Home
Help
Search
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Nov 26, 2014, 07:40:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search: Advanced search
658237 Posts in 9262 Topics by 3396 Members Latest Member: - vlozan86 Most online today: 41 - most online ever: 494 (Jul 01, 2007, 02:59:53 PM)
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 ... 21
Print
Author Topic: I Came Upon A Child Of God (upcoming concerts)  (Read 35575 times)
diesel_powered

« Reply #200 on: Aug 30, 2009, 12:40:32 AM »

Damn, looks like they're playing here in the first week of October. Hopefully I won't have moved by then.

she had me at "let's make a sandwich"
Andrew_TSKS

« Reply #201 on: Aug 30, 2009, 01:31:33 AM »

I just bought two tickets to paradise, which is to say I am going to go see Faust and Sunn O))) next month.  Fuckin' Faust!  I never quite expected that would even be a possibility, but it's too cool that I'mma be there.

I love Can but have never delved further into krautrock. But Faust is playing here in six weeks or so, so I guess now is the perfect opportunity for Discovering Krautrock: Stage Two. I had always thought Neu! was supposed to be stage two and I would hit up Faust later down the line, but I suppose I can improvise and do Faust next instead.

Man, there are a ton of good shows coming up. Also just found out the Avett Brothers are coming up next month.

I'm not as huge into krautrock like I used to be, but Faust is a band I'll always love - the kind of band that makes me hate terms like "krautrock" in general, really.  Buy Faust So Far, though.  You won't regret it, it's an absolutely essential album.  Plus, I think they package the CD version with a copy of their S/T, so that's definitely cool.

And, yeah, Neu! is pretty cool too, for the record, but really, the be-all-end-all kraut record is the Sergius Golowin album whose title escapes me right now.

"Lord Krishna Von Goloka." I disagree, though--the ultimate Krautrock album for me is "Neu! 75." Unless it's "Ege Bamyasi" by Can.

I just want to be myself and I want you to love me for who I am.
mountmccabe

« Reply #202 on: Aug 30, 2009, 02:47:29 AM »

I was going to jokingly post a Scorpions album cover but they're all a little racy and I had no idea they started in 1969.

You know a pancake?
Andrew_TSKS

« Reply #203 on: Aug 30, 2009, 11:34:55 AM »

For future reference, this is the Scorpions cover to post in such situations:

I just want to be myself and I want you to love me for who I am.
ellaguru

« Reply #204 on: Aug 30, 2009, 12:35:15 PM »

I guess I'm going to the Virgin Fest today, got a free ticket. But I'm looking at the lineup, and honestly I'd rather go to the PWYC show of little local types at Sneakey Dee's instead. Who books these bands? Pet Shop Boys? Our Lady Peace? Nine Inch Nails? What am I, 38 years old? I mean, I am 38 years old, but shouldn't they be booking acts that are, I don't know, relevant in some way? But I'm going to hit up the Von Bondies and Plants & Animals on the side stage, so all will not be lost. And then I'll have to figure out whether to pop into the main tent to see NIN (who I'm sure actually will be good and I've never actually seen, which doesn't seem right), or ditch the fest for The Weather Station and Wilderness of Manitoba at Sneak's.

I also engaged in a rigorous study of philosophy and religion...but cheerfulness kept creeping in.
Robert

« Reply #205 on: Aug 30, 2009, 12:39:24 PM »

Marduk
Nachtmystium
Mantic Ritual
Merrimack

November 24th, Atlanta.

I'll be there.

Damn.
Nick Ink

« Reply #206 on: Aug 30, 2009, 01:43:57 PM »

I guess I'm going to the Virgin Fest today, got a free ticket. But I'm looking at the lineup, and honestly I'd rather go to the PWYC show of little local types at Sneakey Dee's instead. Who books these bands? Pet Shop Boys? Our Lady Peace? Nine Inch Nails? What am I, 38 years old? I mean, I am 38 years old, but shouldn't they be booking acts that are, I don't know, relevant in some way? But I'm going to hit up the Von Bondies and Plants & Animals on the side stage, so all will not be lost. And then I'll have to figure out whether to pop into the main tent to see NIN (who I'm sure actually will be good and I've never actually seen, which doesn't seem right), or ditch the fest for The Weather Station and Wilderness of Manitoba at Sneak's.

I was a big supporter of Wilderness' first album, but I didn't like the most recent one and somehow missed the second altogether.

Seest thou what happens, Laurence, when thou firk’st a stranger ‘twixt the buttocks?!
ellaguru

« Reply #207 on: Aug 30, 2009, 01:53:04 PM »

Ah, actually "The Wilderness of Manitoba" is all one band name - they are a new, unsigned band from here. Lush harmonies, pretty folk tunes, that sort of thing.

I also engaged in a rigorous study of philosophy and religion...but cheerfulness kept creeping in.
Nick Ink

« Reply #208 on: Aug 30, 2009, 02:03:59 PM »

Haha, oh right.  That sounds cool, but on the other hand a pity, 'cos my Wilderness looks like this:

Rockin' the LPTJ look.

Seest thou what happens, Laurence, when thou firk’st a stranger ‘twixt the buttocks?!
Nick Ink

« Reply #209 on: Aug 30, 2009, 03:20:21 PM »

Our once-every-month-if-we're-lucky night out just got sunk because our childminder's ill, so that's the end of seeing Magnolia Electric Co. for the first time. I am slightly irked, but we'll go out for dinner the following week instead, so I suppose it's all good really.

Killdozersnakeboy

« Reply #210 on: Sep 03, 2009, 03:14:08 AM »

"It's more easier to do it if you done it than what it is to explain it. Your middle part is all you move. There's a lot of 'em that does and no good about it"
narlus

« Reply #211 on: Sep 03, 2009, 10:12:56 PM »

wow, cool show!  how's the new axemen record?

Maaik

« Reply #212 on: Sep 03, 2009, 11:19:54 PM »

Marduk
Nachtmystium
Mantic Ritual
Merrimack

November 24th, Atlanta.

I'll be there.

Oh fuck!  Lemmie guess--Masquerade?

Robert, are you gonna see the Jesus Lizard in November here too?

I need anne the man lessons
Ignatius

« Reply #213 on: Sep 04, 2009, 03:07:11 PM »

BOADRUM 9 is coming upstate to this super-nuts experimental performing arts center across the river next week. It's only 10 bucks, I can't say no.
Trousers and Pat

« Reply #214 on: Sep 04, 2009, 07:53:01 PM »

With any luck, I'm going to the nyc jandek show on sunday. With susan alcorn, which sounds like a promising combo to me.

I practice nonviolence, but I preach... ALRIGHT
narlus

« Reply #215 on: Sep 05, 2009, 12:00:53 AM »

Axemen tour US!  holy shit!

ellaguru

« Reply #216 on: Sep 05, 2009, 02:29:36 PM »

+ Iris DeMent is playing a very folk nice venue near my house
-  It is sold out (the guy told me it was that fastest selling show he could remember there)
+ There will be standing room only tickets
-  I have to guess when they'll go on sale (the guy said maybe around a week before the gig or something)
+ The whole affair caused me to scare up Infamous Angel in the ol' iPod

diesel_powered

« Reply #217 on: Sep 08, 2009, 12:33:58 AM »

The Entrance Band is coming on Thursday. It's only $10 and they kicked tons of ass at Sonic Youth, but it's hard to get motivated to go to a shitty neighborhood to see a show by yourself.

she had me at "let's make a sandwich"
Robert

« Reply #218 on: Sep 08, 2009, 02:15:06 PM »

Oh fuck!  Lemmie guess--Masquerade?

Yep.

Robert, are you gonna see the Jesus Lizard in November here too?

I'm still on the fence regarding that.  I try to limit my trips down to Atlanta to once a month.  Not that I have anything against y'all, it's just that this country mouse can barely handle the big city of Athens, so I gotta work up to Atlanta.

Damn.
narlus

« Reply #219 on: Sep 08, 2009, 10:27:19 PM »

it's a room..not a city...

Killdozersnakeboy

« Reply #220 on: Sep 09, 2009, 12:48:57 AM »

wow, cool show!  how's the new axemen record?

I didn't know there was a new Axemen record. I know there's a few old albums being reissued by Siltbreeze. Will look into it.

I did hear the Axemen will be touring the states soon.

"It's more easier to do it if you done it than what it is to explain it. Your middle part is all you move. There's a lot of 'em that does and no good about it"
narlus

« Reply #221 on: Sep 09, 2009, 02:43:42 PM »

anyone else going to ATP/NY this weekend?

Ignatius

« Reply #222 on: Sep 09, 2009, 04:14:37 PM »

besides mountmccabe?
mountmccabe

« Reply #223 on: Sep 09, 2009, 07:22:50 PM »

My flight leaves in 6 hours!

You know a pancake?
Killdozersnakeboy

« Reply #224 on: Sep 11, 2009, 09:03:25 AM »

Lightning Bolt are coming! Me and my buddy are promoting the Auckland show. First international I've put on. Pretty excited!

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 ... 21
Print
LPTJ | Last Plane Forums | In The Earbuds | Topic: I Came Upon A Child Of God (upcoming concerts)
Jump to: