Home
Help
Search
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Oct 24, 2014, 07:50:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search: Advanced search
658134 Posts in 9262 Topics by 3396 Members Latest Member: - vlozan86 Most online today: 61 - most online ever: 494 (Jul 01, 2007, 02:59:53 PM)
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 ... 21
Print
Author Topic: Now We Only Care About Rap  (Read 23140 times)
Chet

« Reply #175 on: Nov 09, 2011, 07:14:17 AM »

if I had a dollar for everytime tsks threw his toys out of the pram and quit the board i'd have about 23 dollars.

"You need to put some clothes on and eat some food."
dieblucasdie

« Reply #176 on: Nov 09, 2011, 08:47:40 AM »

What the shit happened there

he was basically your only chance at making the world love you.
dieblucasdie

« Reply #177 on: Nov 09, 2011, 08:48:56 AM »

Is there even any rapey stuff on BLACKENEDWHITE at all?  I don't recall any, but it's been a while since I listened to it.

Thermofusion

« Reply #178 on: Nov 09, 2011, 10:37:03 AM »

And I was stupid to think that I could avoid having that reality shoved into my face by simply avoiding the departure lounge forum. You guys are sanctimonious douchebags anywhere on this forum you post. And there's a great concentration of the worst of you in the hip-hop threads. So yeah, this is my last post on LPTJ.

Dude, nobody provoked you. You blew up on your own!

Also the "a great concentration of the worst of you in the hip-hop threads" thing is ludicrous. I think we're on the fourth hip hop thread now, and I'll go out on a limb and say the level of discourse in this thread is profoundly higher than any other Earbuds thread. There haven't been any bench-clearing brawls (a few heated debates about Tyler but they never got nasty), and point me to any other longterm thread here 1) dedicated to a single genre 2) that attempts to break down, codify and celebrate emerging trends in that genre 3) while keeping the standard of discussion high. And who among the "regulars" are the sanctimonious douchebags? Antero, whose posts are mostly links to music he thinks we should hear? Shai faithe, who is pretty much all positivity? I don't do much in this thread but say "me too" when we're praising Lil B or to post the occasional Strange Music track. Blucas just posts about Cohesive. Who/where are the douchebags?

C'mon man, you can't be serious.

triple paisley minimum
YojimboMonkey

« Reply #179 on: Nov 09, 2011, 10:43:55 AM »

Was there a post deleted that I missed or something? 'Cause I didn't see where that came from either. 

TSKS relax a bit man

Anus-licking causes sepsis; if not given antibiotics within a half hour, they perish.
Black Amnesia of Heaven

« Reply #180 on: Nov 09, 2011, 11:07:36 AM »

Jesus christ. This reminds me of why I quit this board for a year. When it comes right down to it, some of you are just horrible people.

Andrew I love you dude but this is a completely shitty thing to say. Especially when you are not actually engaging in a conversation with anyone.

EDIT: BUT MAYBE A POST WAS DELETED SO I DON'T KNOW
« Last Edit: Nov 09, 2011, 11:09:43 AM by Black Amnesia of Heaven » Logged

Thermofusion

« Reply #181 on: Nov 09, 2011, 11:19:04 AM »

I know Antero was quippin' but I seriously wanna hear gangsta ambient drone. Someone needs to mashup Ice Cube with Machinefabriek

triple paisley minimum
elpollodiablo

« Reply #182 on: Nov 09, 2011, 11:51:23 AM »

I'd listen to that.

think 'on the road.'
Babar

« Reply #183 on: Nov 09, 2011, 11:59:18 AM »

i watched this like voyeur from the words get set go, no posts were deleted.

Oh man, I'm gonna have cause to regret this post. I know it.
dieblucasdie

« Reply #184 on: Nov 09, 2011, 12:06:22 PM »

It makes more sense if you read the thread from his post on Das Racist to here.  We all shat on Das Racist (though I was really the only one who was a dick about it; everyone else was substantive on the issue), then L6L9 posted that link about that promoter dropping Tyler, and he got all cranky about people's response to that, and then apparently fishjim listening to and enjoying a MellowHype album was the bridge too far.

NB:  I listened to BLACKENEDWHITE again this morning; the only rapey line I could pick out was Hodgy saying, "I can treat you like Kobe" at some point, but a TON of rappers have had variations on that line.
« Last Edit: Nov 09, 2011, 12:08:38 PM by dieblucasdie » Logged

YojimboMonkey

« Reply #185 on: Nov 09, 2011, 12:08:45 PM »

There are apparently currents in the rap community of which I, a fairly ignorant outsider, am totally unaware, if "hey I kinda dig this album" "oh yeah well FUCK YOU *flounces*" is something that's going to happen

Anus-licking causes sepsis; if not given antibiotics within a half hour, they perish.
dieblucasdie

« Reply #186 on: Nov 09, 2011, 12:17:27 PM »

Can we say that it was really because I was a dick about him liking Das Racist?  'Cause then I could claim credit for 3 flounces

nonotyet

« Reply #187 on: Nov 09, 2011, 12:21:29 PM »

who were the other two?
Thermofusion

« Reply #188 on: Nov 09, 2011, 12:23:08 PM »

You can't take credit for mine, that was all santaclaustral

triple paisley minimum
dieblucasdie

« Reply #189 on: Nov 09, 2011, 12:24:13 PM »

Oh wait, I'm misremembering.  Thermo and I got bitchy with each other all the time, but his actual flounce was about Bernard and Gracelette.  I think I deserve most of the credit for diesel_powered, though.

ha, xpost

Thermofusion

« Reply #190 on: Nov 09, 2011, 12:26:23 PM »

And now me and Nardo are hella tight

triple paisley minimum
fishjim

« Reply #191 on: Nov 09, 2011, 12:28:56 PM »

I know Antero was quippin' but I seriously wanna hear gangsta ambient drone. Someone needs to mashup Ice Cube with Machinefabriek

Me too!

Xpost with books thread: Given the Old World influence of Machinefabriek, maybe Ice Cube could do his gangsta thing in a freestyle adaptation of Tamburlaine the Great Part I.

Just wandering the countryside clearing caves.
elpollodiablo

« Reply #192 on: Nov 09, 2011, 12:35:38 PM »

Maybe they could do it in the style of a terrible lyric poem about gender and lust

think 'on the road.'
Antero

« Reply #193 on: Nov 09, 2011, 12:45:37 PM »

Me too!

Xpost with books thread: Given the Old World influence of Machinefabriek, maybe Ice Cube could do his gangsta thing in a freestyle adaptation of Tamburlaine the Great Part I.
I feel like there's a solid 30% chance I have something that would qualify.  Will check.

Quote from: nonotyet
this has been OPINIONS IN CAPSLOCK
DanielBurns11

« Reply #194 on: Nov 09, 2011, 04:16:32 PM »

I'm know I'm way way way late on this but I have to say that Sir Lucious Left Foot: The Son of Chico Dusty is a straight up masterpiece. I haven't been this addicted to a hip-hop album since Tha Carter II.

Anyone have anything to say about the new ASAP Rocky? I loved 'Purple Swag' but was underwhelmed by the EP it was contained on and can't seem to muster the motivation to check out anything else by him.

milly balgeary

« Reply #195 on: Nov 09, 2011, 06:39:25 PM »

And I was stupid to think that I could avoid having that reality shoved into my face by simply avoiding the departure lounge forum. You guys are sanctimonious douchebags anywhere on this forum you post. And there's a great concentration of the worst of you in the hip-hop threads. So yeah, this is my last post on LPTJ.

coulda at least picked something good dawg. what a waste of a goodbye. Sad

milly balgeary

« Reply #196 on: Nov 09, 2011, 06:40:41 PM »

Dude, nobody provoked you. You blew up on your own!

Also the "a great concentration of the worst of you in the hip-hop threads" thing is ludicrous. I think we're on the fourth hip hop thread now, and I'll go out on a limb and say the level of discourse in this thread is profoundly higher than any other Earbuds thread. There haven't been any bench-clearing brawls (a few heated debates about Tyler but they never got nasty), and point me to any other longterm thread here 1) dedicated to a single genre 2) that attempts to break down, codify and celebrate emerging trends in that genre 3) while keeping the standard of discussion high. And who among the "regulars" are the sanctimonious douchebags? Antero, whose posts are mostly links to music he thinks we should hear? Shai faithe, who is pretty much all positivity? I don't do much in this thread but say "me too" when we're praising Lil B or to post the occasional Strange Music track. Blucas just posts about Cohesive. Who/where are the douchebags?

C'mon man, you can't be serious.

naw he serious, i serious too, got hodgy beats cassette on in the white van and goin rapin

milly balgeary

« Reply #197 on: Nov 09, 2011, 06:43:50 PM »

2chainz any good? stereogum had a writeup. just happ to see it. not like i read steregum all the time or nothin.

Antero

« Reply #198 on: Nov 09, 2011, 06:58:58 PM »

A lot of people liked Codeine Cowboy.  I remain unconvinced - he's competent, but he's not doing anything that is getting me really hyped up.  The sheer depth of his drawl is pretty impressive though.

Quote from: nonotyet
this has been OPINIONS IN CAPSLOCK
milly balgeary

« Reply #199 on: Nov 09, 2011, 07:35:00 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrPbLa_OLL4

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 ... 21
Print
LPTJ | Last Plane Forums | In The Earbuds | Topic: Now We Only Care About Rap
Jump to: