Home
Help
Search
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Dec 18, 2014, 02:21:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search: Advanced search
658295 Posts in 9264 Topics by 3396 Members Latest Member: - vlozan86 Most online today: 57 - most online ever: 494 (Jul 01, 2007, 02:59:53 PM)
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24
Print
Author Topic: #occupylptj - new news thread  (Read 19459 times)
RoyBiggins

« Reply #475 on: Dec 27, 2011, 09:58:31 AM »

wah? RP is not a third party candidate.

See, he's a fake-ass republican candidate though.  IMHO.  Dude is only Republican now because nobody will elect an actual representative from the libertarian party.

This year's Village Voice Jizz and Pap list had a whole lot of birds I'd never even heard of before.
Babar

« Reply #476 on: Dec 27, 2011, 11:27:13 AM »

He's a strict constitutionalist. It can be argued that he's the most conservative candidate of the group. But all ya'll must understand that I'm an outsider and that's how I follow American politics. Some issues are more important to me than others and if I actually lived in America I would revaluate my position on these matters. Perhaps I would come to the same conclusion, perhaps not. But I like Ron Paul because he proposes individual liberty and peace, which no one else seems to be proposing. There are plenty of matters that don't really concern me like health and education and I haven't researched them like some of the others. I'm not trying to convert any of you, vote for whoever you want, that's what democracy is about. It's all love, babies.

Oh man, I'm gonna have cause to regret this post. I know it.
Greg Nog

« Reply #477 on: Dec 27, 2011, 11:47:42 AM »

Vice actually had a rundown this month of the various things wrong with Ron Paul.
DCDave

« Reply #478 on: Dec 27, 2011, 11:48:42 AM »

Being a racist makes him MORE attractive to CBS, not less.

But what the fuck do I know, I have a penis.
elpollodiablo

« Reply #479 on: Dec 27, 2011, 12:34:23 PM »

With Herman Cain in the jaws of defeat from trying to indulge in so much victory snatch,

Hey there went the first sentence from Vice I've read in many years and hopefully the last in many more

Though I guess it's actually just a sentence fragment!

think 'on the road.'
elpollodiablo

« Reply #480 on: Dec 27, 2011, 12:38:12 PM »

Oh man World Net Daily it's been too long

Woman disgusted with Ron Paul's book as gift
Starts crying when reading congressman's statement that Israel is 'apartheid state'
Posted: December 26, 2011
11:06 am Eastern

The following is a video of a young woman receiving Ron Paul’s book “Liberty Defined” as a Christmas present.

Rather than express joy over her gift, however, upon reading an excerpt in which Paul refers to Israel as an “apartheid state,” the woman literally cries.

Shocked and horrified over Paul’s views on Israel, the woman is clearly displeased with her Yuletide gift.

Click here to read the full story and see the video..

Read more: Woman disgusted with Ron Paul's book as gift http://www.wnd.com/?pageId=381397#ixzz1hl2f7jFn

think 'on the road.'
Antero

« Reply #481 on: Dec 27, 2011, 02:59:23 PM »

He's a strict constitutionalist.
He's not.  He's simply opposed to the federal government.  In practice, he actually wants to repeal chunks of the constitution, and does everything he can to take the federal constitution out of the hands of the federal courts that are tasked with upholding it.
But I like Ron Paul because he proposes individual liberty
He doesn't.  He proposes purely economic liberty, stripped of the protections of a modern democratic society.  In the name of so-called "liberty" he proposes repealing the Civil Rights Act of 1964, legalizing segregation in public facilities, and repealing the 14th Amendment - you know, the one with "equal protection of the laws" and "due process," and which made the protections of the federal Constitution applicable to the states.

When Ron Paul says "liberty" he means "deregulation".  That and that alone.

Quote from: nonotyet
this has been OPINIONS IN CAPSLOCK
cold before sunrise

« Reply #482 on: Dec 28, 2011, 04:41:01 AM »

what do you mean?

ron paul is the only candidate who seems relatively human, and not like a politically programmed robot, which might show just how little attention i'm paying. of course his image is contrived, maybe it's the odd way he talks that's charming. that he talks about things other politicians won't and how he doesn't seem have such an obviously calculated strategy. i don't suppose it matters much... he couldn't change much if he tried. did he really make a million dollars publishing articles that said it was isreal that caused 9-11? well! does it make me racist to not think it's a big deal if he did? why sweat it? like i personally refused to broadcast white power music from my garage but might have reconsidered for the chance of a cool million, would have gladly thrown in some mean ginger jokes against myself for good measure if it'd have put me in the 1% without being such an unforgivable dick about it. i'm pretty sure you've got to be a total dick to do whatever it takes to get to the top but there are way worse ways of getting there than circulating bad jokes.

Riding a tidal wave of whiskey on a surfboard made out of don't care.
G.C.R

« Reply #483 on: Dec 28, 2011, 04:50:18 AM »

what do you mean?

ron paul is the only candidate who seems relatively human, and not like a politically programmed robot, which might show just how little attention i'm paying. of course his image is contrived, maybe it's the odd way he talks that's charming. that he talks about things other politicians won't and how he doesn't seem have such an obviously calculated strategy. i don't suppose it matters much... he couldn't change much if he tried. did he really make a million dollars publishing articles that said it was isreal that caused 9-11? well! does it make me racist to not think it's a big deal if he did? why sweat it? like i personally refused to broadcast white power music from my garage but might have reconsidered for the chance of a cool million, would have gladly thrown in some mean ginger jokes against myself for good measure if it'd have put me in the 1% without being such an unforgivable dick about it. i'm pretty sure you've got to be a total dick to do whatever it takes to get to the top but there are way worse ways of getting there than circulating bad jokes.

I'm quoting this in case you edit it out again, but really... Whhaaaaatttt??????

I think it's fair to assume we'll be inebriated and covered in bodily effluvia all weekend
cold before sunrise

« Reply #484 on: Dec 28, 2011, 05:38:06 AM »

whatever man.

Antero

« Reply #485 on: Dec 28, 2011, 05:39:21 AM »

*golf clap*

cold before sunrise

« Reply #486 on: Dec 28, 2011, 07:06:01 AM »

oh, be cool. if they wouldn't let obama pass bills to cover the most basic human health rights do you think anybody will ever make it simple for a racist leprechaun to reinstall 'black's only' water fountains? real likely. money decides what happens next, not your votes, but ron paul represents things worth standing behind: accountability, world peace, and rule of law. is it a requirement to agree with everything a person ever said or done to support them? i trust him more for not being afraid to rock the boat, for having a track record of saying what he thinks even when it's unconventional. he's got a philosophy of freedom.

Antero

« Reply #487 on: Dec 28, 2011, 08:44:14 AM »

If there is one thing Ron Paul does not stand for it is most definitely rule of law.

RoyBiggins

« Reply #488 on: Dec 28, 2011, 09:50:04 AM »

Every time I turn on the morning news in the car, I feel like I'm in the opening scene of a post-apocalyptic adventure movie, and I'm the protagonist hearing the exposition that's meant to explain to the audience the sort of Cliff's Notes version of why the entire world is about to be apocalypsed.

This year's Village Voice Jizz and Pap list had a whole lot of birds I'd never even heard of before.
RoyBiggins

« Reply #489 on: Dec 28, 2011, 09:51:23 AM »

OT: And, a potential presidential nominee advocating the repeal of the Civil Rights act just seems just about like the icing on that cake.  Luckily, Kurtwood Smith is due to play a comic villain again, and is old enough to play such an elder statesman.

elpollodiablo

« Reply #490 on: Dec 28, 2011, 09:53:14 AM »

oh, be cool. if they wouldn't let obama pass bills to cover the most basic human health rights do you think anybody will ever make it simple for a racist leprechaun to reinstall 'black's only' water fountains? real likely. money decides what happens next, not your votes, but ron paul represents things worth standing behind: accountability, world peace, and rule of law. is it a requirement to agree with everything a person ever said or done to support them? i trust him more for not being afraid to rock the boat, for having a track record of saying what he thinks even when it's unconventional. he's got a philosophy of freedom.

I think it should be a requirement that you know & understand even one of his policy positions.

think 'on the road.'
YojimboMonkey

« Reply #491 on: Dec 28, 2011, 10:04:05 AM »

On the other hand, I think it'll be refreshing when I go try to pay my mortgage by bartering a couple of chickens and several hours of consulting work

Anus-licking causes sepsis; if not given antibiotics within a half hour, they perish.
jebreject

« Reply #492 on: Dec 28, 2011, 10:37:43 AM »

On the other hand, I think it'll be refreshing when I go try to pay my mortgage by bartering a couple of chickens and several hours of consulting work

I personally see nothing wrong with this approach

I'm not racist, I've got lots of black Facebook friends.
cold before sunrise

« Reply #493 on: Dec 28, 2011, 11:57:49 AM »

I think it should be a requirement that you know & understand even one of his policy positions.

bah. if i had any interest in say, installing a national chain of dime-bag vending machines then he'd be my man but that doesn't mean the idea is ever going to fly. tell me, what's more important then staying the fuck out of iran?

Antero

« Reply #494 on: Dec 28, 2011, 01:10:05 PM »

*drives own head through desk like a karate master*

Greg Nog

« Reply #495 on: Dec 28, 2011, 01:25:09 PM »

fishjim

« Reply #496 on: Dec 28, 2011, 01:42:48 PM »

Every time I turn on the morning news in the car, I feel like I'm in the opening scene of a post-apocalyptic adventure movie, and I'm the protagonist hearing the exposition that's meant to explain to the audience the sort of Cliff's Notes version of why the entire world is about to be apocalypsed.

You coulda wrote this song, Biggins!

"She's Gone" - The Pining

Discovered thanks to ellaguru's Richard Nixon mix. Not entirely sure my transcription of "reaper man, reap" is accurate, but it's what I keep hearing.

Open up the newspaper
Every story turns a lover to a hater
Every word screams reaper man, reap
Stands over your bed, wakes you from your sleep, sayin'

Face it, she's gone
Face it, she's gone
No more time to be wasted
You better face it, she's gone

Just wandering the countryside clearing caves.
Thermofusion

« Reply #497 on: Dec 28, 2011, 02:00:38 PM »

Free advice to Cbs:

triple paisley minimum
RoyBiggins

« Reply #498 on: Dec 28, 2011, 04:23:18 PM »

*drives own head through desk like a karate master*

I'm not positive, but I think that's racist, assuming you know karate just because you're Japanese.

Antero

« Reply #499 on: Dec 28, 2011, 04:49:15 PM »

but i do know karate

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24
Print
LPTJ | Last Plane Forums | Departure Lounge | Topic: #occupylptj - new news thread
Jump to: