Home
Help
Search
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Oct 31, 2014, 01:50:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search: Advanced search
658143 Posts in 9262 Topics by 3396 Members Latest Member: - vlozan86 Most online today: 60 - most online ever: 494 (Jul 01, 2007, 02:59:53 PM)
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: What's the third best Fugazi record?  (Read 4991 times)
Andrew_TSKS

« Reply #25 on: Jan 15, 2009, 11:22:06 PM »

That's crazy to me. I love "Fell, Destroyed" especially. I bet you'd like 'em if they weren't Fugazi songs!

Where "Fell, Destroyed" is concerned, I have no doubt of this. I just don't think it fits in with their sound. "Version", though, there's no way I'd ever like that song, no matter who it was by.

Brad, I really hear a big difference in most of the songwriting on "End Hits" from anything else they've ever done. And I don't like that difference.

I just want to be myself and I want you to love me for who I am.
jebreject

« Reply #26 on: Jan 15, 2009, 11:44:04 PM »

End Hits is my favorite Fugazi record

I'm not racist, I've got lots of black Facebook friends.
mountmccabe

« Reply #27 on: Jan 15, 2009, 11:56:53 PM »

I split the difference and ordered both Kill Taker and End Hits.

"Smallpox Champion" off Kill Taker is my favorite Fugazi song.  "Rend It" might be my second but is, at least, in the legit top five.

You know a pancake?
Killdozersnakeboy

« Reply #28 on: Jan 16, 2009, 12:00:29 AM »

Thankyou to Davy for starting this thread. I'm at home now skipping through the discography. It's all so damn good. Sieve-Fisted Find has that chord change at "Lost lost again - Please" hitting on please that knocks me over.
No other band has ever had such a physical affect on me. Y'know - that chill down the spine, hairs standing up thing. When I was a kid I used to walk for hours with my walkman listening to Fugazi at full volume waiting for those moments. It was like a drug.

"It's more easier to do it if you done it than what it is to explain it. Your middle part is all you move. There's a lot of 'em that does and no good about it"
Captain Insano

« Reply #29 on: Jan 16, 2009, 05:20:58 AM »

I voted 13 songs although, like many other bands I listen to, it usually varies to how I'm feeling at the moment.

We're all close to the end, don't you need a friend?
donblood
« Reply #30 on: Jan 16, 2009, 12:14:28 PM »

You guys realize that "Version" is a dub version (in reggae parlance, just "version") of "Long Distance Runner," right?  That helps tie the song in to the record for me.
kyle

« Reply #31 on: Jan 17, 2009, 04:11:17 AM »

"End Hits", though... that's way different. I like "Place Position", "Five Corporations", "Caustic Acrostic", "Arpeggiator" and one other song that I can't remember which one it is.

I'm going to go ahead and guess that you are referring to "Foreman's Dog" as that song is the amazing.

The Argument is my favorite Fugazi album. I say this because I find myself putting it on more than any other Fugazi album, that and "Ex-spectator" is one of my favorite songs. (period)

Jeb, you know you live in the age of internet thievery, right?
yeah but i like holding things
Antero

« Reply #32 on: Jan 28, 2009, 04:21:44 AM »

Why do some people seem to not care for End Hits?

Quote from: nonotyet
this has been OPINIONS IN CAPSLOCK
DCDave

« Reply #33 on: Jan 28, 2009, 09:30:49 AM »

This thread makes me sad - I miss Fugazi soooooo much

But what the fuck do I know, I have a penis.
davy

« Reply #34 on: Jan 28, 2009, 11:07:55 AM »

Why do some people seem to not care for End Hits?

I just got it last week and I love it. It's really a showcase for Brendan Canty.

The drummer IS the foundation, p3wn.
kyle

« Reply #35 on: Aug 16, 2012, 08:43:15 PM »

My friend had the Wugazi record on in the car today, I'd never heard it. It was decent, but just made me want to listen to Fugazi. I swear, if, in time, they aren't considered one of the top 10 bands of the 90s, I will just not understand.

Killdozersnakeboy

« Reply #36 on: Aug 17, 2012, 08:44:39 AM »

I'd like to think they've already got a solid position in the top ten. And personally I'd put them in my top three. I've not heard the Wugazi thing. They idea kinda horrifies me. I was incensed enough by the use of "Waiting Room" in the last Girl Talk album without putting myself through something I assume is much worse.

"It's more easier to do it if you done it than what it is to explain it. Your middle part is all you move. There's a lot of 'em that does and no good about it"
Maaik

« Reply #37 on: Aug 17, 2012, 09:00:57 AM »

Christ Christ Christ listening to End Hits right now and "Break" is such a motherfucker of an album opener. These are guys who simply sound Incredible together.

I need anne the man lessons
jebreject

« Reply #38 on: Aug 17, 2012, 09:14:48 AM »

Fucking seriously.

kyle

« Reply #39 on: Aug 17, 2012, 01:40:35 PM »

That sentiment reminds me of a review I read, I think on Pitchfork, of End Hits years ago. The reviewer likened it to a F2 tornado; pretty weak relative to other tornadoes (read: other Fugazi albums). Regardless, it's still a fucking tornado.

Although I disagree about End Hits' standing in Fugazi albums, I thought it was an interesting allusion to make.

jebreject

« Reply #40 on: Aug 17, 2012, 02:52:09 PM »

END HITS IS THE BEST

Pages: 1 [2]
Print
LPTJ | Last Plane Forums | In The Earbuds | Topic: What's the third best Fugazi record?
Jump to: