Home
Help
Search
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Oct 24, 2014, 12:52:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search: Advanced search
658132 Posts in 9262 Topics by 3396 Members Latest Member: - vlozan86 Most online today: 61 - most online ever: 494 (Jul 01, 2007, 02:59:53 PM)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 21
Print
Author Topic: SUB+AUX 'BE'+'always'+~ing VERB! (1st Wrld Annoyances)  (Read 17340 times)
hannah

« Reply #50 on: Jan 18, 2012, 12:34:23 PM »

I am my department's "social chair." This means a lot of extra annoying work—figuring out "social activities" like bar nights, getting the budget for them approved, sending out emails, attending these bar nights, paying for them out of my own pocket, filing the receipts, waiting two weeks for reimbursement.

It's really not that bad, all things considered. Except when I pay $163.50 of my own money and the reimbursement check gets lost in the mail.
hannah

« Reply #51 on: Jan 18, 2012, 12:35:21 PM »

Short version: I'd really like that $163.50. A month ago would've been nice. Just put it directly towards my heating bill, thanks.
jm

« Reply #52 on: Jan 20, 2012, 07:26:00 PM »

I went to my friends' place the other day to trade some beers for a meal of Indian food and a pair of shoes (a steal for me!) and got the added bonus of being able to play with their awesome cats.  Unfortunately, my almost-puffed-shut eye confirmed a long-held suspicion: I am allergic to cats.  Absolute mad face.

His hand is holding my hands, which are rested on his knee.
fishjim

« Reply #53 on: Jan 20, 2012, 08:03:58 PM »

I went to my friends' place the other day to trade some beers for a meal of Indian food and a pair of shoes (a steal for me!) and got the added bonus of being able to play with their awesome cats.  Unfortunately, my almost-puffed-shut eye confirmed a long-held suspicion: I am allergic to cats.  Absolute mad face.

That's a real blow, man. I give you all the sad faces in the world. If you want to dig my cats' graves to get closer to them in a hypo-allergenic manner, you are welcome to.

In the meantime, here's a poem to enjoy them by.

« Last Edit: Jan 20, 2012, 08:16:54 PM by fishjim » Logged

Just wandering the countryside clearing caves.
coldforge

« Reply #54 on: Jan 20, 2012, 11:38:41 PM »

You ever get the feeling that half of WCW's career was just chasing Archy?

è l'era del terzo mondo.
fishjim

« Reply #55 on: Jan 21, 2012, 12:17:52 AM »

You ever get the feeling that half of WCW's career was just chasing Archy?

There's a resemblance there, yep. But oddly enough, half of Archie's career (A.R. Ammons) was just chasing WCW.

Goes around, comes around, etc.
« Last Edit: Jan 21, 2012, 12:20:16 AM by fishjim » Logged

Ignatius

« Reply #56 on: Jan 21, 2012, 12:50:52 AM »

NWO, man, fuck em
cold before sunrise

« Reply #57 on: Jan 21, 2012, 05:29:35 PM »

i'm kind of annoyed that my signature is cut off. could edit it to fit but then it loses something...

every time
you make
a typo, the
errorists win

Riding a tidal wave of whiskey on a surfboard made out of don't care.
Anne the Man

« Reply #58 on: Jan 22, 2012, 06:31:44 PM »

I hate how when I come home from holiday I have to deal with randoms in my house and my flatmates won't do anything to ensure there aren't randoms in my house. I had an open mind to this stuff all last year and then bad stuff got in so I had to shut it more than I'd like. But I know one's home shouldn't be a place for every Tom Dick and Harry to stop by at 11pm even if they're not technically doing anything bad. I just want my living room to myself for once! Gah!

Anyway, looking at new flats.

Hey jerks, mind if I watch you jerks do your jerk-bending?
elpollodiablo

« Reply #59 on: Jan 25, 2012, 11:24:03 AM »

Going to fall the fuck asleeeeeep in seminar

think 'on the road.'
mixed cats

« Reply #60 on: Jan 25, 2012, 02:05:07 PM »

Also desire to sleep on my desk thanks to lunch.

My left ring finger is swollen and hurts, and I have no idea what I did to it. Glad I took my rings off before I went to bed, though.

call me, and we'll sit down and work it out
over pancakes and orange juices
fishjim

« Reply #61 on: Jan 25, 2012, 02:19:55 PM »

Also desire to sleep on my desk thanks to lunch.

My left ring finger is swollen and hurts, and I have no idea what I did to it. Glad I took my rings off before I went to bed, though.

I wonder if your finger isn't swollen from the ring. Fluid retention is normal & expected during pregnancy, and can show up as swollen hands & feet.

maybe keep the ring off for a few days and see if things improve?

mixed cats

« Reply #62 on: Jan 25, 2012, 02:23:33 PM »

Pregnancy swelling doesn't usually also come with the pain and discoloration of a jammed finger

fishjim

« Reply #63 on: Jan 25, 2012, 02:25:26 PM »

Er, no it doesn't. Ouch.

Do you flail your arms a lot when you sleep?  Very Happy

RoyBiggins

« Reply #64 on: Jan 25, 2012, 03:07:07 PM »

Does your husband have any prominent finger-shaped bruises?

This year's Village Voice Jizz and Pap list had a whole lot of birds I'd never even heard of before.
mixed cats

« Reply #65 on: Jan 25, 2012, 03:13:39 PM »

It was fine at 10:30 when I got in bed, but was hurting by the time I rolled over to go to sleep at midnight, and all I did in that time was hold up and occasionally poke at my iPad.
It's starting to feel better! I use my hands a lot for work but it still was only a small annoyance.

elpollodiablo

« Reply #66 on: Jan 27, 2012, 10:32:50 AM »

Having a daughter for this short time has already opened my eyes a bit wider re: our culture's disgusting gender bias. Just been noticing that in all of the literature on baby care that the only pronouns used are male ones. When D was pregnant and people would ask us boy or girl, we'd say "A girl! We both wanted a girl." And almost invariably, our interlocutor would go, "Really?" Yes fucking really what the fuck is your problem.

think 'on the road.'
Greg Nog

« Reply #67 on: Jan 27, 2012, 10:37:18 AM »

Do you still still feel the same way now that you have him?
Babar

« Reply #68 on: Jan 27, 2012, 10:45:49 AM »

Going to fall the fuck asleeeeeep in seminar

Here's some Babar trivia for ya. I've never slept in class. Ever. In fact, I've never fallen asleep in public.

Oh man, I'm gonna have cause to regret this post. I know it.
elpollodiablo

« Reply #69 on: Jan 27, 2012, 10:46:30 AM »

I never have either, actually. I could never get comfortable enough to fall asleep in class. Hell, I've never even slept on an airplane.

think 'on the road.'
peacocks

« Reply #70 on: Jan 27, 2012, 10:48:02 AM »

Do you still still feel the same way now that you have him?

looooooooool

dick-check your priviledge
peacocks

« Reply #71 on: Jan 27, 2012, 10:48:36 AM »

I never have either, actually. I could never get comfortable enough to fall asleep in class. Hell, I've never even slept on an airplane.

I can't imagine not sleeping on an airplane. My entire objective once I board is to fall asleep as soon as possible.

dick-check your priviledge
Babar

« Reply #72 on: Jan 27, 2012, 11:19:47 AM »

I feels ya. It's probably a survival instinct. We don't want to be at our most vulnerable with the prying eyes of our peers all around us. Plus, falling asleep around white people can have dire consequences.

Oh man, I'm gonna have cause to regret this post. I know it.
Ignatius

« Reply #73 on: Jan 27, 2012, 11:20:38 AM »

Even if that's not my objective, it's almost always the automatic thing that happens. I wouldn't say it's super comfortable, but nothing else is as possible as sleep. Same thing with buses. In transport, I am as a babe in a mother's arms

xpost
alex

« Reply #74 on: Jan 27, 2012, 11:33:45 AM »

I can't imagine not sleeping in class.

Okay, that's not true, but I definitely had a few classes in my early 20s during which I fell asleep much more often than not. I think it was mostly during one particular winter in which I had a lot of afternoon/evening classes and bad migraines. Since there was never enough sunlight and all lecture rooms in Vienna are equipped with really terrible migraine-triggering neon lights, I usually had to close and often even hide my eyes to protect myself. And then two things happened: 1) it's really hard to stay awake when you're tired, have your eyes closed and are trying to stay awake; and 2) everyone must have assumed I was asleep anyway, so really, why even fight it?

As for airplanes, I often fall alseep during short-distance flight, but never seem to succeed during long-distance ones - i.e. always when it doesn't matter, never when I'm trying to rest. Figures.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 21
Print
LPTJ | Last Plane Forums | Departure Lounge | Topic: SUB+AUX 'BE'+'always'+~ing VERB! (1st Wrld Annoyances)
Jump to: