Home
Help
Search
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Aug 28, 2014, 09:22:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search: Advanced search
657921 Posts in 9260 Topics by 3396 Members Latest Member: - vlozan86 Most online today: 72 - most online ever: 494 (Jul 01, 2007, 02:59:53 PM)
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19
Print
Author Topic: Pavement Reunion?  (Read 33784 times)
Killdozersnakeboy

« Reply #375 on: Mar 01, 2010, 05:56:43 AM »

Just got home from the Pavement show. Two hours of total bliss. Very Happy Very Happy Heart

"It's more easier to do it if you done it than what it is to explain it. Your middle part is all you move. There's a lot of 'em that does and no good about it"
davy

« Reply #376 on: Mar 01, 2010, 08:30:04 AM »

Aw.  Very Happy

Tell us all about it!

The drummer IS the foundation, p3wn.
Killdozersnakeboy

« Reply #377 on: Mar 01, 2010, 03:50:11 PM »

This seems to be the set list picture floating around. Looks about right but they finished with Conduit For Sale. Elevate Me Later was in there somewhere as well. I just bopped up and down with a huge grin on my face the entire time.

Newark Wilder should be in there as well if I remember correctly.
« Last Edit: Mar 01, 2010, 04:11:59 PM by Killdozersnakeboy » Logged

"It's more easier to do it if you done it than what it is to explain it. Your middle part is all you move. There's a lot of 'em that does and no good about it"
narlus

« Reply #378 on: Mar 01, 2010, 03:51:22 PM »

has this been posted?  Klosterman interviews Malkmus:
http://www.gq.com/entertainment/music/201003/pavement-indie?printable=true

davy

« Reply #379 on: Mar 01, 2010, 03:55:46 PM »

This seems to be the set list picture floating around. Looks about right but they finished with Conduit For Sale. Elevate Me Later was in there somewhere as well. I just bopped up and down with a huge grin on my face the entire time.

It didn't show up for me, but I cut & pasted the URL. Looks like an awesome show!

I'm tickled that they're using the same method--same font, even--for drawing up their set lists, 10 years later.

Oh, that list includes "Elevate Me Later," it's just written up as "LSII."

davy

« Reply #380 on: Mar 01, 2010, 07:24:36 PM »

Atlanta date listed!!!!!!!

The Tabernacle, Sept. 26. Woooo!

I'm online with LiveNation right now trying to figure out when tix go on sale.

davy

« Reply #381 on: Mar 01, 2010, 08:53:34 PM »

People.

I can't believe that we--as a musically-inclined internet community--don't have more to say about the fact that PAVEMENT PLAYED A SHOW LAST NIGHT.

Maaik

« Reply #382 on: Mar 01, 2010, 09:24:27 PM »

This Friday.

I need anne the man lessons
mixed cats

« Reply #383 on: Mar 01, 2010, 09:31:24 PM »

People.

I can't believe that we--as a musically-inclined internet community--don't have more to say about the fact that PAVEMENT PLAYED A SHOW LAST NIGHT.
i was too busy squealing and clapping my hands to type any intelligible information

call me, and we'll sit down and work it out
over pancakes and orange juices
davy

« Reply #384 on: Mar 01, 2010, 09:32:37 PM »

This Friday.

Yeah, I saw that, too, but the LiveNation guy said the show isn't even in their database yet.

reebty

« Reply #385 on: Mar 04, 2010, 11:18:57 PM »

Oh my God, Pavementgasm!

The sound wasn't great, they didn't play Rattled By the Rush or Type Slowly and they didn't play Elevate Me Later particularly well. Basically it wasn't the trascendental experience I'd unrealistically hoped it would be, but just because it didn't live up to my hopes doesn't mean it didn't live up to - and in fact exceed - my expectations. From listening to bootlegs, I've never considered Pavement a great live band, or at least not consistently great. I'm prepared to go along with Malkmus' claim that one in three of their shows sucked. I don't know if I got one of the good ones or if they've ironed out the kinks through constant rehearsal and hindsight, but it sure was great overall. My prediction that they would open with Cream of Gold was way off (they didn't even play it), but my closing prediction of Perfume V would have been correct if they hadn't played a second encore (well worth it for almost any two songs, but the fact that they played Fin blew me away).

Here's what they played, but not in order.

Summer Babe (encore, I think)
Trigger Cut
In the Mouth a Desert
Conduit for Sale! (main set closer)
Zurich is Stained
Here (encore)
Perfume V (first encore closer)
First 4 songs from CRCR (Silence Kit was opener)
Unfair
Gold Soundz
Range Life
We Dance (encore)
Grounded
Father to a Sister of Thought
Kennel District
Stereo
Shady Lane (encore)
Date w/ Ikea
Fin (2nd encore)
Spit on a Stranger (2nd encore closer)
The Hexx (played "And Then" style)
Debris Slide (encore)
Frontwards

I might not be right about what was in the first encore, 'cause it looks as if there are too many, but the above songs and no others were all definitely played at some point in the evening.

edit: Decided Fight This Generation probably wasn't in the encore. It may have been the penultimate song in the main set.
« Last Edit: Mar 04, 2010, 11:34:41 PM by reebty » Logged
davy

« Reply #386 on: Mar 05, 2010, 12:03:58 AM »

10 hours from now, I will hopefully have my ticket.

What were the prices like down there?

Killdozersnakeboy

« Reply #387 on: Mar 05, 2010, 02:21:34 AM »

10 hours from now, I will hopefully have my ticket.

What were the prices like down there?

Mine was NZ$90. Which likely sounds expensive but when you take into account the exchange rate and the $$ involved in getting down here it wasn't too bad. More than I'd usually pay for a show though.

davy

« Reply #388 on: Mar 05, 2010, 10:04:53 AM »

I set my fucking alarm for ten minutes ago, logged on to this here fucking computer, queued up fucking "Silence Kid" on iTunes, hit up Ticketmaster's website, hit the refresh button about 25 times, and here I am, 2 minutes after the tickets go on sale, BASKING IN MY GREAT VICTORY.

davy

« Reply #389 on: Mar 09, 2010, 12:36:39 PM »

Hey people who have already seen Pavement: what's the merch situation like? New t-shirts, etc? Stickers at the table? I need both.

I'm really hoping that Pavement tapped American Apparel for the t-shirts this time around.

reebty

« Reply #390 on: Mar 09, 2010, 10:59:50 PM »

They had about four or five different t-shirts available at the Enmore in Sydney, including one with the guy from Wowee Zowee saying "Pavement Ist Rad", one with an army marching, one that said "This Pavement Reunion Ist Rad" and one that said "Pavement' in goofy lettering. I got the first one. They also had Brighten the Corners and Terror Twilight stickers. I didn't buy a sticker. I was tempted, but I've always thought $5 for a sticker is highway robbery. They also had posters, but those had run out before I had a chance to get one. Overall, it was probably the best merch situation I've seen outside a festival.

And to answer your earlier question, my ticket was $AU73.50 plus booking fee.
reebty

« Reply #391 on: Mar 09, 2010, 11:50:39 PM »

Off topic, but of course the merch desk I most wish I could have patronised was the one at Damo Suzuki and the Holy Soul, which I considered seeing, but didn't. Apparently Suzuki himself was manning the desk during Tex Perkins' supporting set. That would have been great. Ain't nothin' like a conversation between a mumbler and a guy who speaks broken English.
sashwap

« Reply #392 on: Mar 10, 2010, 12:40:13 PM »

some old pavement gems on youtube:

"trigger cut" live in 91: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wa5mNYSu-Ic
"stereo" on conan o'brien: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrJyTeuQCzo
davy

« Reply #393 on: Mar 10, 2010, 02:18:13 PM »

I remember waiting all week for that Conan appearance!

davy

« Reply #394 on: Mar 11, 2010, 12:31:52 AM »

Whoever doesn't already have them, Matador is offering an incredible deal on the new Pavement vinyl reissues:

SPECIAL BUNDLE DEAL FOR A LIMITED TIME: GET ALL 5 LPs PLUS WATERY EP FOR $50. HERE.

Maaik

« Reply #395 on: Mar 11, 2010, 06:37:59 AM »

Y'know, I wish I still had the Pavement tee I bought when I saw them on the Terror Twilight tour.  It was the medieval tapestry-lookin one w/ three guys, one playing an organ, guy playing lute, some kinda flautist.  Said Pavement.  Nice khaki color.  That'd be a good shirt to still have, but I have no idea.

narlus

« Reply #396 on: Mar 11, 2010, 10:09:00 AM »

Boston pre-sale just went live, and i got some awesome seats...the credit card verification bullshit at the end almost gave me a heart attack though.  what the hell?

mixed cats

« Reply #397 on: Mar 11, 2010, 10:27:45 AM »

Y'know, I wish I still had the Pavement tee I bought when I saw them on the Terror Twilight tour.  It was the medieval tapestry-lookin one w/ three guys, one playing an organ, guy playing lute, some kinda flautist.  Said Pavement.  Nice khaki color.  That'd be a good shirt to still have, but I have no idea.
I still have mine of that, except I got it on blue.

call me, and we'll sit down and work it out
over pancakes and orange juices
Maaik

« Reply #398 on: Mar 11, 2010, 11:59:50 AM »

Aw damn.  That is a nice shirt.  Can I have yours?

davy

« Reply #399 on: Mar 11, 2010, 12:14:59 PM »

I don't know if I've seen that one. I bought several on the Terror Twilight tour--a khaki t-shirt with a skeleton holding a towel in front of nekkid lady, a black t-shirt with a reflective silver cityscape and art deco lettering, and a green one with a hooded figure standing in front of a map of Ghana (I think).

My favorite is still the navy blue Pavement/Paveme˝t one from the Brighten tour.

Actually, I think the khaki skeleton one was from Brighten, too. I also had the standard album cover design shirt from that tour.

The only two that have survived are the Ghana and Paveme˝t ones.

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19
Print
LPTJ | Last Plane Forums | In The Earbuds | Topic: Pavement Reunion?
Jump to: