Home
Help
Search
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Aug 01, 2014, 08:26:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search: Advanced search
657809 Posts in 9259 Topics by 3396 Members Latest Member: - vlozan86 Most online today: 78 - most online ever: 494 (Jul 01, 2007, 02:59:53 PM)
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: The Lovely Pacific Northwest  (Read 8378 times)
cold before sunrise

« Reply #25 on: Aug 11, 2004, 06:04:06 AM »

temporarily stationed in alberta, i hail from victoria and can't wait to get back to the coast. for a place to spend the afternoon scoping records, you're right mackro, ditch is hot. there's also a spot in fan tan alley called the turntable with a good selection of vintage stuff. home to frog eyes... chet... run chico run... the unicorns were born in the same hole as me, on vancouver island, campbell river. it especially kills to have been away this summer after being at all tomorrow's parties in november and having nine/ten of the rockers i met there tell me how hopping portland is for new sound, i've seriously been meaning to spend more time down in that area and seattle since getting back to the westcoast a few years back. fuck though, anticipation only makes it better, right? guys?

Riding a tidal wave of whiskey on a surfboard made out of don't care.
mackro

« Reply #26 on: Aug 11, 2004, 11:18:52 AM »

Quote from: "derrick"
But Seattle feels so far away. It's weird, definitely.

I think having to deal with customs can count as an extra day... especially when you deal with the dunderheaded U.S. customs on the way back.

"Wow!  So are you a DJ?   Why did you buy so many records?   Do you plan to sell these off for profit using a computer resource?"

"Wow!  You sure bought a lot of records.  Did you bring any RAW BEEF back with you, sir?  (Me: "no")  May I double-check just in case you overlooked purchasing raw beef, sir?  *opens up my bags* (Me: "I'm, uh, vegetarian, I would never buy raw..."), well you can NEVER BE TOO CAREFUL these days, huh?  HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA."

i'm not sexiest yet know know
mackro

« Reply #27 on: Aug 11, 2004, 11:21:26 AM »

I say we cut out a chunk of the coast west of the Rockies, from as far south as Eureka/Arcata CA, and go as far as north as Prince Rupert, B.C., and we secede and call ourselves Cascadia.  What do you guys think?

(Note: this is not an original idea.)

justinh

« Reply #28 on: Aug 11, 2004, 11:44:40 AM »

the washington/bc border crossing is  piece of cake compared to to the minnesota/canada crossing near thunder bay or any other rural crossing up there.  since the border guards have nothing to do, they fuck with you endlessly.  i've had, on seperate occasions, a full background check taking about 2 hours, and a border guards talking to us about body cavity searches, because evidently that's fair play if you have incense in your car.  then the border guard started talking to us about woodstock for some random reason.  

in contrast, the washington/bc border guards didn't even take away our fruit that we weren't supposed to have and it took about 3 minutes.  of course, this is based on one border crossing, but i always have trouble crossing into canada through minnesota.
NedRaggett

« Reply #29 on: Aug 11, 2004, 03:46:29 PM »

Quote from: "mackro"
I say we cut out a chunk of the coast west of the Rockies, from as far south as Eureka/Arcata CA, and go as far as north as Prince Rupert, B.C., and we secede and call ourselves Cascadia.  What do you guys think?

Traitorous punk.  WE KNOW WHERE YOU LIVE.  Well, I do at least.

Just designate the capital of this new land as Thai Tom, and hold all press conferences there over meals.

"They profaned his Temple. They killed his father. They... all kinds of stuff."
Scott CE

« Reply #30 on: Aug 11, 2004, 04:24:10 PM »

http://zapatopi.net/cascadia.html

Do YOU speak Cascadese, DUDE?

I don't think there is enough room at Thai Tom's for a press conference, Ned.  Maybe we could eat there and hold our press conferences at Wingdome next door.
mackro

« Reply #31 on: Aug 11, 2004, 05:34:27 PM »

Well, clearly the ones behind the liberation and formation of Cascadia have decided to put the self titled capital way the fuck up there near Prince George!   Not exactly conducive to Thai Tom nor Wingdome meals.

At least keep the capital no more north than Whistler, fer crying out loud.

Scott CE

« Reply #32 on: Aug 11, 2004, 05:37:39 PM »

Well, that website also contains a refutation of the existence of Belgium, so they are obviously better qualified to locate capitals than I am.  I just do what I am told.  God Bless Cascadia.
graysick

« Reply #33 on: Aug 11, 2004, 06:58:35 PM »

Idaho stands tall! Come on, the most conservative/republican infensted state in the country.  Whats not to love?
Charming Tedious

« Reply #34 on: Aug 11, 2004, 09:22:09 PM »

I live in Walla Walla.  It's sorta deserty.

I grew up in Yakima WA.  It's pretty damn desert-like.

I'm thinking of moving to a bigger city.  I love it here but I've reached the age where finding someone to fall in love with and settle down with is a priority, and there just aren't a lot of weird queer boys in Walla Walla.
Roque

« Reply #35 on: Aug 12, 2004, 07:01:08 AM »

Quote from: "Charming Tedious"
I live in Walla Walla.  It's sorta deserty.

I grew up in Yakima WA.  It's pretty damn desert-like.

I'm thinking of moving to a bigger city.  I love it here but I've reached the age where finding someone to fall in love with and settle down with is a priority, and there just aren't a lot of weird queer boys in Walla Walla.

Whoa, another Yakima person, what are the chances. I recommend getting the hell outta Walla Walla, yes. I mean, aren't they building another prison or three over there? If not, it's only a matter of time before they do.

/////

And so it was that Pooh discovered that his friend Tigger was merely the representative of a reactionary class, and needed to be overthrown.
Casuistry

« Reply #36 on: Aug 18, 2004, 02:51:54 AM »

A lot of my friends went to Whitman in the mid-90s, and apparently there were about 7 queer boys in their class, and apparently they worked through all the permutations they could muster of sleeping with one another, and looked forward to graduation.

Surprisingly enough, I have never slept with any of them.

For some reason, I haven't made it out there yet, even though my bandmate used to work for K Dub etc. and we've been meaning to play a show there. Someday!
Charming Tedious

« Reply #37 on: Aug 18, 2004, 06:07:50 PM »

I'd be happy to set up a show for your band in walla walla, any time.  throw me an electronic mail at erickskn at whitman dot edu
heather
« Reply #38 on: Aug 19, 2004, 01:32:04 AM »

Ballard here. Who wants to barbeque? My yard is perfect for it.
mackro

« Reply #39 on: Aug 19, 2004, 03:01:18 AM »

Heh, I just came from Ballard to see the Cripples and the Lights play at Lila's in the historic downtown area...

BBQ hells yeeees.

In case you need any proof of why the NW roolz ok:

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2002008398_hempfest18m.html

and

http://www.cnn.com/2004/US/West/08/18/bear.beer.reut/index.html

Scott CE

« Reply #40 on: Aug 20, 2004, 12:20:41 PM »

That bear story is classic, especially for the picture.  I also love how the story makes it seem like Rainier, "a local ale" is a beer for true "beer sophisticates".

WHICH IT TOTALLY IS!!!!
joedevivre

« Reply #41 on: Aug 20, 2004, 12:22:50 PM »

Here's a slightly more in depth story on the bear, and it includes a slide show!

http://www.wral.com/news/3665389/detail.html
Matos_W.K.

« Reply #42 on: Aug 20, 2004, 11:30:39 PM »

I will second the bbq motion.

There is nothing wrong with sentimentality, provided itís genuine.
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
LPTJ | Last Plane Forums | Departure Lounge | Topic: The Lovely Pacific Northwest
Jump to: