Home
Help
Search
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Aug 23, 2014, 07:36:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search: Advanced search
657909 Posts in 9260 Topics by 3396 Members Latest Member: - vlozan86 Most online today: 68 - most online ever: 494 (Jul 01, 2007, 02:59:53 PM)
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20
Print
Author Topic: Have You Heard the Ocarina of Rhyme by Team Teamwork? (New Hip-Hop Thread)  (Read 24352 times)
shai faithe

« Reply #350 on: Dec 04, 2010, 03:45:57 PM »

It says you've taught your daughter the value of, respectively, hard work and positive thinking.
could be. those are definitely the first two things i think of when i consider wayne and jeezy.
or it could be the synths. who knows.

ohhh kayyyy, so i've been listening to more lil b for the past day than is probably actually allowed by law slash the fda.
so umm obviously it's probably the best thing since some dude in the bronx decided he could say syllables the same time as drums.  but i really really really don't get all of the dick-sucking bitch-fucking action versus how based is supposed to be super positive and uplifting.  helpful people help?
plus, i've been basically addicted youtube (via lil b), is ALL of this stuff on his tapes, somewhere, somehow?
« Last Edit: Dec 04, 2010, 10:51:54 PM by shai faithe » Logged

Antero

« Reply #351 on: Dec 05, 2010, 12:20:59 AM »

It's not ALL on a tape.  There's a lot of it all over.  Finding it is part of the fun though!

The bitch-fucking and dick-sucking ties back to the #based principles of automatic speech and the interrogation of rap braggadocio.  Also, he just has six million bitches on his dick.  That's the way of things.

Quote from: nonotyet
this has been OPINIONS IN CAPSLOCK
shai faithe

« Reply #352 on: Dec 05, 2010, 12:30:17 AM »

oh i see. i sort of figured, being as i'm the same way.
hey
why don't people listen to more b.g.?
i just decided that he's actually the best thing about late 90s cash money.

Black Amnesia of Heaven

« Reply #353 on: Dec 05, 2010, 10:58:12 AM »

I think the new Kanye west cd is full of amazing music and mediocre to bad rapping. Unfortunate. If I ever track down an instrumental version of that album I will listen to it a lot.

People who come out looking best on that record are Nicki Minaj, Rick Ross, and Raekwon.

Would not have been my immediate picks for "best MCs on the Kanye record," given the whole list of guests. Kanye's been on a downward trend for years (I argued with someone recently, however, that the downward trend, once upon a time, was really fucking funny, i.e. his verse in "Knock You Down"), and super-lazy Jay verses are just something I've grown accustomed to.

Pusha T's super boring verse on "Runaway" is by far the worst part of the song. I would like to register myself as a fan of long crying vocoder solos.
« Last Edit: Dec 05, 2010, 10:59:43 AM by Black Amnesia of Heaven » Logged

shai faithe

« Reply #354 on: Dec 05, 2010, 12:34:37 PM »

Would not have been my immediate picks for "best MCs on the Kanye record," given the whole list of guests. Kanye's been on a downward trend for years (I argued with someone recently, however, that the downward trend, once upon a time, was really fucking funny, i.e. his verse in "Knock You Down"), and super-lazy Jay verses are just something I've grown accustomed to.
seriously?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMH9ivKyRog - maybach music pt. 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVA-xTBeHyM - run this town
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZocrHzjjwVU - live fast die young
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3LD98c-9fGY - kinda like a big deal
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAaxrVtsMXQ - power remix
i could go on, but basically dude is a total beast.  it'd be waaay more accurate to say that he's been on an upward trend.  just go back and listen to college dropout (which i consider a classic anyhow) and compare his skills on that to what he's doing now.  however, the fact remains that he doesn't really bring that to the table on this album.  there are a few cuts ("fantasy" and "devil" and "all of the lights") that are pretty good, but definitely not among his best work.
also, there is no way at all to say that ross comes away looking anything, but average on this album.  he has four bars on "monster" (why is he even there), and his "devil" verse has absolutely nothing to with kanye's. it's totally off topic.

kyle

« Reply #355 on: Dec 05, 2010, 12:45:59 PM »

If you are citing Kanye's verse in Run This Town as an example of a rapper who is a "total beast" then I think we have two very different opinions. Which is okay, I don't think less of you, we just shouldn't take each others' advice.

Quote from: Kanye
It's crazy how you can go from being Joe-Blow
To everybody on your dick no homo

I mean... ugh.

Jeb, you know you live in the age of internet thievery, right?
yeah but i like holding things
shai faithe

« Reply #356 on: Dec 05, 2010, 02:05:05 PM »

If you are citing Kanye's verse in Run This Town as an example of a rapper who is a "total beast" then I think we have two very different opinions. Which is okay, I don't think less of you, we just shouldn't take each others' advice.

Quote from: Kanye
It's crazy how you can go from being Joe-Blow
To everybody on your dick no homo

I mean... ugh.
maybe true, but really, that's the first line, and probably the worst in the verse.  compounding that, i'd say that "run this town" is the worst verse of those that i posted. if you're looking to point out garbage, we can do that all day with any rapper, no matter how great.
really, as a posted a few pages back, he basically blacks out on the "power (remix)" verse.  and to say that a guy who does that kind of work, with fair regularity, isn't a good rapper, is mind-boggling to me.
though, if you're only down with old conscious kanye, then i could see why you might take issue with his writing, and feel that he's on a downward course.

Antero

« Reply #357 on: Dec 05, 2010, 05:58:36 PM »

I think Diddy's album might turn out to be better than Kanye's.

Black Amnesia of Heaven

« Reply #358 on: Dec 05, 2010, 07:12:43 PM »

I think Diddy's album might turn out to be better than Kanye's.

10. Angels (featuring The Notorious B.I.G.)

Antero

« Reply #359 on: Dec 05, 2010, 08:32:00 PM »

Okay yeah admittedly what the fuck, but have you heard "Hello, Good Morning"?  Banger.  Certified.

shai faithe

« Reply #360 on: Dec 08, 2010, 12:54:20 AM »

yessssss. first single.
http://soundcloud.com/codie-global/g-side-ft-g-mane-relaxin-500-twitter-folowers

also, big sean.  what the fuck is up with this dude? really good rapper.  really funny.  sort of offensive. 

Andrew_TSKS

« Reply #361 on: Dec 08, 2010, 12:00:08 PM »

A new writer for RVA just interviewed him but hasn't turned the interview in yet. Not sure exactly what the guy's deal is but he's apparently on Kanye's label?

I just want to be myself and I want you to love me for who I am.
Antero

« Reply #362 on: Dec 08, 2010, 12:20:29 PM »

I'm not sure what his appeal is besides being on Kanye songs.  Raps better than Cyhi the Prince, though.  That guy is just awful.

shai faithe

« Reply #363 on: Dec 08, 2010, 12:28:54 PM »

only reason i posted was because of this track.
i liked him on "good friday," but not so much to really take notice.  but "big nut bust" is pretty damn good through and through.  this is like the year of really great immature rap.

shai faithe

« Reply #364 on: Dec 16, 2010, 12:11:30 AM »

holy shit! wooh da kid's tape "black out" is great on first glance! more investigation required.
these beats are. just. unbelievable.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zl_D-WkDAw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrJPOFJmZ0U
same producer. holy shit.

Antero

« Reply #365 on: Dec 16, 2010, 01:36:05 AM »

Damn!  I like it!

Babar

« Reply #366 on: Dec 16, 2010, 01:52:49 AM »

If this album is good, it would be the 4th great album in the last two years called "black out" or variation thereof.

Oh man, I'm gonna have cause to regret this post. I know it.
Antero

« Reply #367 on: Dec 16, 2010, 02:09:03 AM »

Hah!  It's a pretty reliable title.  Last year had BlaQKout, Blackout 2, The Blaqprint...

Similarly, I can name four different rock songs called "Shine A Light," and they're all good.

Antero

« Reply #368 on: Dec 16, 2010, 02:20:10 AM »

Going through it right now.  First listen, "Body Bags" is swag, some of the other tracks sound kind of like Waka-lite.  Which isn't a bad thing per se.  I just want more shouting sometimes.  Waka has that energy and charm, the difference is clear.

Antero

« Reply #369 on: Dec 16, 2010, 02:48:03 AM »

"Puff Pass" is the only use of fake patois that I've approved of in a minute.

shai faithe

« Reply #370 on: Dec 16, 2010, 03:06:19 PM »

there are some seriously choice cuts on this thing.  "body bag" is like...i haven't heard a beat that i like this much since i don't know when.
overall though it's too one note.  i know that people say that about brick squad in general, but it ain't true.  waka's album had some deliciously great tracks NOT about shooting people. and those cuts, combined with it's short running time made for a pretty stunning record.  even now months after having first heard it, i still really enjoy it (i can't say the same for mbdtf).  but black out doesn't have anything to break up the gun talk, plus it's how long? it's a biiiit of a slog from banger to banger.
still though. southside on the track? what the fuck? who is this genius?  also, remember when producers started doing drops? now their doing drops in their own names? huh?

Andrew_TSKS

« Reply #371 on: Dec 16, 2010, 04:27:17 PM »

"Puff Pass" is the only use of fake patois that I've approved of in a minute.

Bad Brains had a fake patois
KRS-One had a fake patois...

I just want to be myself and I want you to love me for who I am.
Trousers and Pat

« Reply #372 on: Dec 16, 2010, 08:42:33 PM »

soulja boy turn my swag on

I like this song though. every day.

I practice nonviolence, but I preach... ALRIGHT
Babar

« Reply #373 on: Dec 16, 2010, 11:00:49 PM »

Hah!  It's a pretty reliable title.  Last year had BlaQKout, Blackout 2, The Blaqprint...

Similarly, I can name four different rock songs called "Shine A Light," and they're all good.

Also, it's not rap but,

Oh man, I'm gonna have cause to regret this post. I know it.
Antero

« Reply #374 on: Dec 17, 2010, 07:51:51 PM »

Babar, you are my #1 favorite poptimist.
soulja boy turn my swag on

I like this song though. every day.
Soulja Boy is a horrible biter, but he's been hanging out with the right people recently.  "30 Thousand 100 Million"?  Yessss.

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20
Print
LPTJ | Last Plane Forums | In The Earbuds | Topic: Have You Heard the Ocarina of Rhyme by Team Teamwork? (New Hip-Hop Thread)
Jump to: