Home
Help
Search
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Oct 24, 2014, 09:25:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search: Advanced search
658134 Posts in 9262 Topics by 3396 Members Latest Member: - vlozan86 Most online today: 61 - most online ever: 494 (Jul 01, 2007, 02:59:53 PM)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Print
Author Topic: Things that Craig Finn has done that are terrible  (Read 6000 times)
Ignatius

« Reply #25 on: May 15, 2009, 02:58:17 AM »

8:10

edit: damn page break
Andrew_TSKS

« Reply #26 on: May 15, 2009, 03:09:02 AM »

WHAT THE FUCK? That's never been played any of the times I've ever heard that song. I guess I did just prove that I don't own the LP, though.

I just want to be myself and I want you to love me for who I am.
Ignatius

« Reply #27 on: May 15, 2009, 03:11:47 AM »

That's what I figured. Glad to BLOW YOUR MIND.
Andrew_TSKS

« Reply #28 on: May 15, 2009, 03:12:19 AM »

Hahaha you totally did.

Chet

« Reply #29 on: May 15, 2009, 07:16:05 AM »

Have you guys heard that Live at Fingerprints record?  Yeah, that thing is pretty terrible.

You Can Make Him Like You (Live Acoustic)

For someone who dislikes THS so much, you sure seem to have an extensive knowledge of their extended back catalog. That just seems unhealthy to me.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2009, 09:47:28 AM by Chet » Logged

"You need to put some clothes on and eat some food."
donblood
« Reply #30 on: May 15, 2009, 09:45:07 AM »

the Black Crowes are already shit.

I take issue with this statement. I'll grant you that they had a pretty bad decade from about '96 - '06, but they kicked off their career with three killer albums and last year's Warpaint made my top 5.

Of course.  If there's one thing I've learned about LPTJ it's that every band will be defended by someone.
davy

« Reply #31 on: May 15, 2009, 10:11:09 AM »

We should explore that theory.

The drummer IS the foundation, p3wn.
lastclearchance

« Reply #32 on: May 15, 2009, 10:26:20 AM »

the Black Crowes are already shit.

I take issue with this statement. I'll grant you that they had a pretty bad decade from about '96 - '06, but they kicked off their career with three killer albums and last year's Warpaint made my top 5.

Of course.  If there's one thing I've learned about LPTJ it's that every band will be defended by someone.

Yes! Personally I think it's great that the Grand Unified Theory of ILM applies here too.

Quote from: cold before sunrise
Look, who's giving the report, YOU chowderheads or ME?
donblood
« Reply #33 on: May 15, 2009, 10:35:33 AM »

Um... Industrial Light & Magic?  Information Lifecycle Management?
lastclearchance

« Reply #34 on: May 15, 2009, 10:48:45 AM »

http://www.ilxor.com/ILX/NewAnswersControllerServlet?boardid=41

i probably should have just said ILX

donblood
« Reply #35 on: May 15, 2009, 10:50:54 AM »

Man, it's ignorant don day around here.  Thanks.
mrwednesday

« Reply #36 on: May 15, 2009, 11:37:36 AM »

I was thinking, "Am I going have to be the one to say it?"

I'm remembering your names so I can be sure to attach "but this is also that crazy guy that doesn't like the Hold Steady" to anything you write.

And yeah, that song blows hard. I don't know what happened. He sounds fine, but his lyrics are really off.
Man, what the hell does "he sounds fine" mean when it comes to Craig Finn?  His nasal warble is intact?  If he sounded off, would that mean he was singing a melody?

Yeah, he's nasally. But it sounds good. I enjoy his vocals, they're also have a hard edge to them that make them work. I meant he sounds fine as far as rhythm goes, but that song is a rare lapse in lyricism.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2009, 11:40:07 AM by mrwednesday » Logged
mrwednesday

« Reply #37 on: May 15, 2009, 11:41:42 AM »

Also, thread's not cool. I liked talking about how much the Hold Steady rock.
donblood
« Reply #38 on: May 15, 2009, 11:43:19 AM »

Yeah, and the NBA thread isn't cool because I don't know anything about basketball.

On a happier note, all registered users can start their own threads, so you can create one called "Good Times and Cold Beers with The Hold Steady" or whatever title you like.  (I think mine's pretty great, though.)
Chet

« Reply #39 on: May 15, 2009, 11:54:01 AM »

Yeah, and the NBA thread isn't cool because I don't know anything about basketball.

On a happier note, all registered users can start their own threads, so you can create one called "Good Times and Cold Beers with The Hold Steady" or whatever title you like.  (I think mine's pretty great, though.)
Last time I saw THS, I bumped into The Koob in a bar afterwards. I had some kind of fucked up conversation with him. Problem was, that night I had taken ecstasy (for the first and only time) and had consumed many, many beers. Also, this was after he had been in hospital for pancreatitis, so he was stone cold sober. I'm sure he wasn't impressed at all.  Sad

Andrew_TSKS

« Reply #40 on: May 15, 2009, 11:56:01 AM »

Have you guys heard that Live at Fingerprints record?  Yeah, that thing is pretty terrible.

For someone who dislikes THS so much, you sure seem to have an extensive knowledge of their extended back catalog. That just seems unhealthy to me.

I'm pretty sure blucas really LIKES The Hold Steady.

Chet

« Reply #41 on: May 15, 2009, 11:58:30 AM »

O rite. I got him and epollodiablo's trollin in this thread mixed up.

lastclearchance

« Reply #42 on: May 15, 2009, 12:06:27 PM »

Last time I saw THS, I bumped into The Koob in a bar afterwards. I had some kind of fucked up conversation with him. Problem was, that night I had taken ecstasy (for the first and only time) and had consumed many, many beers. Also, this was after he had been in hospital for pancreatitis, so he was stone cold sober. I'm sure he wasn't impressed at all.  Sad

Was he wearing his E Street hat or did he take it off to go into the bar

Chet

« Reply #43 on: May 15, 2009, 12:10:16 PM »

No hat. I just had to consult the three second video clip on my phone that was meant to be a photo. He was wearing a pair of those huge and ridiculous vintage glasses that are all the rage these days.

dieblucasdie

« Reply #44 on: May 15, 2009, 01:24:38 PM »

The Hold Steady - Atlantic City

he was basically your only chance at making the world love you.
dieblucasdie

« Reply #45 on: May 15, 2009, 01:38:11 PM »

Golden Smog feat. Craig Finn - I Wanna Be Your Dog

I could do this all day

Ignatius

« Reply #46 on: May 15, 2009, 05:45:25 PM »

O rite. I got him and epollodiablo's trollin in this thread mixed up.

In this thread, you are the troll.
dieblucasdie

« Reply #47 on: May 15, 2009, 05:49:53 PM »

I mean, who the fuck listens to Nebraska and thinks, "WHERE IS THE SAX?"
« Last Edit: May 15, 2009, 06:32:13 PM by dieblucasdie » Logged

davy

« Reply #48 on: May 15, 2009, 05:56:29 PM »

Not I.

The drummer IS the foundation, p3wn.
diesel_powered

« Reply #49 on: May 17, 2009, 12:25:09 PM »

No hat. I just had to consult the three second video clip on my phone that was meant to be a photo. He was wearing a pair of those huge and ridiculous vintage glasses that are all the rage these days.

Considering the content of your average Lifter Puller track, I'm pretty sure he's got more than a little experience with people in that state.

she had me at "let's make a sandwich"
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Print
LPTJ | Last Plane Forums | In The Earbuds | Topic: Things that Craig Finn has done that are terrible
Jump to: