Home
Help
Search
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Oct 22, 2014, 03:59:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search: Advanced search
658119 Posts in 9262 Topics by 3396 Members Latest Member: - vlozan86 Most online today: 50 - most online ever: 494 (Jul 01, 2007, 02:59:53 PM)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 21
Print
Author Topic: It's not a ladybug, it's a fuckin cannapiller (Newer TV thread)  (Read 30937 times)
elpollodiablo

« Reply #75 on: May 06, 2009, 11:25:24 PM »

Ricky: It's quite a step up in the world from bangin Randy and Lahey to bangin Julian isn't it?

Bubbles: That's a weird thought, Ricky
« Last Edit: May 06, 2009, 11:33:55 PM by elpollodiablo » Logged

think 'on the road.'
Greg Nog

« Reply #76 on: May 07, 2009, 07:49:54 AM »

Last night's episode -- end of Season 4 -- contained maybe my favorite Rickyism yet: "Peach and Cake."
nonotyet

« Reply #77 on: May 07, 2009, 09:01:53 AM »

An interview with Josh Schwartz posted entirely in the hopes of enraging pollo.

THR: You must be one of the only TV showrunners who people give their CD to in clubs.

Schwartz: They do come up to me. I love music, I love going to shows. The idea that someone would put me on a list to go see a band -- I used to be online at Ticketmaster at 4 a.m. To now have some level of hookup in the music world has been a pretty good upside to all this.

THR: Do people come up to you and say, "Hey man, you ruined my favorite band"?

Schwartz: They do, which I take as a pretty good sign. I remember when we put Death Cab for Cutie on ("The O.C."), and they hadn't had a lot of success, and our talking about them was in sync with them releasing a record that really took off, so we got some credit for that. So many people came up to me. And I said, "I hear you, I get it, there's nothing worse than having a band that you think is yours, loving that band, and hearing it in a car commercial and realizing it's no longer just yours." That being said, we use the music respectfully, we are fans, and that is always the way we go about things. And the band is able to achieve a level of success and continue to make records and quit their day jobs. I'm sure it's weird for them too, but at the same time it helps them fully realize their ambitions as a band. No one ever went up to a radio DJ and said, "Hey, you ruined my favorite band." I really think TV has replaced radio to a big extent.

THR: Have you ever seen any numbers showing what kind of jump bands get after appearing on one of your shows? That Imogen Heap song you played over the funeral on "The O.C." had to be big for her.

Schwartz: Yeah. It ranges, but that song ("Hide and Seek") got a huge spike, then it got picked up by (L.A.'s) KROQ. She very nicely played at my wedding and sang our first dance song.

THR: Who else played your wedding? Was it just a stream of indie-rock bands you've helped?

Schwartz: No, just her. We didn't want to make it like the "Rachel Getting Married" wedding.

Blucas Jenny Humphrey has a band too.

make it stop
dieblucasdie

« Reply #78 on: May 07, 2009, 09:13:20 AM »

Still not as funny as Ed Westwick's band, but I'll take it.

haha oh I hadn't looked at video before now:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYeSPHqHgfc

YES

edit:

Also, that fan video is making me miss Willa Holland on that show.  It was nice to have an actually funny actress around. 
« Last Edit: May 07, 2009, 09:18:46 AM by dieblucasdie » Logged

he was basically your only chance at making the world love you.
donblood
« Reply #79 on: May 07, 2009, 10:47:44 AM »

(Ricky attempts to ward off the cable company after he's installed dozens of pirate satellite dishes)

"This is going to space.  Do you own space?  Of course not.  Naysa owns space."
elpollodiablo

« Reply #80 on: May 07, 2009, 12:35:10 PM »

Dino? Better call fuckin Barney and Fred in

think 'on the road.'
dieblucasdie

« Reply #81 on: May 07, 2009, 09:35:00 PM »

From now on, every time you guys do the TPB quoting, I'm just going to post GG pictures

Hey NNY, I guess they're not picking up the spinoff; which is weird since the back-door pilot episode hasn't even aired yet.

jebreject

« Reply #82 on: May 07, 2009, 11:13:32 PM »

Except TPB is awesome.

I'm not racist, I've got lots of black Facebook friends.
dieblucasdie

« Reply #83 on: May 07, 2009, 11:15:18 PM »

davy

« Reply #84 on: May 07, 2009, 11:20:21 PM »

I watched Michael J. Fox's Adventures of an Incurable Optimist show tonight, and I'm glad I did.

The drummer IS the foundation, p3wn.
elpollodiablo

« Reply #85 on: May 07, 2009, 11:54:22 PM »

I just caught up with the most recent episode of Breaking Bad, and... wow. Favorite episode thus far, for sure. Not a single false moment. This show has the potential, with episodes like that, to go from really fucking good to truly great. It's strange coming on the heels of the whole Bob Odenkirk thing, too, which I felt was a misstep.

think 'on the road.'
dieblucasdie

« Reply #86 on: May 08, 2009, 01:12:28 AM »

I just caught up with the most recent episode of Breaking Bad, and... wow. Favorite episode thus far, for sure. Not a single false moment. This show has the potential, with episodes like that, to go from really fucking good to truly great. It's strange coming on the heels of the whole Bob Odenkirk thing, too, which I felt was a misstep.

While I love the supporting cast, I think part of why this episode was so awesome is that the more we  get to see just Walt and Jessie interacting, the better.  The writing, the acting, everything is just pitch-perfect.

You're wrong about "not a single false moment" though: Krysten Ritter had lines
(and her performance aside, the random-love-interest-to-complicate things is the most lame TV-ey thing about the show right now).
« Last Edit: May 08, 2009, 01:17:30 AM by dieblucasdie » Logged

Good Intentions

« Reply #87 on: May 08, 2009, 01:19:04 AM »

You guys are actually convincing me to check out Breaking Bad. Right about now the only TV I watch are dubbed Japanese Iron Chef episodes on YouTube (which are fantastic, if you didn't know).
Aglaya

« Reply #88 on: May 08, 2009, 01:23:06 AM »

Yea, Iron Chef America is alright, but the original Japanese Iron Chef is where it's at.  I wish they still played it on Food Network.

Twurt away, merry horse-scorpions of the internet.
Good Intentions

« Reply #89 on: May 08, 2009, 01:24:34 AM »

It's on every night on the internet.

I love how involved the competitors get. I've seen at least four episodes where the winner bursts into tears at the end.
Andrew_TSKS

« Reply #90 on: May 08, 2009, 01:38:53 AM »

Wooo!

I am watching the Angels in America miniseries, and am loving it. I don't think I would love it nearly as much though if i hadn't just read the play, which got me all choked up at some points. Its like after a year of hardly crying at all, winter shows up and I'm crying every day over anything

Dude, seriously, you're lucky that only happens to you for part of the year. That's pretty much every day of my life.

I just want to be myself and I want you to love me for who I am.
Andrew_TSKS

« Reply #91 on: May 08, 2009, 01:44:13 AM »

THR: Have you ever seen any numbers showing what kind of jump bands get after appearing on one of your shows? That Imogen Heap song you played over the funeral on "The O.C." had to be big for her.

Schwartz: Yeah. It ranges, but that song ("Hide and Seek") got a huge spike, then it got picked up by (L.A.'s) KROQ. She very nicely played at my wedding and sang our first dance song.

THR: Who else played your wedding? Was it just a stream of indie-rock bands you've helped?

Schwartz: No, just her. We didn't want to make it like the "Rachel Getting Married" wedding.

WHAT? FUCK YOU!
« Last Edit: May 08, 2009, 01:46:01 AM by Andrew_TSKS » Logged

dieblucasdie

« Reply #92 on: May 08, 2009, 01:49:59 AM »

It's funny; I have zero respect for Josh Schwartz, but I've watched every single episode of every single one of his shows.  Probably I'm just a dick.

Andrew_TSKS

« Reply #93 on: May 08, 2009, 01:54:25 AM »

I never had any opinion of him at all before now, but the gratuitous "Rachel Getting Married" dis is enough for me to hate him forever.

dieblucasdie

« Reply #94 on: May 08, 2009, 02:00:46 AM »

oh SHIT.  This caused me to go to his imdb page.  I had no idea he's at the helm of a film version of Looking for Alaska.

elpollodiablo

« Reply #95 on: May 08, 2009, 08:20:21 AM »

While I love the supporting cast, I think part of why this episode was so awesome is that the more we  get to see just Walt and Jessie interacting, the better.  The writing, the acting, everything is just pitch-perfect.

You're wrong about "not a single false moment" though: Krysten Ritter had lines
(and her performance aside, the random-love-interest-to-complicate things is the most lame TV-ey thing about the show right now).

Look dude I'm sorry if this Ritter person broke up with one of your TV boyfriends on Foofie's Funtime Conspicuous Consumption Hour or whatever

think 'on the road.'
Babar

« Reply #96 on: May 08, 2009, 09:40:41 AM »

awesome

Oh man, I'm gonna have cause to regret this post. I know it.
Swimmy

« Reply #97 on: May 08, 2009, 01:37:10 PM »

So, I just found a torrent with 6 (or rather 12, since they're always in two parts) episodes of Night Stand with Dick Dietrick. And there are more episodes on Youtube! I haven't seen it since I was a little kid; it was my favorite show back then. Happy times on the modern internet!

A Gentile and a tax collector.
Andrew_TSKS

« Reply #98 on: May 08, 2009, 07:04:45 PM »

Blucas and others with a morbid interest in Gossip Girl:

Have you seen this? It's amazing. Please explain to me why the world is conspiring to make me add Gossip Girl DVDs to my Netflix.

dieblucasdie

« Reply #99 on: May 08, 2009, 07:35:29 PM »

hahaha awesome.  DO IT TSKS

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 21
Print
LPTJ | Last Plane Forums | Departure Lounge | Topic: It's not a ladybug, it's a fuckin cannapiller (Newer TV thread)
Jump to: