Home
Help
Search
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Dec 19, 2014, 09:17:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search: Advanced search
658302 Posts in 9264 Topics by 3396 Members Latest Member: - vlozan86 Most online today: 64 - most online ever: 494 (Jul 01, 2007, 02:59:53 PM)
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 ... 20
Print
Author Topic: Have You Heard the Ocarina of Rhyme by Team Teamwork? (New Hip-Hop Thread)  (Read 25196 times)
Antero

« Reply #200 on: Sep 18, 2010, 01:32:51 AM »

Read about him, downloaded a little, have not really started digging.  Any particular track I should check?  He seems rather generic-bay-g on first blush.

Quote from: nonotyet
this has been OPINIONS IN CAPSLOCK
shai faithe

« Reply #201 on: Sep 18, 2010, 10:46:32 AM »

could be. you know more about the bay than me.  i think what really blew me away was that "93 til infinity" cut.  the rest of the tracks even just on that first page are laudable.  "grant station" is wonderful (except for its chorus), as is "i'll be there in a minute." i like "blowin dro" a lot.  jury's out on "tonite show killa." that "cry" snippet feels pretty epic.  most of the material before that, which is more synth based, and might appear on that first tonite show tape, is pretty passable except "life part 2," which is something i would have loved to have when the weather was a bit warmer (dude needs some help with choruses though), and "love where i'm from."
to be honest, i just see him all the time on southern hospitality, decided to finally check it out, and think he's pretty damn dope and deserving of the attention he's getting on there. i actually have no idea what the guy's discog looks like at this time. it seems as though the most recent stuff is the best. edit: just found definition of gas and hustla movement vol. 2.  what did you download?
and yeah this main attrakionz tape is really fucking good.
« Last Edit: Sep 19, 2010, 06:25:54 PM by shai faithe » Logged

Antero

« Reply #202 on: Sep 22, 2010, 01:24:32 AM »

I just grabbed a couple random tracks somewhere, don't quite recall.  I'll definitely give him another look [I've been listening to pretty much just 'pac for the past couple days].

---

CHECK THIS SHIT

Young L - L.E.N. Mixtape

L is a fucking incredible producer.  Holy shit.  Check "Headed To The Money."  Or like every other track on here.

shai faithe

« Reply #203 on: Sep 22, 2010, 12:46:45 PM »

yeah i'm starting to ease into this west coast young kid shit.  i've listened to that main attrakionz tape like i don't how many times.
and those gully tapes are mostly eh, but there are a few real standout tracks.  he's obviously a good emcee who needs better beats, because when his beats are on, it's pretty killer stuff.
aaannddd
YES.

Antero

« Reply #204 on: Sep 22, 2010, 02:08:54 PM »

What are the best tracks to look at?

shai faithe

« Reply #205 on: Sep 23, 2010, 08:13:21 PM »

i'm hesitant to recommend individual tracks since we have pretty different tastes, but the ones i posted up above are all good. from definition of gas: live this shit, night shift, 93 til infinity (best on the tape), blowin dro, all day, str8 up menace, till the day i die, refused, cry, never blink, wonderful.  not all of those are a level, but they're all b+ or above.
combing through the hustla movement and tonite show as i write.

dieblucasdie

« Reply #206 on: Sep 23, 2010, 09:27:56 PM »

Hey, so I've never entirely been on-board with Gucci, and not for lack of trying, but on first listen The Appeal is pretty fucking bangin'.  It helps that Bun B shows up within the first two minutes.

he was basically your only chance at making the world love you.
Thermofusion

« Reply #207 on: Sep 24, 2010, 01:06:05 PM »

Fuck yeah! I just logged into lptj to talk about it! I'm lovin it.

triple paisley minimum
shai faithe

« Reply #208 on: Sep 27, 2010, 05:14:20 PM »

"white lion in the house we named it miley cyrus."
not so much into the new gucci though.  i think i'm giving up on gucci.  i really like his guest spots (and his constantly multi-tracked vocals), but dude isn't innovative or charismatic enough to warrant any attention.  not to mention he's totally mush-mouthed.  (don't want that to come across like i'm hating on other cats for liking gucci.)
anyway:
new big pope is nice.  the new wayne album is only a third good.  seems to have been rushed out for who knows what reason.
and lastly, g-side's slowly promoting the release of their next album the one for 1.1.11, and if the last few tracks they've released ("impossible," "back 2 the future," "money in the sky," "i'm sorry") are any indication of the type of material they've got for the next abum, this shit is going to be absolutely phenomenal.  those tracks i just listed are actually better than anything on their first two, which is saying a lot. clova's mixtape, the koolest kid has those g-side cuts i mentioned, plus is a pretty rad tape in its own right. clova has a handful of tracks on it that he produced and i must say he's a pretty excellent producer, part bangladesh, part swizz, part young l.
« Last Edit: Sep 28, 2010, 09:39:01 PM by shai faithe » Logged

Antero

« Reply #209 on: Oct 01, 2010, 04:04:14 PM »

What the fuck, how did Wayne drop an album without me noticing?

Also, I really don't want to hear a track called "Gonorrhea" with Drake on it.

YojimboMonkey

« Reply #210 on: Oct 01, 2010, 04:32:23 PM »

Also it turns out the release date was his birthday, which was also my birthday, although I am like 12 years older than he is

Anus-licking causes sepsis; if not given antibiotics within a half hour, they perish.
alistarr*

« Reply #211 on: Oct 02, 2010, 09:17:20 AM »

What the fuck, how did Wayne drop an album without me noticing?

Also, I really don't want to hear a track called "Gonorrhea" with Drake on it.

drake is more terrible than the only previous song of his i've heard, but the song is good.

man i'm so tired of ballin; i sleep a lot now
i'll let my goons rush ya - like moscow

nort sure about some of the rest of the album yet. drake is on like four songs.
lucky strike

« Reply #212 on: Oct 03, 2010, 09:47:13 AM »

so is drake more hood than one would expect or lil' wayne less?

also, fuck everything else. mac dre:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nX83W0KaGlo

LISTEN TO ME YOU SON OF A BITCH IM A DETECTIVE GOD DAMN IT
alistarr*

« Reply #213 on: Oct 03, 2010, 02:58:48 PM »

to be honest i think they're both about as i would expect, which is sadly just not very good. i don't want to be the guy hating on someone's album, but i guess what i'd say is it's pretty clear why they originally said it was going to be an EP - to be honest i think if they'd put out that first song as a single with the best three or so other songs then it would've been a pretty ace release. as an "album" it's not even really long enough, let alone good enough.

carter 4 might still be good, though, because some of wayne's verses on this one are excellent.
shai faithe

« Reply #214 on: Oct 04, 2010, 10:55:56 PM »

it'll still be good.  i don't think this material has anything to do with what he's lining up for c4.
why isn't anyone talking about good fridays?  not just the tracks (which are almost all incredible), but the concept, the operation.  interesting stuff.
noz (with a link): http://tumblinerb.com/post/1169158401/how-kanye-wests-online-triumphs-have-eclipsed-kanye
oh and these are old, but these swagzilla tracks are great.
wut2dayis
i need more
plus the video for the second is...you'll see.
has anybody deigned to listen to the waka album?
« Last Edit: Oct 06, 2010, 11:10:27 AM by shai faithe » Logged

Antero

« Reply #215 on: Oct 05, 2010, 07:15:24 PM »

I've decided that I like Waka, simply because his music makes me uncomfortable.

shai faithe

« Reply #216 on: Oct 05, 2010, 07:51:13 PM »

yeah i had to sort of check myself and make sure i was still okay, because i think it's...pretty good.  i mean, he really needs to not say his name so much.  or brick squad.  or pow.  but besides that, yeah, the beats are stunning (for me, are the main reasons for the album's successes, even though some of the lex luger ones are sorta boring after a few listens).  it's weird because it's some seriously unrelenting drive-by music.  there aren't any concessions on the entire album (except maybe "no hands," which seems to be a strip club joint).  it's all pistols and bricks.  the only somewhat soft track is called "fuck this industry."
« Last Edit: Oct 06, 2010, 08:42:55 PM by shai faithe » Logged

dieblucasdie

« Reply #217 on: Oct 08, 2010, 12:26:42 PM »

why do people insist on liking die antwoord

RoyBiggins

« Reply #218 on: Oct 08, 2010, 12:36:29 PM »

This year's Village Voice Jizz and Pap list had a whole lot of birds I'd never even heard of before.
dieblucasdie

« Reply #219 on: Oct 08, 2010, 12:40:51 PM »

Man, I was under the impression that the meme-generating power of both those things peaked years ago, though.  Oh well, looks like it's suicide again for me

RoyBiggins

« Reply #220 on: Oct 08, 2010, 12:41:56 PM »

This year's Village Voice Jizz and Pap list had a whole lot of birds I'd never even heard of before.
RoyBiggins

« Reply #221 on: Oct 08, 2010, 12:45:46 PM »

I was going to post pictures of Dave Matthews and Charlize Theron

dieblucasdie

« Reply #222 on: Oct 08, 2010, 12:47:15 PM »

and MARINUS FERREIRA

Good Intentions

« Reply #223 on: Oct 08, 2010, 08:16:44 PM »

why do people insist on liking die antwoord
Their music videos are fan-fucking-tastic.

Also, it's a really funny joke.
shai faithe

« Reply #224 on: Oct 08, 2010, 09:15:35 PM »

i know i'm sometimes on some hyperbole when i hear stuff for the first time (which i then usually later regret), but THIS is really good.  assuredly.  (if it's any help, dude is e-40's son.) (via tumblin erb)
i also just copped mic strange's da bootlegz vol. 6 (available over at dat piff), and so far i'm really impressed, but that's not surprising given what i've heard from him already.
« Last Edit: Oct 08, 2010, 09:17:27 PM by shai faithe » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 ... 20
Print
LPTJ | Last Plane Forums | In The Earbuds | Topic: Have You Heard the Ocarina of Rhyme by Team Teamwork? (New Hip-Hop Thread)
Jump to: