Home
Help
Search
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Nov 28, 2014, 08:09:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search: Advanced search
658238 Posts in 9262 Topics by 3396 Members Latest Member: - vlozan86 Most online today: 53 - most online ever: 494 (Jul 01, 2007, 02:59:53 PM)
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: new graf up in re grind on willowtip  (Read 14026 times)
John
edit0r

« on: Jun 22, 2009, 09:01:03 AM »

defeatist
elpollodiablo

« Reply #1 on: Jun 22, 2009, 11:02:25 AM »

I'ma go grab some 'za and viz your art., bro

think 'on the road.'
Andrew_TSKS

« Reply #2 on: Jun 22, 2009, 11:06:53 AM »

Oh hey, I've been hearing about Defeatist for a while. I don't know why I haven't checked them out before. I will definitely do so now. Also, Willowtip has been a top of the line operation for at least a decade. They put out Creation Is Crucifixion's second LP back in the late 90s, and everything I've heard since has been blazing.

I just want to be myself and I want you to love me for who I am.
Thermofusion

« Reply #3 on: Jun 22, 2009, 11:34:01 AM »

This is good stuff! I'm metal-illiterate but this spoke to me...the words popping in my head listening to their myspace tracks were things like "businesslike efficiency" and "tight construction", which is how my tastes are skewing these days re: everything. 

Really like "White as Scars" and "Terminal Existence" especially, the snare abuse on the former is pretty amazing. The phrases "morse transmitter with a demon inside it" and "1960s IBM factory catching fire" also popped into my head, but I'm blaming those on the coffee.

Metal and -core dudes recommend more stuff like this please...stuff that's tightly-constructed and has a fetish for brevity..this kicks ass!

triple paisley minimum
lastclearchance

« Reply #4 on: Jun 22, 2009, 01:41:32 PM »

I am intrigued by this! Somebody should bump this thread when the LP comes out.

Quote from: cold before sunrise
Look, who's giving the report, YOU chowderheads or ME?
Ah_Pook

« Reply #5 on: Jun 22, 2009, 05:46:19 PM »

Metal and -core dudes recommend more stuff like this please...stuff that's tightly-constructed and has a fetish for brevity..this kicks ass!

sounds like you want some more grind action. you could check out this grind mix i made once, or here are a couple sweet albums you could check out (not all are necessarily similar to defeatist, im just kinda hitting top tier shit off the top of my head you know).

discordance axis - the inalienable dreamless
kill the client - wage slave
watchmaker - kill fucking everyone
insect warfare - world extinction
birdflesh - night of the ultimate mosh
repulsion - horrified
carcass - reek of putrefaction
gridlink - amber grey
machetazo - mundo cripta
gruesome stuff relish - teenage giallo grind

Blame it on the girls who know what to do
Blame it on the boys who keep hitting on you
WhereTheSlimeLive

« Reply #6 on: Jun 22, 2009, 06:39:40 PM »

KILL FUCKING EVERYONE

Puddle Pants
John
edit0r

« Reply #7 on: Jun 22, 2009, 07:13:59 PM »

gotta show love to insect warfare here

edit oh wait you got that

how many mc's must taste floor
before somebody screams "ah pook's hardcore"
Andrew_TSKS

« Reply #8 on: Jun 22, 2009, 07:53:38 PM »

Now that I'm listening to Defeatist, I gotta say this reminds me of Copeater, a band from Wisconsin that Jeb is friends with. Also a bit of Endless Blockade, though Endless Blockade have way more time and tempo shifts. You might also want to check out Drop Dead, especially their early stuff.

ellaguru

« Reply #9 on: Jun 22, 2009, 08:40:08 PM »

I liked Pook's mix. Everything I know about grind I learned from Pook's mix.

I also engaged in a rigorous study of philosophy and religion...but cheerfulness kept creeping in.
jebreject

« Reply #10 on: Jun 22, 2009, 08:46:09 PM »

Fuck yeah Copeater! That is awesome.

I think that record is OOP and if it is I will ask Tom if he minds if I upload it, 'cause yeah, I think some of y'all would dig it an awful lot.

I'm not racist, I've got lots of black Facebook friends.
John
edit0r

« Reply #11 on: Jun 22, 2009, 09:11:31 PM »

Now that I'm listening to Defeatist, I gotta say this reminds me of Copeater, a band from Wisconsin that Jeb is friends with. Also a bit of Endless Blockade, though Endless Blockade have way more time and tempo shifts. You might also want to check out Drop Dead, especially their early stuff.

well of course I am a proud owner of the drop dead/crossed out split 5"

I mean you know I gotta represent like that
milesofsparks

« Reply #12 on: Jun 22, 2009, 09:16:58 PM »

I liked Pook's mix. Everything I know about grind I learned from Pook's mix.

With some of my research and knowledge I am a little sure about it.
Thermofusion

« Reply #13 on: Jun 22, 2009, 09:49:06 PM »

Man thanks for that Pook -- downloading your mix now, ordered Sharp Blade Sinks Deep

triple paisley minimum
Andrew_TSKS

« Reply #14 on: Jun 23, 2009, 02:41:44 AM »

well of course I am a proud owner of the drop dead/crossed out split 5"

I mean you know I gotta represent like that

That thing is rare as fuck, but I own the Crossed Out discography LP (which itself goes for around $60 now... crazy), and my roommate has the Drop Dead 11 inch, which contains their tracks from that split, so I at least have access to it all. So there's that.

Crossed Out are pretty fucking great too. Kudos to you for bringing them up, John. I'd recommend their music to anyone reading this. Fucking blazing.

WhereTheSlimeLive

« Reply #15 on: Jun 24, 2009, 01:29:26 PM »

Drop Dead forever!

Puddle Pants
davy

« Reply #16 on: Jun 24, 2009, 08:14:48 PM »

Holy cow Defeatist is a great band name.

The drummer IS the foundation, p3wn.
Robert

« Reply #17 on: Jun 24, 2009, 10:24:26 PM »

Damn.
Ah_Pook

« Reply #18 on: Jun 25, 2009, 11:34:15 AM »

im not very into the hardcore end of the grind scene, but here are a couple bands somewhat more in that vein thermo. they might come closer to defeatist and what these other dudes are talking about i dunno

Benumb
Flesh Parade
Weekend Nachos
Pretty Little Flower
Victims
Parlamentarisk Sodomi

also check out Siege and Deep Wound for some sweet protogrind hardcore.

edit: let me reiterate that everyone in this thread that hasnt done so needs to hear Kill The Client - Wage Slave so bad. do whatever you gotta do, im pretty sure its OOP these days. fucking worth tracking down a copy. the albums theyve released since then are killer too but they dont match the concentrated fucking awesome of Wage Slave.
« Last Edit: Jun 25, 2009, 11:47:43 AM by Ah_Pook » Logged

Thermofusion

« Reply #19 on: Jun 25, 2009, 11:37:47 AM »

thanks dude!

triple paisley minimum
Ah_Pook

« Reply #20 on: Jun 28, 2009, 10:42:04 PM »

dang these guys are kinda awesome sounding. that makes 2 sweet grind bands from singapore!

http://www.myspace.com/wormrotgrind

edit: also, selfmadegod records is releasing a 4disc Cripple Bastards box set.

Selfmadegod Records is proud to announce releasing of CRIPPLE BASTARDS "Age Of Vandalism" complete dmeos 4CD-boxset this summer.

A deluxe digipack boxset featuring remastered versions of ALL the Cripple Bastards’ tapes released from 1988 to 1993 plus an incredible amount of unreleased tunes drawing the complete history of the Bastards on tape. This will include the four official demos, the split 7” with Violent Headache session (with extra unreleased tracks!), the whole 1988-1991 collection, all side projects, and basically HOURS of unreleased noise including pre-Cripple Bastards thrash from 1986/87!

A jump back to the late 1980s/early 1990s ultra-DIY noisecore spirit made of tape traders, cult labels like TNT & Records and Psychomania, and ear-damaging bands releasing zillions of tracks on terrific lo-fi demos, not giving a damn about studio productions and “I can’t hear the snare”-type pedant asses. 1,036 SONGS IN TOTAL—YOU ARE WARNED!

that shit is going to be incredible.

Shocked

also also, i listened to Symphonies Of Slackness by Captain Cleanoff like 5 times in a row the other day, speaking of some killer fucking grind. i mean cmon Symphonies of Slackness is a pretty rad name.
« Last Edit: Jun 28, 2009, 10:56:09 PM by Ah_Pook » Logged

jebreject

« Reply #21 on: Jun 28, 2009, 11:25:11 PM »

Dude, fuckin' Cripple Bastards rule so much.

I'm not racist, I've got lots of black Facebook friends.
davy

« Reply #22 on: Jun 28, 2009, 11:37:25 PM »

1,036 songs on 4 discs, what?

The drummer IS the foundation, p3wn.
Good Intentions

« Reply #23 on: Jun 28, 2009, 11:41:13 PM »

There are actually technical limitations that make 1,036 tracks on 4 CDs impossible: it'll have to have multiples songs per track. Quite a lot of them per track, in fact.
Ah_Pook

« Reply #24 on: Jun 28, 2009, 11:56:55 PM »

itll most likely be split up by the tapes/releases or whatever. i mean they would release split 7"s where their side would be like 40-50 songs in 10 minutes.

heres a random desctiption of a tape release from their website to give you an idea of what this is going to be
The first CB tape getting a decent distribution in the worldwide D.I.Y. scene and starting to bring us support + vinyl deals from foreign labels. Our side features the complete recording of CB's 1st show abroad >> at "Melody Festival" in Pula - Croatia - 7/8/1992. 44 trax in 12 minutes ...starts with GTB screaming "we're not musicians, we are Cripple Bastards!" then 1,2,3 blasting Noisecore till the end.

and an actual bunch of songs, for a more concrete example.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5dxmazN86A

Pages: [1] 2
Print
LPTJ | Last Plane Forums | Last Plane | Topic: new graf up in re grind on willowtip
Jump to: