Home
Help
Search
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Nov 23, 2014, 12:48:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search: Advanced search
658205 Posts in 9262 Topics by 3396 Members Latest Member: - vlozan86 Most online today: 40 - most online ever: 494 (Jul 01, 2007, 02:59:53 PM)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 25
Print
Author Topic: I will move your controller using only the power of my mind. (video games)  (Read 18952 times)
Dick

« Reply #25 on: Aug 02, 2011, 05:28:15 PM »

Never got into Diablo; too much clicking.

I'm more of an 'arcane keyboard map to tape above your monitor' kind of guy.

We believe in hydration.
Chet

« Reply #26 on: Aug 02, 2011, 09:53:03 PM »

your mom hates dead space 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9qF1udxn6E

"You need to put some clothes on and eat some food."
davy

« Reply #27 on: Aug 02, 2011, 10:03:35 PM »

Oh hey, I finally finished the first one tonight. Those last two or three acts were pretty intense!

The drummer IS the foundation, p3wn.
Chet

« Reply #28 on: Aug 02, 2011, 10:06:16 PM »

Wooo. Yay. The only neg thing I have to say about Dead Space is that the final boss fight is pretty lame.

Good Intentions

« Reply #29 on: Aug 02, 2011, 10:18:57 PM »

I'm taken to having a copy of Nethack on my desktop at work.

I know you're more of an ADOM guy - if work gets slow enough, I might give it a try.
FreddyKnuckles

« Reply #30 on: Aug 02, 2011, 11:34:56 PM »

I would be lying if I said I didn't play like 40hrs plus of d2. Great, engaging plot, for the style. Good, addicting rpg leveling.

Quote from: Heathcote
I'm in with Greg Nog, IT'S FUCKING FAFFLE TIME!
davy

« Reply #31 on: Aug 02, 2011, 11:54:49 PM »

Yeah, I enjoyed both of them immensely. Can't say I'm too excited about this one, though. I'm not much for online gaming, really.

The drummer IS the foundation, p3wn.
charlie

« Reply #32 on: Aug 03, 2011, 07:09:16 AM »

I know you're more of an ADOM guy - if work gets slow enough, I might give it a try.

Just a telnet/ssh client will work - use nethack.alt.org
Ah_Pook

« Reply #33 on: Aug 03, 2011, 04:51:37 PM »

Yeah, I enjoyed both of them immensely. Can't say I'm too excited about this one, though. I'm not much for online gaming, really.

you realize you only have to be online as an anticheating/antipiracy measure yes? you dont have to actually be playing online with people or anything...

Blame it on the girls who know what to do
Blame it on the boys who keep hitting on you
Dick

« Reply #34 on: Aug 03, 2011, 05:11:58 PM »

protip, right here. 

Anyway, I was more of an ADOM guy in high school, but I don't think anything has really been done to ADOM in 10 years or more.  If'n I'm going to get into a roguelike again, I think dungeon crawl: stone soup will be the one.

We believe in hydration.
coldforge

« Reply #35 on: Aug 03, 2011, 05:40:22 PM »

On the ADOM tip, Biskup just started releasing very early versions of the ADOM sequel, JADE. Myself, I moved on to dungeon crawl stone soup a good while back, to my satisfaction. But ever since I switched away from QWERTY, and spending all my time on a numpad-less keyboard, I more or less dropped off entirely from roguelikes.

l'era del terzo mondo.
FreddyKnuckles

« Reply #36 on: Aug 03, 2011, 05:51:37 PM »

you realize you only have to be online as an anticheating/antipiracy measure yes? you dont have to actually be playing online with people or anything...

So there is a regular single player game?

Chet

« Reply #37 on: Aug 03, 2011, 05:57:50 PM »

Is it possible to fail in L.A Noire?

Good Intentions

« Reply #38 on: Aug 03, 2011, 07:00:28 PM »

Is it possible to fail in L.A Noire?
Depends on what you mean. If you close a case, it's closed, even if you nabbed the wrong guy. So, in that sense, no. You can get sub-optimal results, which is probably as close to failure you'll get in a modern major wide-release game.
alistarr*

« Reply #39 on: Aug 04, 2011, 04:39:34 AM »

So there is a regular single player game?

Yeah, with apparently a much bigger attempt at storytelling than the previous games. But you will have to be connected to the internet constantly while playing it, which is what that news story up there was about.
FreddyKnuckles

« Reply #40 on: Aug 04, 2011, 08:27:12 AM »

I'm sure my friends will find a way for me to pirate it, suckers.

Chet

« Reply #41 on: Aug 05, 2011, 12:36:27 PM »

After a little over 10 hours with New Vegas my conclusion is that it's awesome.

FreddyKnuckles

« Reply #42 on: Aug 05, 2011, 02:38:03 PM »

It didn't give me the same thrill as the last one, but as far as video games go it's definitely worth your time/money.

Good Intentions

« Reply #43 on: Aug 06, 2011, 12:27:51 AM »

protip, right here. 
I never used the telnet server because I couldn't be bothered to configure it the way I wanted, but now that you mention it, that's not a bad way to go about things.

Checking NAO I see that somebody has managed 29 straight ascencions. They beat one of the most punishing and unforgiving games out there, without dying or using saves to take back mistakes, 29 times running. I feel deeply inadequate as a computer gamer.
Dick

« Reply #44 on: Aug 06, 2011, 01:51:32 AM »

I was playing nethack just now because of this thread, and grayswandir (arguably the best weapon in the game) was randomly generated on fucking dungeon level 3.  If I don't ascend with this character, I have only myself to blame.

We believe in hydration.
Good Intentions

« Reply #45 on: Aug 06, 2011, 02:48:00 AM »

... I hate you.

I've still never ascended. Not that I've played all that much (it's something I pick up and put down every once in a while), but it still hurts.
Killdozersnakeboy

« Reply #46 on: Aug 06, 2011, 06:24:26 AM »

Getting a new high score in Bejeweled is one of the more satisfying gaming experiences I know of.

"It's more easier to do it if you done it than what it is to explain it. Your middle part is all you move. There's a lot of 'em that does and no good about it"
charlie

« Reply #47 on: Aug 06, 2011, 11:06:36 AM »

protip, right here. 
I never used the telnet server because I couldn't be bothered to configure it the way I wanted, but now that you mention it, that's not a bad way to go about things.

Checking NAO I see that somebody has managed 29 straight ascencions. They beat one of the most punishing and unforgiving games out there, without dying or using saves to take back mistakes, 29 times running. I feel deeply inadequate as a computer gamer.

One of the great things about NAO is that you share bones files with the other players.  Also, I win the scrub award for losing a game where a wand of wishing turned up in a shop on D3 -- to something dumb like trying to convert the alter in minetown before I was ready to take on the priest.
Dick

« Reply #48 on: Aug 06, 2011, 02:25:23 PM »

One of the great things about NAO is that you share bones files with the other players.  Also, I win the scrub award for losing a game where a wand of wishing turned up in a shop on D3 -- to something dumb like trying to convert the alter in minetown before I was ready to take on the priest.
Minetown is one of the more dangerous areas of the game IMO because you tend to let your guard down.  I lost a promising lvl 10 valkyrie (with mjollnir and sunsword) recently because I pissed off a guard by kicking in a door.

... I hate you.

I've still never ascended. Not that I've played all that much (it's something I pick up and put down every once in a while), but it still hurts.
I ascended twice in high school.  Once with a wizard, and once with a monk.  Wouldn't recommend the second.  I save-scummed both times, so I don't get any OG points for having ascended.  After a few years of playing I realized that the early game is the only really fun part of Nethack, I find the late game boring because there are only a few real avenues to ascension no matter how you play the game.  So I just enjoy the ride now, until I get kicked to death by a unicorn or whatever.

We believe in hydration.
Good Intentions

« Reply #49 on: Aug 06, 2011, 06:16:36 PM »

Maybe that's why my best runs always end by Death By Boredom. Or maybe I'm just an inattentive twit.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 25
Print
LPTJ | Last Plane Forums | Departure Lounge | Topic: I will move your controller using only the power of my mind. (video games)
Jump to: