Home
Help
Search
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Oct 24, 2014, 09:30:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search: Advanced search
658132 Posts in 9262 Topics by 3396 Members Latest Member: - vlozan86 Most online today: 61 - most online ever: 494 (Jul 01, 2007, 02:59:53 PM)
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9]
Print
Author Topic: general photography disussion  (Read 19902 times)
Bernard

« Reply #200 on: May 04, 2011, 07:56:01 PM »

I'm hanging out for an alphabet poster. I keep forgtting to run it past the bloke, but we oughta be able to put up some $$.

me too, how much is it?

Ha, see, and look how Julian Casablancas ended up!!!!
milesofsparks

« Reply #201 on: May 04, 2011, 08:57:17 PM »

the alphabet poster is $65 (including shipping). 

the project got a nice mention on Laughing Squid earlier this evening.  hooray!  all the layout and printing and posting and PR has meant I haven't gotten to go out and do much photography the last couple of weeks, though.  hopefully this weekend...

With some of my research and knowledge I am a little sure about it.
milesofsparks

« Reply #202 on: May 05, 2011, 10:29:13 AM »

here's the link again:  http://kck.st/kfOFqB
thanks to the LPTJ donors so far!  you guys are awesome.  also awesome:  getting a mention on Laughing Squid & MetaFilter.  yessssss!

milesofsparks

« Reply #203 on: May 05, 2011, 11:06:23 AM »

oh and if anyone can think of other blogs I should submit it to, please let me know. 

milesofsparks

« Reply #204 on: Sep 15, 2011, 11:01:55 AM »

oh gawd I am now putting together this photo show (opens next Friday!) and can't figure out the best way to put photos up on the wall.  it's not a clean-walled gallery space or anything--small, super quirky, crooked, etc.  I'm going to put up loads of photos all crowded up (probably around 75 on the little main wall and a few others on the other smaller walls), though possibly ordered in rows.  I think I'll paint the wall dark grey or maybe black.

anyway, too many photos to frame I think, so I'm trying to figure out the best way to put them up on the wall.  mounting them all to foam board of some kind would be possible but a HUGE amount of work.  I thought about just sticking them up with washi tape, but I think that might be too distracting since there are so many of them and they're pretty close together.  would it be dumb to just stick them up with double-sided tape? any other ideas or suggestions?

Ignatius

« Reply #205 on: Sep 15, 2011, 11:12:52 AM »

Volunteers!
Bernard

« Reply #206 on: Sep 15, 2011, 02:08:28 PM »

I believe this was hung in the gallery just like this, with bulldog clips. I was too scared to do that to my copy so I put a little tab of cork between the clip and the print:

Bernard

« Reply #207 on: Sep 15, 2011, 02:41:49 PM »

Yup:

milesofsparks

« Reply #208 on: Sep 16, 2011, 11:04:14 AM »

hmmm, interesting!  that's often how I hang things at home.  I think I may have to get the wall painted (which can't happen until Sunday or Monday night, since the previous show is up for one more weekend) and then try a couple of options and see how they look.  thanks!

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9]
Print
LPTJ | Last Plane Forums | White Courtesy Phone | Topic: general photography disussion
Jump to: