Home
Help
Search
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Oct 30, 2014, 07:37:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search: Advanced search
658143 Posts in 9262 Topics by 3396 Members Latest Member: - vlozan86 Most online today: 48 - most online ever: 494 (Jul 01, 2007, 02:59:53 PM)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 22
Print
Author Topic: If your boss is an S.O.B tell him to S.H.O.V.E the J.O.B - new job thrad  (Read 25063 times)
G.C.R

« on: Apr 06, 2011, 10:23:12 PM »

From here: http://www.lastplanetojakarta.com/forums/index.php/topic,12409.600.html cos its like 25 pages or some shit

I got a cold and dammit I don't want to spend tonight sneezing at customers, for their sake and mine

I think it's fair to assume we'll be inebriated and covered in bodily effluvia all weekend
Ignatius

« Reply #1 on: Apr 07, 2011, 03:00:54 AM »

I haven't had much cause to complain about work lately, mostly because I haven't had a job, but... I've been an intern at this place for a few months, working under the very friendly oversight of the lady who set me up... However, the main I've been working on with her was willfully taken over without cause by someone else in the office, and it's kinda distressing. This is my first experience working outside of retail or food service in any capacity, and my new boss is office poison. She wastes so much time hating on and getting  flustered about everything, constantly talks shit about whoever's not around like no one in the building is even trying to do their job, though they wouldn't know how anyway.

I mean, I'm doing it for free and all, but I can't understand someone who has such a shitty attitude towards the thing she spends most of her time doing. I thought retail could get on your nerves with all the negative customer interactions, but I guess that you can sort of discard those once they're through. Anyway I just wanted to say YUCK on you, my new boss.

It's a shame, because I really like the organization and while I understand that I'm kind of a disposable grunt, my grunt-tasks were in the service of someone who appreciated things generally. I gather that the misery thrower is something of an office type, but how does one protect himself from that nasty energy, particularly when it exudes from your direct superior?
Ignatius

« Reply #2 on: Apr 07, 2011, 03:56:02 AM »

err, ignore that, sorry.
nonotyet

« Reply #3 on: Apr 07, 2011, 02:46:06 PM »

Q:
What is the best way to get me to get you your medication list for your court date on Monday?
A:
Call me a bitch.
RavingLunatic

« Reply #4 on: Apr 09, 2011, 06:18:07 PM »

Q:
What is the best way to get me to get you your medication list for your court date on Monday?
A:
Call me a bitch.
Also a good way to get another court date.

....how does one protect himself from that nasty energy, particularly when it exudes from your direct superior?

I had a job/internship thing where this was the case, only this person was more in the business of insulting you to your face than behind your back. They weren't paying me, and I left after a couple weeks. No regrets. The dude who had my spot the year before me was openly engaged in hostilities with this manager, and I have no idea how he lasted a whole year. I think he at least got some satisfaction with arguing with the manager, whereas I just endured the abuse impassively.

I will meditate and then destroy you!
Ignatius

« Reply #5 on: Apr 10, 2011, 05:15:43 AM »

It's not abuse so much... I can handle (or strongly reject) that. It's more of an attitude that prioritizes personal slights and secretive accusations of presumed incompetence as the number one office concern as opposed to our actual goal, which is bringing in money so that the organization can function. The scope of her complaints extends well beyond the scope of her office, however.

Welcome to me, who bitches about bitching.
davy

« Reply #6 on: Apr 11, 2011, 06:47:28 PM »

First LPTJ post from new desk at new job!  Very Happy

The drummer IS the foundation, p3wn.
clare

« Reply #7 on: Apr 11, 2011, 08:03:09 PM »

Cool Excellent davy.

You must have a very long, thin, tapered penis.
nonotyet

« Reply #8 on: Apr 14, 2011, 11:46:45 AM »

Dear HR Lady:

I understand that your excuse for not putting my raise on my last paycheck was that you were on vacation. What the fuck is your excuse this time? My review was in FEBRUARY. IT WAS A GOOD REVIEW  AND MY BOSS TOLD YOU THAT YOU NEED TO BRING ME UP TO SPEED WITH THE REST OF THE STAFF AND I HAVE A GOD DAMN COLLEGE FUCKING DEGREE AND YET SOMEHOW I MAKE LESS MONEY THAN THE FRONT DESK. PAY ME.

PS: Also pay my student loan bill this month.

« Last Edit: Apr 14, 2011, 11:48:58 AM by nonotyet » Logged
jebreject

« Reply #9 on: Apr 14, 2011, 06:57:23 PM »

I am so burned out by my job right now

Someone convince me to go back to school or something

I'm not racist, I've got lots of black Facebook friends.
clare

« Reply #10 on: Apr 14, 2011, 10:30:21 PM »

Isn't that what your school is trying to convince you? sounds like a goer to me...

You must have a very long, thin, tapered penis.
peacocks

« Reply #11 on: Apr 15, 2011, 02:29:43 PM »

O I'm picking out healthcare coverage todaay
Not an ordinary healthcare coverage, todaay

I wonder how much I will have to pay
for a pap smear and a boobcheck this may

dick-check your priviledge
G.C.R

« Reply #12 on: Apr 21, 2011, 10:45:44 PM »

Workin, workin, workin Good Friday
Workin, workin, workin with the flu
making lots of mistakes and sneezing at customers
yeah its what I do

I think it's fair to assume we'll be inebriated and covered in bodily effluvia all weekend
Ignatius

« Reply #13 on: Apr 21, 2011, 11:10:10 PM »

It's ok gcr, jesus died for your mistakes today. That's a license to sneeze!
Antero

« Reply #14 on: Apr 21, 2011, 11:21:23 PM »

Can we make a rule that all posts in this thread have to be in the form of worksongs?

Quote from: nonotyet
this has been OPINIONS IN CAPSLOCK
peacocks

« Reply #15 on: Apr 25, 2011, 01:29:08 PM »

no. but I'll try:

row row row your boat
half way into the marsh
then tip it over and fall the fuck out
for goodness sake save the data

davy

« Reply #16 on: Apr 25, 2011, 03:23:13 PM »

I was about to log on here and ask for advice but I already did the thing I was going to ask about, so I guess now I'm just venting.

Before I arrived a couple weeks ago, the library where I work staffed a handful of student workers, a grad assistant, a parapro, and a full-time librarian. I've been here for two weeks, and today, the higher-ups fired the parapro, a helpful and well-liked guy named Joey who has been here for 3 years (making him the senior member of the team). Stands to reason that my arrival is the cause of it, and I feel terrible. I feel a lot worse for him than I do for me, because after all, I've got the job now and he doesn't. But nevertheless, I feel pretty vulnerable all of a sudden, like a dozen disapproving eyes are looking in my direction.

I didn't realize I'd feel more like "the new guy" during my third week than I did on my first day. Bleh.

Our desks back up to each other and we've worked a lot of hours together already, so I felt like apologizing to him and was going to ask if it was appropriate for me to do so. But I already did, and he was gracious about it, and he seems to be taking it all pretty well, considering.

Still.

peacocks

« Reply #17 on: Apr 25, 2011, 04:21:19 PM »

ouch, that's sticky. I'm sure he knows it isn't your fault. Maybe he was forewarned of all this once the library started interviewing for the position you have now.

davy

« Reply #18 on: Apr 25, 2011, 04:26:54 PM »

Unfortunately not. I was sitting right here in front of him when the VP called this morning and asked him to come down to the administrative building. Sad

Ignatius

« Reply #19 on: Apr 25, 2011, 07:53:12 PM »

You're a good dude, davy, and your co-workers will naturally come to that realization that even if they resent you a bit now. Unless they're bad people, I'm sure they recognize you're not the one responsible for the situation.
Thermofusion

« Reply #20 on: Apr 25, 2011, 10:52:22 PM »

You could do what I do, and feed off the enmity of your co-workers.

triple paisley minimum
jm

« Reply #21 on: Apr 26, 2011, 01:25:29 PM »

Holy dicks why is it ten degrees hotter inside my office than outside in direct sunlight today

Seriously pls fix

His hand is holding my hands, which are rested on his knee.
mixed cats

« Reply #22 on: Apr 26, 2011, 01:29:16 PM »

considering officially starting a small business related to my art/craft skillz
harboring many fears here
have started a flowchart

call me, and we'll sit down and work it out
over pancakes and orange juices
elpollodiablo

« Reply #23 on: Apr 26, 2011, 01:32:12 PM »

-->Should you do it-->DOOOOO IIIIIIIIIIIITTTT

think 'on the road.'
mixed cats

« Reply #24 on: Apr 26, 2011, 01:39:50 PM »

Basically!

call me, and we'll sit down and work it out
over pancakes and orange juices
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 22
Print
LPTJ | Last Plane Forums | Departure Lounge | Topic: If your boss is an S.O.B tell him to S.H.O.V.E the J.O.B - new job thrad
Jump to: