Home
Help
Search
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Sep 02, 2014, 07:55:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search: Advanced search
657942 Posts in 9260 Topics by 3396 Members Latest Member: - vlozan86 Most online today: 83 - most online ever: 494 (Jul 01, 2007, 02:59:53 PM)
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23
Print
Author Topic: goddamn first world problems (annoyed)  (Read 21173 times)
jm

« Reply #525 on: Oct 30, 2011, 02:04:52 AM »

I dunno.  There were a number of dangerous thoroughfares between my house and my school; plus, I lived in an area where walking anywhere wasn't the done thing.  Not that I'm defending that; I rather like walking.  Just, you know, nobody did.

His hand is holding my hands, which are rested on his knee.
peacocks

« Reply #526 on: Oct 30, 2011, 02:14:26 AM »

yeah, florida doesn't really ever have weather that is unsuitable to walk in and the neighborhood I grew up in is pretty idyllic ALTHOUGH there were about 3 incidences that could have ended badly when I would walk to my clarinet lessons in middle school about a mile away- the worst one involved a guy following me down the street in his car yelling at me to get in and I had to run to the first house I saw to avoid possibly getting abducted.

dick-check your priviledge
clare

« Reply #527 on: Oct 30, 2011, 07:37:51 AM »

2 miles is quite a long way for an elementary school kid to walk though. That's how far it was from home to the big boy's school. We never walked it, though we did cycle it before E was born. Even the school recognised it as 'too far'. Their 'walking school bus' only started a mile away. It'd've taken us a good 45 mins, and no-one's got that kind of time to waste in the mornings these days. If he'd had friends to walk with I'd've been more into it, but not on his own...

You must have a very long, thin, tapered penis.
elpollodiablo

« Reply #528 on: Oct 30, 2011, 08:07:29 PM »

I've got a student that I extremely dislike this semester. I made the mistake of offering to read a draft of one of her essays a second time, and now she seems to think I'm her fucking employee or something. She talks to me in this extremely entitled way and does things like write an incredibly pushy, bitchy email essentially demanding a response, and then resending the same message like three hours later if I don't reply. Sort of I want to dress her down, and sort of I don't really care enough. Incidentally, a terrible writer!

think 'on the road.'
Chet

« Reply #529 on: Oct 30, 2011, 08:16:10 PM »

Give me her email address. I'll send her photos of my penis.

"You need to put some clothes on and eat some food."
davy

« Reply #530 on: Nov 02, 2011, 08:44:39 AM »

In my inbox this morning from mint.com.

Hmph.  Confused There's always next month, I guess.

The drummer IS the foundation, p3wn.
hannah

« Reply #531 on: Nov 02, 2011, 08:15:06 PM »

Fuck, what a terrible day.
jebreject

« Reply #532 on: Nov 02, 2011, 10:04:06 PM »

Hh. Is there anything we can do to help?

I'm not racist, I've got lots of black Facebook friends.
hannah

« Reply #533 on: Nov 02, 2011, 10:10:00 PM »

Ah, thanks, it's just a load of lots of tiny turds (as opposed to one giant steaming pile of crap) all at once. Just posting made me feel somewhat better about have to deal with some of them. And your response helped, too!
jebreject

« Reply #534 on: Nov 02, 2011, 10:19:16 PM »

We should hang out soon. M and I are overdue for a chicago trip.

I'm not racist, I've got lots of black Facebook friends.
Thermofusion

« Reply #535 on: Nov 02, 2011, 10:19:43 PM »

Tiny turds: there may be more of them but they're easier to scoop! That's all the advice I got, I'm having a stressful week too but your dung metaphor already has me thinking a little more clearly.

triple paisley minimum
elpollodiablo

« Reply #536 on: Nov 15, 2011, 04:07:55 PM »

I am hunkered down with the cats in a lightly cheap motel room while our apartment is sprayed for the bugs who shall not be named. This whole experience has been horrific, but at least I'm getting a lot of work done over here.

Hey, I'm doing this again today! Except I'm not getting shit done.

think 'on the road.'
fishjim

« Reply #537 on: Nov 15, 2011, 04:14:00 PM »

In that case, maybe just spark one and spin some Furry Lewis.

"Mean Old Bed Bug Blues"
« Last Edit: Nov 16, 2011, 03:49:13 AM by fishjim » Logged

Just wandering the countryside clearing caves.
elpollodiablo

« Reply #538 on: Nov 15, 2011, 10:25:25 PM »

Christ I'm exhausted. I'm also high, though, so there's that.

This whole experience--I'd wish it on my worst enemy. Precisely this. In fact in the future my go-to curse could be "May you get bed bugs, fucker"

think 'on the road.'
Lucy

« Reply #539 on: Nov 16, 2011, 12:09:41 AM »

I live in fear of bedbugs -- I've had enough friends that have dealt with them. Hang in there, man.

Just got back from the ER. Discharge papers say "diagnosis: cough". No shit, guys. They did say they think I have pneumonia, but that the drugs I'm already on should knock it out too, so they didn't want to charge me for x-rays to prove it. They wrote a scrip for a different narcotic cough med -- here's hoping it works, because I've already pulled muscles in my groin and lower back from coughing and strained my ribs, and it's showing no signs of letting up.
G.C.R

« Reply #540 on: Nov 16, 2011, 12:32:12 AM »

Lucy and Miles, that sounds so bad. Hope you're both better soon.

I think it's fair to assume we'll be inebriated and covered in bodily effluvia all weekend
Captain

« Reply #541 on: Nov 16, 2011, 01:51:31 AM »

I live in fear of bedbugs -- I've had enough friends that have dealt with them. Hang in there, man.

Just got back from the ER. Discharge papers say "diagnosis: cough". No shit, guys. They did say they think I have pneumonia, but that the drugs I'm already on should knock it out too, so they didn't want to charge me for x-rays to prove it.

Obviously, you don't have to share or anything... but what drugs did they already prescribe? Also, how long ago?
fishjim

« Reply #542 on: Nov 16, 2011, 04:00:16 AM »

Who was it who said, "Peace will not come until helicopters do not hover over peaceful protest actions."

I could hardly walk around Berkeley today without hearing choppers.
« Last Edit: Nov 16, 2011, 09:12:50 AM by fishjim » Logged

Lucy

« Reply #543 on: Nov 16, 2011, 07:57:16 AM »

Just got back from the ER. Discharge papers say "diagnosis: cough". No shit, guys. They did say they think I have pneumonia, but that the drugs I'm already on should knock it out too, so they didn't want to charge me for x-rays to prove it.

Obviously, you don't have to share or anything... but what drugs did they already prescribe? Also, how long ago?

I'd been on Cheritussin AC, Tessalon Perles and Doxycycline for a day. I had no expectation of feeling awesome -- I know antibiotics can take a while to kick in -- but I was doubled over coughing pretty much constantly, with no change in status at any point after taking either the Cheritussin or the Tessalon Perles, which isn't how cough meds are supposed to work. I called the immediate care clinic where I'd been seen Monday to see if I should just let it build up in my system more or if there was anything else they could try instead, and they told me to go to the ER. On Hydromet now, which has been much more effective.
Captain

« Reply #544 on: Nov 16, 2011, 09:51:26 AM »

Okay, word.  I'm glad you're feeling better!  For a moment I thought it sounded like you had been put on two or more cough suppressants but no antibiotic--which would be a bizarre way to treat a pneumonia, indeed.
elpollodiablo

« Reply #545 on: Nov 19, 2011, 07:32:54 PM »

I am definitely in a stage of "fuck the fucking academy, burn it down" right now

think 'on the road.'
hannah

« Reply #546 on: Nov 19, 2011, 07:53:59 PM »

I am definitely in a stage of "fuck the fucking academy, burn it down" right now

Amen.
fishjim

« Reply #547 on: Nov 19, 2011, 10:50:25 PM »

Amen.

That's my personal feeling, but it's more about fucking postwar writing programs than the academy generally.

heather marie

« Reply #548 on: Nov 20, 2011, 01:30:54 AM »

I am super annoyed that both of the overnight folks at work quit so I am now covering for them as I train the new people. I'm also annoyed that my boss is like "oh, hey, work a 10 hour shift but DON'T DO ANY WORK, save that for the new people" so me being there is pointless. And yeah, I should be happy to get paid but goddamn I would rather be sleeping.

Oh and now I am annoyed that I need to stay up for 6 more hours to sleep all day tomorrow to go to work and Netflix is skipping and there is nothing but infomercials on TV and this pumpkin beer is not pumpkin-y enough and clearly I don't function well when I am sleep deprived.
elpollodiablo

« Reply #549 on: Nov 21, 2011, 11:09:40 AM »

This bed bug thing... It's never going to end. Exterminator has been here twice, 90% of our possessions are in plastic bags, there are not sheets on the bed, everything is in piles in the middle of rooms, and I just saw one crawling across my pant leg two days ago. Then another one in the bathroom last night. Then I discovered one crawling across the desk AT MY OFFICE this morning. So now I get to figure out how to approach the building staff and let them know that hey, you've got fucking bed bugs in this building. And now I'm second-guessing myself, wondering if all of this actually started after I brought some books home from my office back in August.

We really don't know what to do. If someone told me they could eliminate this problem, guaranteed, for $3k, I would clear my bank account right now.

think 'on the road.'
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23
Print
LPTJ | Last Plane Forums | Departure Lounge | Topic: goddamn first world problems (annoyed)
Jump to: