Home
Help
Search
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Oct 02, 2014, 12:36:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search: Advanced search
658067 Posts in 9262 Topics by 3396 Members Latest Member: - vlozan86 Most online today: 48 - most online ever: 494 (Jul 01, 2007, 02:59:53 PM)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 22
Print
Author Topic: An brusque abode for pathogens (Last Plane to the Doctor's Office)  (Read 31640 times)
G.C.R

« Reply #50 on: Dec 08, 2010, 07:29:12 PM »

While it probably wasn't awesome to have happen, that makes it sound kind of awesome.

I think it's fair to assume we'll be inebriated and covered in bodily effluvia all weekend
clare

« Reply #51 on: Dec 08, 2010, 09:39:45 PM »

Wow, davy, that's pretty hardcore. Hope you can kick it fast.

We're battling whooping cough over here with the big boy, which isn't much fun, but at least he hasn't spewed from coughing yet.

You must have a very long, thin, tapered penis.
Nick Ink

« Reply #52 on: Dec 09, 2010, 01:54:22 AM »

Reminds me of a couple of years ago - Ellie woke up on Xmas morning feeling a bit under the weather, took one look at her presents and hurled all over the tree.

Hope you all and your offspring are getting this out of the way before launching into full-scale, rude healthed festive merriment.

Seest thou what happens, Laurence, when thou firk’st a stranger ‘twixt the buttocks?!
davy

« Reply #53 on: Dec 09, 2010, 01:55:44 AM »

Welp, I thought I'd turned the corner already, but here I am, awake at 2 am, fever of 102. Fuck this, and fuck the radiators in my apartment that are roasting me alive and can't be turned off.

At least I'm not hallucinating tonight.

The drummer IS the foundation, p3wn.
davy

« Reply #54 on: Dec 09, 2010, 02:00:03 AM »

There was a bright spot this evening before bed. I'd just finished watching Paranoid Park and was taking my meds when I got a text message from L reading "i think the get well elf left you something..." So I opened my front door and there on the landing was a big bag full of goodies--ice cream, tea, magazines, CDs, soup, DVDs, etc. Almost choked me up.

She is the best!

elpollodiablo

« Reply #55 on: Dec 09, 2010, 08:53:20 AM »

That's awesome! Much Love

think 'on the road.'
Ignatius

« Reply #56 on: Dec 09, 2010, 11:51:08 AM »

That is pretty cool. This one is a keeper.
jm

« Reply #57 on: Dec 09, 2010, 11:53:31 AM »

Hee!  Awesome, davy!

His hand is holding my hands, which are rested on his knee.
dumbfish

« Reply #58 on: Dec 09, 2010, 12:57:52 PM »

Welp, I thought I'd turned the corner already, but here I am, awake at 2 am, fever of 102. Fuck this, and fuck the radiators in my apartment that are roasting me alive and can't be turned off.

At least I'm not hallucinating tonight.
Take more Advil/ Tylenol/ whatever. Whatever benefit fevers might maybe possibly give to immune defense, fevers that steal sleep from you are almost surely a net bad thing. And you liver/ kidneys aren't going to explode from a week of mild overdoses.

Love is awesome and has only Darko to fight for rebounds.
hannah

« Reply #59 on: Dec 09, 2010, 03:18:25 PM »

What was watching Paranoid Park like with a fever?
davy

« Reply #60 on: Dec 09, 2010, 06:23:30 PM »

Stupid.

davy

« Reply #61 on: Dec 29, 2010, 11:58:30 AM »

Medical advice needed:

My parents offered to watch Finn on New Years Eve so I could make plans with L. I was going to take him down to Macon on Thursday and pick him back up on Saturday. Last night, we made plans with some friends to have dinner and go downtown, and this morning, my mom calls to say that she and my grandmother--who is visiting--both got a stomach virus. My grandmother got sick on Tuesday, threw up a lot, and is fine today. My mom got it last night, had a rough night, but feels much better today. My dad, also in the house, hasn't caught anything yet.

My mom's concerned about me bringing Finn down there, but I don't have any other childcare options short of cancelling my NYE plans. So I told her I'd wait to bring him down until Friday. That gives us the rest of today, all of tomorrow and tomorrow night, and half of Friday to see if the virus pops up again, or if my dad catches it, or whatever. If it shows no signs during this time, do you think it's ok to take him down for a short stay? Friday night and Saturday morning? With everyone taking precautions as far as handwashing and not kissing or drinking after one another and that sort of thing?

The virus appears to be a < 24-hour thing, and my mom and grandmother are already recovering. If it doesn't show up again before Friday, that puts like 60 hours between dropping off Finn and the most recent appearance of any symptoms.

That's probably ok, right? Right?!

peacocks

« Reply #62 on: Dec 29, 2010, 01:11:12 PM »

I caught a stomach virus just from sitting within 5 feet of the person who had it.  I don't know how long these things are usually contagious though.  The only person in my dorm who didn't catch it was a girl who put Clorox wipes on every surface anyone including herself touched, wore a bandana around her face, had the windows open at all times, constantly sprayed disenfectant, and seemed to constantly vacuum for the entire two days the rest of us were vomiting and othering.

dick-check your priviledge
YojimboMonkey

« Reply #63 on: Dec 29, 2010, 01:13:15 PM »

I'd rather get the shits for a day than live like that

Anus-licking causes sepsis; if not given antibiotics within a half hour, they perish.
davy

« Reply #64 on: Dec 29, 2010, 01:32:14 PM »

Haha

Bernard

« Reply #65 on: Dec 31, 2010, 01:46:17 PM »

Not me, man, I'm so fucking tired of getting sick. I'm convinced my recent spate of mystery illnesses is attributable to total sloth. On which note, I'm going to go get some fresh air.

Ha, see, and look how Julian Casablancas ended up!!!!
Maaik

« Reply #66 on: Jan 03, 2011, 11:26:02 PM »

In the last couple hours I've felt this telltale tickle in my throat FUCK FUUUUCK christ I don't wanna get sick.

I need anne the man lessons
davy

« Reply #67 on: Jan 03, 2011, 11:32:34 PM »

I've been tingly and sore-throaty all day today, and at work even got a little feverish, but whatever it is, I seem to be holding it at bay. Shouldn't I be exempt from this shit after my adventure with strep last month? Jesus.

davy

« Reply #68 on: Jan 04, 2011, 12:05:01 AM »

SHIT.

I've got white spots in my throat again. I think my strep returned.

FUCK FUCK FUCK.

What do I do now? I'm out of my antibiotic. My prescription says I can't get a refill and I can't afford to pay all that money again to have the same doctor give me another.

jess

« Reply #69 on: Jan 04, 2011, 12:07:45 AM »

Ugh, that sucks. I'd think you would probably need a different antibiotic anyway if that's the case. Can you call the doctor, and see if they will call something in? Although I'd think that yeah, they'd probably want to see you before prescribing more powerful stuff—what did they give you the first time?
davy

« Reply #70 on: Jan 04, 2011, 12:19:07 AM »

Amoxicillin.

jess

« Reply #71 on: Jan 04, 2011, 12:02:50 PM »

Some strep is resistant to penicillin (amoxicillin is a type of penicillin), it's possible they'd give you something else if in fact you do still have it. Although for what it's worth, if it's not making you super sick, people generally get over strep fine without antibiotics. They just like to give you antibiotics because of the very small chance of getting rheumatic fever and because it makes you get over it faster.
davy

« Reply #72 on: Jan 04, 2011, 12:17:42 PM »

Getting over it faster sounds good.

The symptoms are really not so troubling this time. I had a slight fever at work yesterday, but wouldn't have jumped to the strep conclusion at all if I hadn't seen the white spots in my throat. This morning I feel pretty good, actually. Very mild soreness in the throat, and the spots are still there, but no fever/nausea/headache/chills/dizziness like last time.

I think I'm going to go back to the urgent care facility and request a refill. If they won't give it to me, I guess I'll let somebody see me or do a test or something. Just tired of dealing with it.

milesofsparks

« Reply #73 on: Jan 04, 2011, 12:27:07 PM »

try my magic throat elixir! 

With some of my research and knowledge I am a little sure about it.
jm

« Reply #74 on: Jan 04, 2011, 12:28:45 PM »

...suckers!

His hand is holding my hands, which are rested on his knee.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 22
Print
LPTJ | Last Plane Forums | White Courtesy Phone | Topic: An brusque abode for pathogens (Last Plane to the Doctor's Office)
Jump to: