Home
Help
Search
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Dec 26, 2014, 12:51:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search: Advanced search
658317 Posts in 9264 Topics by 3396 Members Latest Member: - vlozan86 Most online today: 34 - most online ever: 494 (Jul 01, 2007, 02:59:53 PM)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Your hurtful, divisive remarks  (Read 6521 times)
coldforge

« on: Oct 15, 2008, 04:53:49 PM »

John,

I call on you in this public forum to account for and to repudiate and indeed to apologize for the hurtful, insensitive remarks you have made in the past about black metal. In light of your current artistic output, the art direction on your recent musical releases, and indeed many comments you have made in this very forum, it is clear BY YOUR ACTIONS that you recognize even now the worth and contribution of black metal to this society—and yet NOT YET ONCE have you repudiated your previously long-held position, to whit, that black metal can suck it, that black metal is inherently inferior to death metal, that black metal is by nature less worth attention and recognition than death metal.

I ask you now, sir, in front of your fellow members, do you still hold that position? Do you indeed dare to? And yet: the insult borne by the black metal community, silently, without complaint, but, yes, bitterly borne, has never been answered, and never been recompensed. Our 40 acres and a mule, our reparations are none so expensive but a moment of swallowed pride, a moment of callous arrogance withdrawn. A moment of humanity is all that is asked.

John, you know the metal community at large has always held you in the highest esteem, and has always lent you its full respect and support. But this cruel mockery of a dichotomy cannot persist indefinitely without more than pride being bruised.

č l'era del terzo mondo.
Black Hussein Obama

« Reply #1 on: Oct 15, 2008, 05:19:23 PM »

I'm alarmed by the Black Metal Communities fragile sensibilities. Like the saying goes, want a waaah-burger with your French Cries?
jebreject

« Reply #2 on: Oct 15, 2008, 05:36:29 PM »

I'm alarmed by the fact that CF just said "to whit"

I'm not racist, I've got lots of black Facebook friends.
Black Hussein Obama

« Reply #3 on: Oct 15, 2008, 05:37:50 PM »

FYI, he is mimicking Keith Olbermann.
dieblucasdie

« Reply #4 on: Oct 15, 2008, 05:43:04 PM »

Nah, if that were the case there would be lots of "Mr. Darnielle"

he was basically your only chance at making the world love you.
Greg Nog

« Reply #5 on: Oct 15, 2008, 06:00:56 PM »

He also woulda ended the whole thing with a catch-phrase cribbed from a superior writer from half a century ago.
andronicus

« Reply #6 on: Oct 15, 2008, 08:01:20 PM »

I'm alarmed by the fact that CF just said "to whit"
Why cf misses a such a profoundly Saxon construction in a black metal post I wot not, but it matters not a whit, for the man is no twit.
« Last Edit: Oct 15, 2008, 08:11:42 PM by andronicus » Logged
Good Intentions

« Reply #7 on: Oct 15, 2008, 10:10:36 PM »

So you finally listened to some Mountain Goats, coldforge?
coldforge

« Reply #8 on: Oct 15, 2008, 10:42:22 PM »

no... But you guys keep posting the album covers. I have been seeing a lot of blackletter around here. And while we're discussing my style, I actually kept wanting to say 'mr x', but I wanted to keep it within the lptj. I dunno why. I was bored this afternoon.

č l'era del terzo mondo.
John
edit0r

« Reply #9 on: Oct 17, 2008, 10:37:03 AM »

I listen to loads of black metal though I remain heavily amused by its aspirations toward "philosophy" ( = "Julian Casablancas sure is fun and the summary of Hegel we once read seemed way boss"), which aspirations leave it permanently inferior to death metal, whatever the current state of either genre. (At present, there are far more interesting black metal bands than death metal ones.)

Nevertheless, I mean, not for nothing did I wear a Darkthrone shirt in some of my recent press photos.
John
edit0r

« Reply #10 on: Oct 17, 2008, 10:37:36 AM »

huge lols at the long-forgotten name-replacement script
jebreject

« Reply #11 on: Oct 18, 2008, 11:03:47 AM »

You may have forgotten, John, but we never have. We will never forget.

I'm not racist, I've got lots of black Facebook friends.
coldforge

« Reply #12 on: Oct 18, 2008, 01:56:23 PM »

I have called upon John to repudiate and reject the remarks that he has made, but he is clearly unrepentant.

č l'era del terzo mondo.
Black Hussein Obama

« Reply #13 on: Oct 18, 2008, 07:26:07 PM »

The question at hand is which genre has a bigger stick up its ass, and the referee ruled in favor of Black.

They're both fighters and go-getters, but given the parameters of the bout...
John
edit0r

« Reply #14 on: Oct 18, 2008, 09:08:49 PM »

I have called upon John to repudiate and reject the remarks that he has made, but he is clearly unrepentant.

the whole concept of repentance is so clearly unkvlt and counter to the spirit of true black metal that I must demand you stop posing and listen to aura noir
coldforge

« Reply #15 on: Oct 18, 2008, 11:10:20 PM »

I've been checking out the new album. It's pretty good. But the production is a little weird.

č l'era del terzo mondo.
Pages: [1]
Print
LPTJ | Last Plane Forums | Last Plane | Topic: Your hurtful, divisive remarks
Jump to: