Home
Help
Search
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Jul 23, 2014, 03:59:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search: Advanced search
657765 Posts in 9259 Topics by 3396 Members Latest Member: - vlozan86 Most online today: 72 - most online ever: 494 (Jul 01, 2007, 02:59:53 PM)
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22
Print
Author Topic: POLLO FUCKING HATES HALO and other videogame talk  (Read 20803 times)
jm

« Reply #400 on: Nov 24, 2010, 10:28:06 AM »

Man, I been playing Link to the Past on my phone for the last couple of days.  I love that game.

His hand is holding my hands, which are rested on his knee.
Good Intentions

« Reply #401 on: Nov 24, 2010, 04:21:49 PM »

Super Meat Boy is coming to the PC, and I've pre-ordered. Because I hate myself and deserved to be punished by this ruthless, ruthless game.
Ignatius

« Reply #402 on: Nov 24, 2010, 06:22:21 PM »

I am really trying to beat COD BlOPs on Veteran before I get into multiplayer but man this game is much harder than MW2.
Ah_Pook

« Reply #403 on: Nov 25, 2010, 10:57:57 AM »

I played like 2 levels of the single player and then started in on multi. Same as I did with MW2. I finally beat that games campaign after like 6 months.

I'm having a blast with the multi though. I like how specific they made the pro perk reqs this time around. Its definitely something you have to work towards.I already unlocked the ones I actually careabout (soleight of hand, hardline, ninja,marathon, etc), now I'm working on some of the others like hacker and flak jacket.

The maps are really good in this one.

Blame it on the girls who know what to do
Blame it on the boys who keep hitting on you
alistarr*

« Reply #404 on: Nov 25, 2010, 07:55:22 PM »

i played a bunch of it last night and it's mostly just not ridiculous enough for me to want to bother much. i'm playing on normal and even at that i'm getting too bored to continue whenever i die and have to replay a section. i guess it's not my kind of game.

but yeah, i like the multiplayer too, though i suck at it almost as much as i suck at halo and street fighter.
Thermofusion

« Reply #405 on: Nov 26, 2010, 12:28:11 AM »

i played a bunch of it last night and it's mostly just not ridiculous enough for me to want to bother much.

Fear not!

triple paisley minimum
Ignatius

« Reply #406 on: Nov 26, 2010, 05:11:44 AM »

I got instructions from JFK to shoot at a soviet space rocket with a different, shoulder-mounted rocket (while a one-eyed man provided cover fire) and then a little while later on I listened to CCR and shot at swarms of NVA soldiers who were curiously more interested in running up a hill than trying to kill me. It's a supremely ridiculous game, but I see where alistarr is coming from.

I also switched off the veteran difficulty and the game went from being a ridiculous chore to kinda fun. Seriously, though, there are enemies on just the second mission who will run at you, absorb half a clip and still beat you with a stick afterwards. The biggest difference from MW2 on veteran is that enemies constantly abandon cover to personally assault you and so you can't really slow down and regroup except at a few, pre-determined points... You pretty much have to formulate a plan of attack for every other sequence and carry it out flawlessly if you want to go to another room. Every enemy is aware of your cover and waiting to shoot directly at your head as soon as you come out. I've never been so constantly conscious of details like how many bullets a particular gun's clip can hold in any fps before this one.
Killdozersnakeboy

« Reply #407 on: Nov 26, 2010, 09:13:34 AM »

Super Meat Boy is coming to the PC, and I've pre-ordered. Because I hate myself and deserved to be punished by this ruthless, ruthless game.

I did the same. We're both Giant Bomb listeners. I'm hoping they're overstating the shear hell of this thing but even the trailer makes it look hard as shit.

"It's more easier to do it if you done it than what it is to explain it. Your middle part is all you move. There's a lot of 'em that does and no good about it"
Swimmy

« Reply #408 on: Nov 28, 2010, 08:06:22 PM »

I think I'll preorder too. I want to unlock Might Jill Off and get my bottom on.

A Gentile and a tax collector.
Ah_Pook

« Reply #409 on: Nov 28, 2010, 08:39:49 PM »

gaming update: hit lvl 50 in codblops. its still a lot of fun. i have the fanciest emblem of them all. click here to scorch your retinas with its blazing glory.

also i picked up need for speed hot pursuit on black friday for $35. that game is the total shit. i am really really loving it. its the best parts of burnout paradise melded with the best parts of need for speed over the years into an entirely satisfying whole. the multiplayer is intensely fun, also. i would highly recommend picking it up if you like arcade racers.

alistarr*

« Reply #410 on: Nov 29, 2010, 12:42:18 PM »

that is a good tag.

i bought street fighter 4 in the steam sale last night. Good Intentions i believe you also have this game? let me know if you ever fancy a bout or two. i bought it mostly just because i love street fighter (rather than because i intend to actually start logging into steam) but i'm sure i could play it as well as just buying it for the sake of it. i'm going to try and get those mods working for the moveset swaps - i wanna see rufus doing habanero dashes and stuff.
Good Intentions

« Reply #411 on: Nov 29, 2010, 07:02:43 PM »

It barely runs on my laptop, but we can figure something out
Killdozersnakeboy

« Reply #412 on: Dec 01, 2010, 04:17:58 AM »

I got that on the Steam sale as well. Gonna wait til broadband turnover til I download it.

Super Meat Boy is really hard and really fucking addictive. I can barely play it for more than 20 mins before I have to go for a smoke break.

"It's more easier to do it if you done it than what it is to explain it. Your middle part is all you move. There's a lot of 'em that does and no good about it"
Good Intentions

« Reply #413 on: Dec 01, 2010, 04:36:38 AM »

That game is FUCKING AWESOME. The design is fantastic - great visuals, great music, great characters and levels. But what they really nailed is how the game never takes a break: you might die 5 times in 10 seconds but it just immediately restarts , without even taking a break in the music. It keeps you hammering away at the problems until you solve them. And the sense of satisfaction once you A+ a level you've died on 20+ times is amazing. And all of that can happen in 2 minutes.
alistarr*

« Reply #414 on: Dec 01, 2010, 06:26:08 AM »

you know what i hate? games for windows live.
jm

« Reply #415 on: Dec 01, 2010, 09:02:00 AM »

That game is FUCKING AWESOME. The design is fantastic - great visuals, great music, great characters and levels. But what they really nailed is how the game never takes a break: you might die 5 times in 10 seconds but it just immediately restarts , without even taking a break in the music. It keeps you hammering away at the problems until you solve them. And the sense of satisfaction once you A+ a level you've died on 20+ times is amazing. And all of that can happen in 2 minutes.

This sounds like my kind of game.

His hand is holding my hands, which are rested on his knee.
YojimboMonkey

« Reply #416 on: Dec 01, 2010, 09:26:36 AM »

I'm on something like the 3rd world of Super Meat Boy for Xbox 360 and it has become maddeningly difficult, but that kind of maddeningly difficult where you keep after it, maybe try at a level for a half hour over and over again failing every time until you get frustrated and throw your controller across the room, then go over and pick up the controller and apologize to it and maybe play Geometry Wars a couple of times to settle yourself down and then come back to Super Meat Boy and beat that level that was frustrating you before but then repeat the cycle on the next level, and so on.  And it's only going to keep getting harder.

Anus-licking causes sepsis; if not given antibiotics within a half hour, they perish.
YojimboMonkey

« Reply #417 on: Dec 01, 2010, 09:27:54 AM »

Also when you've beaten a level after dying on it a couple dozen times, it shows a simultaneous replay of every attempt you just made including all the failed ones and the successful one, which is an amusing shower of dying red streaks across your screen.

Anus-licking causes sepsis; if not given antibiotics within a half hour, they perish.
Killdozersnakeboy

« Reply #418 on: Dec 08, 2010, 05:27:43 AM »

So Super Meat Boy is to have a small run of boxed versions. How awesome is the cover art?

davy

« Reply #419 on: Dec 08, 2010, 03:05:39 PM »

New DLC for Trials HD! 40 new tracks!  Very Happy

Just in time, too, what with me being locked in my apartment for the next two days and all.

The drummer IS the foundation, p3wn.
Good Intentions

« Reply #420 on: Dec 09, 2010, 01:44:40 AM »

So Super Meat Boy is to have a small run of boxed versions. How awesome is the cover art?
That game just gets better and better.
Ah_Pook

« Reply #421 on: Dec 12, 2010, 10:49:09 AM »

they announced a bunch of neat stuff during that stupid spike VGA thing last night. im pretty excited about elder scrolls 5 and uncharted 3 in november.

Ah_Pook

« Reply #422 on: Dec 19, 2010, 01:03:56 AM »

Dragon age complete edition on clearance at target for $30, I'm pretty excited to play it

FreddyKnuckles

« Reply #423 on: Dec 20, 2010, 11:12:01 AM »

Do you guys wish you were as good at videogames as me now?

Quote from: Heathcote
I'm in with Greg Nog, IT'S FUCKING FAFFLE TIME!
Greg Nog

« Reply #424 on: Dec 23, 2010, 10:46:02 PM »

Heads up: Humble Indie Bundle #2 for download, pay want you want.  Pay 8 bucks and you get the original Bundle, too.

I say this mainly because I've become rather addicted to Osmos, and suggest that everyone try it.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22
Print
LPTJ | Last Plane Forums | Departure Lounge | Topic: POLLO FUCKING HATES HALO and other videogame talk
Jump to: