo.
Pages: [1]
Print
LPTJ | Last Plane Forums | In The Earbuds | Topic: Bolt Thrower Apprectiation Thread, go buy Those Once Loyal!!
Jump to: