Home
Help
Search
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Nov 29, 2014, 04:43:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search: Advanced search
658238 Posts in 9262 Topics by 3396 Members Latest Member: - vlozan86 Most online today: 35 - most online ever: 494 (Jul 01, 2007, 02:59:53 PM)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 23
Print
Author Topic: NARMOD OANRMD DNAORM RANDOM  (Read 20530 times)
G.C.R

« on: Aug 31, 2011, 10:31:26 PM »

From Here

Well so I found this mangled sentence in the liner notes to a dvd - "Josef von Sterberg was born in Vienna, then Austria-Hungary, the child of two Orthodox Jews and a father who was seldom there." It keeps running through my head and making me smile.
What random things are making you smile today?

I think it's fair to assume we'll be inebriated and covered in bodily effluvia all weekend
Anne the Man

« Reply #1 on: Sep 01, 2011, 10:10:01 PM »

Jack White and Insane Clown Posse do Mozart

I'm putting it here rather than Earbuds so everyone will see it. It's...wow. Like someone ate sheet music and shat it into a gramophone.

Hey jerks, mind if I watch you jerks do your jerk-bending?
ellaguru

« Reply #2 on: Sep 01, 2011, 10:28:32 PM »

Thanks, Anne, that was pretty funny.

I also engaged in a rigorous study of philosophy and religion...but cheerfulness kept creeping in.
Good Intentions

« Reply #3 on: Sep 02, 2011, 02:15:29 AM »

On the premise that there's no such thing as bad publicity, that is a genius PR move. I've seen half a dozen links to it today.
jebreject

« Reply #4 on: Sep 02, 2011, 06:47:14 PM »

Jack White and Insane Clown Posse do Mozart

I'm putting it here rather than Earbuds so everyone will see it. It's...wow. Like someone ate sheet music and shat it into a gramophone.

The entire internet was up in arms about this all day yesterday or the day before or whatever. I literally had friends posting shit like "shame on Jack White." My reaction is nothing more than, oh, hey, there's a thing that I'll never listen to.

I'm not racist, I've got lots of black Facebook friends.
FreddyKnuckles

« Reply #5 on: Sep 02, 2011, 07:05:53 PM »

I can see if you're a huge jack white fan being a little bummed. Like if Bon Iver teamed up with ICP Blucas would be bummed

Quote from: Heathcote
I'm in with Greg Nog, IT'S FUCKING FAFFLE TIME!
Thermofusion

« Reply #6 on: Sep 02, 2011, 07:43:29 PM »

+ calling Mozart's scat songs his "underground shit"
- no use of Tom Hulce's laugh from Amadeus...perfect for an ICP recording honestly
+ the harpsichord
- the way they pronounce mich

triple paisley minimum
ellaguru

« Reply #7 on: Sep 02, 2011, 07:57:06 PM »

Also, while it's an easy joke, the bit about Mozart being def is pretty funny, too.

I also engaged in a rigorous study of philosophy and religion...but cheerfulness kept creeping in.
Greg Nog

« Reply #8 on: Sep 02, 2011, 09:35:10 PM »

My reaction is nothing more than, oh, hey, there's a thing that I'll never listen to.

Whoa, my reaction was the exact opposite!
YojimboMonkey

« Reply #9 on: Sep 03, 2011, 05:48:31 PM »

word, it's like required listening if only for the wtfness of it

Anus-licking causes sepsis; if not given antibiotics within a half hour, they perish.
YojimboMonkey

« Reply #10 on: Sep 03, 2011, 05:49:43 PM »

I mean, I saw one headline that mentioned Jack White / ICP collab, didn't hook me. Then I saw the AV Club headline, "Jack White produced an Insane Clown Posse cover of a Mozart song about licking asses" and it was on.

Anus-licking causes sepsis; if not given antibiotics within a half hour, they perish.
Ignatius

« Reply #11 on: Sep 05, 2011, 01:37:00 PM »

There was a butterfly trapped in my bedroom, sort of beating itself against the window in an attempt to get out. By the time I was fully awake, it had settled down. I opened the window and took the screen out, but it didn't appear to be interested in flying out any more. I sort of convinced it to walk onto my finger, because I was worried that prodding it might ruin its wings or something. (Is that correct?) Then I held my hand outside, but it still wouldn't fly away, so I tapped its body with my other hand.

And it walked off and fell the full two stories to the earth and stayed there, unmoving. So that answers that question. I was sad.
Greg Nog

« Reply #12 on: Sep 09, 2011, 09:07:52 AM »

Easily the best thing I've read on Wikipedia all week:

Porky is invited to meet a celebrity "Miss Shush", but it's revealed to be one final torture by daffy; Miss Shush is really a gorilla who proceeds to maul Porky.
Thermofusion

« Reply #13 on: Sep 09, 2011, 12:49:12 PM »

Sept. 1, 1911: A woman believed to be a professional beggar arrived in the city yesterday, accompanied by a small infant and a man. An article in the Charlotte Chronicle reported that the woman makes a trip through the South every year, using a child to enlist public sympathy, giving it a dope of some kind to make it appear weak and sickly.

Sept. 2, 1911: The infant child of the man and woman reported as professional beggers died yesterday and the assistant superintendent of health, Dr. John Thames, determined that the couple were indeed in dire circumstances and in need of assistance. The man is crippled and unable to work.

triple paisley minimum
peacocks

« Reply #14 on: Sep 09, 2011, 01:25:40 PM »

There was a butterfly trapped in my bedroom, sort of beating itself against the window in an attempt to get out. By the time I was fully awake, it had settled down. I opened the window and took the screen out, but it didn't appear to be interested in flying out any more. I sort of convinced it to walk onto my finger, because I was worried that prodding it might ruin its wings or something. (Is that correct?) Then I held my hand outside, but it still wouldn't fly away, so I tapped its body with my other hand.

And it walked off and fell the full two stories to the earth and stayed there, unmoving. So that answers that question. I was sad.

Sad touching their wings too much does damage them a bit by rubbing the scales off but it doesn't prevent them from flying immediately- it is a thing that happens naturally over time. It was probably just knocked out from banging against the window so much even before you picked it up.

dick-check your priviledge
Nick Ink

« Reply #15 on: Sep 14, 2011, 04:46:28 PM »

A 20-hour recording of Finnegans Wake.

Seest thou what happens, Laurence, when thou firk’st a stranger ‘twixt the buttocks?!
Thermofusion

« Reply #16 on: Sep 18, 2011, 10:52:33 PM »

I was told tonight, by a Walgreens clerk, that I look like an insurance agent. WTF.

triple paisley minimum
Dick

« Reply #17 on: Sep 18, 2011, 11:37:38 PM »

The 'Thanks, you look like a drug store clerk!' retort is so easy that I sort of wonder what they were thinking when they made that remark.

We believe in hydration.
fishjim

« Reply #18 on: Sep 18, 2011, 11:45:11 PM »

POLAR BEAR THINKS IT'S A MOUNTAIN GOAT

Just wandering the countryside clearing caves.
RavingLunatic

« Reply #19 on: Sep 19, 2011, 01:03:14 AM »

Man, the evidence that polar bears are being pushed to the brink just keeps coming in. You have to figure that bear was starving.

I will meditate and then destroy you!
clare

« Reply #20 on: Sep 23, 2011, 07:52:14 AM »

So, I'm checking out the forums with Chrome for the first time, and it's almost unreadably small. WTF? Back to Firefox for me!

You must have a very long, thin, tapered penis.
Good Intentions

« Reply #21 on: Sep 23, 2011, 07:58:00 AM »

Ctrl + mousewheel up.
Little Sixes Little Nines

« Reply #22 on: Sep 23, 2011, 08:10:54 AM »

or, in absence of a mousewheel, Ctrl and +

i just sighed (my shitty tumblr)
Nick Ink

« Reply #23 on: Sep 23, 2011, 08:12:28 AM »

Ctrl + mousewheel up.

revelation!

Seest thou what happens, Laurence, when thou firk’st a stranger ‘twixt the buttocks?!
clare

« Reply #24 on: Sep 23, 2011, 08:58:54 AM »

or, in absence of a mousewheel, Ctrl and +

This, in fact, where ctrl=command ;-) Ta. much better.

You must have a very long, thin, tapered penis.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 23
Print
LPTJ | Last Plane Forums | Departure Lounge | Topic: NARMOD OANRMD DNAORM RANDOM
Jump to: