Home
Help
Search
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Oct 22, 2014, 09:49:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search: Advanced search
658120 Posts in 9262 Topics by 3396 Members Latest Member: - vlozan86 Most online today: 50 - most online ever: 494 (Jul 01, 2007, 02:59:53 PM)
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 [23]
Print
Author Topic: The NBA Thread  (Read 24028 times)
Ignatius

« Reply #550 on: Jun 20, 2012, 11:14:36 PM »

OKC gets a lot of no-calls at home in their favor, but yeah... Miami's getting em now.
justinh

« Reply #551 on: Jun 21, 2012, 01:12:49 AM »

I could be wrong, but it seemed roughly the same for the first two games (the no call on Lebron for that final foul of game 2 comes to mind). 
Captain

« Reply #552 on: Jun 21, 2012, 01:17:59 AM »

Agreed. I didn't see why they called a foul on Harden when guarding LeBron at the end of Game 3 either. I do believe Miami is getting all the calls. I believe that's expected as well. It's all star power. It's a frustrating fact and a detriment to the game.
dumbfish

« Reply #553 on: Jun 21, 2012, 09:37:32 AM »

Ask Derrick Rose about driving and not getting the shooting foul. When you're that fast and that strong, you come up on the "Shaq problem." It doesn't look like the defender affected you, so no call. Meanwhile, you blow on Reggie Miller and (normally) Durant, and it's a flagrant one.
LeBron not fouling is entirely consistent with the reg season. The weird part is Durant and Westbrook not getting them. Before this series, if you had asked me which team in the league lives at the line based on half-assed calls, I would have said the Thunder. Not worried, though, as I expect the pendulum to swing.

Love is awesome and has only Darko to fight for rebounds.
Thermofusion

« Reply #554 on: Jun 21, 2012, 11:51:58 AM »

I didn't even know which teams were playing in the finals until my dad told me, but I'm here to brag a little about the Bobcats. Not only did they dodge a bullet by not being allowed to draft the highly-overrated Frida Kahlo lookalike Anthony Davis, they somehow acquired an amazing sought-after talent for their new head coach, a man named Mike Dunlap (but you guys already know his name) who's done a fabulous job as the assistant coach of St. John's (they went 13-19 last year) and had great stints as the former head coach of both California Lutheran University and the pride of South Australia, the Adelaide 36ers.

triple paisley minimum
Ignatius

« Reply #555 on: Jun 21, 2012, 01:34:14 PM »

Meanwhile, you blow on Reggie Miller and (normally) Durant, and it's a flagrant one.
LeBron not fouling is entirely consistent with the reg season. The weird part is Durant and Westbrook not getting them. Before this series, if you had asked me which team in the league lives at the line based on half-assed calls, I would have said the Thunder. Not worried, though, as I expect the pendulum to swing.

This. OTOH, Perk and Nick Collison still set blatant moving screens just about every time down the floor w/o calls. You'll see defenders get whistled for fighting through them, even.
justinh

« Reply #556 on: Jun 24, 2012, 08:15:04 AM »

I finally got around to watching Game 5, which had some better officiating, and OKC still got destroyed.  Miami earned it this time. 
Captain

« Reply #557 on: Jun 24, 2012, 07:59:26 PM »

I finally got around to watching Game 5, which had some better officiating, and OKC still got destroyed.  Miami earned it this time. 

Agreed... but a 3-1 edge definitely changes the feel of a game.

Funny how everyone seems to be predicting a clash between these 2 teams for years to come. Have we forgotten Miami's struggles to even get to the Finals this year? Look, I'm already excited to see the developments for next year. Indiana, what's up?

No love for LeBron. Petty, yes. But it's sports. I can afford pettiness.
justinh

« Reply #558 on: Jun 24, 2012, 08:24:39 PM »

When they're good, Miami is real good.  The Lebron/D Wade/Bosh penetration coupled with Battier/Miller/Chalmers/Cole from 3 (when they're hot) is pretty hot stuff.  The Indiana series would definitely be interesting to go back and watch-I watched at least one of those games but I can't really remember much. 

OKC will be good for a while too if they can hold on to Hardin and Ibaka. 
Captain

« Reply #559 on: Jun 24, 2012, 08:38:05 PM »

One reason I think Indiana matched up so well with Miami is Roy Hibbert. Miami, as good as they are, have two huge holes at point guard and center. It was all on Westbrook to win that series.... but when he plays the kind of game he plays in Game 4 and his team still loses... what chance do they have? Where was Harden?

When Miami is hot, sure. They're unstoppable. You can count on Bron/Wade/Bosh (maybe Bosh). But the rest? Tough call.

Chalmers, Millers, and most certainly Battier won that series though. Big ups.
Babar

« Reply #560 on: Jun 25, 2012, 02:16:16 PM »

What tends to happen a lot in the NBA is that the team with the best player in the world wins the championship. It happened this year. Even with Battier sometimes playing power forward, and matchup jumbles all over the plays and no center at all, mediocre coach (I guess he's not any more since he has a ring, right?) they still found a way to win it all. Lebron James is amazing and deserves to be a champ.

Oh man, I'm gonna have cause to regret this post. I know it.
dumbfish

« Reply #561 on: Jun 25, 2012, 03:40:09 PM »

Is Scott Brooks gonna get a full Heat playoff share, or just a thank you in the acknowledgements?

Ignatius

« Reply #562 on: Jun 25, 2012, 04:02:16 PM »

Roy Hibbert upped his game in that series, but he's not been that guy all season long. Also, y'know, Bosh was out. Pacers still need a go-to guy to win at the end and pace them (lol) in third quarters. When they got behind against Miami for stretches, you could pretty much call the game.

I think Milwaukee may be on the rise too. But the East is getting really tight for second-tier teams.
Thermofusion

« Reply #563 on: Jun 28, 2012, 08:54:37 PM »

Really disappointed the Bobcats didn't draft the dude with the same name as me, was gonna buy like five of those jerseys.

triple paisley minimum
dumbfish

« Reply #564 on: Jun 28, 2012, 11:38:43 PM »

I'm not a Bobcats fan or anything, but MKG was the logical pick. Nice to see them do the sensible thing, even if it was just this once. So much talk about taking Barnes there, ugh.

Thermofusion

« Reply #565 on: Jun 29, 2012, 10:20:21 AM »

I thought there was a chance they'd take Barnes. Wouldn't've been the first time they'd drafted a UNC kid as a transparent ploy to get local Heels fans in the seats.

triple paisley minimum
dumbfish

« Reply #566 on: Jul 01, 2012, 11:17:14 AM »

So Dwight Howard wants to be traded to the Nets, again. At what point do the Magic start regarding his pronouncements as a cry for help?

dumbfish

« Reply #567 on: Aug 10, 2012, 04:51:00 PM »

It's a good day to be a Laker fan.

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 [23]
Print
LPTJ | Last Plane Forums | Departure Lounge | Topic: The NBA Thread
Jump to: