Home
Help
Search
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Dec 18, 2014, 12:44:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search: Advanced search
658293 Posts in 9264 Topics by 3396 Members Latest Member: - vlozan86 Most online today: 54 - most online ever: 494 (Jul 01, 2007, 02:59:53 PM)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Print
Author Topic: Rahm Emanuel for President: new Chicago thread  (Read 16355 times)
coldforge

« Reply #25 on: Jul 10, 2012, 11:41:08 AM »

Ok, I'm gonna be there from August 3 to August 6. Some of that time, I think, I'll be on my lonesome. So take me to get a polish or whatever it is.

l'era del terzo mondo.
El_Josharino

« Reply #26 on: Jul 10, 2012, 12:08:43 PM »

Oh dammit. I wish I didn't already have obligations that weekend.

Hey sexy mama, wanna kill all humans?
YojimboMonkey

« Reply #27 on: Jul 10, 2012, 12:11:45 PM »

cf I would drink a beer or eat a sandwich or something in your vicinity. I'll be around that weekend.

Anus-licking causes sepsis; if not given antibiotics within a half hour, they perish.
coldforge

« Reply #28 on: Jul 10, 2012, 12:15:03 PM »

Nice. Jim, Biggins, take me away. I've never been to your city before.

Josh, cancel your obligations; a coldforge midwest excursion is Big News

l'era del terzo mondo.
jebreject

« Reply #29 on: Jul 10, 2012, 02:18:51 PM »

We have a show on Saturday, but there's a chance that I could come down for the day on Sunday.

I'm not racist, I've got lots of black Facebook friends.
coldforge

« Reply #30 on: Jul 23, 2012, 12:17:49 AM »

Ok. I will be free all day that Monday. The lady will be working so I will need friends. Where will you be? Keep me company.

l'era del terzo mondo.
dieblucasdie

« Reply #31 on: Jul 23, 2012, 12:47:30 AM »

I haven't responded to this because it's a terrible weekend for me; I have OTHER friends from NYC staying with me that I'll have to entertain. That said, keep me apprised of any plans. I may end up playing chauffeur with some hours to kill. When solid plans are made, I will do my best to pawn said friends off on my wife.
« Last Edit: Jul 23, 2012, 12:52:14 AM by dieblucasdie » Logged

he was basically your only chance at making the world love you.
YojimboMonkey

« Reply #32 on: Jul 27, 2012, 02:56:24 PM »

This thread was on the second page because we are boring

But anyway did I mention this thing to you guys? http://www.bubblycreekbarrelbrawl.com/

Essentially it's a keg-only homebrew contest my club is having later this month. There are 2 judging methods, a standard BJCP method--best of show will be brewed professionally at Haymarket Pub--and a "People's Choice" award which will yield some cash-equivalent type prizes like gift certificates, etc.  The People's Choice award will be voted on by the attendees.

It's a pretty neat idea for a homebrew contest, very different from the standard. The homebrewers obviously have more skin in the game since they're submitting a whole 5-gallon keg instead of a couple of bottles, but plenty of people have entered, which is exciting. There are plenty of tickets left, as I think they've avoided promoting the event heavily while they worked out some legal kinks but it looks like the event will go ahead now.

So if you know any Chicago-area homebrewers, let them know there are still a couple of spots left for beers to be entered. And if you are interested in trying a bunch of good homebrew and learning a bit about judging, definitely come to the event, I think it's going to be a good time.

Hey guys this thing is tomorrow, I haven't heard from my LPTJCHI folks if any of you are interested. Online ticket sales stop 1 hour before the event, and there will be no ticket sales at the door, so if any of you are coming I hope you see this and plan ahead accordingly. It's gonna be a great time, and Maria's just down the street (http://community-bar.com/) is going to have food trucks at some point, and also Pleasant House Bakery is just down the street (http://pleasanthousebakery.com/) and I'm pretty sure I could go to town on one of their meat pies after an afternoon of drinking.

Anus-licking causes sepsis; if not given antibiotics within a half hour, they perish.
jebreject

« Reply #33 on: Aug 09, 2012, 10:00:24 PM »

Y'all around and available Labor Day weekend? Thinking we're going to come down for a couple of days, because we have free Amtrak tickets and passes to the Museum of Contemporary Art. Also I miss all y'all.

YojimboMonkey

« Reply #34 on: Aug 10, 2012, 04:10:17 PM »

I'll be at my family's annual labor day hog roast down in missouri that weekend, I'll catch up with you sometime though

nonotyet

« Reply #35 on: Aug 24, 2012, 11:57:36 AM »

chicago what is happening to you Sad http://www.suntimes.com/14689810-761/at-least-19-injured-in-shootings-across-city-thursday-night.html
jebreject

« Reply #36 on: Aug 24, 2012, 12:35:08 PM »

return to normalcy?

RoyBiggins

« Reply #37 on: Aug 24, 2012, 09:47:47 PM »

I am around for part of Labor Day weekend, I think. Ironically, I believe I will have to work on Labor Day, a mere .7 miles from Haymarket Square.

This year's Village Voice Jizz and Pap list had a whole lot of birds I'd never even heard of before.
Antero

« Reply #38 on: Aug 25, 2012, 02:51:33 AM »

So people are hella shooting each other in Chicago this summer I hear.

Quote from: nonotyet
this has been OPINIONS IN CAPSLOCK
hannah

« Reply #39 on: Aug 27, 2012, 02:41:30 PM »

Y'all around and available Labor Day weekend? Thinking we're going to come down for a couple of days, because we have free Amtrak tickets and passes to the Museum of Contemporary Art. Also I miss all y'all.

I will be out of town Sad
jebreject

« Reply #40 on: Aug 27, 2012, 02:52:59 PM »

Yeah, we decided to postpone. Any time y'all Chicago folks can think of when we should try to get down there? A weekend works best, obviously, and we've got to do it before the end of the year. It'd be nice to go for some specific event, though I just looked up the next couple months' worth of shows, and I didn't see many that I was all that stoked about, honestly. (I don't get that excited for shows anymore, is the thing.) So anything cool coming up? If not, that's okay too. Let's figure out a time to hang out!

El_Josharino

« Reply #41 on: Aug 27, 2012, 04:35:42 PM »

Let's all go to the barrel aged beer fest in November.

Cuz I think I might do that anyway.

YojimboMonkey

« Reply #42 on: Aug 27, 2012, 04:40:35 PM »

I may be pouring this year

El_Josharino

« Reply #43 on: Aug 27, 2012, 05:08:57 PM »

Me too. Pouring beer into my mouth.

jebreject

« Reply #44 on: Aug 27, 2012, 08:19:25 PM »

When in November is it?

YojimboMonkey

« Reply #45 on: Aug 27, 2012, 08:22:50 PM »

Saturday, November 17th.  Tickets go on sale this Saturday. There are 2 sessions so you should coordinate which one you want to do. Also, new venue this year, should be pretty sweet. http://www.brownpapertickets.com/event/270798

jebreject

« Reply #46 on: Aug 27, 2012, 10:14:17 PM »

I'm only sort of interested in this beer fest but I am definitely interested in LPTJ meetups

DCDave

« Reply #47 on: Aug 28, 2012, 10:41:17 AM »

I'm only sort of interested in this beer fest but I am definitely interested in LPTJ meetups

Well, one thing is for sure and that is that blucas won't show.

But what the fuck do I know, I have a penis.
YojimboMonkey

« Reply #48 on: Aug 28, 2012, 10:45:38 AM »

blucas showed for lunch when cf was in town. right after I spent like 5 minutes talking about how he'd probably flake.

RoyBiggins

« Reply #49 on: Aug 28, 2012, 11:55:45 AM »

That was really funny.  He walked in and we were all like "Heyyy" and he said "Were you guys just talking about how I wasn't going to show?"

This year's Village Voice Jizz and Pap list had a whole lot of birds I'd never even heard of before.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Print
LPTJ | Last Plane Forums | White Courtesy Phone | Topic: Rahm Emanuel for President: new Chicago thread
Jump to: