Home
Help
Search
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Oct 26, 2014, 12:21:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search: Advanced search
658138 Posts in 9262 Topics by 3396 Members Latest Member: - vlozan86 Most online today: 42 - most online ever: 494 (Jul 01, 2007, 02:59:53 PM)
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 [20]
Print
Author Topic: Will people save money this winter by yes we canning? The New Politics thread.  (Read 31833 times)
dieblucasdie

« Reply #475 on: Jan 08, 2009, 06:54:23 PM »

so you like disgruntled former Bush administration officials now?

I guess technically you could maybe consider your gf a disgruntled former Bush administration official so maybe

Seriously, though, so do you think criminal charges should be filed against Gonzales then?

he was basically your only chance at making the world love you.
FreddyKnuckles

« Reply #476 on: Jan 08, 2009, 07:32:17 PM »

Nah I just had a chance to talk to him about/hear him speak on national security/FISA issues in October and think he's leaps and bounds above any of Obama's other noms so far.

Quote from: Heathcote
I'm in with Greg Nog, IT'S FUCKING FAFFLE TIME!
dieblucasdie

« Reply #477 on: Jan 09, 2009, 09:12:26 AM »

Figures it would take you until mid-January to get all down on the unitary executive.

dieblucasdie

« Reply #478 on: Jan 09, 2009, 09:17:05 AM »

I mean, you know that Kris' central argument on FISA is that pretty much everything the Bush administration did w/r/t wiretapping was massively illegal right?  If you like him, you should want to see Gonzales at least and probably Rove, Bolten, etc in jail.

dieblucasdie

« Reply #479 on: Jan 09, 2009, 09:19:59 AM »

Also I like the assertion that he's so much better than Obama's appointments, given that you've probably spent 0 time reading about them. 

Maybe you heard someone say something bad about Holder at a cocktail party or something though.

Also if you like Kris you should be thrilled about Panetta right?  I don't get it.

elpollodiablo

« Reply #480 on: Jan 09, 2009, 10:05:52 AM »

Leon Panetta has poopy pants

Pass it on

think 'on the road.'
FreddyKnuckles

« Reply #481 on: Jan 09, 2009, 10:26:53 AM »

what the fuck are you talking about you fucking nut

dieblucasdie

« Reply #482 on: Jan 09, 2009, 10:31:47 AM »

Are we talking about the same David Kris?  The one who send an extensive memo to reporters last year criticizing the legality of Bush's wiretapping system and generally criticizing his unitary executive policies?

Like I said, if you're down with him you should be down with Panetta (and really Obama's top DOJ picks as well), you should want Gonzales in jail.  I don't know what you're not understanding here.
« Last Edit: Jan 09, 2009, 10:34:46 AM by dieblucasdie » Logged

dieblucasdie

« Reply #483 on: Jan 09, 2009, 12:19:44 PM »

TOLEDO, Ohio (AP) -- Joe The Plumber is putting down his wrenches and picking up a reporter's notebook.

The Ohio man who became a household name during the presidential campaign says he is heading to Israel as a war correspondent for the conservative Web site pjtv.com.

Samuel J. Wurzelbacher (WUR'-zuhl-bah-kur) says he'll spend 10 days covering the fighting.

He tells WNWO-TV in Toledo that he wants to let Israel's '''Average Joes' share their story.''

ahahahahaha I can't WAIT to see those reports.

oh Jesus it gets better

"I get to go over there and let their 'Average Joes' share their story, what they think, how they feel, especially with world opinion, maybe get a real story out there," [Wurzelbacher] said.

"If given the opportunity to do some good however minute it may be, or could be something really good, you gotta take that chance. You have to do it," he added, heroically.

Is he scared that one of the Hamas rockets might have his name on it? Not really. After all, as he explained, he's a Christian so God will keep him safe.

"Being a Christian I'm pretty well protected by God I believe," he said.

So that's where Israeli foreign policy went wrong
« Last Edit: Jan 09, 2009, 12:21:55 PM by dieblucasdie » Logged

coldforge

« Reply #484 on: Jan 09, 2009, 12:22:38 PM »

The sad thing is I can't really wish for his death, because he will be beatified. If only I could wish for his death with the condition that I get to pin a printout of that to his casket.

l'era del terzo mondo.
Thermofusion

« Reply #485 on: Jan 09, 2009, 12:34:29 PM »

"If given the opportunity to do some good however minute it may be, or could be something really good, you gotta take that chance. You have to do it," he added, heroically.

I love the blatant deliberate-ness of the above Tom Swifty. Methinks the reporter was having a little fun at his expense?

triple paisley minimum
dieblucasdie

« Reply #486 on: Jan 09, 2009, 12:59:49 PM »

It's from a Times UK Online article, so yes, the whole thing is dripping with disdain

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/middle_east/article5471435.ece

YojimboMonkey

« Reply #487 on: Jan 09, 2009, 02:19:23 PM »

Oh, Nigeria.  I've forgiven you your 419 scams, I mean, hustlers gotta hustle right?  But now you've gone too far.  Nigerian Government Destroys 600,000 Bottles of Beer

Anus-licking causes sepsis; if not given antibiotics within a half hour, they perish.
FreddyKnuckles

« Reply #488 on: Jan 09, 2009, 04:59:18 PM »

you should want Gonzales in jail.  I don't know what you're not understanding here.

Why do I want that?  Just because something is unconstitutional doesn't mean it carries a jail sentence.

dieblucasdie

« Reply #489 on: Jan 09, 2009, 05:01:54 PM »

United States Code Title 50, Chapter 36, Subchapter 1
Section 1809. Criminal sanctions

(a) Prohibited activities
A person is guilty of an offense if he intentionally-

(1) engages in electronic surveillance under color of law except as authorized by statute

edit:  OK, so not Gonzales (thought on torture that's a different matter), but definitely Bolten and Rove then.
« Last Edit: Jan 09, 2009, 05:04:01 PM by dieblucasdie » Logged

dieblucasdie

« Reply #490 on: Jan 09, 2009, 05:07:21 PM »

Also, if Bush approved an unconstitutional warrantless wiretapping program should he have been impeached?  Warrantless wiretapping was included in the articles of impeachment of Nixon, and that was on a much smaller scale than what Bush authorized.

I'm not sure how you can agree with Kris and say no.

FreddyKnuckles

« Reply #491 on: Jan 09, 2009, 07:06:13 PM »

A minute ago I couldn't think Kris was a smart guy who will be good at the job he's been nominated for without also wanting Gonzalez thrown in jail, and now I can't think that without thinking Bush should have been impeached.  Quit being so fucking dramatic.  Its a pretty big leap from Kris publishing a paper disagreeing that the war on terror bill authorized NSA to perform warrantless wiretaps to OMGZ IMPEACH BUSH.

elpollodiablo

« Reply #492 on: Jan 09, 2009, 07:09:21 PM »

Freddy say Obama has wrong ideas, it'll be awesome

think 'on the road.'
dieblucasdie

« Reply #493 on: Jan 09, 2009, 07:09:44 PM »

Quit being so fucking dramatic.  Its a pretty big leap from Kris publishing a paper disagreeing that the war on terror bill authorized NSA to perform warrantless wiretaps

If it wasn't legal it was an impeachable offense (and a criminal offense at least on the part of the people who carried it out).  I don't see how there's a middle ground here.  Something can't be kind of criminal. 

Also, you're the one swearing and rockin' the CAPS and going ad hom and refusing to answer my questions, but I'm the one being dramatic, apparently.

« Last Edit: Jan 09, 2009, 07:11:52 PM by dieblucasdie » Logged

dieblucasdie

« Reply #494 on: Jan 09, 2009, 07:17:14 PM »

I mean, is your position then that it was illegal but unpunishable?  Or an honest mistake that we should overlook because they're major political figures?  You could actually explain where you're coming from instead of immediately whining about how I'm overdramatic and yer so persecuted.

DCDave

« Reply #495 on: Jan 09, 2009, 07:17:31 PM »

Freddy refuses to acknowledge faults of the Republican Party in LPTJ shocker.

But what the fuck do I know, I have a penis.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 [20]
Print
LPTJ | Last Plane Forums | Departure Lounge | Topic: Will people save money this winter by yes we canning? The New Politics thread.
Jump to: