Home
Help
Search
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Sep 18, 2014, 07:48:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search: Advanced search
658012 Posts in 9261 Topics by 3396 Members Latest Member: - vlozan86 Most online today: 53 - most online ever: 494 (Jul 01, 2007, 02:59:53 PM)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Printer?  (Read 736 times)
Ashley

« on: Apr 07, 2012, 10:41:05 PM »

I'm looking to buy a printer, does anyone have any suggestions?  I'm looking for something with cheap ink mostly, I've been stuck with too many printers whose ink costs about as much the printer itself. 

I know b&w laser printers with toner are usually the best bet for cheap ink, but I print graphics and printers more than documents and I think laser printers are not great for that?  I need it mostly for checking design roughs for school, but not for printing final projects.

If you have a printer that is super great with cheap ink let me know what it is.  I can probably afford around $300?

dogg you ain't gotta rustle outside in cloaks of darkness and shit
Thermofusion

« Reply #1 on: Apr 12, 2012, 11:58:25 AM »

Man I don't have much to offer, just feel bad this has been viewed over 50 times with no replies. I have an Epson all-in-one that works fine but I feel like the ink's a ripoff. At my former workplace we had a dozen HP inkjets and we went to Cartridge World for refills, but that voided the warranty and the ink was noticeably duller. The only brand I'd advise against is Lexmark; the ink (used to be) relatively cheap, but my Lexmark broke after a year and customer support was the worst.

triple paisley minimum
Ashley

« Reply #2 on: Apr 12, 2012, 12:31:47 PM »

Yeah!  I cheered when I saw someone replied.

I've done some more research and I'm pretty sure I'm going to get a Brother HL2270DW for printing most stuff.  I've thought about it, and if a b&w laser printer can print on the wacky paper stock I keep bringing home from the paper store it's definitely what I need.  And maybe a small, cheap all in one for the scanner & rare colour printing.  I guess I'll just pick up a used one from craigslist.  I'm okay with dull ink, so I'll definitely look into refills.  And not a lexmark, ok.  I think I had one for a while and it turned into a dead weight too.
« Last Edit: Apr 12, 2012, 12:33:35 PM by Ashley » Logged

jebreject

« Reply #3 on: Apr 12, 2012, 12:50:46 PM »

Those Brother printers are really good.

I'm not racist, I've got lots of black Facebook friends.
Thermofusion

« Reply #4 on: Apr 12, 2012, 01:09:49 PM »

That thing looks like a pretty awesome value actually. Desktop laser printer that does wireless networking for $90 at Amazon and good reviews! Would be great for printing out sheet music. Shit fuck it I'm buying one.

triple paisley minimum
jebreject

« Reply #5 on: Apr 12, 2012, 01:14:34 PM »

I might buy one too

I'm not racist, I've got lots of black Facebook friends.
Ashley

« Reply #6 on: Apr 12, 2012, 02:14:32 PM »

this is fantastic, printer buying party

Thermofusion

« Reply #7 on: Apr 12, 2012, 06:53:03 PM »

For the folks too uncool to get invited to Tupperware parties!

triple paisley minimum
davy

« Reply #8 on: Apr 12, 2012, 08:09:51 PM »

Dang, I didn't know people bought printers anymore! I haven't had one in 3 years maybe.

The drummer IS the foundation, p3wn.
Greg Nog

« Reply #9 on: Apr 12, 2012, 08:24:13 PM »

I love having mine, even though it's a piece of shit!  I mostly print out tickets, but also use it for crafts; for frosting glasses, for example, I can print a stencil onto multiple sheets of sticker-paper, rather than having to redraw the same stencil multiple times.
Ashley

« Reply #10 on: Apr 12, 2012, 09:28:13 PM »

Yeah, I want it for fucking around with art&design stuff.  I've been using printers at schools / print shops for years now, but it'll be nice to be able to fuck around with it myself instead of having to say to some print guy "Hey, can you print on this?  What about this?  What if I cut it this way first? Oh sorry I folded it wrong can you print it again?" and spend a bunch of money when really I just want to try out some ideas.

Pages: [1]
Print
LPTJ | Last Plane Forums | White Courtesy Phone | Topic: Printer?
Jump to: