Home
Help
Search
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Oct 02, 2014, 02:29:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search: Advanced search
658067 Posts in 9262 Topics by 3396 Members Latest Member: - vlozan86 Most online today: 40 - most online ever: 494 (Jul 01, 2007, 02:59:53 PM)
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 ... 22
Print
Author Topic: no more certain than I think I might have been before: uncertainty, con't.  (Read 25503 times)
Greg Nog

« Reply #200 on: Jun 09, 2011, 05:57:36 PM »

Hey, is Percoset any fun? I just got a prescription for it, and while my pain isn't really that severe, I am a little curious about how the drug feels.
elpollodiablo

« Reply #201 on: Jun 09, 2011, 06:04:43 PM »

Like awesome.

Actually, it's terrible. Best to send it to me.

think 'on the road.'
Greg Nog

« Reply #202 on: Jun 09, 2011, 08:55:26 PM »

holy crap there's 40 of 'em in here!  Just took one, preparing for ONE WILD RIDE
Thermofusion

« Reply #203 on: Jun 09, 2011, 09:29:58 PM »

Depending on the strength of your percs, you could flip that shit for as much as $10-15 a pop man. Just sayin.

triple paisley minimum
C of heartbreak

« Reply #204 on: Jun 10, 2011, 01:43:02 AM »

Percoset reminds me of sprawling on the floor, listening to Jandek and drawing pictures of my rat transforming into an opium pipe. There are good times to be had for sure. Take two.

HOW WOULD I BE? WHAT WOULD I DO?
elpollodiablo

« Reply #205 on: Jun 10, 2011, 01:51:37 AM »

No don't listen to him, send them to me

think 'on the road.'
C of heartbreak

« Reply #206 on: Jun 10, 2011, 02:36:44 AM »

Pollo all that percoset won't heal the pain in your heart.

HOW WOULD I BE? WHAT WOULD I DO?
RavingLunatic

« Reply #207 on: Jun 10, 2011, 11:32:47 AM »

I've had three relatives who were one percoset fairly recently, and it made all three of them feel like shit. They all ended up switching to Vicodin.

How did you manage to procure 40 of them for minor pain, though?

I will meditate and then destroy you!
dumbfish

« Reply #208 on: Jun 10, 2011, 11:41:07 AM »

I've had three relatives who were one percoset
Voltron, now in prescription strength!

Love is awesome and has only Darko to fight for rebounds.
coldforge

« Reply #209 on: Jun 10, 2011, 12:01:21 PM »

I have never had percoset. I wonder if I would like it, now that vicodin gives me terrible headaches. What did you do to yourself, Nog?

č l'era del terzo mondo.
Greg Nog

« Reply #210 on: Jun 10, 2011, 12:28:01 PM »

How did you manage to procure 40 of them for minor pain, though?

Dumb luck! 

I got some kind injury around the navicular bone of my foot (I think from a twisting hard-landing jump I did over a railing and onto cement), but they X-rayed it, and said it wasn't fractured, just a sprain or soft tissue damage.  So I have a boot-thing on the foot, and am walking with a cane to take the weight off it.  The conversation with the doctor was basically:

Doctor: So I'll prescribe a prescription-strength anti-inflammatory to take care of the swelling.

Greg: Okay.

Doctor: And I can prescribe something for the pain, too.

Greg: Eh, that's fine, the pain's not that bad.

Greg's Brain: WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING MAN ARE YOU SERIOUSLY ABOUT TO TURN DOWN RESTRICTED DRUGS

Doctor: Are you sure?

Greg: Ah, all right, maybe just in case.

I have no idea, given my initial waving-off, how she came to the conclusion that 40 would be a good idea.  But here we are!  I had one last night, and it was fine.  I feel a little like I'm getting over a cold this morning, though I dunno if that's a wee withdrawal symptom or just the effect of being in dry AC air all night.

Also, my ladyfriend was like, "Oh man, they go great with wine!" I was like, "Wait, don't they say you're really really not supposed to do that?" She was like, "Oh, of course that's what THEY say."
« Last Edit: Jun 10, 2011, 12:36:52 PM by Greg Nog » Logged
dumbfish

« Reply #211 on: Jun 10, 2011, 12:35:20 PM »

Percoset basically gives alcohol a 4 x multiplier.

Love is awesome and has only Darko to fight for rebounds.
elpollodiablo

« Reply #212 on: Jun 10, 2011, 01:27:50 PM »

I did a cold water extraction of a bunch of Vicodin recently. Vicodin is swell!

think 'on the road.'
Greg Nog

« Reply #213 on: Jun 10, 2011, 01:30:10 PM »

Whoa!  I'd never heard of that before.  Golly.
elpollodiablo

« Reply #214 on: Jun 10, 2011, 01:33:14 PM »

I took a few recreationally one day, and then the next day I took some extra strength Tylenol for a bitching hangover headache, and I realized I'd had almost 2000mg of acetaminophen in ~24hrs and that that was bad news. I'd never tried the CWE thing before either, but it was super easy and worked like a charm. 

think 'on the road.'
alex

« Reply #215 on: Jun 10, 2011, 01:51:05 PM »

Greg's Brain: WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING MAN ARE YOU SERIOUSLY ABOUT TO TURN DOWN RESTRICTED DRUGS

Funny anecdote about the Dutch medical system*: when a doctor offers to prescribe you something "against the pain", what he means is that he will write a "prescription" for a package of Paracetamol. He does give you the note and everything, and it spares you the trouble of having to say at the pharmacy that you want some Paracetamol and instead you can just give them the note that says that the doctor says you should get Paracetamol.

Paracetamol works pretty well for me, so I'm not particularly bothered by this, but it is a little funny.

* well, about my doctor, and the doctors of a couple of people I've talked about this with, anyway.
Little Sixes Little Nines

« Reply #216 on: Jun 10, 2011, 05:14:03 PM »

yeah, they do that here too - but hey, it makes the paracetamol/ibuprofen $3, instead of like $10, so i'm not complaining

i just sighed (my shitty tumblr)
alex

« Reply #217 on: Jun 10, 2011, 05:37:11 PM »

That is the other weird thing about the Dutch medical system: a small package of Paracetamol (20 pills, I think?) costs 80 cents. No discount if you have a prescription, though.
hannah

« Reply #218 on: Jun 17, 2011, 02:01:44 AM »

Ugh, major homesickness this morning.
Anne the Man

« Reply #219 on: Jun 19, 2011, 09:07:28 PM »

How long are you in Russia for, lady, slash how long have you been there already? I've only half been following stuff. Also, hope you feel better now  Heart

Hey jerks, mind if I watch you jerks do your jerk-bending?
Nick Ink

« Reply #220 on: Jun 20, 2011, 12:39:43 PM »

what the fuck? that's your door?

I missed a lot of bad crap in the two weeks I was away.

Bloody sorry to hear about this jeb - you back on an even keel now?

Seest thou what happens, Laurence, when thou firk’st a stranger ‘twixt the buttocks?!
Nick Ink

« Reply #221 on: Jun 20, 2011, 03:00:31 PM »

Can't seem to find the 'Christ, I'm a stupid arse' thread, so this will have to do.

I just sprayed Savlon antiseptic wound wash into Ellie's eye. I was just dinking a bit onto a mosquito bite on her elbow and, being a complete and utter moronic OAF, was pointing it past her arm towards her eye.

It was only a very short squeeze, but it was quite close (18 inches?) and she instinctively recoiled. I spent about ten minutes washing/bathing her eye in water, as per the advice of the bottle, but it also said to seek medical advice.

We have a free NHS hotline thing here, and they're wonderful. I ended up speaking to a nurse and going through a load of questions. All the immediate signs are good. Ellie's basically fine - no redness, no watering, eye looks fine and she can see normally. The only thing she feels is 'a tiny stinging'. All of which seems to rule out a number of the most likely problems.

However, the nurse looked this product up on some database or other, and apparently there is a small risk of a burn to the cornea, and that wouldn't show up until a few days later. As a result, she's just gone with her mum and nanna to A&E 30 minutes' drive away (I'm here because Grace is asleep in bed - plus I don't drive). The hospital are going to put some drops in and check out her eye with their kit.

So many times I do these kinds of things, and then look back and think, 'What was I thinking of!?'. For someone who's always been told he's bright, I can't half be an idiot at times. Bloody hell.

Seest thou what happens, Laurence, when thou firk’st a stranger ‘twixt the buttocks?!
alex

« Reply #222 on: Jun 20, 2011, 03:40:56 PM »

Damn, that sucks, Nick, even if it doesn't actually make you a stupid arse. It's good to hear she seems to be doing okay, and that the NHS has provided you well. I sincerely hope Ellie's cornea hasn't been burnt, even though I am not sure exactly what such a burn would entail. Best wishes!
Nick Ink

« Reply #223 on: Jun 20, 2011, 04:21:42 PM »

Thanks - the docotr did a quick test and said it all looked normal, and then asked them to wait so he could check things a bit further. They're still waiting two hours later - it seems Accident & Emergency is pretty packed of a Monday night.

clare

« Reply #224 on: Jun 20, 2011, 07:28:36 PM »

Bugger. I hope she's OK. Eyes are useful. I do similar stupid things, often involving nasal sprays (which aren't so dangerous in the eyes, but still annoying).

You must have a very long, thin, tapered penis.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 ... 22
Print
LPTJ | Last Plane Forums | Departure Lounge | Topic: no more certain than I think I might have been before: uncertainty, con't.
Jump to: