Home
Help
Search
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Nov 25, 2014, 10:58:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search: Advanced search
658236 Posts in 9262 Topics by 3396 Members Latest Member: - vlozan86 Most online today: 55 - most online ever: 494 (Jul 01, 2007, 02:59:53 PM)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 22
Print
Author Topic: If your boss is an S.O.B tell him to S.H.O.V.E the J.O.B - new job thrad  (Read 25601 times)
peacocks

« Reply #75 on: Jun 09, 2011, 09:25:06 AM »

That sucks. I hate managers who get up on their high horse and ride sally ride until quitting feels like the only thing you can do to better the situation. They think a title and some authority is enough to warrant being a complete dick to everyone and picking out favorites. I think I've had some range of this experience at every place I've worked at except for my present gig, which is sweet. Hope you can find a better job and if not, I hope this lady changes or goes away.

dick-check your priviledge
RavingLunatic

« Reply #76 on: Jun 09, 2011, 09:28:01 AM »

Yeah, Jeb, dude, that sucks. Definitely get out of that situation as soon as possible. Until then, I hope things get a little more tolerable for you.

I will meditate and then destroy you!
peacocks

« Reply #77 on: Jun 21, 2011, 09:27:04 PM »

work fashion for mixed cats:

mixed cats

« Reply #78 on: Jun 21, 2011, 10:29:59 PM »

hahaha
a couple years ago I accidentally got a whole lot of Krazy Glue in my hair at work and my supervisor was all, "Well I guess we need to update the emergency plan for this kind of accident, huh"

call me, and we'll sit down and work it out
over pancakes and orange juices
nonotyet

« Reply #79 on: Jun 22, 2011, 12:43:35 PM »

Dear Baltimore Social Security Administration:

ANSWER YOUR GOD DAMN PHONES I AM VERY EXCITED THAT YOUR VOICEMAILS ARE ALL IN BALTIMORE ACCENTS BUT I AM THIS CLOSE TO TAKING THE SIX CHECKS THAT YOU SENT ME AND SETTING THEM ON FIRE I HAVE CALLED YOU EIGHTY-EIGHT TIMES TODAY AND NO ONE EVER PICKS UP. ALSO YOUR AUTOMATED SYSTEM IS BUSTED.  I HATE YOU.

Dear Wisconsin Social Security Adminisrtation:

Fuck you for outsourcing your shit.

sincerely etc.
jebreject

« Reply #80 on: Jun 22, 2011, 01:32:43 PM »

Ask them if Stringer Bell is there

I'm not racist, I've got lots of black Facebook friends.
nonotyet

« Reply #81 on: Jun 22, 2011, 01:42:58 PM »

WHERE'S WALLACE, BALTIMORE SOCIAL SECURITY ADMINISTRATION?!
WHERE WALLACE AT?
jebreject

« Reply #82 on: Jun 22, 2011, 05:47:27 PM »

Oh shit that made me laugh really hard

Good job, NNY.

I'm not racist, I've got lots of black Facebook friends.
peacocks

« Reply #83 on: Jun 30, 2011, 01:25:07 PM »

If I report something to my project manager and he doesn't report it to the client in a timely matter is it my fault? Should I report problems directly to the client above my PM's head, or in addition to telling him? With a different PM for a different project whenever we had problems she said to tell her first and she would talk to the client. She always wanted to be the one communicating things of importance to them because the whole project was her responsibility. I am not really sure where I stand with this. I'm pretty sure it's just as much my fault.

dumbfish

« Reply #84 on: Jun 30, 2011, 01:26:25 PM »

If the PM is the usual link between your firm and the client, this is on the PM.

Love is awesome and has only Darko to fight for rebounds.
peacocks

« Reply #85 on: Jun 30, 2011, 01:53:40 PM »

Ok. Thanks. It'll work out, I'm sure.

Dick

« Reply #86 on: Jun 30, 2011, 02:10:12 PM »

Just remember the three D's: Deny knowledge, Deny responsibility, Demand proof.

We believe in hydration.
Nick Ink

« Reply #87 on: Jun 30, 2011, 02:30:19 PM »

I just applied to do some Cambridge ESOL exam marking. It would be fairly easy (mostly online, written papers for exams I'm familiar with) and would provide some useful extra income. Don't know why I didn't do it years ago, really.

Also work-related, it looks odds on that I'll get to go to Moscow again some time this year, or perhaps early next. Which is excellent - I have a long list of things I want to do there that I didn't get around to last time.

Seest thou what happens, Laurence, when thou firk’st a stranger ‘twixt the buttocks?!
Good Intentions

« Reply #88 on: Jul 01, 2011, 12:26:39 AM »

Goddamnit I hate job hunting. Every position is nothing except pointless busywork, every role description is contentless, all the mission statements discordant noise, and I can't work up the enthusiasm to become invested in what amounts to managing expectations. Sometimes I wish the world would descend into flames and I could retire to some hermitage or the abyss. The longer this goes on, the less I care of which it is.
Good Intentions

« Reply #89 on: Jul 01, 2011, 12:33:02 AM »

For fuck's sake, looking at job descriptions you would think that nobody anywhere does any productive work of any kind. Why must these things be set up so that any progress happens by accident?
elpollodiablo

« Reply #90 on: Jul 01, 2011, 09:23:16 AM »

Goddamnit I hate job hunting. Every position is nothing except pointless busywork, every role description is contentless, all the mission statements discordant noise, and I can't work up the enthusiasm to become invested in what amounts to managing expectations. Sometimes I wish the world would descend into flames and I could retire to some hermitage or the abyss. The longer this goes on, the less I care of which it is.

think 'on the road.'
peacocks

« Reply #91 on: Jul 01, 2011, 09:35:14 AM »

For fuck's sake, looking at job descriptions you would think that nobody anywhere does any productive work of any kind. Why must these things be set up so that any progress happens by accident?

You sound just like my friend who is also currently searching for jobs. He has an account just for yelling at the listings with the worst descriptions or are total scams.

Dick

« Reply #92 on: Jul 01, 2011, 10:33:17 AM »

Maybe learn a trade?

We believe in hydration.
Good Intentions

« Reply #93 on: Jul 01, 2011, 07:34:16 PM »

I don't get the reference.
Good Intentions

« Reply #94 on: Jul 01, 2011, 07:35:24 PM »

Maybe learn a trade?
The thought has crossed my mind, though I'm looking more for a way to put some cash in my bank account and occupy myself usefully for 6 months to a year than map out a life course. Though you never know.
milesofsparks

« Reply #95 on: Jul 03, 2011, 07:04:43 PM »

With some of my research and knowledge I am a little sure about it.
Good Intentions

« Reply #96 on: Jul 05, 2011, 06:32:22 PM »

Well, one of the useless busywork jobs I applied for is interviewing me Monday. As was to be expected, after getting a string of rejections for various uninspiring positions, it's the most attractive position which came back to me - it'll even allow me to keep up my academic pretensions.
clare

« Reply #97 on: Jul 05, 2011, 07:29:54 PM »

The bloke is having similar problems finding a job here. Things that he's qualified for don't have the same payscale as in the US, and things of equivalent pay are all at management level, where he doesn't really want to be "I'm a scientist, damn it!" (I know, firstworldproblems.)

You must have a very long, thin, tapered penis.
peacocks

« Reply #98 on: Jul 07, 2011, 03:59:40 PM »

i got really wet doing field work in the rain and I am back in the office but have to stick around for a bit before going home and I am quite cold.

cold before sunrise

« Reply #99 on: Jul 08, 2011, 03:02:01 PM »

job = just over broke. why bother? http://www.ted.com/talks/cameron_herold_let_s_raise_kids_to_be_entrepreneurs.html

Riding a tidal wave of whiskey on a surfboard made out of don't care.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 22
Print
LPTJ | Last Plane Forums | Departure Lounge | Topic: If your boss is an S.O.B tell him to S.H.O.V.E the J.O.B - new job thrad
Jump to: