Home
Help
Search
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Oct 25, 2014, 03:40:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search: Advanced search
658135 Posts in 9262 Topics by 3396 Members Latest Member: - vlozan86 Most online today: 53 - most online ever: 494 (Jul 01, 2007, 02:59:53 PM)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: dumb photoshop repository  (Read 5775 times)
YojimboMonkey

« on: Sep 27, 2010, 10:55:51 PM »

I used to do a lot of photoshops but not so much for the past few years, but I recently did a couple and they are dumb but I found them amusing so what the hell, why not a photoshop thread to avoid shitting up the serious photography thread

ok so recently I did this LPTJ-themed photoshop depicting a sort of bat-signal for the LPTJCHI crowd

and then today on another board someone posted The Biting Pear of Salamanca, someone else made a joke about how it was obviously Bosch-inspired, and I decided to make a Giger-inspired biting pear and argue the point

So feel free to post your own dumb photoshops, or even not-so-dumb photoshops, I know I'm not the only dude who does this kinda shit

Anus-licking causes sepsis; if not given antibiotics within a half hour, they perish.
Anne the Man

« Reply #1 on: Sep 27, 2010, 11:46:32 PM »

I wish I had photoshop so I could contribute things. Mostly anti-anti-smoking ads. The LPTJ one is about the best thing ever.

Hey jerks, mind if I watch you jerks do your jerk-bending?
Greg Nog

« Reply #2 on: Sep 28, 2010, 08:23:29 AM »

A little while back, I was at a party where some ladies were singing in such a way as it seemed like lasers should be blasting out of their mouths.  So:

jm

« Reply #3 on: Sep 28, 2010, 08:27:12 AM »

This made me laugh and laugh and laugh and laugh.

His hand is holding my hands, which are rested on his knee.
jm

« Reply #4 on: Oct 12, 2010, 04:40:18 PM »

I was bored a few weeks back and looking through FT photos.

Stolas Trephinator stars in a made-up shitty horror movie:

A re-imagining of the cover of the Abigail EP:

His hand is holding my hands, which are rested on his knee.
YojimboMonkey

« Reply #5 on: Oct 13, 2010, 05:01:57 PM »

Here's an early one of mine and probably one of my absolute favorite ones I've ever done

and why not, another one, this is kind of a less is more thing

« Last Edit: Oct 13, 2010, 05:08:47 PM by YojimboMonkey » Logged

Anus-licking causes sepsis; if not given antibiotics within a half hour, they perish.
clare

« Reply #6 on: Oct 14, 2010, 07:25:19 AM »

Jim, that made me giggle uncontrollably.

You must have a very long, thin, tapered penis.
YojimboMonkey

« Reply #7 on: Nov 19, 2010, 05:04:59 PM »

This may not be the highest quality one I've ever done but I happened across it today while clicking through my gallery site and got a chuckle from it

Black Amnesia of Heaven

« Reply #8 on: Nov 21, 2010, 11:23:44 AM »

I don't have any skills with regard to Photoshop whatsoever, but I have friends, and we participate in a glog together, and they did these things last week:

elpollodiablo

« Reply #9 on: Nov 21, 2010, 11:34:31 AM »

You fucking kids

think 'on the road.'
davy

« Reply #10 on: Feb 16, 2011, 03:47:20 PM »

So the band I've been in for a couple years, Night Nurses, is pretty much done. Our singer/songwriter is moving this year and there hasn't been any wind in our sails for quite a while. The upside to this is that 3 of the members--myself, the keyboardist, & the lead guitarist--are forming a new, poppier group. Night Nurses could get pretty dour at times, but we're going to play more fun covers, we're going to be sort of goofy maybe, we're going to play danceable things. It's going to be A LOT of fun. We had our first practice last week and it was awesomely productive. In lieu of coming up with a band name immediately, we started calling the project Star Slammer, after the Fred Olen Ray sci-fi sexploitation flick. It's kind of sticking.

In the early 90s, Marvel put out a minor graphic novel called Star Slammers. The funny thing about this is that there was an old Marvel comic in the 70s called Night Nurse, and I'd used the cover page of that comic to devise our logo.

Starting with this:

I used everything Microsoft Paint had to offer, and came away with this:

and this:

And, having no formal training in photoshop or whatever, I was pretty proud of myself. For the larger image, I had to copy and paste an "S" and shift various things around. The trickiest part was retaining that scruffy vintage appearance and getting the yellow border to match up.

This week, I took on Star Slammers, beginning with the cover of the graphic novel:

and turning it into:

It's not perfect, but I'm pretty happy with it. I had to take out the top of that castle and reconstruct the "M" under it using the 2nd "M" in "Slammer". The hardest part here was constructing a sunray to slice through the letter once I had it reconstructed. I ended up copying one of the other sunrays and rotating it until it fit onto the piece that was already there. There was some extreme-zoom pixel-by-pixel work involved, and I'd never done that before.

I mean, I spent almost all day yesterday doing this, and when you put that much work into something, you want to show it off, so that's what I'm doing, basically. Smile
« Last Edit: Feb 16, 2011, 03:49:08 PM by davy » Logged

The drummer IS the foundation, p3wn.
Antero

« Reply #11 on: Feb 16, 2011, 10:04:10 PM »

My ex made this.  It inspired a song, which I am pretty sure I will never record.

Quote from: nonotyet
this has been OPINIONS IN CAPSLOCK
dumbfish

« Reply #12 on: Feb 17, 2011, 07:34:45 AM »

Los Tres Ranas Amables?

Love is awesome and has only Darko to fight for rebounds.
YojimboMonkey

« Reply #13 on: Nov 15, 2011, 01:00:05 PM »

This may not be the highest quality one I've ever done but I happened across it today while clicking through my gallery site and got a chuckle from it

Came across this Wired gallery today that made me think of this one:

19 Insane Posters for Movies That May Never Exist

I'd watch the hell out of Abraham Lincoln vs. Zombies.

YojimboMonkey

« Reply #14 on: Nov 15, 2011, 01:28:44 PM »

Also Nazis at the Center of the Earth

fishjim

« Reply #15 on: Nov 22, 2011, 01:04:06 PM »

Here's an early one of mine and probably one of my absolute favorite ones I've ever done

and why not, another one, this is kind of a less is more thing

These are brilliant, Yojimbo. I want the lizard for our Christmas card!

Just wandering the countryside clearing caves.
fishjim

« Reply #16 on: Nov 22, 2011, 02:18:00 PM »

It's been weird seeing the pepper spraying cop everywhere. Back in 2007, me & my wife & 7-mo old drove through Davis on the way back from Oregon. After lunch, Iris and I were taking it easy in the square downtown when THE VERY SAME COP came out of nowhere and flamed me in the third eye.

« Last Edit: Nov 22, 2011, 02:19:45 PM by fishjim » Logged

fishjim

« Reply #17 on: Dec 07, 2011, 12:53:37 PM »

I don't know who's responsible for this, but I've been giggling about it every time I think of it. Who knew Paul Krugman was the spitting image of George Clooney in Syriana?

YojimboMonkey

« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2012, 12:01:50 PM »

Here is a dumb animated gif I just whipped up based on the "scary tree" that Neil Gaiman posted on his tumblr.

YojimboMonkey

« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2012, 01:02:32 PM »

sadly most browsers won't show an animated gif frame for anything less than 1/10 of a second. With the correct timing, it looks much more like the Sesame Street martians as intended.

clare

« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2012, 07:17:04 AM »

I totally thought "Martians! yip yip yip, ah ha! brrrrrrrring" (the telephone one is my fave of all time). I love it.

You must have a very long, thin, tapered penis.
fishjim

« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2012, 03:06:16 AM »

Pages: [1]
Print
LPTJ | Last Plane Forums | Departure Lounge | Topic: dumb photoshop repository
Jump to: