Home
Help
Search
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Sep 17, 2014, 01:34:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search: Advanced search
658004 Posts in 9261 Topics by 3396 Members Latest Member: - vlozan86 Most online today: 60 - most online ever: 494 (Jul 01, 2007, 02:59:53 PM)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 23
Print
Author Topic: Saturday night and I just got paid: upcoming concerts  (Read 54998 times)
Swimmy

« Reply #75 on: Oct 08, 2010, 03:19:56 PM »

Going to see Gayngs tonight and Built to Spill on Friday and then Built to Spill again on Tuesday!
See you at BTS tonight I guess? Or probably not because I don't think I know what you look like?

A Gentile and a tax collector.
DCDave

« Reply #76 on: Oct 08, 2010, 03:45:31 PM »

Going to see Gayngs tonight and Built to Spill on Friday and then Built to Spill again on Tuesday!
See you at BTS tonight I guess? Or probably not because I don't think I know what you look like?

Same!

But what the fuck do I know, I have a penis.
Swimmy

« Reply #77 on: Oct 08, 2010, 03:53:19 PM »

Same!
Well hey, I look like this (not the pretty one). 9:30 club is kind of a big place, but if you see a kid who looks like that (I'll wear the same jacket), it is probably me and you should say "wassup."

Maaik

« Reply #78 on: Oct 08, 2010, 06:37:39 PM »

Halfway through this Marnie Stern album and I was Googling around for more info.  Sure enough, she's playing Atlanta on October 28.  I'm so there.

I need anne the man lessons
ellaguru

« Reply #79 on: Oct 08, 2010, 06:46:07 PM »

She does a crazy show. I saw her I guess two albums ago. Basically she did a guitar solo for an hour while Zach Hill  did a drum solo for an hour at the same time (I think either he or some bit of his kit was broken, but I don't exactly remember), and the bass player kind of just played bass. I think she might have been too badass for the friends I went with, but I thought she was pretty fun.

I also engaged in a rigorous study of philosophy and religion...but cheerfulness kept creeping in.
Ignatius

« Reply #80 on: Oct 09, 2010, 01:30:47 AM »

I read in the NY Times that Zach Hill is not playing on the current tour (or at least not at the NYC show that was reviewed.) Not that that should influence you to not go, but just in case ella set up unreachable Zach Hill expectations.
auto-da-fey

« Reply #81 on: Oct 15, 2010, 04:39:30 PM »

it has been YEARS since I've had an upcoming-concerts list with more than maybe two entries for an entire six-month period, but for the rest of 2010, looks like I have:

Extra Lens
Guided by Voices
Kurt Vile
Insane Clown Posse (the girl says "i'm worried we might die at this show. are there any girls at these things or should i strap down my tits and wear something baggy?")
and maybe Enslaved/Dimmu Borgir, if it can be worked in (on my birthday!)

almost saw Ghostface last night too, but alas, did not.
hannah

« Reply #82 on: Oct 17, 2010, 08:51:25 PM »

OK, I'll bite: Why are you going to see ICP?
auto-da-fey

« Reply #83 on: Oct 17, 2010, 09:52:03 PM »

man, do I wish there were a better answer to that than "when you get high and listen to 'Miracles' too many times and then get kind of obsessed with the ICP and then suddenly they're playing near your apartment and there's a deal where the tix are cheap and you even get a free shirt, it seems like an awesome idea to toss back a few shots and rock the juggalo scene," but . . . nope, there's not.
mixed cats

« Reply #84 on: Oct 17, 2010, 10:03:37 PM »

We might be going to Extra Lens as well depending on how much other stuff we have to do.

I DO NOT RECOMMEND ICP mostly because I'm imagining the four juggalos I knew in high school and multiplying them by however big that venue is and it makes me want to die. One of them stole pizza from my friends! WHO STEALS PIZZA?! JUGGALOS, THAT IS WHO.

call me, and we'll sit down and work it out
over pancakes and orange juices
Ignatius

« Reply #85 on: Oct 17, 2010, 10:18:43 PM »

man, do I wish there were a better answer to that than "when you get high and listen to 'Miracles' too many times and then get kind of obsessed with the ICP and then suddenly they're playing near your apartment and there's a deal where the tix are cheap and you even get a free shirt, it seems like an awesome idea to toss back a few shots and rock the juggalo scene," but . . . nope, there's not.

I agree with this line of reasoning. I hope it's a fun nightmare and not a nightmare nightmare.
auto-da-fey

« Reply #86 on: Oct 17, 2010, 10:20:55 PM »

yeah, that's pretty low, but I mean, I'm just sort of bummed that I skipped them when they played a hockey rink in my minnesota hometown of 3000 back in the mid-90s, and since I missed the chance to get it out of my system way back then because I was on my punk high horse, I guess this is my chance.

also, we're hitting the Extra Lens show in NYC; wanted to do Philly, but I'm stuck in New Jersey all week.

x-posted; yeah, I'm still learning the whole narrative of nightmares and carnivals and fucking miracles, but I agree.
Good Intentions

« Reply #87 on: Oct 18, 2010, 03:35:00 AM »

Great, now you made me watch the 'Miracles' video again. Fuck you, adf.
Good Intentions

« Reply #88 on: Oct 18, 2010, 03:38:21 AM »

'Magic up everywhere in this bitch'

I blame you, adf, but really, I can only blame myself.
Trousers and Pat

« Reply #89 on: Oct 19, 2010, 09:52:30 AM »

This friday I have Tetuzi Akiyama, Chris Forsyth, and Josef Van Wissem
aside from that not much else, but still...  Cool

I practice nonviolence, but I preach... ALRIGHT
YojimboMonkey

« Reply #90 on: Oct 19, 2010, 09:57:40 AM »

'Magic up everywhere in this bitch'

I blame you, adf, but really, I can only blame myself.

Feel better, GI

Anus-licking causes sepsis; if not given antibiotics within a half hour, they perish.
narlus

« Reply #91 on: Oct 19, 2010, 09:59:26 AM »

The Belle & Sebastian/Dean Wareham plays Galaxie 500 show was amazing.

gonna see Gary Numan this week, and possibly the High on Fire/Torche/Kylesa show sat night.

Swimmy

« Reply #92 on: Oct 20, 2010, 02:19:08 PM »

Gonna see Brass Bed, a friend's band, in DC tomorrow. Every time I've seen them it's been great fun. (Last time I got to go on stage at the Black Cat with The Cassettes.) Plus they have a new album out. I think these days I prefer these kinds of shows.

Black Amnesia of Heaven

« Reply #93 on: Oct 20, 2010, 06:16:54 PM »

also, we're hitting the Extra Lens show in NYC; wanted to do Philly, but I'm stuck in New Jersey all week.

I have been trying to get tickets to this show, and I have been failing spectacularly. Regardless, I hope something comes through. We could meet up! It would be like one of those internet meet-up things that are never weird!

lucky strike

« Reply #94 on: Oct 21, 2010, 09:13:38 PM »

going to see bts tonight for free! h toooown

LISTEN TO ME YOU SON OF A BITCH IM A DETECTIVE GOD DAMN IT
heather

« Reply #95 on: Oct 22, 2010, 06:57:07 PM »

Russian Circles, Keel Haul, and Call Me Lightning on the 27th.

"Oh, you're talking about a cock donut. Why didn't you say so."
auto-da-fey

« Reply #96 on: Oct 28, 2010, 11:15:00 AM »

This fall, Dos Equis presents The Most Interesting Show in the World hosted by party aficionado, Andrew W.K.

Featuring exotic acts cast from the most notorious parties and celebrations from around the world, this year's show will deliver the excitement to 17 cities! Join Andrew W.K. with the likes of Hungarian escape artist, The Great Merlini, Cherie Lily, the incredible Ice Sisters and other indescribable acts of extreme entertainment!

This is free tomorrow night. I just reserved tickets. Then I realized I'm already committed to dining out with my lady and her nice but, um, less-fun-than-AWK friends. Well, phhttt.
mixed cats

« Reply #97 on: Oct 28, 2010, 12:04:33 PM »

I just got an email about that! It sounds awesome!

call me, and we'll sit down and work it out
over pancakes and orange juices
Maaik

« Reply #98 on: Oct 28, 2010, 08:37:38 PM »

About to head out to see Marnie Stern. Looking forward to gawping at her hands.

I need anne the man lessons
DCDave

« Reply #99 on: Nov 01, 2010, 01:08:16 PM »

Frightened Rabbit tonight
Dawes on Wednesday

But what the fuck do I know, I have a penis.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 23
Print
LPTJ | Last Plane Forums | In The Earbuds | Topic: Saturday night and I just got paid: upcoming concerts
Jump to: